WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY

Options

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm trying the voice activated tools on my phone to see if I can post. Obviously it works pretty well-- the biggest problem is making sure that you say what you wanna say. LOL!! 1 thing for sure --talking the post is a lot easier than reading a post on this little screen. Therefore I am going to post this, and I'll have to read everyone's post later on my computer.

Bye

Barb
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Very sad today. Son-in-law's sister lost the other baby.

X
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    So sorry Amanda...for your family and your sister-in- law. What a terrible experience.

Mimi-- I agree about the refined carbs and white stuff. I am trying to get those out of my diet too....along with diet soda. I have found that I feel much better without all of that too.

Barb-- I hope the house sells quickly.

I had a good weigh in today! (and last night at my weight loss challenge class). The "up" time that I was experiencing seems to be done and I am at my "low". I'm finding some crazy weight up and downs with my period (still happening!!) and that makes me a bit crazy. I know I should not be focusing on the number....but I also feel like a bloated whale at different times in my cycle. Just to need keep focused on my food plan and my exercise!
    Thanks for your help this week!
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    So sorry about the other baby. How sad and hard to deal with. In my prayers. Barb I put MFP on hubby's I Pod Touch but never posted on it. Too small and takes too long. Will get smart phone one day. Barbie good luck on house.
    I am on day 10 and still doing well. Will weigh again on Monday but feel great and feel lighter and much better. There is something in the air. My allergies are giving me fits. So glad to be back on the wagon full force. Warmer here this week. I really think that cold weather affects me more than I realized. Guess not used to it. Hope you all have good day. Will check in later. Trying Barbie tactics. I go to MFP before email and facebook to make sure I get it done.
    Vicki M
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good energy and prayers to everyone in the community; especially, Tiarapants.

I am not sure how I worked full time. :laugh: We purchased our 2nd home in Wellfleet, Cape Cod, Massachusetts, last March to live in eventually. However in the interim, we decided to rent the house during the summer. When I was laid off, we also decided to rent the 3rd floor of our brownstone in Brooklyn. Therefore, we are working on 2 houses trying to prepare for rentals on a tight budget. As a side note, we have never rented anything in our life. Wellfleet and Brooklyn are 6 hours apart.
    Yesterday was not my best eating day - We are members of a food coop. In order to be a member, you must work 2 and 3/4 hours per month. (The food is organic and everything wonderful from fruits, vegetables, to meat. The price is 20% above the cost of buying. The Coop is governed democratically -- members are "owners".) Therefore, yesterday I was at the Coop at 6am which started the day with a walk of 1 mile. Afterwards, I shopped for food, Ikea, Home Depot, Lowes, beauty salon for hair color. For breakfast ate a banana & walnuts, Ikea lunch of veggie crepes with lingonberries, home to dinner made by my J of turkey sausages and saurkrat (spl?), 1 chocolate Valentine candy. Yuck!! Anyway, today is another long run around day but I have a network lunch schedule so I will get a salad!!
    Tomorrow we will go to Cape Cod with our car piled to the rim with "stuff:" The house does not have internet access as of yet...but will by the early summer...Anyway, I was so excited that Barb posted through voice activation on her android!! I will try. We will see.
    Life gets better and better!
    Lots of Laughter, Debra
  • debieanne
    Options
    many prayers for your famiy
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Amanda, I'm so sorry. My deepest sympathy to the family.
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Dear Ladies,

I had a terrific Valentines Day with my Honey. :blushing: We will be married 38 years in May. :heart: Yes, I was a baby when I married. We have 2 grown sons, 2 daugters-in-law and 4 grandchldren. I am truly blessed.:smile:

Mary - I hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter. That is wonderful that she is coming.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Tammy- Welcome..I wish you the best of luck. Wow, your thoughts are inspirational! It was an "up lift" to read how you plan to proceed.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Amanda- So So sorry about the babies. Having experienced a loss of a granddaughter, I truly know the feeling.:cry::brokenheart:

Barb-okay, I am impressed with this phone. I have a smart phone..but I just do basics. :flowerforyou:

Robin- the dress you wore was very becoming. I liked the bolero style jacket...I think they add something to that style. I know you are proud of your beautiful daughters. Your daughter looked very lovely.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kackie- good to see you on here. :flowerforyou: I hope you are getting settled. The skiing has probably been good this year ...with all the snow.

Peggy--okay...I'm impressed ...belly dancing...:wink:

Mrs Anderson---2 lbs ...I feel like the scale and I are having a table tennis match...back and forth ..back and forth..We both have to just keep at it...I am not a good loser (pun intended):bigsmile:

IHAGUE--Linda- Bahrain--that sounds very interesting. I am like some of the other ladies...I think you are very brave :flowerforyou: to just "pick up" and move and ocean away to an entirely different culture. I wish you luck there and on here.

Shayla-Don't feel alone.:flowerforyou: ..the snow and ice were "toughies" for a lot of us...there is something about the cold, ice, and snow that makes a person identify with the hibernation of a bear. You want to dig in somewhere with a blanket and eat to keep warm...do you think we might have bear ancestors?

Idi-welcome...jump into the fray...:bigsmile:

Bobbi- Welcome--a suggestion. I was reading what you said about coming home from work. I did this when I worked, it might help you. Have you some water with lemon/lime and drink on the way home. Also if you had a small snack(fruit, nuts )...to eat just before you leave. It's a flashback to coming home from school, starving. If you could have a snack it might keep you from being so hungry ..when you come home.:flowerforyou:

Marilyn-hope the back is better. Have that problem, myself. I hope you continue to improve..PT helped me. I have to go back and do more.:flowerforyou:

Faye- I had no idea about the ferrets. Thanks for info. The whole wheat rolls sound really good.:heart:

Michelle- Dh had and I -pad and I have the slide out...I hate the touch pad on the screen. I, honestly, don't know how dh texts anyone. The ends of his fingers are definetly larger than mine. Lady, is there anything you can't or don't do.:noway: ..Wow! It's amazing just to read what all you do in one week.

Mj- it appears you have "found your stride." Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:

Mimi-Congratulations on the 3 pounds! It's really easy to get dehydrated when you diet and excercise. I am very interested in your new food plan. :flowerforyou:

Vicki-:smile: Your plan sounds interesting too. I would like to ask for the name of the book and author..if you don't mind me asking?

Zuback-welcome....It sounds like you are handling things well.:flowerforyou:

Jesus loves---are you lurking...jump in anytime!:wink:

Sally-good for you ...hope you continue on this journey and do really well. You are wise to ditch the diet sodas. I found when I eliminated the diet sodas, I didn't get as hungry and I didn't have as many headaches. (especially the ones with aspartame)
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:

Kathy-hope you survived your storm?:huh:

Joylaut-with your attitude...sweets had better run..:bigsmile:
    Jeannie-I hope your son does well when he comes home...will be thinking of you.:flowerforyou:

Macmadame :tongue: - I stay behind on the posts and reading...one doesn't always have the time to address each person, either. I enjoy doing it when I can. By the way, I can't remember the last time I felt my hip bones.

Debra-:flowerforyou: glad to see you jump in here. It sounds like you have some busy days ahead..keep us posted and take time for you.

Debianne-good to see your face, again.:flowerforyou:

Susan--where are you?:smile:
    Laura-hope if you are lurking, you know we miss you:flowerforyou: .

Amanda, again, I will be thinking of your family.:brokenheart:

Everyone have a good day with your food!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I went to the high school basketball game last night and had a good time. My other daughter, 2 grandsons, niece and fiance came for part of the time. Tonight it is fellowship dinner and choir/bell choir practices at church. Dinner will be a baked potato bar. I should be able to do okay there if I skip dessert.
    My nephew found this inspiring story online today and posted a link:
    http://www.kansas.com/2011/02/15/1721088/thousands-of-laps-later-100-pounds.html
    Here's to smart choices!
  • vickim26
    Options
    Many of you asked for the name of my plan. I messaged some of you with it. I will just post it for those interested. It is Mike Moreno (author) The 17 Day Diet. if you google it will come up and you can watch video's and see about it. You have to order the book online. Not available in stores. Hope this helps.
    Vicki M
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Amanda – So sorry to hear about the other twin. Mere words just don't suffice.

Vicki M – I feel you on the allergy thing. I made it through cedar this year with no problems but pine is getting me this year. I know oak will be the really bad one for me – and I live under a couple 100+ year old live oaks. Beautiful but oh my the sinus pain. :ohwell: Glad your ticker is moving. That 17 day diet sounds interesting. I have been thinking of doing the primal blue thingy that Mimi is trying. I am still in the research stages.

Mimi – Well done on the 3 pounds!! Can you have any grains on the primal diet? Does it just eliminate white flour? I am interested but I don't want to give up my multi grain breakfast cereal.

Sveltewisher – I have posted using my android as well, when I was in Alaska, but I had some trouble with it picking up the right words. Even with that, it is a lot more convenient than typing it in on that little keyboard. I have fat-finger syndrome with those keypads!

Faye
  • vickim26
    Options
    Faye
    on the 17 day diet you can actually start on phase 3 and have your multigrain cereal. You just wont lose as much weight.
    Went walking with heather and grandkids around neighborhooe. such a beautiful day. Hope it last a while. did about 45 min. watching byron while she takes emma to gymnastics. check in later.
    Vicki M
  • marlouise
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm up and moving much better today. Was in the gym this morning to do some pilates to start my rehab, to a better body. Weather outside is frightful, rain or snow, we don't know. Temperatures are on a bundgee cord. Hope all is well here, I have caught up on some house cleaning and desk work. Tomorrow I will be out for a walk, hopefully it will not be raining. Did a good job at portioning my foods today. I hope tomorrow will be an equal day.

Hope to start chatting again soon, just got to keep a frozen block under me to help reduce the swelling. Not too comfortable to sit long.

Catch you all again, best wishes for everyone's tomorrow.

Marilyn
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Robin - thanks for sharing the pics. You and your daughter are absolutely stunning (and the flowers ain't bad, either)

Went bowling today. Did really s***ey. Not one game did I break 100. I was lucky to break 80! Went to dinner with another couple, they chose this bbq place. I had a salad, minus the cheese and egg, and a grilled chicken tender. She brought a cake into the bowling alley (they do have a sign "no outside food or beverages" so I didn't think she would) I only had a very small piece. In two weeks we're going to go to a Chinese place for dinner.

barbie - mmmm...sweet potato. Now my mouth is watering. Haven't had one in a while.

tears for Amanda

barb - here's crossing my fingers and toes that your house sells

sally - you reminded me of a t-shirt this lady was wearing at the bowling alley tonight. It said "warning! Next mood swing in 5 minutes"

Getting ready to go to FL tomorrow. We're planning to leave around 9 so we should get there around 9 or 10. We'll be back next Friday. I've already downloaded the Titusville Y schedule, there are some classes that I will want to try, some that they've had before. I'm going to try to work out almost every day (except Sat. and Sun -- gotta get to the races. Only I won't go to the Sat. race -- I'll go shopping!)

Already made egg whites for my breakfast tomorrow and just have them in the microwave. Am running the dishwasher right now. Gotta take a shower. Vince was complaining that I was taking too much (hey, I certainly scaled back on the clothes, but I'm taking enough not to have to do laundry and am hoping that I won't have to). Then he tells me that he wants to take his bowling ball. It seems that if he takes his ball to the bowling alley in FL, they can measure it and keep his measurements on file if he ever needs another ball. What he would need another ball for I don't know. I just suggested to him that perhaps next time he'll want to take his bowling ball, not this time since he was quite insistent that we take just his Outlook. I wanted to take my car, too. That's what we did last time when we took the 4 cats with us. This time we'll only have 2.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening!

Michele
  • maffydavison
    maffydavison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in. For this month, I want to log everything - even if I lapse - so that I can get a handle on what triggers the bad behaviors.
    Also, I'm working at a job that ends at the end of the month, so I'm facing a lot of stress with applications and interviews and am determined not to use that as an excuse to binge.

More water, better logging, and hopefully some good weight loss.
  • agewise
    Options
    February Goal, and I'm late to exercise 3 times a week for at least 20 minutes!
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Hello Maffy,
    There are some other people on here -Robin and others, who have been or still are where you are at. Robin has just started back to work. I watched her handle the stress of not working and she has been encouraged and has been victorious.:flowerforyou: There are a lot of people who have been on here a while. They have finanacial problems, family prblems and they share them and still handle the weight issues. I hope you will stay around and get to know all of them (and me):smile:

Good Luck! :smile: :flowerforyou: A lot of ladies:flowerforyou: on here will happily tell about themselves and encourage you.

Logging your food helps a lot.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Amanda, I am so sad for your family at the loss of the other baby.:cry::cry: :cry:

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: I'm trying to keep to my plan of early to bed, early to rise :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

my friend didn't come for our regular walk today so hubby and I had the afternoon to do stuff together.......got 10,000 steps anyway, but not the 20,000 I usually get on Wednesdays with the four and a half mile walk.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: welcome to the new members of our family......never, never, never give up and post everything even if it's embarrassing......that's how I learned to make better choices.

:heart: :heart: :heart: hugs to all of you and thank you for all you've done to encourage me :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

First I want to thank all of you for making me feel welcomed. :flowerforyou: I love reading about all of you and what is going on in your lives. I hope to get to know all of you and your families (that includes pets :happy: )

I have gotten a few emails from some of you with concern about the protest taking place here in Bahrain. Yes it is true, and we are safe, thank you for your concerns. It began on the 13th but increased the 14th, (the Prophet's Birthday) so my husband already had the day off. He has worked one full day and two half days this week (the week begins on Sunday here). We were out when we came upon the largest protest here, the one you see on the television. It was peaceful and we were able to turn around. This is not Anti American. This really boils down to Suni vs. Shia. The ones not out protesting are in support of the King and his parliament. As with any government there are things that need to be changed, but it is nothing like the problems Egypt and Tunisia had. Iran likes to stir the pot here :grumble: that is why Iranian television is banned here. The Shiites are taking advantage of the tension already in the air.

The Interior Police have had clashes, and yes a mother was separated from her two year old, but who brings a two year old. Still sad tho :cry: . There was one man killed early, they gave him a martyr's funeral, which incites rioting, and another man was killed during that. Then the larger protest started. They have camped out for two days, blocking a major road. The Interior Police moved in yesterday using tear gas, rubber bullets to disperse them. Apparently two more were killed.

Our compound is gated with high walls, guards, and cameras. At this point I feel very safe and not afraid. My husbands company has a helicopter on call if things should ever escalate for the need, I do not believe that will happen. The U.S. Fifth Fleet is located here, and the Saudi Army protects Bahrain, I think that's supposed to comfort me. :huh:

Our internet has been in and out of service, but I am trying to keep in touch, this site is truly a blessing and keeps me motivated. Thank goodness our compound has a gym and is literally 46 paces from my door.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Linda :smile:
  • vickim26
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Welcome newcomers. You will love this site if you stick to it. we help and encourage each other. I attribute most of my success to this site. Linda so good to hear from you. As I got up and watched the news I planned to try to find you and send you a message. Be safe and dont take any chances. Post as often as you can so we know you are okay.
    We went to favorite mexican restaurant last night. I had grilled chicken and salad (my usual) instead of the chips since I cannot have them right now I brough a small bag of carrot chips and ate them with the salsa. It was so delicious. I actually brought some salsa home so I could have some again today with my carrots. Pays to try something different. I actually hav ethe recipe for that particular salsa so I am going to have to try it. Day 11 and still doing good. My neice starts second phase today. Heather started yesterday on phase 1. She has stopped nursing so now she can concentrate on her weight. She lost most of it but has to lose her gut. Ladies have a great day. Eat well and move move move
    vicki m