Fit for Future Families - February 2011

Options

Replies

• kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey all. This morning was my final day of Clomid for this round....the munchies are in full force and I didn't exercise, which is just bad news waiting to happen. Today the munchies convinced me to eat the leftover guacamole from last night....which then sent me into a tailspin. I got home from work and just happened to spy the slice of pizza that we had left in the fridge before I even fixed dinner. I didn't want to eat it....but I could not keep myself from eating it. I could actually hear all the little voices in my head arguing...and then the bad voices layed the smackdown on the good voices. They never really had a chance. And right now, I would eat a chocolate elephant if I could find one.

So, tomorrow morning I'm going to get up and give the good voices a boost by exercising first thing, and hope that helps me make it through the day without buying out an entire Chinese buffet...because all the sodium retention would just be the icing on the cake, wouldn't it?

Here's hoping 100 mg works--I'd hate to see what 150mg looks like on me...my jeans can't take much more of this! The good news is, I still seem to have a sense of humor about it....we'll see if that sticks around in a few days when I expect the "emotionality" to ramp up.

I think I'll consider myself lucky if I maintain this week. Very lucky. Best of luck to all of you too!
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!
    If I missed anyone, I am sorry. This could be a full time job keeping up with all of you guys!

HMKan – I have been off of BCP for 2 years and still haven’t regulated, but I have friends who did immediately, so it really varies
    Kcurtis – I have to think that it is all this winter weather that is causing everyone weight to stay put or go up. May it is our body’s way to keep warm…at least that is what I am telling myself 

Heather – I feel your pain with the Clomid. It makes me eat like a pig. I feel like I have a bottomless pit.

Ashley – Congrats on your loss this week! I hope your appointment went well today.

Alisa – Where in Florida does your family live? Hope you are doing okay.

Kah – Sorry to hear about Merlin. I told DH that if something ever happens to my dog, I am going to need serious therapy. Right there with you with the Clomid. I have done a couple of months on the 100mg so I can't imagine what would happen if I have to up the mg.

Pam – Congrats on O’ing twice in a row. I it has to make you feel accomplished even though there is nothing you can really do. So sorry about your friend…that is heartbreaking

On your question Pam, I have no idea how to tell our families. It all depends when it happens. We plan on waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone, except for my best friend that knows my schedule and of course all of you. I do know how I am going to tell DH. We are huge Auburn fans so I bought an Auburn onesie and socks. I have it wrapped up and hidden in the bathroom for when I get the BFP.

DH and I have had the $$ vs baby topic and he is not against going for IVF but he says that we can’t do it with our current situation. He said we would have to sell our house and I would probably have to go back to work because he doesn’t want to finance it or deplete our savings. We will at least go through IUI if we need to.

AFM – I was up .5 lb, which after a week of Clomid and Super Bowl Sunday, I was not too upset. My water intake has gotten much better so there is my positive. On the TTC front, I went and an U/S yesterday. I had 2 follicles above 20mm so they had me give myself the Ovidrel shot last night. She was a little hesitant because my linning had thinned so much. But hopefully it will work this time and we won’t have to worry about the IVF. I am really hoping to give DH a great birthday present (2/24). It is his 30th birthday and we are having a surprise party at Chick-fil-a. He eats there at least twice a week. I even have the cow coming.

After I left the doctor yesterday, the nurse called and said that the doctor reviewed my chart and said that if we don't get pregnant this round then we will be doing Femara and he also wants to do a laproscoptic procedure so what is going on. Hopefully the insurance will pay for that. But fingeres crossed, tomorrow will be my last ovulation for 9 months!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Kt - That's such a great point. I'm happy I o'd twice in a row, but now I'd like it to stop for 9 months too :laugh:

I just woke up - yup, I decided that I needed a nap right after I wrote the message and woke up 5 hours later...I had something small for dinner and am going back to sleep shortly. Good news is that my throat really isn't so bad anymore. Hopefully tomorrow's a better day.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Kt I had totally forgotten that you were taking Clomid as well. Looks like we've got at least 3 of us that are just a tad on the crazy side trying to stop from eating everything in sight! lol! That is pretty exciting news with your u/s! Two follicles equals at least a good chance for one of them to produce an egg! Just gotta catch it and make it stick now! I really wish I was being followed as closely as you are. I think I'm still a little bitter that the doc just wrote me the prescription and sent me on my way with a "good luck". Oh well, it worked once, hopefully I'm right there with you and this is the last month I'll be driven crazy by Clomid and will start being crazy with pregnancy hormones! :)

Ashley how did your appointment go today? Hope all went well!

Alisa hope everything is going okay with your hubby gone. I know the first couple of days is an adjustment period and then you get into your routine to make the time go by. Hugs!

Kah I can't even explain to you how exactly verbatim you sound like me! I've been keeping myself extra extra busy as to avoid the eating monster. So far so good this week. I say keep it out of the house and tell your hubby not to let you talk him into ordering takeout! lol!

Pam that is pretty exciting news! For us PCOS gals a cycle where we ovulate is definitely a success! Hopefully you will find out even more good news at the next appt and you will get your BFP very soon! :)

Erica I managed back in December to spend WAY too much time on that site...I can't believe all the things that lady has done in the name of peeing on a stick! lol!

AFM I tried the hip hop dance class and a pilates class tonight and was extremely disappointed in both. Evidently they are letting any joe-shmoe teach classes. I was the only "student" in the hip hop class and ended up spending an hour "learning" how to do some dance routine this 18 year old college student had created....It was awkward and boring. The pilates class was a joke and we did a whole 10 minutes out of 60 of pilates. It was just weird. I did get my Polar F11 heart rate monitor (which I'm totally addicted to already) and managed to burn 540cals with both classes combined. I'm anxious to see how many calories I burn in kickbox since I leave there sweating like crazy and I barely broke a sweat today.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, so I was given some amazing news at my appointment yesterday! The sono wasn’t all that pleasant but not as painful as most of my AF cramps so all in all I was worried for nothing. So here’s what happened and sorry that it’ll be long, I’m just so happy and relieved.
    The dr. told me that my uterus is fine (no scar tissue, polyps, etc…), then he looked at my tubes and said both are open and fine, and then he looked at my follicles and on one side I had about five and the other side I had three but one was at 15mm. I wanted to scream I was so relieved!
    So we then go into his office to talk about what to do going forward and he starts talking about how I should come in on Friday for an U/S to see how much that one 15mm follicle has grown and that he’ll then give me a shot of Ovidrel to speed up the O’ing process and that by either Monday or Tuesday morning I can come in for an IUI!
    My head is spinning at this point, I’m so used to always having to wait for everything (including appointments), and then the logical side of me remembers cost! So I ask the Dr. the price of the procedure knowing full well that whether I do the procedure this month depends on the $$$, and then the best news ever! He tells me it’s FREE!!!!! IUI’s in Quebec are covered by our Medicare! I’m elated at this point and just make the appointment and forget to ask anything more!
    So now I’m going in on Friday and could potentially have an IUI on Valentines day!
    So earlier this month I said I thought I’d have a November baby because a childhood discussion I had with my cousin, and I thought it was silly but couldn’t help but feel this was my month, well now I’m convinced!
    I’m trying not to get my hopes up to high on this but I can’t help it!

Ok enough about me:

Pam – Sorry to hear you missed the window this cycle, but I’m happy to hear you’re o’ing on your own and twice, that’s great news! Hope you get as good of news as I did at your appointment!
    I’m sorry to hear about your friend and her son, my thoughts are with him.
    Oh and thanks for the sunflower seed suggestion, I told DH he has to eat a handful everyday until the IUI just to up his chances.

Heather – I hope you Dr. will be able to do something new for you at your next appointment, at least by talking to him/her about it you can be put on the right track.

Erica – I hope you get some answers from your appointment on Tuesday, I’ll make sure to think of you!

Kcurtis – I really hope you o’ed, you’ve had a wonky AF for way to long, maybe this is when you’ll start to stabilize.

Kah – my fingers are crossed for you that this is your cycle and that its your last round of Clomid.

Kt4au – Please keep me updated on you Ovidrel shot, cause that’s what they’re going to give me on Friday, have you ever had this shot? Does it change you at at (ie: munchies, mood swings, etc…) My fingers are crossed for you that this is your month and that you get to give your husband a little onesie for his birthday.

FC and baby dust for everyone

Ashley,
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Ashley that is SO incredibly exciting! How amazing that so much can be accomplished with one appt?! And that it is FREE! Double exciting! I am definitely sending prayers your way! :flowerforyou:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    KT - Catch that egg!!

Abeare - Wow! That's fast and great! I hope the IUI works for you.

Heather - That's quite an impressive burn for those two classes. Wow.

Kah - I hope the clomid works this cycle!

Pam - I'm glad you're feeling better.

AFM: I got my temp shift today... so now just waiting for my appointment (and hoping they'll do a progesterone draw that day). I imagine they won't tell me much at this appointment. He'll likely order a semen analysis, an HSG, and write me a prescription for Clomid and send me on my way with good luck wishes that I won't have to use it. He's not an RE, so he won't be doing much monitoring. It snowed again. I'm so tired of cold weather!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Ashley - WOO HOO!!!! That is unbelievably awesome!!!! I thought most fertility procedures were free in Quebec....I considered moving a few years ago for that alone.....LOL Ontario's looking at making it covered too, as well as ISCI (it's too costly for them not too), but that will have to be for the next one, doubt they'll have something in place for March. Glad it wasn't as scary as you thought, like I said, it depends on the technician. My first one was brutal and the second was nearly pain free (more like AF cramps). So exciting...that's only next week - insane!!!
  • abeare
    Options
    Woo hoo is right! I’m so exited! And thanks for all the well wishes guys! I’m still in awe of how quickly it’s going, I’ve spent the past year and a half waiting that it feels weird to think it could potentially be this month!
    DH and I had another “how will we tell everyone” discussion yesterday. For the first time in a long time we were able to have the talk without it having sad undertones. Assuming all works out we’d be due Nov 14th and would try really hard to wait for mother’s day to give our mothers grandmother cards. But that’s if we can manage to wait that long.
    We also had the twin talk! The IUI increases the chance of twins, and DH is a twin himself! I really don’t want twins, I know a lot of you do, but I don’t, but at this point I don’t care I just want to be preggers!
    Sorry for the rant, I’m so exited, I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up too soon but I cant help it!

Ashley,
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Pam~ YAY! 2 Os on your own! That's great progress! Thanks for the sensitive info.

Laina~ I hope work slows down for you soon, How is p90x? I hear a lot of people talking about it. Was it expensive? 4:15!? Ew, I'm sorry!

kah~ I know the munchies feeling, but I can not attribute my lack of control to medication. I just can't stop myself. I hope things get better for you soon. I have tried to get my butt up in the morning to get some exercise in, but the snooze button gets the best of me. You have a great attitude! I love reading your posts; you have such a great sense of humor! Oh and sorry about Merlin. :frown:

KT~ This is a full time job for sure! I got to work at 10 and had to catch up and now its 11:40 and still haven't done anything for work. LOL Thanks for the encouraging words. WINTER SUX! :laugh: Cute idea for telling DH. Hope you the best! Go catch that egg. lol:flowerforyou:

Heather~ I'm really sorry for the disappointing classes! That reminded me of a Zumba class I went to once; the girl had NO rhythm and it was SO awkward. Needless to say I never went back to her class. You had a great burn even though they were terrible classes! Have fun with your HRM! I get bummed when I forget to wear mine or sometimes I wear it and forget to start it. LOL Duh...

Ashley~ YAY!!! That is SO exciting!! All things a go! And being FREE is amazing! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for the good thoughts.

Erica~ I really hope your appointment went well and they offered you some hope! Stupid snow! Only 40 more days till SPRING!

AFM~ Not much... Just working, drinking water, and hoping we didn't miss this month (if i Oed) but the chances are pretty thin. Hope you all the best!!! *~*~*Baby dust!*~*~*
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yay Ashley! I so hope this is the month for you. And what a blessing to find out that you don't have to pay out of pocket for it! I am imagining my immigration application now... reason for applying: free fertility treatments. Haha. ;-) My little guy was born on Nov 11--we didn't make it to Mother's Day to tell them the news. I hope you have that problem to contend with!

Kcurtis-yeah...the exercise thing is hard, especially when it is cold. It's easier in the summer. My alarm is set insanely early because I have to snooze 3 or 4 times before I can really drag myself out of bed. My husband hates it, but I told him that since he snores all night long, the least he can do is give me my 4 snoozes in the morning. He stopped complaining about it.

O, I so hope that Clomid works this cycle too. I'll believe it when I see it...on the OPK, that is. ;-)

So far today, I've been doing pretty good. Broke down and had a chocolate fix this afternoon, but I still have about 600 calories to work with, so I'm thinking if I can keep this raging clomid-tapeworm at bay, I may be able to stay under the cals today, since I exercised. Then again, we are having dinner at church tonight, and I have no idea what is on the menu....church food is always good comfort food....very rarely healthy, ya know? So, I'll have to be on my best behavior...but it works best with our schedule tonight, and I don't have to cook! Yessssss.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    So for the past couple of days in the quietness of my own mind I've really been having some serious thinking about how many people struggle with either weight loss or ttc and we've all managed to put the two together.... Are we glutton for punishment or are we just over achievers? We have chosen two of the hardest things (in my book) to accomplish...at the same time. I've struggled with both trying to lose weight and ttc for so many years now I don't know what my life looks like without it. Every day is a constant struggle for something (making sure to eat healthy, going to a doctors appt, not drinking a lot of water because I have to POAS later, drinking more water to increase CM, logging in my food/exercise daily, etc...etc...). I am not complaining or whining about it, I just find it to be an interesting thought. Who would I be without ttc and trying to lose weight? I think we are way harder on ourselves than we should be in most cases. I guess that is why it is so nice to have a forum like this where we can lay it all out (the good, the bad, and the ugly) for others who understand our daily struggles. I'm glad I have you ladies to come to to talk about sore nipples or a cake binge....
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    So for the past couple of days in the quietness of my own mind I've really been having some serious thinking about how many people struggle with either weight loss or ttc and we've all managed to put the two together.... Are we glutton for punishment or are we just over achievers? We have chosen two of the hardest things (in my book) to accomplish...at the same time. I've struggled with both trying to lose weight and ttc for so many years now I don't know what my life looks like without it. Every day is a constant struggle for something (making sure to eat healthy, going to a doctors appt, not drinking a lot of water because I have to POAS later, drinking more water to increase CM, logging in my food/exercise daily, etc...etc...). I am not complaining or whining about it, I just find it to be an interesting thought. Who would I be without ttc and trying to lose weight? I think we are way harder on ourselves than we should be in most cases. I guess that is why it is so nice to have a forum like this where we can lay it all out (the good, the bad, and the ugly) for others who understand our daily struggles. I'm glad I have you ladies to come to to talk about sore nipples or a cake binge....
    LOL:laugh: That is EXACTLY how I feel! I know I haven't been ttc as long as many of you, but Heather you said it exactly right! I too, am very "glad I have you ladies to come to to talk about sore nipples or a cake binge...." :drinker: <<water of course LOL
  • abeare
    Options
    I'm glad I have you ladies to come to to talk about sore nipples or a cake binge....

lol! Any time! and I agree I don’t think I say it often enough how much I appreciate all of the support I get from you girls.
    Thanks Heather for reminding me of this.
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My posts are too far and between to keep up with you guys! :tongue: I check in a couple times a day to read, but am always overwhelmed to post! I agree with you guys that it's nice to have this board to see what's common, to vent, to be encouraged - it's pretty wonderful.

kah - Clomid sounds pretty nasty. I have enough trouble controlling what I eat in the first place (see my last couple of weeks of food diaries), and I can't imagine having to consume a horomone that makes it worse. You are doing an amazing job so far by your maintaining! Kudos to you!!! Chocolate fixes are just fine in my book, so no guilt there. I do remember reading one time that if you are craving chocolate, your body needs broccoli - funny concept!

abeare - So exciting!!!!!!!!! It must be such an odd but wonderful feeling!

Erica - I hope that you get more attention than you are anticipating. You seem like you will be prepared with any questions - I hope they answer all you are looking for.

Heather - Boo on unprofessional dance classes. I would be frustrated, but I would also probably be unable to do them - I am terrible at dance! I tried a Zumba DVD and was sooo glad there were not classmates around to judge me! :) Have fun with your heart rate monitor. Let us know how you like it!

Pam - Are you feeling better? I've had nights where I completely zonk out when I get home, too. Oh, and you had asked me how long we have been trying.

I went off BC in late October, but after trying to change my cycle 2x in a few months, which looking back was a dumb move. I think that threw me off for a while. I just started temping and using FF this cycle, so I don't know whether to say October, January, or somewhere in between! It looks like my cycles are 27 days now, which would put me at AF visiting this Saturday (12th) (stay away AF!!!). I O'd, accoring to FF, on the 1st, so hopefully my luteal phase was long enough. I had a little spotting today, so of course I made up in my head that it was implantation bleeding. I also broke down and tested yesterday, I have no idea why, and of course it was negative. Crossing my fingers nothing appears Saturday, though we will be going up to New Hampshire with the DH, his sister, brother and their significant others, who I will want to tell immediately if that is the case, haha.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Hello again ladies. I'm feeling a little 'blah' today...not sure if it is the Clomid or just one of those days. This post kinda coincides with my earlier post but I "out of curiousity" stepped on the scale an hour ago and I weighed 151lbs. I know I fluctuate but 151? I've been working out harder than ever, eating better than ever and I had dropped those 4lbs (down to 146lbs) and with only 1 day last week of the pity party and then Saturday dinner with the family of unhealthy eating I've been above par on my food and exercise. So why on earth do I even try?! I eat horrible and I stay around 150-155 and I eat impeccable and I stay around 146-151. Is it worth all that I put into it for 4 or 5 measly pounds?!? I want more than anything to be in the 130s (between 138-142) when I get pregnant. I feel like this is a good starting weight and a good goal weight after the baby. I know I'm fit and active but am I destined for 150 the rest of my life?! Ugh I just want to pull my hair out!

Sorry about my rant. I think it is the hormones....

Andrea I will keep you in my prayers that AF doesn't appear Saturday (or at all)! :) Ahh a day in New Hampshire sounds fun!

kah I've been eating 1oz of organic 74% chocolate (which is only 120cals) in the afternoons and that has really helped with my cravings!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Heather I so feel you. My goal weight is 135. I will get there and then bounce back up to 138-139 within days doing the exact same things. Then I hit 135 and think I can do 130. I never get under 134. Maybe 138 is just my happy weight and I need to just accept it. This week I have felt super bloated and then woke up to really bad back pain last night. I think my body is pissed at me, haha. I do think we are hard on our selves and worry about numbers on the scale too much. But I feel if I don't watch the scale I start ballooning back up.... Heather you look fabulous in your pictures. I'm guessing you are pretty tall and you have some good muscles going on. So don't sweat it you are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    nkster thank you so much for your kind words. (I almost cried watching Oprah today so I'm pretty sure it is just a hormonal/clomid induced blah day...) Tomorrow is always a new day. I hope your back feels better!

*The recent pic is the one on my profile and the rest are older at different weights (the full length is my highest weight which I had stopped weighing at 199.9lbs and I know I gained more). The one wearing the blue shirt is the same shirt in the black and white pic and I had lost 20lbs.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Awwww Heather - I'm going to try and appeal to the logic...LOL....even if it is hormonal. It is worth it for 4-5 pounds, because if you're eating horribly, it won't stop at 4-5lbs.....you have to draw the line in the sand somewhere and if you're eating horribly all the time, you'll feel it. Keep doing what you're doing, not only will your body thank you, but you are such inspiration with your eating and exercise habits.

AndreaMichelle - go away (LOL), enjoy yourself....there is still plenty of time to figure things out :) Sounds like you're weekend is going to be a great one. No point in pushing the clock - you'll only make yourself crazy. Plan to test after you get back.

Kah - my chocolate cravings have been insane and I wish I could only eat 1oz dark chocolate a day. I do try and keep it dark though. I'm finding I do like the taste better than the milk - it's more satisfying.

AFM - another 15 hour day yesterday, but the bulk of my data is done :) Which is good because it's due by the end of the week. I did so much typing on my little keyboard yesterday (laptop) that my fingers were numb. I'm feeling much better this morning - yesterday though DH had a fever and a sore throat. So I hope I don't catch it on the back end of his illness again :)

Also, I think someone said it best on here. I'd like to provide the flipside though. My DH is so glad that I have you ladies to vent to. He knows far too much at this point about what is going on and what I'm feeling and my binges......it takes some of the pressure off him. LOL
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Good luck, andreamichelle!

Awww, Heather, you're doing a great job. I'm willing to bet that some of the increase in the numbers on the scale is due to Clomid bloat.

nkster, I hope your back is feeling better!

My non-scale victory: I was watching The Biggest Loser last night on Hulu. There was a soap commercial featuring a very slim woman running. I said, "Oooh, I want to be that skinny." (Actually, I just wanted her stomach.) Then I said to myself, "That's not going to happen by sitting on the couch!" So I got up and did my elliptical. I had planned to do it right when I got home, but I was getting a migraine. I'm proud of myself for doing it later. Only 3 more times this week to meet my goal.