WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY

Options

Replies

• Shayla11
    Shayla11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy February to all!

This is my third week with MFP and I love using the tracker. I lost 6 pounds in January but for one week, the scale has not budged. Weight loss really is slower with age! I will try not to be discouraged.
    I truly believe that the key to sticking with it this time will be the support on this site.

My goals for February are:

Eat lunch at work
    Have lots of food on hand always(no excuses)
    Don't get hungry or bored
    Don't stay angry

Thanks all y'all for your words of wisdom and your honesty!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    chicklet - I had my period last January, didn't have one until this December, had a SMALL one in January. I honestly believe that I got it in December because I was under a lot of stress.

Alice - LOVED your picture....really put a smile on my face.

Well, I did an hour of yoga today and then an hour of deep water. Tomorrow I'm going to try doing some yoga (I really need to try to get flexible) and then a band DVD workout. TSO presale tickets for their tour are going on sale at 10:00 tomorrow. Then, we're supposed to go to a lunch with the Newcomers. We may have to leave early as I'm scheduled for my Reclast infusion at 1:30. From last year, even tho I've been on biphosenates (?sp) and drank water before I went for the infusion, I was SOOOO achey for days afterwards. I'm sure that'll happen again this year.

Tonight Vince and I are going to this local pizza place before we go bowling. Another couple is going to join us. So I'm trying to keep my calories down during the day. I read somewhere that if you have protein for breakfast and protein for lunch, you're much less likely to get hungry. And it works!

Welcome jesusloves! By posting you've joined. Let us know something more about yourself

sveltewisher - thanks for the info about Chinese New Year. It's always intrigued me.

Well, we went out to dinner and met another couple there. I had two slices of their vege pizza, a salad, a glass of water, and for dessert carrots and tomatoes. I think I've been spoiled by the terrific desserts in France, when we got home Vince had some of the Hostess Sweet Sixteen mini donuts (frosted). I was going to have one, but I just put 1/2 of it in my mouth and it felt so funny that I didn't even eat the rest. However, I snacked on a carrot. Weird, but good.

Bowled 3 games tonight. Didn't do too bad on one game, was one pin shy of 100, and really s****ed for the third game. Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since we did any bowling. Still need to postbowl for the games we missed.

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful evening.

Michele
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The sandwich was just too too big.
    Isn't always?! Portions in this country are completely out of control. I personally think this started with restaurants. I don't remember all these jumbo sizes in stores until they were in restaurants first.
    I know I am eating too much due to the cold
    Did you know restaurants keep the temp a bit cooler so we'll eat more? Another thing to hate them for! :laugh:

Actually, I love going out to eat. It's fun to eat things I never get at home, like fish. (Dh won't make it because he doesn't like it.)

I've been going crazy with work and Sat. night at 9:40pm, when I was still there, I finally had enough. I'm not going to go insane trying to meet crazy deadlines any more. It's barely Feb. and we don't ship until Sept! It's all self-imposed too. I just need to estimate better, I think.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Morning Ladies

:smile: We've had a good start to January, page 3 already.

:flowerforyou: Macmadame I'm with you too, I'll weigh in every Monday regardless of up or down. Must admit my weight does go up and down during the month, I seem to sick at a certain weight for ages before my ticker moves in the right direction. I've been between 143 and 145 pounds for months now. I want to be down to 140 pounds by my birthday in March.

:flowerforyou: Alice loved the pic. We've gone back to a cold spell here, although no snow thank goodness.

:flowerforyou: Welcome to all our new ladies Sveltewisher, shayla, Jesusloves, Judz46, Hopeful53 and Oldbat (Pam) Hope I haven't forgotten anyone :smile: Hopeful were abouts in the UK do you hail from? I live in Yorkshire in the lovely City of York.

:smile: Well I've changed my goals ready for Feb. This month I really really really must keep up with exercising. The running club has finished now, although there's an improvers group starting next week. Not sure I'm ready for that yet. I do want to run at least one lunchtime a week though with my friend - she's a good motivator - and a good runner. :bigsmile:

:frown: Time to get a move on, DD is not too well so we haven't walked the doggies yet. I think I'll have to walk Tara on my own, (I can't manage Frankie so he'll have to wait until she's better)

Need to be at work on time today too, Jane is going to be late in, so better get cracking.

Take care everyone

Viv xx
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Bowled 3 games tonight. Didn't do too bad on one game, was one pin shy of 100, and really s****ed for the third game. Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since we did any bowling. Still need to postbowl for the games we missed.

Michele

Don't feel bad. It would be impossible to bowl worse than I have. The first game that I ever bowled, I got a zero. I don't know anyone else who has ever accomplished that. I am somewhat better now - more likely to get about an 80. My personal high is 126, but it was when I went out without permission at 2:00 in the morning with friends in high school, so somehow I have always felt maybe it didn't count. I tell people that I feel that 50 is a respectable score, because that means you got 1/2 of the pins!
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I did okay yesterday but not great. meals were fine but ate a little too much candy. already ate breakfast today and did well. kenneth is home not feeling well so I may get to do some exercise today. Have dentist appt. this morn and not sure what after that. I know it is not as cold here as it is for some of you but I am so cold. I find it hard to do anything. I used to so love the cold weather and now I hate it. I cannot warm up. Hope to post more later. Stay warm and stay healthy. Welcome to newcomers. Love the snowmen picture. so cute. Have a good day.
    vicki M
  • gracefuldreamer
    Options
    I've decided to give myself another chance to make myself top priority when it comes to my health and happiness ~ can't think of a better place to share my achievements and frustrations. I was on this great board too long ago and the support was always there. Somehow, I fell by the wayside and was finally able to pick myself up ... it's good to be back.

Deborah :flowerforyou:
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    In the deep south, they have a handle for all of us who live north of the deep south, that visit. Anne Murray is one of my favorite singers...and I am dedicating these lyrics to Snowbirds! Be happy and Be warm! :D Beneath it's snowy mantle cold and clean, The unborn grass lies waiting for its coat to turn to green. The:flowerforyou: snowbird sings the song he always sings, And speaks to me of flowers that will bloom again in spring. When I was young my heart was young then, too. And anything that it would tell me, that's the thing that I would do. But now I feel such emptiness within, For the thing that I want most in life's the thing that I can't win. Spread your tiny wings and fly away, And take the snow back with you where it came from on that day. The one I love forever is untrue, And if I could you know that I would fly away with you. The breeze along the river seems to say, That he'll only break my heart again should I decide to stay. So, little snowbird, take me with you when you go, To that land of gentle breezes where the peaceful waters flow. Spread your tiny wings and fly away, And take the snow back with you where it came from on that day. The one I love forever is untrue, And if I could you know that I would fly away with you. Yeah, if I could I know that I would fly away with you.

This song reminds of Spring..and ole' man Winter who betrayed us by dumping snow and ice in so many peoples' path.

Enjoy dreaming of Spring :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to All Newcomers:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gracefuldreamer
    Options
    Lynn, that song brings back memories of really happy times for me. I've always enjoyed Anne Murray and she's one of my favorite singers. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

Deborah:flowerforyou:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Just a fly by posting as I'm off to bed before it turns midnight here.

Had a good day foodwise (having a detox whilst DH is off in the States) and an excellent day with exercise. Topped off by a trip to a jazz evening after my aqua fit class with some of the other members.

I've made myself a hot water bottle to make up for no warm husband in bed (I really feel the cold at night).

Hope you all are having a good day and being kind to yourselves .... because you're worth it!

Love

Amanda x
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Accomplished many things plus did "vigorous heavy cleaning" for 2 hours tonight. Burned off those calories plus a partial clean house.=) Tomorrow will be a good day including restaurant eating! Stay warm everyone.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    My beautiful daughter.

thebride.jpg
    Once I get some more pix I will post.
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow boomers! I'm a newbie here and love it. So much positive energy and great ideas in one place. My goal for February is to continue to lose the 10 lbs every 10 years I've managed to accumulate.:sad:
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    Hi to the 50+gals, what a great group. Can I join? January was my first real month, and although I didn't make much progress, I've at least managed to get my eating under control. My goal for February is simply to add exercise - get up and move!! That should get the ticker moving in the right direction.
    Ruth in Seattle
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Robin - Your daughter is truly beautiful!
  • gracefuldreamer
    Options
    Robin - Your daughter is truly beautiful!

Took the words right out of my mouth... simply gorgeous!

Deborah :flowerforyou:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group. I have been doing MFP for about a year and I think this past month I have been sloppy. I need to get moving. I have gotten so many great ideas from this website. I hope I can add to the discussion! My goal for February is to get to the gym when I say I am going (4 -5 times per week) and to limit eating out to 1-2 times a week.
  • lyn54
    Options
    Robin...Your daughter is lovely!:flowerforyou

Welcome, Ruth, Boomer, Jesus Loves (is there another name we can call you), Assandra, Deborah...I probably missed one...there are a lot of you, guys or Ya'll as we say here.:flowerforyou:

Has anyone heard from Assandra....I believe she is the one from the islands near Australia. We have been talking about all of our weather but I believe they have a cyclone the size of Texas???!!! Did I hear and see that right:noway: :noway: :noway:
    I sure hope you are okay!!!

By the way, we are due for more snow this weekend where I am at. I noticed on the 10 day forcast we have 3 more chances in 10 days. Plus a week from today it will be 0 here. BBBRRRRRR:noway:

If it stays like this, I would say after Valentines DAy there will be a new "crop" of babies. It's so cold everyone will be undercover and I don't mean spying:noway: :noway: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am up late for me---can't sleep tonight...it's 2:20 am:yawn:

nite....
  • lyn54
    Options
    ps and welcome Sally:flowerforyou:
  • lyn54
    Options
    one other thought.....has anyone heard from Laura????