Lose 10 pounds in February? You bet we can!!!!

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I must share I peeked at the scale today and I am at 349 and that was my goal this week to get into the 340's. I have not been in the 340's in 2 years!!:bigsmile: It felt good to see that number on my scale!! So needless to say I am pumped! One more pound and I will have lost 40 of 80 pounds I regained after having weight loss surgery in 2004. It has been a struggle getting this regained weight off but I am going to do it and I am doing it this year too!! My goal for the year is to get under 300 if I do nothing else this year.

I do weigh most days but I only count it on my 2 weigh in days this month which is Tuesday and Friday!!

This challenge and group has really helped to keep me focused on my goals. The accountability is so motivating. The chart is even more helpful since I am a numbers girl too!! So thanks and hugs to all of you!!!:drinker: :heart:

Happy hump day all!!!:flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    So this week has started off so slow for me. I missed the gym twice this week as Monday we were at a Leafs game in Toronto and yesterday my best friend from high school came to visit. I haven't gotten a chance to weigh in but am heading to the gym this morning and will report back asap. On the upside, I got engaged on Monday night! So if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is. I am committed to getting in the extra 7 miles this week plus 3 more gym work outs and do something active while we are at the in laws on the week( run the stairs maybe) I am determined to get back on track!!

Congrats!!! Yes that will help get you back on track!!! The key is not to give up. Success is never giving up! You can do it!
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I must share I peeked at the scale today and I am at 349 and that was my goal this week to get into the 340's. I have not been in the 340's in 2 years!!:bigsmile: It felt good to see that number on my scale!! So needless to say I am pumped! One more pound and I will have lost 40 of 80 pounds I regained after having weight loss surgery in 2004. It has been a struggle getting this regained weight off but I am going to do it and I am doing it this year too!! My goal for the year is to get under 300 if I do nothing else this year.

Well done you really have a great attitude & it is inspiring. I'm trying to regain the motivation to keep going but it sure is hard. Sometimes its easier to give in but then I think how hard I have to work to shift those pounds its keeping me on the straight and narrow. I'm a firm believer that if I don't lose weight I at least have to maintain but unfortunately I've been maintaining for the last 3/4wks so now its time to push myself harder - without overdoing it :smile:
  • gethealthygetfit
    Options
    Sorry I missed the weigh in yesterday, I was 202. Lost 2 pounds. Yay!

Screen name: Blueyes86
    Goal for February 28th: 194 (but anything under 200 would be great)
    February 1st (starting weight): 204
    February 8th: 202
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement Amberlin! How exciting! That will be motivation for sure! :bigsmile:

Congratulations Mollie1037!!! Seeing new numbers can be SO thrilling!!!!! :happy:

I am planning on starting back up on the 30 day shred soon, then after that dh (fit and lean no matter what!) and I are going to do P90x together. We have five kiddos, so I am guessing it will take us longer than 90 days to complete it though! :wink: Right now we are doing C25K together. Because of that I decided to keep doing week one challenge along with week two and my normal workout. I am feeling blah this week, therefore I have less motivation. I am guessing the 20 inches of snow that we got last week and the about six so far that we have gotten this week have something to do with that. :noway:

BUT, I am staying the course!!!! I refuse to give up! I keep bouncing up and down from 174.5-180 and I WILL break through that barrier this week!
  • TanicaShante
    TanicaShante Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    We can do this.

Screen name: TanicaShante
    Goal for February 28th:
    February 1st (starting weight): 194
    February 8th: 194
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • delllis06
    delllis06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sorry missed yesterday weigh in been sick with the flu.
    weighed in this morning at 180.5
    just got the px90 in the mail but haven't been able to start it since I've been so sick hope to start it tomorrow.
    Screen name: delllis06
    Goal for February 28th: 170
    February 1st: 180.6 (starting this month)
    February 8th: 180.5
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Options
    Congrats Amberlin on your engagement! I bet that will be great encouragement to work hard!

Also congrats Mollie1037 on breaking into new territory! That must be really exciting for you to have reached that milestone. Keep up the good work!

For some reason today I woke up feeling super motivated. I guess because it's a new week and a fresh start. It's also motivating to hear all of your stories of success and encourages me to work towards my goals. I did the challenge of an extra mile today and felt great. Yesterday I took a walk for my mile, I'm not sure if it was a whole mile or not, but it was something. I'm also going to try to keep doing last weeks challenge, that little bit of extra push every day was exactly what I needed to help with toning.
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: Amberlin
    Goal weight for February: 168
    February 1: 176
    February 9th: 172
    February 14th:
    February 21st:
    February 28th:

Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

Down lbs! Hooray!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Screen Name: Amberlin
    Goal weight for February: 168
    February 1: 176
    February 9th: 172
    February 14th:
    February 21st:
    February 28th:

Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

Down lbs! Hooray!

Congrats on 4 pounds Amberlin!! See you did better than you thought!! Happy dance!! YAY! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Congrats Amberlin on your engagement! I bet that will be great encouragement to work hard!

Also congrats Mollie1037 on breaking into new territory! That must be really exciting for you to have reached that milestone. Keep up the good work!

For some reason today I woke up feeling super motivated. I guess because it's a new week and a fresh start. It's also motivating to hear all of your stories of success and encourages me to work towards my goals. I did the challenge of an extra mile today and felt great. Yesterday I took a walk for my mile, I'm not sure if it was a whole mile or not, but it was something. I'm also going to try to keep doing last weeks challenge, that little bit of extra push every day was exactly what I needed to help with toning.

Thanks and good job on extra miles for challenge!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Well done you really have a great attitude & it is inspiring. I'm trying to regain the motivation to keep going but it sure is hard. Sometimes its easier to give in but then I think how hard I have to work to shift those pounds its keeping me on the straight and narrow. I'm a firm believer that if I don't lose weight I at least have to maintain but unfortunately I've been maintaining for the last 3/4wks so now its time to push myself harder - without overdoing it :smile:

Thanks Jam3114!!!

Just remember that success is never giving up. Maintaining is good and means you are doing something right. So now you are tired of maintaining and know how, you also know what to do to lose too. You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement Amberlin! How exciting! That will be motivation for sure! :bigsmile:

Congratulations Mollie1037!!! Seeing new numbers can be SO thrilling!!!!! :happy:

I am planning on starting back up on the 30 day shred soon, then after that dh (fit and lean no matter what!) and I are going to do P90x together. We have five kiddos, so I am guessing it will take us longer than 90 days to complete it though! :wink: Right now we are doing C25K together. Because of that I decided to keep doing week one challenge along with week two and my normal workout. I am feeling blah this week, therefore I have less motivation. I am guessing the 20 inches of snow that we got last week and the about six so far that we have gotten this week have something to do with that. :noway:

BUT, I am staying the course!!!! I refuse to give up! I keep bouncing up and down from 174.5-180 and I WILL break through that barrier this week!

Thanks Bri!!!

I know all about yo-yoing. I need to write a book on it actually. Just never give up and it will click with you soon. :drinker: It did with me and being accountable is helping me stay the course. You can break the bank this week!! Just do it! Starting today!
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 days late, but I'd like to join in, if that's ok.
    I'm doing a biggest loser competition at work as well, but I'm going to use my home scale over the one at work.

My stats:

Goal for February 28th: 158
    February 1st (starting weight): 168
    February 8th: 164.8
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So this week has started off so slow for me. I missed the gym twice this week as Monday we were at a Leafs game in Toronto and yesterday my best friend from high school came to visit. I haven't gotten a chance to weigh in but am heading to the gym this morning and will report back asap. On the upside, I got engaged on Monday night! So if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is. I am committed to getting in the extra 7 miles this week plus 3 more gym work outs and do something active while we are at the in laws on the week( run the stairs maybe) I am determined to get back on track!!

Huge congrats on the engagement!!! x
  • 2Young4This
    Options

I do weigh most days but I only count it on my 2 weigh in days this month which is Tuesday and Friday!!

This challenge and group has really helped to keep me focused on my goals. The accountability is so motivating. The chart is even more helpful since I am a numbers girl too!! So thanks and hugs to all of you!!!:drinker: :heart:

Happy hump day all!!!:flowerforyou:

You go girl! Hello 340s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    I swear--it's just never gonna work for me. I took a peek at the scale this morning, hoping that I'd see a change. And I sure did--up 2 lbs! How is that even possible in one day?

So discouraging.

I'm HOPING that it's just PMS cause boy, I'm a pissy today. But still...so frustrating.
  • 2Young4This
    Options
    Well the table is ready....
    Please note that as the week was closed last week you will only be on the table if you were on it last week. Please mail me if your figures were wrong.
    This week is our week.

February2011GroupWeighin.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I swear--it's just never gonna work for me. I took a peek at the scale this morning, hoping that I'd see a change. And I sure did--up 2 lbs! How is that even possible in one day?

So discouraging.

I'm HOPING that it's just PMS cause boy, I'm a pissy today. But still...so frustrating.

When TOM is in town for me I can gain as much as 5 pounds and as long as I keep eating right and exercise I will lose the gain and extra. Hang in there. For me when I see the scale doing this and I know TOM is in town I stay away from the scale until TOM leaves.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well the table is ready....
    Please note that as the week was closed last week you will only be on the table if you were on it last week. Please mail me if your figures were wrong.
    This week is our week.

February2011GroupWeighin.jpg
    Thanks 2Young4This for the chart and leading the group!!:flowerforyou: We appreciate your efforts & hard work!! :drinker:
    Congrats everyone who weighed in!! Be patient with yourself if you gained! Awesome job for the losers!! and good job to the maintainers! You had to do something right to maintain. We can do this!! :flowerforyou:

Have a good week everyone!! Remember be positive, be persistent, and be patient!!