Fit for Future Families - February 2011

Options
Welcome everyone!

This group is being started to lend support and motivation to those who are TTC, or plan to TTC. This group blossomed from another group (Pregnancy - 2010).

Fit For Families is not for pregnant women, I would ask that you join our sister group for like-minded support and motivation (they're really great there!!). http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138358-pregnancy-february-2010

For those who have recently had a little one, there is a post-partum group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/131954-postnatal-group-january-2010?page=3

This group is very goal-oriented (no matter what your goals are) and I hope will be a place for you to come share your story and track your progress.

Check in will be each Monday to keep us accountable over the weekend. Each week we set our own fitness or health goals, and the more suggestions the better!

I love this group!

Welcome one and all!

Link to our last thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/145157-fit-for-future-families-january-2011

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Erica - good call on rescheduling. We're going to get a foot of snow here tomorrow at the office, but only a few inches at home. Working from home tomorrow. Hubbie's off anyway.

Alisa - My family doctor's a little like that. I went to her with bronchitis last year and told her I had burning in my chest when I breathed, she gave me heartburn medications (which I needed anyways) and then was surprised when I came back in full blown asthmatic attack two days later. LOL

Still hurting today....and my throat is worse. Temp was up this morning but I had a horrible night so no surprise - I was fully awake 2 times through the night and then when it was time to get up, I am still not awake yet, let's just say that - I've been up for 2 hours already. I think I'm coming down with something. My asthma's been bad the last few days....maybe it's better that I go to dinner instead of aquafit this week.....LOL
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Official snow day for me. My poor hubby has to drive 25 miles to work. It's not bad yet but by 5 it's supposed to be terrible. Thank goodness for his new Jeep.

Feel better, Pam! I feel like I'm getting bronchitis now even on antibiotics. *sigh*
  • jessi4d
    jessi4d Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No official snow day for me, but I got in early, so I can try to beat the crappy weather this after noon.

Pam- sorry you don't feel well. Rest and lots of warm fluids for you!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Pam – I’m not too sure what kind of U/S it is, I was given a prescription for antibiotics to take the morning of to avoid infection and the doctor suggested I take an Advil before the appointment to avoid cramping. What is it exactly that they do that would be so painful? Or do I not want to know.
    So sorry to hear you might be getting sick, drink lots of liquids (which I’m sure you already do) and rest!

Erica – I hope you won’t be leaving completely, I’ll miss your expertise:smile: February 15th isn’t that far away, and I’m glad you didn’t wait for next month like I did went I hit my one year mark. It may be scary to have to wait for the results, but at least you know what you’re dealing with. Keep us up to date.

Alisa – Being in Canada where we have medicare, most hospital experiences are like that, you’ve got a bunch of hypochondriacs overpopulating an emergency room because they don’t have to pay for the treatment. So Dr.’s end up jaded and assume everyone is overdoing the symptoms. I’m surprised you had that kinda experience in the States, I would’ve flipped out if I had to pay a Dr. and he didn’t even seem have any interest in alleviating my concerns. Kuddos for you for keeping your cool.

Kcurtis – Have you taken a pregnancy test yet? Pam has a point, what if that was implantation bleeding. Either way my fingers are crossed for you, bith for this and for your niece to be back home safely where she belongs!

Heather – Thanks again for the suggestion on the oils I’ll try to find it next grocery run. I made a barley risotto and salmon recipe last night that wasn’t so great but it gave me ideas on other things to do with the barley pearls (that was yummy though).
    My fingers are crossed for you too that you get a BFP this week! I hate the not knowing too, it drives me crazy! Last week I was having pre-AF cramps but of course I was convincing myself they could be implantation cramps (it would have been around the right time for them and was supposed to be too early for AF), anyway I was at the mall and heard a baby cry and my ovaries started to hurt! It’s so weird how we drive ourselves crazy to the point it gives us a physical reaction when we are left to wait for an answer. Stick in there, I hope you get your answer soon.

ASF- I made my appointment and it’s next Tuesday the 8th, so I guess I just wait and see till then.
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Quick post here to save this thread - I'm pretty pumped today because my OPK test was almost a complete positive and CM is a definitie eggwhite! BD tonight! We are getting 8-12 inches today, but I still had to go to work. :sad: Crossing my fingers!!! I am on CD 17, so I hope that is going to be a long enough of a lutenizing phase!

I will try to read through and catch up on posts later this afternoon. Have a great / safe day girls!!! :flowerforyou:
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I can not believe it is already February! Wow...

Congrats on your pos OPK and fertile signs...get to dancing girl!

abeare are you getting an HSG? Sounds like it by the things they are having you do.

jessi I'd rather not have a snow day today....this snow is really getting in the way of my workouts! lol! (I know there are much more serious things in life...but my workouts make the time fly by!)

pam sorry you had a bad night. Hopefully you will feel better throughout the week and be ready for aquafit come Monday! :)

erica glad you got your appt all set up. We are projected to get 16" cause we are a little south east of KC. I'm over winter....what about you? Thanks for the kind words. And really glad for you that you have found your happy weight. That is a success all in its own!

alisa how frustrating! I would definitely make an appt with the doctor. When are you testing again?

kcurtis are you testing? I agree it could have been implantation bleeding!

Well the snow is falling....again and I'm just very negative about the whole thing. (Hormones maybe?! lol) I think it is mainly because working out makes the time fly by faster. I'm testing again tomorrow (CD29). No sign of AF in sight and my exhaustion and sore chest is just getting stronger. I've not gone to crazy town yet with trying to find out so I guess that is a success. I made the appt for Friday to get a blood test/check my progesterone. I actually found a site that had when the best time of the day to test vs how many days past ovulation your are. Gonna use that and not test with my fmu because for whatever reason I never seem to get positives at that time.

I hope you all stay safe in the snow (if that applies to you) and everyone have a wonderful day!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what it is about you ladies! Everytime you get a snow day, I have a nasty fog day!!

Andrea - Get to BD girl! Are you temping too or just OPK? I always do the digital OPK's bc i hate having to interprut the lines!

abear - It's the military hospital so it is very similar. I don't know which is worse, not having a dr give a darn about CLEAR symptoms or having a dr run everysingle test under the sun to make a buck (had a dr like that in the civilian world). Most times i'm pretty happy with the medical care, however...it would have been nice to have some answers

Heather - I'll test again tomorrow for the last time before the hubs leaves, then try to make a Dr. appointment for next week to determine why i have not started a new cycle (tomorrow will be CD60)

Erica - at least you get to stay home even though you are feeling yucky...you could be feeling yucky out in the cold snow!

Pam - thanks for starting a new thread..I actually forgot it WAS february!
  • epa422
    Options
    Heather, I am SO OVER winter. My poor dog took one look outside and decided she would just hold it until it got warm again. :laugh: I hope you stay warm and don't get as much snow as they're predicting. This is just ridiculous.

Thanks, Alisa. I don't feel terrible, just short of breath. I hope you're feeling better or can at least get in to see a different doctor today!

Go, Andrea! Catch that egg!

Abeare it sounds like they are doing a sonohystogram. It's like an HSG except it doesn't check your tubes. They insert saline into your uterus to check for polyps and to make sure your lining is conducive to implantation. The catheter they use can cause some cramping, so that's probably why she suggested advil before the test. I hope it's not too bad!

OK, I just know way too much about all of this stuff. :noway:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I just found this group. I started using MFP for logging food about a month ago, realized it was actually an entire website and then found the social networking part and love it! I'm trying to lose those 5 pounds that have turned to 10 that I am constantly trying to lose. My husband and I are TTC (I am totally new at all these acronyms....) and I'd like to get in good shape before to help with the weight loss after. Only been trying a couple months so we'll see how it goes.

I like the Monday accountability. I tend to be a weekend warrior and not in a great way. :) Food and wine are some of my favorite things, and a big part of this website is accountability and balancing my calories in and out.

-Ashley
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Just posting to get this into my topics. Hang in there everyone and super excited for those of you testing!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome better_balance, I’m happy to see that there’ll be another Ashley in the group:smile:

Ok so here goes my confusion:

So I’ve confirmed that I’m having a Sonohysterogram on Tuesday, I wasn’t too sure what it was called because the Dr. spoke to us in French, but I’ve looked at my papers and according to an online translator a “Hystérosonographie” is a Sonohysterogram.
    But now I’m confused again because Erica mentioned that this doesn’t check the tubes and I’m pretty sure that was why the Dr. recommended it. He said that I could go into a regular hospital (this is at a private clinic, so I do have to pay whereas I wouldn’t at a hospital) to do another exam (that I’m now assuming to be the HSG) that includes dye and x-ray’s my abdomen. He said that this test was more painful and could only check the interior of my uterus whereas the test I’ll be taking with them will show both the interior as well as the exterior (incase of cysts, etc…). Maybe all this was lost in translation! My French is good, but maybe I misunderstood because of the medical jargon that I’m not used to. We’ll see!
  • epa422
    Options
    The HSG is what they use to check tubes. I would just go to WebMD and enter the different tests and see what it says. I may not be 100% on the SHG and what all it does. I know they often do both.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, peeps--welcome to February. Any bets on the Groundhog? I'm just glad all the ice they called for seemed to have held off in our area. Had a clomid check this morning--the OBGYN upped me to 100mg after exclaiming "Well, that first does obviously didn't work." upon seeing my 2.4 progesterone lab result. Told me that with her three kids, her secret was Clomid...and Margaritas. She made me laugh, which was nice. My husband likes the margarita idea--he told me to get the Clomid and he'll get the Margaritas. This is funny because we really don't drink except maybe once in a blue moon. I guess it's going to be a blue moon sort of month. haha....

Eating has been steady, but the needle on the scale just seems to be creeping up. No official weigh-in until Friday, so I'm hoping I can get rid of some of this water weight by then, but it was NOT fun on the Drs scale this morning. Wowzas. Of course that was with clothes and shoes and all. I'm sure I must have been wearing 10 lbs of clothes, right? :tongue: I'll consider it a success if I can stay out of the Nutella I bought today. It was just sitting there in the store, on sale, calling to meeeeee with it's siren song..... :love:
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'll consider it a success if I can stay out of the Nutella I bought today. It was just sitting there in the store, on sale, calling to meeeeee with it's siren song..... :love:

I find the song muffles a bit when it's shoved in the back of the cupboard :)
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    WOW February.... Doesn't it seem like we were just celebrating the new year yesterday!?

Pam ~ Thanks for starting the new thread. I hope you feel better and the bug (if that is causing the sore throat) doesn't stay around long. I happen to like being sore. It is a reminder I did something right. (or maybe wrong :laugh: )

Erica~ Well, we have 12-18 inches of snow coming our way tonight, so pretty much, everything is shut down tomorrow. So my plans include snuggling in bed with my pup (she will be just like yours and not go out. When I go to the door to let her out she drops her head and backs up), do a little housework, and prolly bike a bit. That bug you are battling is a strong one! Bronchitis even on antibiotics?! That's terrible. I'm very sorry and hope you get over it soon. :frown: Also, I'm hoping Feb. 15th comes fast.

Jesse~ I will be leaving work early too. But too bad I have to go to job #2 tonight :frown:

Ashley-abeare~ The 8th is just around the corner! Hope you the best and hope it's not that painful!

Andrea~ Go Go Baby Dancing! XXFINGERSXX

Heather~ the snow hasn't made it here yet, but it's coming! Supposed to get here right when I get out of work tonight...UGH. I can't even leave early or anything because I'm teaching dance and if we cancel anything we have to cancel ALL. XXFingersXX BFP

Alisa~ Sorry about the fog! I love dancing, but with all that is going on around me I don't get to dance for myself much lately. Zumba is the closest thing I do for myself, but I'm not complaining because I love it.

Ashley-Better_Balance~ Welcome! Happy TTC!

AFM~Pam, Ashley-Abeare, Heather believe me I thought about Implantation, that's why I was waiting to test till this week, to give it time but.....BFN. :ohwell: Guess the hubs and I will start BDing ever other day till AF. :smooched:
    The snow is coming and I'm planning a snow day regardless, whether its as bad as they say it is or not. LOL:tongue:
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    : I'll consider it a success if I can stay out of the Nutella I bought today. It was just sitting there in the store, on sale, calling to meeeeee with it's siren song..... :love:

I can't buy Nutella because it's siren song is sweeter and louder when I get home!!!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'll consider it a success if I can stay out of the Nutella I bought today. It was just sitting there in the store, on sale, calling to meeeeee with it's siren song..... :love:

I find the song muffles a bit when it's shoved in the back of the cupboard :)

I have heard the song of my peanut butter and chocolate chips lately. At least the Nutella is a bit better than that! LOL
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Abeare - they were able to see my tubes with the two sonohistograms I had done last year (the first one they thought there might be a blockage - YAY Completely covered cycle of ICSI....second one saw both tubes open......DANG IT!)

I have to run shortly so I'll do a more thorough response later :) Snow is on the way up here too, but I'm proabbly only going to get 2 inches or so....LOL
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone:happy:

Sorry to all of you that are getting so much snow. Hopefully we will miss it here in NC. I'm so glad I don't live in NY anymore.

Tomorrow is Groundhog Day, so hopefully we will see the end of winter soon. Spring is supposed to be a good time for TTC.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    20 plus inches of snow and AF has shown up with a vengeance! Ugh... Tomorrow is a new day.