WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY

Options

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    @Barb (and others dealing with the big Ticker Dilemma) - When I was losing, I would adjust my ticker every Monday. But after a while I got tired of adjusting it up or down 1 or 2 pounds as I stabilized. So then I decided to only adjust it when I went out of my range. Except then when I did I would tell myself, it's just temporary so I'll wait and next week I'll be back in my range. That worked for a while but then I got to the point where it wasn't temporary and then I'd have to decide whether to admit it on my ticker or not.

I think it was better when I adjusted it every Monday no matter what. I'm going to try doing that again. Who's with me? :flowerforyou:

Jan. Goals: I did okay! I did get my water and protein in most days. Did better on the water than the protein but my average for the month 139 g a day. My calf injury is almost 100% too. I did the worst on the sleep. But I am back on a good trend now so I guess that's good.

Feb Goals: I am tired of having the same goals every month so I decided to mix them up:

Be able to run 3 miles without walking
    Get 7.5 hours a sleep a night
    Exercise 5 days a week
    Get net calories down to around 1550
    Find a new job
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FEBRUARY, DEAR LADIES!!! Let's make this a lovely month and be kind to ourselves, shall we?

Rebel: So good to see you again!

THis is mainly a "bump" for later...I'll change my "goals" for Feb. once I've given them some more thought. Take care all, Kackie:heart:

(LOVE all the fancy graphics some of you are using....I am still using the old smileys!!!:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: )
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    home safe and sound. no time to download meagar pix of the wedding yet. (long story) hope to get a disc of all the photos that the professonal took. he was awesome. catch up later. :wink:
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot. No energy today, which is way unusual for me. I have been doing a lot of yard work lately and am taking a break today.

Jan was a so-so month for me. As far as I can tell, without using the good scale at the gym, I have neither gained or lost. It's way past time to get back to losing. Hoping to get some good news about the gym reopening soon. I am just not willing to sign a years contract in a town twice as far away. I'll wait until this is resolved one way or the other.

Tomorrow I will fix my Feb goals.

I am not getting sick, I am not getting sick, I am not getting sick. At least I got a flu shot....

Faye
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    To Nyll54. I have Jorge Cruz's 1 book about eating 5 or 6 small meals a day. Has some merit. But like everything else you have to stick to it and plan out your mini-meals and snacks. He has some good exercises you can do anywhere without gym equipment.
    The book I have is called The 3-hour Diet. Concept is that you eat every 3 hours so you never get hungry. I followed it when I was on vacation at my mother's place in Florida last year and lost 6 pounds in 10 days. But when I got home I got too busy with work to make myself follow it.
    He has on the go cards for when you can't eat home. Here is a sample day for on the go days.

Breakfast - MacDonald Egg McMuffin (add 1 cup of 1 milk and 1 piece of fruit.
    Snack - 1 Nature Valley Granola Bar
    Lunch: Amy's Spinach Feta in a Pocket sandwich (add a large iceburg salada with 1 sliced tomato, 1 cupy of assorted bell pepper slices, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of low fat or non-fat drssing)
    Snack - Cereal Trail Mix
    Dinner - Slow cooker Turkey Breast (recipe provided)
    Treat - 7 Jelly beans.

Sounds pretty good doesn't it. Not really like a diet.

smwert
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Glad you are back safe, Robin.:smile:

To all the rest, it's good to see everyone checking in..
    Stay safe in the snow and ice so many are having. Hope no one's electric goes out for long. Hope you are prepared with flashlights and some kind of heat.

I came back to report on Jeannie Cannon. To those who watched yesterday she wanted me to report that she wasn't allowed to mention Curves or MFP on the show. However, she wanted me to stress that she told everyone backstage about her MFP Family and all the support on here. She thanks everyone who watched and supported her.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: For those who didn't see the post. A friend of mine, Jeannie Cannon, has lost 174+ and was on Racheal Ray's show, where between 4 people on that show, they lost a total of 700 lbs.

Take care:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • smwert
    Options
    Tue 02/01/11 03:36 PMTo Nyll54. I have Jorge Cruz's 1 book about eating 5 or 6 small meals a day. Has some merit. But like everything else you have to stick to it and plan out your mini-meals and snacks. He has some good exercises you can do anywhere without gym equipment.
    The book I have is called The 3-hour Diet. Concept is that you eat every 3 hours so you never get hungry. I followed it when I was on vacation at my mother's place in Florida last year and lost 6 pounds in 10 days. But when I got home I got too busy with work to make myself follow it.
    He has on the go cards for when you can't eat home. Here is a sample day for on the go days.

Breakfast - MacDonald Egg McMuffin (add 1 cup of 1 milk and 1 piece of fruit.
    Snack - 1 Nature Valley Granola Bar
    Lunch: Amy's Spinach Feta in a Pocket sandwich (add a large iceburg salada with 1 sliced tomato, 1 cupy of assorted bell pepper slices, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of low fat or non-fat drssing)
    Snack - Cereal Trail Mix
    Dinner - Slow cooker Turkey Breast (recipe provided)
    Treat - 7 Jelly beans.

Sounds pretty good doesn't it. Not really like a diet.
  • lyn54
    Options
    Wow smwert...that's interesting. Thanks for providing his full name. I haven't been back on the site to see what it was. It was all very interesting and inspiring.

Thanks,:smile::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lyn54
    Options
    One other thing, has anyone else noticed the site "acting" weird today. One time a message came up that the site was closed for maintenance. Other times, it's very slow to post a reply or posts it twice...wondered if it was my karma, today.:tongue::noway: :laugh:
  • smwert
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,
    I am determined to do this again and keep it away this time. I read my Carb Lovers Book and it is basically what I was doing when I lost all my weight. I went to grocery store this morning and stocked up on what I needed. I am so fortunate to be able to affored it. $96 dollars and not even real meals, just basics to have around. The baby has been sick and is needy today but will try to walk on treadmill later. I too am guilty of thinking I need to do a large time frame of exercise or none at all. That too will change. I forgot to weigh this morning. Tomorrow I will weigh and measure and change my ticker. I went window shopping in Dallas this past weekend. It was so dissappointing that nothing fit in the size I was willing to buy. I can still remember the great feeling of clothes fitting and looking good. I am going to stop for a moment to give myself a good swift kick in butt. But I am not going to dwell on mistakes just go forward with doing it again. Thanks to all of you for your help and support. Have already logged my meals and am doing very well.
    Have a good day.

I have the Carb Lovers Book took. I love all the food in it. I followed it religoiusly the first 7 days and lost 4 pounds. Then I went on to the next 21 days and did not lose. I am going to start back on the 7 day plan to see if htat helps. Although I also had a card party all day on Saturday and I overindulged - so I have myself to blame

smwert
    Vicki M.
  • smwert
    Options
    It is acting weird. It put my response to the quote at the bottom of the quote but still in blue.
    perhaps I am the one at fault.
    smwert
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Robin!!

It appears I am not the only one who fell into less healthy habits during the holidays. What is that about misery loving company.....??

I started the new month by logging all my food for today before going to bed last evening. So far, I have followed my log and I am not dying of hunger. I just need to get out and get some walking in before the day is over. The sun is out today, but we have an east wind that always br-r-r-r-r-r-rings COLD to us from the Columbia Gorge, so I have been putting it off. Maybe I will end up on the Gazelle instead.

MacMadame, I always kept my ticker up-to-date, but I just couldn't bring myself to adjust it upward immediately. After a month, it became clear that my problem was no longer "temporary." I found it easier to keep track of things when I am working with more accurate numbers, so I made the needed adjustment. I think your analysis of what works with weigh in data makes sense

Amanda, Congrats on keeping on track, despite your busy life. You will have to post a pic of you in your new dress. Sounds lovely.

Need to get on w/my day, so BFN

Barb
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    It is acting weird. It put my response to the quote at the bottom of the quote but still in blue.
    perhaps I am the one at fault.
    smwert

Vicki, I used the "quote" window to review your prior post, and I found that you had posted your response ABOVE the final "quote" coding, so it looked like this:

"smwert
    Vicki M.
    {/quote]
    [/quote}"

That is why your response appears as quoted text. No biggie, happens to all of us at times.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just a quick February hello!

I am always glad to say good-by to January. The days are getting noticeably longer. Now we just need to get to some warmer temperatures, and a bit less snow. We a supposedly in for a big storm tonight. but we can always hope that the predictions are wrong.

January went fairly well in the weight and exercise department. I had to work extra hard to get off the extra few pounds from the holidays. For February, I would like to set my goal to lose 5 lbs. Many weeks go by and I only lose a fraction of a pound, so 5lbs could be tough, but I will strive for it.

Time for dinner, so I will catch up with the rest later!

Happy February!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hello 50+ Feb Ladies :happy:

I'd love to join your group and find some new inspiration and find my way back from all the holiday eats! Esp w/Super Bowl Sunday just around the corner, I really need to keep myself from losing track of where I want to be at month's end.

I'll read back and try figure out what all you're about...for now, it's a brand new month in a brand new year :happy: & I looking for a brand new lifestyle :tongue:

Thanks,
    mj
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Welcome MJ it will be so nice to see you cheery face here! You can't be fifty!:drinker:
  • lyn54
    Options
    Welcome, MJ...you are like my sister...you just don't look fifty!!!:noway:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    AliceLMS Welcome MJ it will be so nice to see you cheery face here! You can't be fifty!:drinker:
    Nyll54 Welcome, MJ...you are like my sister...you just don't look fifty!!!

Ha ha ha...ya'll are too funny :laugh:
    I feel older than 50!
    & that face comes from the pecan pie I was about to devour this past Thanksgiving! :bigsmile:
    & that's why I'm right here :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Welcome, MJ! We welcome all newcomers - just jump in!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Welcome February! Tomorrow's groundhog day!! :)

Before bowling Vince and I are going to go to CiCi's (pizza place) to grab a bite to eat. Another couple has suggested more than once that we should go out to eat (the bowlers. They suggested that maybe we move the bowling time up (that doesn't work for a couple of people), so we sent out a note saying that we were going to be at CiCi's and anyone who wants to join us is welcome. If it were totally up to me, I would rather eat at home where I have better control of what I'm eating. But you also have to be social, so I'll just compensate.

Went to Mexican Train Dominoes tonight. Someone brought these sandwiches (I think they were made in a store), I took all the bread off and just had the cheese and turkey. There was also mayo on the sandwich. The sandwich was just too too big. Someone brought fresh veges, and you know what I filled my plate with. I made these sausage stuffed shells, each shell is something like 150 calories so I had one. I also drank 2 bottles of water while we were there. I had a REALLY bad game, so I drowned my sorrows in chocolate. Had 2 of the dark chocolate Dove promises. You know something, that seems to have satisfied me. Didn't have any of the desserts.

Did an hour of yoga today and an hour of a workout on the bosu. Tomorrow I'll do an hour of yoga and then the deep water.

One thing I'd like to know is why when I click on "complete entry" it tells me what I will weigh in a certain time frame. How come I'm not at that weight??????

You know, I really liked the way they ate in France. Why can't we do that in the US? All the portions are so large. I stopped at the store today and there was a sample of a cinnamon bun. I did have some but even that sample was much too big. I only ate half of it!

Well, we finally got our Christmas tree down. Still have to put away the decorations.

Vicki - I've noticed that a few times when I tried to log in to MFP, I got a "down for service" message, too.

We're so glad you found us mj! Tell us more about yourself. The other ladies are right -- you don't look anywhere near 50! Did you, maybe, use your daughter's pic?

Well, everyone have a great evening.

Michele