Fit for Future Families - February 2011

Options

Replies

• Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just came across this board. This fits me! I am trying to lose about 40 lbs, but we are also in the process of trying to have a family. In fact I just started clomid and I must say it makes me moody. I did not realize it would cause that. Anyway I will just keep up trying to lose weight until I hopefully become pregnant then I plan to stay on this site through the pregnancy. Maybe that will help so I don't gain too much weight.

If anyway has any advice on how to ease the stress of going through the infertility process any input would be great!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Just a quick check in...
    I have my fingers crossed and prayers out for all of you!

I am up at my in-laws and the kids are pulling me in every direction possible! It's a blast. :happy: The bad thing is that a snow/ice/sleet/rain storm is heading our way. Doesn't look good at all! We will have to drive back home (2 hours) right after it's done, but then that means it will be complete ice. I don't really want to go back anyway. I'm trying to convince DH to stay at least another day. :wink:
    My eating is absolutely TERRIBLE! My MIL is an amazing cook and I can't stop myself! LOL:laugh: And exercise is non-existent. Even with all the kids around we aren't doing much running around. I think we are going to hook up the Wii tonight and do a little Just Dance Kids.
    Gotta go...TTFN!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Welcome, Shann!

History, I hope you get good news when you test. A friend on another board got her BFP last night.

Heather, I hope you had a good time last night.

Kim, I would definitely avoid driving in ice. Yuck! Be careful if you do!!

Katie, I hope you're hanging in there.

I didn't play at the tournament. And since I wasn't playing, I ended up running the cash table for registration and the raffles. I ended up winning the cash drawing of $200!! However, I gave it to my DH's cousin. He needs it more than we do. Knowing I was going to do that before the drawing is probably the reason I won, but I hope my good karma brings me a BFP. :laugh:

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hi Shann - welcome.

Kim - hope you can convince DH to stay the extra time, get the roads clear. I'd rather drive in snow than ice anytime - it's so unpredictable. I love spending time with my in-laws too - the extended edition. I always am the one in it with the kids....and it's funny because we only see them a few times a year, I'm still "that girl"....LOL but as they get older, the remember the last time we played....eventually they'll know my name....LOL

Erica - Exciting that you won, even if you didn't keep it. Sounds like a good night :)

AFM: Today is CD1.....YAY! Starting fresh! Not too far off in estimation! Got nothing done yesterday. My parent's & sister's dogs are here for the weekend and the chaos last night was hilarious. DH was doing his P90X+ workout and you can tell no one in my parent's house works out to videos. My sister's dog was going ballistic barking....any time he kicked or squatted or got on the ground, she stood far away just barking her head off....LOL My two pups were quite confused. They were in their normal spot aka far enough away that I don't get accidentally clocked spot wondering why this crazy dog was barking like a fiend. LOL
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Well, I am out for the month. I'm still spotting, and expect AF to show up in the next few days. I still can't believe I started spotting on CD 19. What the Heck. So, yesterday was just a really crappy day for me. It slowlu morphed into my monthly day of grief, I guess, as the reality really set in. I didn't sleep well last night, but my ever-supportive husband did a great job of caring for me while I "coped". He took care of Joshua and let me sleep as long as I could this morning and made me breakfast. Just trying to support me, which I really needed. This one hit me a lot harder than I expected. (Do I say that every month? It feels like it.) Probably because I just felt so very blindsided by it. I got the positive OPK, and we did all of our BDing, and then it's like my body just starts shedding that lining way before that little egg even has a chance to think about making itself a home. I'm not sure who I'm madder at--my body, or the Clom-ID or just the cosmos in general. Tomorrow I go in for my 21 day progesterone test. (Ironic--I'm pretty sure it is going to be low...and if it's not, I have some sort of other issue to deal with.) I'm supposed to go in for my "end of cycle" check later in the week...but I'm pretty sure I'll already be into a new cycle.

In unrelated news, I've been doing Kettleworx, using the 5 lb kettlebell. I decided to up the ante and start over with a 10 lb kettlebell seeing as I don't have to worry about being pregnant this month. The first workout rocked my world, but I was just mad enough that I made it through the workout just through sheer determination. I hope I can lift things tomorrow. It doesn't burn many calories, but boy do you feel the muscle burnnnn.

I seem to be through the worst of this months "grief cycle"--the fog I was in yesterday seems to be lifting, and now I just feel angry and tired...which I think is just exacerbated by the Clom-ID I'm on. (Ironic, huh? The medicine that is supposed to help me is just stomping on me when I'm down.) Given past experience, I know will pass in a day or so, and I will move on to dealing with life and next month. I feel like I really need to tell my parents about this...but I still haven't. I think that is my next challenge. Getting it out there with some face-to-face people who care about me. I still don't want to do it though.

Okay--see you all later--sorry for being such a downer today--just trying to be real. I'll be back in a more positive mood later. Take care all...good luck!
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies.

Welcome Shann.

Kim - hope you avoided driving back in the ice.

Erica - awesome win and so nice of you to give it to someone else.

Pam - yay for a fresh start.

Kah - big hugs hun. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

AFM - got a BFN this morning. AF is only due today so who knows. Both Miss 3 and Angel Baby took 4 days post AF being due before a BFP showed up so I'm going to retest on Thursday and hope for a better result.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Karen - sorry to hear it was an emotional weekend. Hopefully the week will get better for you - even if you time everything right, only a percentage will result in a viable zygote.....about 1 in 4, even if everything is timed perfectly. Its still tough to know that you did everything right and it still doesn't happen. I kept our process a secret for about 3 years. We actually started "trying" in 2000 but didn't tell our families until about a year after we were both diagnosed in 2002. I was surprised by how supportive everyone has been since that I now tell anyone and everyone. Word of warning though that most people don't realize what its like when you're having trouble and can say and do things that seem really insensitive - make sure you tell the people that can best support you.

History - let's hope history repeats itself :)

Crappy eating day, but I figure if I'm going to do it any day, it might as well be today. Not so much a pity party more than DH being overly supportive again and bringing in the things he thinks I would like.....I realized today that I've had more chocolate in the last 3 weeks than I did from April of last year until November. I really need to cut it out. That's my challenge for the week - if I have the choco craving - I will be able to have 1 hot chocolate, but no real chocolate. Time to start losing again.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Update: I told my parents. Couldn't figure out how to, so I wrote them an email. I just couldn't find the words to say, so I decided to write. Got a call 5 minutes later (that was fast), and they asked if they could bring a pizza over for dinner. So, they came over and we ate pizza and played with my son, and talked some about this whole infertility mess, and some about other things in life. My mom said she isn't going to bring it up, but that she will want to hear whatever I feel like telling her. It was good. I'm glad I did it, and I think I'll sleep well tonight.

So, nothing has changed really, but my perspective. I guess sometimes that's all you can ask for, and sometimes, it's enough. Have a good Monday everyone.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 1: 237.9lbs (-3.9 lbs)
    Week 2: 235.5lbs (-2.4lbs)
    Week 3: 238.9lbs (+3.5lbs)
    Week 4: 236.2lbs (-2.7lbs)
    Week 5: 238.1lbs (+1.9lbs)
    Week 6: 235.2lbs (-2.9lbs)
    Week 7: 234.3lbs (-0.9lbs)
    Week 8: 236.6lbs (+2.3lbs)

Arg.....TOM is killing me with the weight loss. I'm hoping it'll just drop back off. It's not unusual for me to put on 3-5 lbs at the start of TOM (see Week 3) and I feel REALLY crummy this morning. Hoping to get outside for some of today...but then we're starting to build our new pantry this weekend, so maybe I'll get into that too. Also, not sure if I mentioned it, but my dryer went on the fritz this week and so DH is spending today trying to fix it....Although he did just suggest going to breakfast.....LOL Heading out now.

Karen - Sounds like the decision to share was the right one :)
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Heather – I’m making spaghetti squash tonight too! But it’ll be the first time for me! As for the advice to slow it down on the exercise, try talking a lesser impact exercise so that you still get the feeling like your doing something without putting too much stress on you body. Yoga, Pilates, and Ballet conditioning would all be good for you and keep your body lean.

History – I started on FF this past month too, I’m still learning the ins and outs of the site, I have the same user name though. I was just tracking my temps myself because I didn’t have much of an opportunity to be on the site daily till I found the iphone app.
    So sorry to hear about the BFN, but its not over till AF shows up!

Erica – Those are great signs! This could totally be your month, I actually think quite a few of us have a really good shot this month! Sounds like luck is on your side right now with winning the $200, and then to add good Karma on top of that! I really hope you get your BFP!

Pam – I’m so jealous that you get to have family day off, QC having to always be different (and lets face it… difficult too :laugh: ) have to work today. Congrats on AF, you’re that much closer to IVF! Let’s keep the O’s happening for this cycle!

Karen –I’m so sorry to hear you had to go through that rollercoaster, but thumbs up for your hubby for being supportive. The hardest thing about all this is not knowing how to stay positive without getting your hopes up too much, especially when we’ve all experienced the let down month after month. I’m so glad that your mom was supportive; DH and I are in the same boat, with the exception of my cousin no one in either of our families know, I’m positive my mother is suspicious but knows enough to not ask.

Katie – I’m so jealous that it’s warm where you are, its freezing here (literally)! Enjoy the pizza, everyone’s entitled to a cheat meal!

Welcome Shann! If you figure out a way to relieve the TTC stress please let me know :laugh: This thread is the closest thing that helps me because I get to be reminded that I’m not alone and the things I’m stressing about are normal. Feel free to jump into to the conversation here, there’s a fountain of knowledge between everyone here!

Kim – Enjoy the dancing with the kids and be careful about driving in that weather!

AFM – My cramping lasted a bout 2hours or so on Friday and then just went to mild cramps and now I feel absolutely nothing. I didn’t go home early but made sure to rest for the rest of the evening. Now that I’m 2dpiui and have till March 5th (DH wants me to wait for the Saturday so that he’s there with me) until I can test, I feel like I need to be doing something. So my goals this week are 1) stay positive 2) light workouts 3days this week 3) no coffee or alcohol 4) avoid eating out and lastly to drink lots of water! Hopefully I can focus my attention on my health (because 1 gained 3 lbs in the past 3 week but haven’t updated my ticker) and alleviate the helplessness I’m feeling about TTC.
    Question for those that are used to O’ing, I’m still getting eggwhite CM even though I know that I O’d on Friday, does this make sense or could the trigger shot not worked and I didn’t O till after? My temps started rising after the IUI, so that indicated it happened then. BTW I feel oddly exited about the fact that my iui was on a full moon, I know it doesn’t change the odds, but I cant help but feeling like it’s a positive sign!

Ok, I’ve written enough! Baby dust to all that need it!
    Ash,
  • epa422
    Options
    Tested early and was rewarded with a BFN. That's what I get for being impatient. Temps not down yet, which means AF will likely be here Wednesday instead of tomorrow. Or I'm the really rare person who doesn't get a BFP until well after AF is due. Yeah right.

Um... let's see.

Karen, I'm sure it was a bit of a relief to share your struggles with someone. I know that it is for me.

Ashley, I really hope the IUI works!! It's possible that you're still going to release the second follicle. Maybe that's the reason for the CM? Not sure. If you got a trigger shot, you definitely released an egg, so I wouldn't worry.

Pam, sorry you're not feeling well.

History, I hope you get a late BFP.
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

AF decided to show herself Saturday. At least I didn't have to waste a pt. That made it a 26 day cycle for the month. Here's to a new cycle!

Good luck everyone I will try to catch up more soon:0)
  • epa422
    Options
    Bummer, nkster! On to a new cycle. :flowerforyou:
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Erica, it’s not over until AF arrives! I know it’s so easy to think that yet again it hasn’t happened, you almost start expecting the disappointment (you never do get used to it though) and it makes it that much harder to stay optimistic. The reality is that it can still happen for you this month, and I have my fingers crossed for you!

I did think of the possibility of the second follicle, it was at 13mm Wednesday and so maybe the shot made it grow? And it released an egg after the 18mm follicle? DH and I have been keeping up with the BD’ing just incase, I didn’t want to take away any chances we get.
    I have to wait 14dpiui before I can even take a test because the trigger shot can apparently give you a false positive (my cousin suggests I take one now so that I get to experience the feeling of a positive PT :tongue: ), and I only go in after that to either take another PT at the clinic or to set up a new month of trying. I actually told DH that if it doesn’t happen this month, I don’t want to do another iui next month, it’ll be too much of a let down that I’ll want at least a month to regroup my emotions, he was not pleased by this.

So sorry to hear about AF visit Nichole, best wishes with next cycle!
  • epa422
    Options
    Ashley, I know a lot of people buy cheap tests and test the trigger out of their system. Apparently, they like to waste money... :laugh: But I would definitely wait until at least 12 dpiui to test and probably until 14 so you don't get confused by the trigger.

I did just find out that the test I bought is not as sensitive as I thought it was. So I have some (false) hope that it could still be my month. I really hope so. Our temps went from 70 degrees yesterday to 20 degrees today. So I don't know how much my temps can be trusted at this point anyway.

It's possible that it didn't grow anymore than 13 mm, but the trigger caused it to release anyway. Or maybe the trigger is causing you to produce extra CM.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Hey ladies....my two cents on the EW CM post-O thing. It's certainly possible that because of the extra hormones that your body was exposed to that you could still have EW CM - even women without IUI have EW CM after O'ing. I don't think it's expected usually, but I also don't think it's too unusual.

Nichole - Sorry about AF. Hopefully it won't last long and you can start on the next attempt soon :)

Erica - I really hope that it's a BFP by Tuesday :)

AFM - I'm feeling less yucky now - had a long hot shower and just feel cleaner. It's really heavy though - changing things out less than an hour at a time and super crampy. Thank goodness I'm home today. This is the worst part of the whole thing. Hopefully tomorrow is much lighter again. Got quite a bit of cleaning done this weekend. Next I'm decluttering....making room in my life for new things (preferrably baby items)....LOL
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Pam sorry AF is making you feel less than stellar today....like you said hopefully tomorrow is lighter and you can get back to business as usual. I also was amazed at how much soy is put into processed foods people eat. Soy is EVERYWHERE! This is one of the many reasons I've stopped eating packaged/processed foods. Glad you enjoyed your kale. I've yet to venture into the world of kale even though I know how good it is for you. I LOVE sauteing spinach in coconut oil. That is what I have every morning for breakfast! Maybe I will have to try the kale. I hear kale chips are good too.

Erica I agree it isn't over until AF shows! Why don't you test with a FRED? There are coupons on the baby boards! :) Also, this temperature shift is insane! Ugh! I think mother nature was just teasing us. I'm not happy about it at all. What CD are you on? Still feeling the sore breasts and other symptoms?

Ashley I don't blame you. I know the guys don't understand that not only does this physically take a toll on us, our emotions are on a constant roller coaster ride! Taking a break and starting again with a fresh start/perspective is not a bad thing at all.

Sorry Nichole that AF showed up. But another month to get a little bit healthier before baby come on board! :)

Kim sounds like you had a blast with the kiddos! We ended up playing Just Dance with my friend's girls as well. Watching my husband playing the game made the night!

Karen I can't help but still hope that some how, some way that is just implantation bleeding. It just seems too strange that you've started spotting on CD19 and are going to start when you've not had problems with crazy irregular cycles in the past (if memory serves me). Maybe I'm just trying to hold onto hope for you.... I'm so sorry. I did my CD21 progesterone today as well. I'm still keeping you in my prayers!

Well I'm feeling like a big pile of "blah" today. Not motivated to do ANYTHING. I'm about to go over and help with my friend's 2 girls because she is sick, pregnant, and her hubby is away (this is the life of military wives!). I'm hoping for good news with my blood draw but I'm sure it will take several days before I hear anything. I'm starting to have symptoms (extremely tired, frequent urination, sore nipples) but I'm not reading into anything because I know the progesterone I'm taking makes you feel like this as well. I'm hoping it is a baby wreaking havoc...but still standing strong on not testing until March 1st! Hope you ladies have a good rest of your day!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Heather - you're not kidding about the soy. I just read the label on my chocolate.....soy lethicin, which means unfermented. I'm going to have to re-read all of the labels going forward to choose one that I can eat to avoid them.....*sigh* I have one bunch of kale left. Going to do kale chips tomorrow. I have just found out that I shouldn't salt them. Too easy to over salt.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, i just recently joined. Im currently trying to concieve and have PCOS. hoping weight loss will help:flowerforyou:
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Welcome joeylu!

Pam soy and corn will be the death of us! lol! And people wonder why we have so many healthy problems these days. Have you ever watched "Food Inc"? It is pretty interesting and eye opening.