Twi-Hards Challenge Week 1 - Week 4

Options
Hey, everyone! ANYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN; JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE :)

Welcome to the Twi-Hards Challenge! This challenge will start tomorrow (Feb 1) and end November 21st. I checked the calendar and figured out how I can set this up. I'm pretty sure Breaking Dawn Part 1 will be out in theathers on November 18 (correct me if I'm wrong). So that means there is 42 weeks until that date (add on a few days for a complete week; it's actulaly about 41 1/2 weeks). That'll be 10 months.

I figured that I could put each month in a different topic since there's not that many of us yet, so we'll use this topic page until March. So, this one is entitled Twi-Hards Challenge Week 1 - Week 4. I'll add the new challenges each week on here, up to the forth one and then I'll start the new post.

Week 1 will be over on February 7th. Weigh-ins will be on either the last day of the week's challenge, or on the day of the new one - whichever you prefer.

I have an 'assignment' for you guys, too. Could everyone please send me a challenge they'd like to do? (nutritional and exercise). I've only gotten three weeks worth of ideas and more would be great. And then you guys will also get to contribute what things you'd like to do.

Should we introduce ourselves?
Username:
Current Weight:
Goal Weight (November 18):

I'll post the challenge next.

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 CHALLENGE (February 1 - February 7)

1. Do an hour's worth of cardio this week 0/60 minutes
    2. Cut out one bad drink EVERY DAY 0/7

I figured we'd start out pretty easy this week. The hour doesn't have to be done all at once, and the 'bad drinks' are things like alcohol, coffee, soda, (something you think you drink too much of.

I'm going to send everyone a "reference number". So when you log your progress on this topic, put your reference number, so I can keep track of everyone better.

FORGOT SOMETHING!: It would be great if you would post what you did every time you post your results. (ie walked for an hour. didn't have a coffee today)
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    FaeFae
    CW: 219.4
    GW by November 18: 160

One of the challenges for a week could be to cut your recommended salt in half. Try and not go over half of the recommendation for a whole week.

Another one could be to drink half of your body weight in oz everyday. For example I have to drink 4 litres of water.

another lol could be to consume more than 30 of Fiber.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Username: chickadee2010
    Current Weight: 149
    Goal Weight (November 18): 120
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Username: RiverWild
    Current Weight: 158
    Goal Weight (11/18): 130
    Reference #8
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Lisa Carter
    Username: Liscar
  • liscar
    Options
    Lisa Carter
    Username: Liscar
    CW 152
    GW 128
    Reference #6
  • tracyL88
    Options
    tracyl88
    CW:254
    GW by nov 18th: 155
    reference number 3 :)
  • kristenm214
    kristenm214 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Username: kristenm214
    Current Weight: 145
    Goal Weight (November 18): 125
    Reference #: 7
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Username: savannahgur (Jessica)
    Current Weight: 152
    Goal Weight (November 18): 132-135
    Reference # - 2
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    # 1 results for 02/01/11

2. Cut out one bad drink EVERY DAY 1/7

I won't be able to do the cardio until later on this week, since I'm also doing cardio for another challenge. I'm good on the drinks because I rarely drink anything but water. Good luck everyone!
  • savannahgur
    Options
    # 2 results for 02/01/11

1. Only did like 30 minutes total of cardio yesterday..yikes, I'll do more today (2 feb)
    2. I only drink water so I'm good for drinks :)
  • tracyL88
    Options
    i did 15 mins of cardio yesterday and im having a hard time motivating myself to do anymore! :( but im trying my damndest! and as for drinks the only bad thing i drink is nonfat white mocha from starbucks so i guess ill cut those out :)

• savannahgur
    Options
    i did 15 mins of cardio yesterday and im having a hard time motivating myself to do anymore! :( but im trying my damndest! and as for drinks the only bad thing i drink is nonfat white mocha from starbucks so i guess ill cut those out :)

Go for a brisk walk OR you can tidy up your house but put some back into it and make it count :) also pushups and situps can count as Calestenics (sp?)..just get it in when you can :) YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • liscar
    Options
    yesterday I swam laps/drills for an hour and had only one cup of coffee instead of two :)
  • ilikeredlipstick
    Options
    Username: ilikeredlipstick
    Current Weight: 184
    Goal Weight (November 18): 150
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Username: RiverWild
    Current Weight: 158
    Goal Weight (11/18): 130
    Reference #8

I've gotten 60 minutes of cardio between Monday and Tuesday. None today so far - I'll try tonight. I've cut out my favorite cup of chai tea and swapped it for good old water with lemon instead.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    # 1 results for 02/02/11

2. Cut out one bad drink EVERY DAY 2/7

It looks like every one is doing an AWESOME job! Keep it up!
  • savannahgur
    Options
    # 2 results for 02/02/2011

2. Cut out one bad drink EVERY DAY 2/7

Well, I am having ahard time doing an hour's worth of cardio..I just get so pooped after 30...I will try harder today I also get my P90X dvd's today so maybe I can do those at home :)

Still drinking lots of water :) gotts stay away from the bad stuff...although yesterday I did have a diet coke :-/
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    Username: Kristy1214
    Current Weight: 139
    Goal Weight (11/18): 120
    Reference #4

Ok, I do an hours worth of working out every day with P90X. I really like it so far (I started it 2 weeks ago)
    I'm not really a "bad" drinker. I don't drink Pop (well, it's pretty rare) I guess my guilty pleasure is hot chocolate, and I try to limit that to once a week! :)
  • liscar
    Options
    yesterday I walk/jogged for 83 minutes and again, only ONE cup of coffee. I also tried a Turbo B-12 shot from the doctor......I was afraid it would make me jettery but it didn't
    I noticed my heart rate was lower than normal, which has been a struggle for me AND I slept like a rock, first time in a long time! My head hit the pillow and I swear my alarm went off immediately. Awesome!