Fit for Future Families - February 2011

Options

Replies

• kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    What a rollercoaster of a day.....today was DH's urology appt. We waited almost 2 hours beyond the appointment time (standing room only in the office). We actually left for an hour, had tea and came back. Finally we got in to see him and he got the results from DH's analysis. I could feel the disappointment next to me. No change - 1M. Doctor said it can take up to a year to have a final result from the surgery, so he's going to have him go back in 3 months and then again in 9 to do two more retests. Not going to help for this child, unfortunately. On a scale of 1-10 of disappointment, I'm probably only at about a 1. I've committed to having this baby and if it means the money for IVF, then so be it - this would have been a bonus. I'm actually a little relieved - not the right word but I don't know how else to describe it. I'd put so much pressure on myself to conceive this month naturally since it's the only one we'd have the opportunity to and I know we missed the window by about a week. At least now I know that it wouldn't have happened anyways for us and I can put all my energy into the IVF and all that fun stuff. I think the whole process, from what I've read is about 3 months to do one cycle so sometime between now and May, I will be preggers. Now to make sure it sticks. I can continue to focus on doing what I'm doing (or better) and I'd really like to be in the 220s when it does happen. The fact that I'm o'ing on my own means that it might cost a little less (in terms of hormones, etc.)

Wow--that is quite the emotional day...I'm glad you aren't feeling too heavy of a disappointment, although I'm sure it's a blow for your hubby, and it's hard when you are going through something and at the same time trying to support someone else who is dealing with their issues too. I understand what you mean by the "relief"--even if that isn't the right word. Even if the answer wasn't exactly what you had hoped for, It's kinda like having a bit of closure on that part, and being able to move onto the next step with hope instead of just playing the waiting game. We will be on our last round of Clomid in May if we haven't had a "result" sooner than that....here's hoping that we are both preggers by then...along with a bunch of others on this board!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - we're really not being that positive - it's not like anything has changed. We're in the same position as we were a month ago with the exception that his results might change in 9months to something positive for the next baby. He called his parents last night and his Mom kept apologizing. She feels horrible that he's having all these issues and feeling guilty - so he spent most of the evening consoling his Mom......LOL Tuesday is the fertility clinic and we get all the financial stuff in order. We then have to set up the counselling appointment, which is mandatory for us to go through any of the procedures, but I'm not too worried. Telling my family tongiht since they'll all be there. Letting our friends know on Tuesday - I have a FB group that we spill all to 2x a month since people kept asking...this way I keep everyone updated and they've stopped asking questions.

Oh and the other thing that made it rollercoaster is we came out of the doctor's office to see a ticket on the car. We parked on the road so thought there was a 2hour limit on the parking. That's when we saw the fire hydrant, almost buried under the snow. LOL And the best part is he totally pulled forward two spaces when he parked.....completely avoidable.

Tonight we're doing the big family anniversary dinner for my parents at the all you can eat buffet place. Think it's going to be a zoo with V-day on Monday, but we'll survive. It's been a lazy day so far. Hoping to take the dogs to the woods tomorrow morning for a good lengthy hike to help offset the dinner. Should be warmer tomorrow morning!!!

Heather - I know what you mean about changing everything up - picked up my "Sweet pea" soap yesterday and put away my "Snowflake" version. The spiced candles are away and the outdoorsy/floral ones are coming in - Next on my list is a good old fashioned spring cleaning!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I hope you have fun at the anniversary party, Pam.

My new motivator: I'm going to watch my entire collection of "Sex and the City" while working out on the elliptical (provided my DVDs with suspect origins continue to work). That 94 episodes, which gives me probably 3.5 months of something to get me on the elliptical. The room my trainer is in only gets about 5 channels, so that was posing a problem and this should fix this. :drinker:
  • dawnrenee
    Options
    So, if I want to join, I just post here? I haven't used the mfp community area yet, so still learning the ropes.

I've been ttc for over 2 years. Trying to make one last attempt at solving the issue myself before heading to the doctors by losing between 30-50 lbs, eating healthier, and vitamins. I know a lot of women who are ttc end up doing so simply by losing some weight because the loss helps trigger ovulation, makes your body realize it's still healthy enough to carry a baby. Makes complete sense to me...if you inactive, than your ovulation cycle will be inactive. Gotta jog it out of it's "resting state".

I'm 34 also, so my years to get preggo again are getting shorter.
  • epa422
    Options
    So, if I want to join, I just post here? I haven't used the mfp community area yet, so still learning the ropes.

Yes and welcome! We're glad you've joined us and hope you have good luck soon!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Welcome Dawn Renee :)

The anniversary party was fun - we left my parents house at close to midnight - which meant we got home and into bed just after 1am...Yikes. So temping was useless again this morning.

My plan at the buffet was to load half of each plate up with a salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrots, mushrooms, cheddar & light italian dressing) and then grab a protein, a veggie and a starch. I ended up having a chicken drumstick and a serving of roast beef as my protein; squash & zucchini as my veggies; piece of french loaf and yorkshire pudding as my starches......Two full dinner plates and then for dessert I did go a little bonkers with a slice of carrot cake, chocolate dipped fruit, bread pudding, and a scoop of raspberry sorbet. Although I wasn't a terribly good girl, the great thing about buffets is that it's all about variety, so things like the dessert are all very small portions of food (the bread pudding piece was 1 inch cubed and the slice of carrot cake was only about a 1/4 inch at the thickest part)....so even though I indulged, it wasn't terrible. And I drank about 4 glasses of water while we sat and ate. One thing though and this might be TMI, because I wasn't used to the richer foods, afterwards when we were sitting and playing boardgames with the family (my sister & her best friend (aka default date), my other sister and her boyfriend and my brother), I was really really gassy......LOL and it wasn't just me. At one point my DH was sitting next to my sister and his stomach started gurgling and it was almost 15 seconds before he realized it was him. My sister's face was priceless though....LOL

The scale showed happiness this morning. I had to do my check in on here, because I was proud, it'll probably go back up today, but so far this year, I'm down a reasonable amount. It's funny the mind games that we play with ourselves. I'm thinking that I'm plateauing, but the numbers are showing that over 6 weeks, I'm down.....

Today, with the warmer weather, DH and I were thinking about heading for a hike in the woods before it rains, but I'm not sure when that's supposed to start, so it might just end up being a 2 hour walk around town.
  • epa422
    Options
    I'm glad you had a good time, Pam!

I ate too much last night. The crab cake appetizers were awesome. The Chilean sea bass was so-so and I wasn't a huge fan of the sides, so I managed to not eat too much there, but I made my husband get the creme brulee, which sent it over the top, but it was soooooooo good. I imagine we won't go back anytime soon, but only because my husband likes a different seafood place better. I also had two skinny margaritas and fell asleep around 10 o'clock, oops!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Sounds like gluttony was the name of the game yesterday for me at least! It surprises me when I actually pick apart every little thing I eat and log it, how much that adds up to on a "free meal" day. I don't feel bad about it at all though because if you look back at my food log I was WAY under every single day. I give myself one free meal a week and this week was definitely not the norm. We went to one of my all time favorite restaurants Houlihans. We went to the gym earlier yesterday and decided to go into the city for a little shopping (bought a bunch of new workout clothes which I really needed) so since we were in the city we figured we mine as well just eat there too. I'm back on the wagon today as per usual so no guilt here at all. I'm hoping that last nights alcohol intake is the last for at least another year! :)

The sun is shining today and the temperatures are beginning to warm up. I walked out to take Ellie (my pooch) out potty and it felt so warm to me. I checked the weather and it is 38* F! lol! I guess when you are used to below zero temps an increase of 30 or 40 degrees feels much warmer than it really is! I'm really happy though that we are going to reach temps of 60* F this week!

It always amazes me that every Sunday when I have my rest day from working out that I still feel that need to get on my gym clothes and get in a good, hard workout. Even God rested on the 7th day! lol! I guess I've made exercise such a commitment in my life that not doing it I feel like I'm not fulfilling an important commitment.

Erica sounds like you are feeling good and the hubby is on the up and up! Bummer that your dinner wasn't amazing as you had expected. I always hate that, especially when you go to a pricey restaurant! I find that around holidays when restaurants are busier than usual the food quality goes down. I LOVE Sex and the City! Sounds like a great plan for the elliptical!

Pam I always have "bleh" gassy bloated feeling after I eat anything other than my usual foods. That means that you are normally feeding your body nutritious foods! Sounds like you did pretty good on your buffet game plan. I don't know if I could have done that good myself! I truly do love food, so when given lots of choices I feel like I need to at least try them all! lol!

I hope Alisa is doing okay. Having her hubby leave I'm sure things are a bit crazy. Hope she comes back soon!

Still no positive on the OPK. Not worried though cause I'm only on CD13. Guessing I will get one in the next day or 2 (hoping anyways). Not feeling quite as moody/hormonal though so I hope that is not a bad sign....
  • epa422
    Options
    LOL, I doubt it was their food quality. I'm not a big fish eater. The only other time I've had sea bass was on our honeymoon in San Diego at Nobu. So Bonefish had a lot to live up to in the middle of the country. I didn't figure it would be as good. It was still good, I just should have probably gotten crab cakes and called it good. And those were definitely the best crab cakes I've ever had.

I'm glad you have a good time in the city yesterday.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Cycle day 14--and I got my double lines on the OPK! I was so excited, I almost peed myself again....except that I had just used an OPK, so that wasn't really happening...and well, that was just probably TMI. Oh well.

It's really funny, so much excitement over a positive on an OPK. It's not a pregnancy test, but at least it makes me feel like this Clomid is doing something other than just making me feel a bit nutsies. Of course we won't know for certain if I "o-ed" until we go in for the 21 day progesterone test, but it gave me a little lift today to at least see that I got something different than other months.

Eating was not all that great this afternoon, I'm going to try to get in a little extra workout, and then we'll try to get "back on the bandwagon" tomorrow.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am super excited to ttc! The problem is...I had to take infertility meds (I don't ovulate as much) with the last child (I only have 1) but I went into that pregnancy weighing 205 lbs and ended up weighing 264 lbs before delivery! Now I weigh 161 lbs and I am HOPING that I don't have to go the medication route this time! Good luck too ladies!

Laura
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Kah - exciting news! I was the same way - a positive stick is a great reason to celebrate! Doesn't matter if it's OPK or HPT!!!

Welcome Laurn!

I have my grocery list ready to go for tomorrow. I had a bit of a chocolate day today, but also had a lovely long walk with my puppies. Tomorrow is the PCOS friendly diet and I'm debating between the Metabolic diet and the PCOS Diva Menu Plan.....I'm not a huge fan of legumes or seafood so the PCOS Diva plan would be difficult to swallow (LOL). Metabolic diet is more restrictive, but also has lots of substitutions (and I'm not allowed most legumes anyways, although I am allowed seafood).

I'll figure it out when I get there :P Happy Sunday night - here's to a new week!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 1: 237.9lbs (-3.9 lbs)
    Week 2: 235.5lbs (-2.4lbs)
    Week 3: 238.9lbs (+3.5lbs)
    Week 4: 236.2lbs (-2.7lbs)
    Week 5: 238.1lbs (+1.9lbs)
    Week 6: 235.2lbs (-2.9lbs)
    Week 7: 234.3lbs (-0.9lbs)

I broke the cycle of down one week and up the next - yay! With the weather warming up, it's time for me to start preparing for my charity walk in April. My minimum exercise weekly goal is 240 minutes of walking plus fertility yoga, aquafit, etc. Since my week starts on Sundays - I'm already well into that goal - I did 60 minutes of walking & 15 minutes of my yoga. Tonight, I plan to do the same. Tuesday, we're going to the botanical gardens and I'm going to walk all afternoon. Wednesday, is more walking. Thursday is aquafit, Friday is more walking (it's going up to 9C!!!!) Saturday I'm going to be a hobbit again....LOL Temperature is dropping below freezing again. This coming weekend is another long weekend for us :)

My next real next goal is to be between 215 and 225 when we get pregnant (depending on when it happens in the next 3 months). I think it's reasonable and I think the exercises that I'm planning on doing now will definitely be able to be carried through my pregnancy (or at least until I can't do it anymore).
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Kah- Did you end up doing the Margaritas? Oh and a peed stick saying positive is always great news, even if it’s only an OPK, congrats I’m sure you O’ed!

FC for you History!

Erica – I hope you are feeling better! I see that your hubby would have been sick during your O, did you guys get a chance to BD or did you give up for this month?
    I love Sex and the City, what a great show to workout to!

Heather – I’m glad you got to have your supper out anyway, and I’m glad you’re not feeling guilty about your food intake! I hope this is our last month being able to drink for a while.

Pam- I’m sorry to hear about the disappointing news from your appointment on Friday. I understand your sense of alleviation from the guilt of not BDing during your O time but the news still sucks. I think you have an amazing attitude about it, and you are absolutely right, by May you WILL be preggers!
    Oh but talk about adding insult to injury with the parking ticket! That wasn’t your day!

Welcome Dawn Renee & Laurn!

AFM- I’m not weighing in, last week was horrible food wise, between the excitement of being told we could do a IUI this cycle and all the coffee and alcoholic beverages I allowed myself due to it, then later in the week being told it was delayed so I ate everything in sight! I decided I’m not weighing in until the end of this month.
    I went in for yet another U/S this morning and was sure that I was going to be given the go ahead for the IUI because I’m having all my usual O symptoms, from O pains, CM, increase in libido, and my face broke out! But yet again I was told that the follicle on my left side has barely changed (was at 12mm and is now maybe 12.5mm) but I do have one on my right that is now at 11.5mm. The Dr. seemed confused about this too and kept asking if it was normal for me to be late (which it isn’t). So I’m now at CD15 and will be going back in for yet another U/S on Wednesday. I really hope the follicles will be where they need to be on Wednesday, I think it’s my body’s way of making sure I’m nice and comfortable at that clinic!
    I wish I could be as positive as you Pam, but the truth is, I’m exhausted!

Ash,
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi all you lovely ladies! I am going to try and catch up with all your posts from this weekend this afternoon. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! :flowerforyou:

I kept thinking I was getting my period, because I would spot a little, but then nothing would happen, and I've had nothing at yesterday and today. My temp dropped just below coverline this morning though, and I have been getting negative tests, so I'm pretty sure this wasn't the month. Today makes 13 DPO and CD 30, which seems long cause I've been 27 since going off the pill in October. Quick question - I kept wearing a tampon this weekend, cause I knew I would be away from the house, and didn't want "issues" to sneak up on me. If by some crazy chance I was pregnant, was that super dangerous?

Oh and PS, skiing is a WORKOUT! I am sore!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Need to read back to catch up on what everyone is up to. But just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's day!

♥ ♥ I have been with my husband 9 years and we will be married for 5 years in September. ♥ ♥

How about all of you?
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Welcome Laura and Dawn! Jump in anytime! :)

Ashley I'm so sorry it got delayed again. You still aren't out of the game yet though! At least you are one step closer than what you were 2 weeks ago. I will keep praying Wed is your day! :)

Kah you should know that it is okay to be super excited over a positive OPK! Back in Sept when I got my first ever positive OPK you would have thought that I just found out we were pregnant! lol! I jumped up and down and couldn't stop smiling! I'm hoping for mine either today or tomorrow (I am one day behind you!). Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you made a Valentines day baby! :) Did you know that if we conceive this month, we will have a good chance to give birth on 11-11-11! Just a fun fact!

Pam congrats on the loss this week again! You are on a roll! I love the idea of doing fertility yoga. Did you get a DVD and do it at home? Your goals for your workouts sounds awesome! Keep it up for you and your baby to be! And oh I love Botanical Gardens!

Andrea no it isn't dangerous, especially this early along if you are. You aren't out of the game until AF shows her ugly face! :) Glad you had a wonderful time skiing!

Well I'm not up and not down...I'm still thinking I'm super bloated because even after eating the PF Changs at home meals and my crazy free meal I was only up like 1lb and then back to good ole 146. I felt pretty rotten yesterday because I had made a post on my FB page about how even when I only take off 1 day from working out, I still feel the need to workout still but I know I need a day of rest (for my body and mind). Well I am friends on FB with the instructor who teaches all the classes I go to as well as he used to be my trainer. He made a comment on my post about how I was weak and lazy if I needed a day off from training and that I should at least do an hour of cardio....I was speechless (well not really...I replied that he was ornery and that I have a life outside of fitness and that I workout on average over 3 hours a day and that how many people in this world do that...). He really made me feel like my efforts are weak and I am in fact too easy on myself. I'm thinking it is bothering me so much because I'm hormonal cause I'm usually pretty thick skinned. I don't take things personally usually but for whatever reason this one has bothered me.

On a positive note my hubby left me a Valentines day card and sent me flowers (I think it is so cliche but he went all out because he knows I think it is cliche...gotta love him).

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday/Valentines Day!
  • epa422
    Options
    Pam... "difficult to swallow." Hahahahaha! I love me some play on words. Woohoo for losing again!

Welcome Laura!

Ashley, sorry they've pushed you off again. It could be the stress of the upcoming IUI keeping you from Oing. Do something nice for yourself or make your husband do something nice for you since it's Valentine's Day! To answer your question, we managed to BD the two days before and the day of O, so I think we're plenty covered. My husband didn't get sick until I was 3 dpo.

Andrea, sorry about the temp drop. I hope it's just a fluke and AF stays away.

Kah, I love +opk. I rarely get them, so I know how exciting it can be.

Heather, I think if I had a trainer say something like that to me, I would be in tears. And I'm not dealing with ramped up Clomid hormones.

nkster, my husband and I have been together for two and a half years and married for 18 months this past Saturday.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon making two kinds of muffins for breakfast for the next few weeks. And now I'm just waiting for my follow-up appointment at the doctor. It's first thing tomorrow morning.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!!! I have missed you guys!! Sorry I have been MIA the past week or so, I was SOOOO sick last week! (Stuffy/runny nose which turned into chest congestion AND nose congestion which turned into Chest congestion with a nice phlemy cough...fever, chills the WORKS) Couldn't take any time off work or school bc I just have so much going on at both right now!

Happy Valentines day to all!! I expect there to be lots of BDing tonight even if you aren't Oing....(except for those of us who's hubs aren't around...)Practice makes perfect!

I'm going to catch up on everyone's posts tonight bc i'm sure i've missed out on a lot! My Valentines day plans are to take my little man to go see Knomio and Juliet! I'm excited! It looks really cute!

Official weigh in for the week....145lbs This is my starting point. I didn't lose any last week but i wasn't REALLY trying bc i was so icky! So my goal this week is to really watch my food intake and get to the gym AT LEAST twice! I might even shoot for 3 times! Lots and Lots of water! My pantry and fridge are stocked with food so NO eating out!
  • epa422
    Options
    Yay, hi Alisa!! Sorry you were so sick. I hope you have a Valentine's Day with your little man!