Lose 10 pounds in February? You bet we can!!!!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    A great piece from Tyler over at 344pounds.com just after he pigged out for superbowl sunday, that I thought I would share:

"One meal doesn’t derail a weight loss journey and neither does a Super Bowl. You don’t want to look for excuses to pig out and to eat whatever you want, but again, this is a lifestyle, not a diet. The free birthday cake at your office for the co-worker you’ve never liked isn’t an excuse to pig out, but the Super Bowl can be, if you’d like. So can the 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and out on the lake on Memorial Day.

There are over 52 weeks in a year and Super Bowl Sunday is one day out of those 52 weeks. Even if you stop counting calories on every post office holiday throughout the year (what I mentioned above, plus some), plus 30 more random days (a whole month!) throughout the year, you’d be “cheating” 41 days a year.

That still means by any standards you’d be eating and living “well,” healthy, whatever you want to call it, most of the time — about 325 days a year. If you could manage to do this, you’d slowly lose weight and improve your health. And, if you could manage to count our calories even more days, you’d lose even more weight.

Unfortunately, most people don’t try to be healthy 325 days. Instead, we all try to make a commitment to be healthy and lose weight 365 days a year by being perfect boys and girls with our grilled chicken and salads, then when the Super Bowl comes around we think we failed when we have some hot wings.

Super Bowl Sunday isn’t a failure. It’s just the first day out of 41. Just make sure that you don’t make today day number two and you’ll be just fine."
  • bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Options
    A great piece from Tyler over at 344pounds.com just after he pigged out for superbowl sunday, that I thought I would share:

"One meal doesn’t derail a weight loss journey and neither does a Super Bowl. You don’t want to look for excuses to pig out and to eat whatever you want, but again, this is a lifestyle, not a diet. The free birthday cake at your office for the co-worker you’ve never liked isn’t an excuse to pig out, but the Super Bowl can be, if you’d like. So can the 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and out on the lake on Memorial Day.

There are over 52 weeks in a year and Super Bowl Sunday is one day out of those 52 weeks. Even if you stop counting calories on every post office holiday throughout the year (what I mentioned above, plus some), plus 30 more random days (a whole month!) throughout the year, you’d be “cheating” 41 days a year.

That still means by any standards you’d be eating and living “well,” healthy, whatever you want to call it, most of the time — about 325 days a year. If you could manage to do this, you’d slowly lose weight and improve your health. And, if you could manage to count our calories even more days, you’d lose even more weight.

Unfortunately, most people don’t try to be healthy 325 days. Instead, we all try to make a commitment to be healthy and lose weight 365 days a year by being perfect boys and girls with our grilled chicken and salads, then when the Super Bowl comes around we think we failed when we have some hot wings.

Super Bowl Sunday isn’t a failure. It’s just the first day out of 41. Just make sure that you don’t make today day number two and you’ll be just fine."

Thanks for sharing Mollie1037! That guy has a very positive way of looking at things. We can't be perfect every day. We aren't doing this for temporary loss, we're changing our lifestyles for the long term and have to be realistic.

So far this challenge I'm only down 1.7 pounds which I'm finding a little disheartening. I'm just trying to remind myself to be patient and that I can't expect results overnight. My new personal goal is to double that by the end of February... so 1.7 more pounds in the next 11 days. That's no where near where I wanted to be at the end of the month, but at least it's an improvement over where I was at the start and that's all I can really ask of myself.
  • bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Options
    Oh, and I've done the 100 crunches everyday and I've been doing a lot of walking this week towards the steps. So far I've been doing pretty good this week with calories. Unfortunately, the weekend is almost here and this is always the hardest time of the week for me. Hopefully I can keep it up this weekend.

Keep up the good work everyone! I'm really impressed with all the weight loss that many of you have had so far this month! :happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Thanks for sharing Mollie1037! That guy has a very positive way of looking at things. We can't be perfect every day. We aren't doing this for temporary loss, we're changing our lifestyles for the long term and have to be realistic.

So far this challenge I'm only down 1.7 pounds which I'm finding a little disheartening. I'm just trying to remind myself to be patient and that I can't expect results overnight. My new personal goal is to double that by the end of February... so 1.7 more pounds in the next 11 days. That's no where near where I wanted to be at the end of the month, but at least it's an improvement over where I was at the start and that's all I can really ask of myself.

Bri293,
    That sounds like a good goal! Keep up the good work and awesome job on the crunches!

I too took out my pedometor. Today I went up 2 flights of stairs just to get a feel for it and I did not have to stop but one time. I will keep going up 2 flights of stairs at least once or twice a day if not more when I am at work.
  • LSmith2011
    Options
    Screen name: Lsmith2011
    Goal for February 28th:240
    February 1st (starting weight): 251.2
    February 8th:251
    February 15th:250
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • LSmith2011
    Options
    Ok fellow losers, the moment of truth...
    THE TABLE!!!

February2011GroupWeighin-1.jpg

WE HAVE A NET LOSS OF 108 POUNDS!!! KEEP GOING ON THIS - 11 DAYS TO MAKE A CHANGE!

Please note, if you weren't on the original table then you won't be on it now - sorry guys.

If I have got any of the info wrong please MAIL me.

2Y4T x

I am sad bc i started it and i am not on the table.....I post my starting weight on the 1st!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Ok fellow losers, the moment of truth...
    THE TABLE!!!

WE HAVE A NET LOSS OF 108 POUNDS!!! KEEP GOING ON THIS - 11 DAYS TO MAKE A CHANGE!

Please note, if you weren't on the original table then you won't be on it now - sorry guys.

If I have got any of the info wrong please MAIL me.

2Y4T x

I am sad bc i started it and i am not on the table.....I post my starting weight on the 1st!

Hello LSmith2011,
    Good job on losing weight! I am not sure but I think if you miss 1 or 2 weigh ins you are not on the list or you are removed from the list. The leader will let you know tomorrow but that may be the reason you are not on it. Keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou:
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Screen name: Lsmith2011
    Goal for February 28th:240
    February 1st (starting weight): 251.2
    February 8th:251
    February 15th:250
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

Hey Lsmith2011 don't worry, I'll put you on next week's chart! x
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Hey ya'all.

Haven't done any of the challenge this week...gotta get my butt moving.

But yesterday in my workout program, we did these oblique plank moves where you are in low plank and bring your leg up to your shoulder. Oh my goodness. I can barely bend! I NEVER feel my obliques, but definitely worked them hard yesterday. :)

we did a lot, but I'm not gonna count it for the challenge, as I want the challenge to be ON TOP of what I already do.

Now just to find the motivation today to workout. ;) My 2 year old woke up at 10 last night and didn't sleep again until 3. so I'm exhausted. :(
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'all.

Haven't done any of the challenge this week...gotta get my butt moving.

But yesterday in my workout program, we did these oblique plank moves where you are in low plank and bring your leg up to your shoulder. Oh my goodness. I can barely bend! I NEVER feel my obliques, but definitely worked them hard yesterday. :)

we did a lot, but I'm not gonna count it for the challenge, as I want the challenge to be ON TOP of what I already do.

Now just to find the motivation today to workout. ;) My 2 year old woke up at 10 last night and didn't sleep again until 3. so I'm exhausted. :(
    Brenda, how I remember those days...almost miss my babies being babies :cry:
    You gotta be exhausted and I bet you wouldn't guess but, I was just about to count the BodyPump crunches as part of my challenge until I read your post! You're keeping it real and I hope you can find the motivation to get in a good half hour (or more) workout in today :wink: Dance around the room even...

Those oblique planks sound amazing...WTG working it:happy: Just think, it only takes 5 minutes to complete 200 -300 crunches... ¡fácil! :tongue:

You're right where I need to be on the scale, so we're here looking to you...too :flowerforyou:
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. :)

I did get the workout in. 55 minutes worth. Now to go switch over the laundry, and then I'll be back for those crunches. Gotta do 250 each day from here on out to get that 1000! Yikes. :)

On top of that, I think I have a stomach bug. It's been hurting and other stuff since yesterday. Thought it was just cramps, but this is different.

Trying to force the food in.
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

How are you getting on this weekend? I have done the crunches everyday this week and I ordered my pedometer for next weeks challenge... has everyone dug one out?

I started on the 30 day shred today (again - after doing it for 4 days and dropping out). Anyone fancy starting ti today and working together (in the virtual world)?

2Y4T x
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hey everyone,

How are you getting on this weekend? I have done the crunches everyday this week and I ordered my pedometer for next weeks challenge... has everyone dug one out?

I started on the 30 day shred today (again - after doing it for 4 days and dropping out). Anyone fancy starting ti today and working together (in the virtual world)?

2Y4T x

I pulled my pedometer out and wore it one day also. I probably will not get the 10K each day but I will shoot for 3 to 4 days. With the weather and not being able to walk outside that will be impossible for me everyday. I may not be able to reach it any days. But I will do the best I can anyways. Just wearing one makes me move more.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I gotta pedometer somewhere,two more days to look.! Bought a new scale yesterday, since my other one was doing weird things.:grumble: Looking forward to the weigh in on Tuesday. Good luck everyone, we are almost to the end of the challenge!:tongue:
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Don't have a pedometer. ;( But I'll just try and move more next week I guess! :)
  • MEMoggridge
    MEMoggridge Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Managed to get in 500 crunches so far!!! Think I broke my stomach muscles lol!!! However it does make me feel like my stomach is a bit flatter so thanks for that!!!
    Not sure I will get the other 500 done before Tues!!:ohwell:
    Will be trying to locate my pedometer for the next challenge!!
    Lets up the ante for the final week!!! Good luck all!!!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Thx to Brenda, I've almost doubled my crunches for the week, thus far. I take a core class 3 x wk and it's half hour of solid crunches at various angles, but I made certain to plug in an additional 100 before or after my workouts :tongue:

As I mentioned previously, I wear a pedometer almost everyday. It's a real motivator for me :love:
    A cheap $5 model from Wal-Mart & it changed my daily output :happy:

I hadn't done crunches for a couple of years after I hurt my back, and I would have never realized how much easier they are 20lb lighter!! I may just have to continue with this challenge on a personal level :wink:

2 more days & the scale is acting awfully friendly :flowerforyou:
    mj
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    hooah_mj--I'm glad you've gotten them in! I STILL haven't. After being sick for 2 days, and then ending up visiting my parents over the weekend, I've done NONE! I'll try and squeeze at least some in tonight though!

Today was my "rest" day. From being sick, I've totally lost my appetite. I have to force myself to eat! And then not being home, it's been hard to pick my own food. oh well, we shall see what tuesday brings. ;)
  • us05
    us05 Posts: 54
    Options
    Well... I blitz the 5 pounds in Feb thread,

I weighed 92.4kgs on 31/01
    I then weighed 89.3kgs on 20/02

Which is a loss of 6.8 pounds..... would like to make it 10 by the end of the month... to make it even more challenging, I am going camping (in a caravan park) for the weekend - from Fri night to Sunday night.... lets see how that travells!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW ON THIS POST TO GET TO PART 2 OF THE CHALLENGE:flowerforyou: See you on PART 2.:flowerforyou:

BTW MJ,
    I love my $5 pedomentor from Walmart also! I was buying the $15 ones and I kept losing them, so I finally went to the cheaper one and I have kept it a while and it stays on better than the more expensive on!:happy: Go figure!