Fit for Future Families - February 2011

Options

Replies

• HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been reading your posts, even if I've been relatively quiet. You guys are such inspirations to me!

I had a talk with DH yesterday and we are officially actively trying for a baby now. (As opposed to just not preventing pregnancy). You guys are the only ones I'll probably tell!

I have my annual gyno appointment on Thursday, so I'll get all the info I need from my doctor and hopefully sometime in the next few months, we'll be pregnant! I realize it probably isn't that easy, but I'll have a better idea of what to expect after my appointment Thursday. Reading your posts have given me a WEALTH of questions to ask so I feel much more prepared now. THANK YOU!

Have a good day everyone!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    That's great, HMKan! I hope that you get a BFP very quickly!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Ashley - thinking it's probably stress - it's a known delayer of O'ing :) Agree, relax, enjoy your Valentines day. When's your next appointment?

Andrea - no kidding skiing is a workout, but not the way I do it (I hate going fast, so I drop onto my behind if I feel out of control). 90% of my time on the slopes is sitting around....LOL

Heather - I would be so upset. Maybe he doesn't know what you're doing but to call anyone lazy is just beyond rude! Especially on FB (just because of the broad people on most people's friend's list)

Erica - I love your bulk muffin making - I should try it, but ..... LOL I just don't have the motivation to doing it :) Maybe next week though

Alisia - Sorry you were sick - I'm jsut getting over it (so I know how brutal it is). LOL I giggled a little when you clarified that everyone should BD except those whose DH's are away......LOL For me, it's an absurd thought, and I'm not quite sure why

HMKan - Good luck!!! Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you don't have to stay in the forums too long. Don't let us scare you into thinking nothing will go right - the fact is that most people the are "trying" (which BTW, the medical definition is not preventing) achieve a pregnancy within 1 year.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Blah - just got a call from the fertility clinic. One of the ladies mixed something up and put our appointment in the wrong section. The doctor isn't even in this week - she's on vacation so they had to reschedule us (just glad they caught it before we drove all the way there). Our rescheduled appointment is March 7.....So that gives me an extra month of getting healthy and baby ready. The universe is certainly not making it easy on us though. Between DH's results and the mix up, I'm getting a little nervous about the whole $15K with no guarantees thing..... :ohwell:
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys, and I agree with you all that my delay in O’ing is probably due to stress, but I don’t know how to turn my mind off of it. I’ve been having a hard time staying concentrated at work, and when I’m home forget about it! It’s all I think of these days. I’m not sure how to relax, silly thing to not know how to do!
    I haven’t been to the gym in weeks, and have been afraid to get back into it just to stop again after I O, but maybe it’ll help, it at least won’t hurt my weight loss goals.

Erica – When’s your follow up appointment?

Hmkan – I hope it takes you no time at all, but either way we’re all here to support you in your journey of TTC.

Pam – My next U/S is on Wednesday, I’ve been going in every second day so far. I think my body want to make sure I really used to being poked and prodded down there before I get pregnant!
    Wow 15K and no guarantee! You sure you can’t move to QC? If you need to stay working in ON I know tons of people that live in QC but work in Ottawa. My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Ash,
  • epa422
    Options
    My appointment is at 9 am CST tomorrow morning. Really they'll just be giving me the results of the blood work (which I already know was normal) and scheduling other tests. Hopefully, I can convince them to do a progesterone test.

Pam, I'm sure it will all work out just the way it's supposed to. I'm glad they caught it before you showed up to the office.

Ash, could you do some stretching, yoga, pilates, or tai chi? I find all of those relaxing.
  • abeare
    Options
    Thanks Erica, i actually have a Yoga for stress relief video and didnt even think of it :ohwell:
  • epa422
    Options
    LOL, sometimes we just need someone to nudge us in the right direction. I'm sure you're too busy thinking about everything else. I know I'd be a total wreck.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the long post! I really should stay on top of things over the weekend! :laugh:

Pam~ I'm sorry about the upsetting news. Glad to hear you are ready(ish) to take the next steps. And what is up with these nurses messing up appointment!? First Erica and now you. Don't they understand thee sensitivity of the subject matter!? Geeze! My Fingers are crossed for you. Great job on the loss this week. Glad your were able to stop that pesky pattern.

AnneElise~ Wow how time is flying! Glad to hear you are doing much better and the morning sickness is gone. I can't wait to hear what you are having. Do you have a preference?

Heather~ YAY for the weather warm up! I was out and about in a sweatshirt yesterday! Don't you love how you tell your body that its time to rest and you mind decides to be motivated? LOL OH and if my trainer sad that to me I might kick him/her in the stomach the next time I see them. That’s a very low blow and completely not true! You work harder than anyone I know! Keep up the great work and tell that instructor to shove it! :tongue:

Erica~ Great idea with the Sex in the City! Even though I'm really not into Sex in the City I think I might adopt this idea and find a series for myself and glue my butt to my bike for a while! My fingers are crossed for you and your follow up tomorrow!

Dawn~ Welcome! Hope you the best! If you have any questions, comment, or concerns feel free to chime in whenever you feel! These ladies have a wealth of knowledge!

Kah~ YAY! +OPK! Fingers crossed for you! I'm still waiting for that day to come for me, but I'm sure I would react the same way!

Laurn~Welcome! Good luck!

abeare~ Dang it! Fingers are crossed!

HMK~ Yay for trying! Good luck!

Andrea~ I need/want to try skiing, I've never been. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Alisa~ YAY! You're back! I was worried something happened, well I guess my feeling was right a little. Sorry you were SO sick! Blah! Hope you have a great night with your little man!

AFM~ I had a very good weekend. On Saturday I did both Zumba toning and Z-Boxing. I bought the new heavier Zumba weights and let me tell you going from 1lb to 2.5lbs and dancing with them makes a HUGE difference! But I had a blast and burned a ton of cals. My eating was getting better, but I am really having a problem kicking this sweets addiction (V-day doesn't help at all)!
    :heart: Yesterday I told my hubs that I was going to Zumba, but I went and got his V-day present instead. (Gift card to the shooting range LOL He loved it!) We usually never celebrate it, but for some reason this year I was really feeling like celebrating us. Many of our friends and families have gotten divorces or broken up last year, so that kind of made me appreciate what we have even more. We have been together for 5 years and married for a year and a half. :heart:
    Also, I have been trying to educate him on all this cycle stuff, he's so cute. LOL I'm starting to get a little impatient and he answer for everything is "it's just your body trying to regulate after being on the shot for so long." So we went to GNC and got the Fertility Blend supplements to try to regulate my cycles. The reviews are pretty good so I'm going to try it. I am on CD26 now so we will see what happens. :smile:
    Oh yeah, and I forgot to weigh in this morning, So I think I am going o wait till next week. After my upset and freak out last week over the scale, I think I could use a break rom the scale anyway... Hope my hard work this past week and this week (hopeful) pays off!
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just have to get this out. Heather--your former trainer is 1) an insensitive clod 2) doesn't know how to make a good joke on FB 3) is desperately needing more training clients and is horrible at his recruiting efforts. Whether it is one or all of those, that was just plain unacceptable--knowing my "mouth" while I'm on Clomid, I'll keep my actual comments about his verbal behavior to myself. What an idiot. Seriously. Maybe he knows a lot about training, but I'd have a hard time taking his advice on how to be "healthy" after making comments like that.

When I'm dealing with crazy hormones, noncompliant cycles, head colds and sickness, doctor's offices that can't get their stuff straight, the stressed of TTC, and obnoxious people and yucky situations in general, I have to keep in mind the serenity prayer:

Lord,
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    the courage to change the things I can...
    ... and the wisdom to hide the bodies when I get really pissed off!

Okay, that's not the REAL serenity prayer, but sometimes it just feels so much more right...especially when I'm on Clomid. ;-)

I worked out twice today because the weather was nice and I wanted to try out a new jogging stroller that a friend passed on to me. And I am enjoying dinner tonight. I'm eating Lasagne, and I did make a new recipe for a V-day dessert--Flourless chocolate cake. It looks absolutely horrible when it's done. No presentation at all...but then I tried a bite. OMG. Insanely good. Totally worth looking like a crappy cake, because then no one else will want any. Heh heh. I guess I'll let my hubby in on the secret. So, I needed that workout if I am going to enjoy that cake....and I so am.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, whether you are with or without your Valentine today. We all have a lot to be thankful for, even when we get bogged down with all this TTC stress. Feel the love!
  • epa422
    Options
    Kcurtis, I hope the vitamins work quickly for you!

Mmmm.... chocolate cake.....
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ok, I said I'd catch up, now here I am! BTW, thanks for all the well wishes and finger crossing - they mean a lot!!!!!!!!

Heather - I love all the pics you are putting up! They are making me miss my honeymoon! And FC for you! Hopefully the new meds will do the trick! Oh, and I want to kick that trainer...somewhere....not sure where yet....

Pam - The ovulation kits were great - it's a lot cheaper to pee on those sticks! Haha! I keep getting convinced that it stuck this time, and when it comes back BFN....UGH! I'm really impressed with how positively you took the news from your appointment. You guys have waited so long for this! I agree with Heather that the baby you guys WILL make one day will be SO incredibly loved!

Ashley - I hope tonight is relaxing and fun for you, so that your body will cooperate! I'm sure it will - FC for you!

kah - Boo for Clomid affecting you the way that it does! Hopefully the margaritas will offset some of that! And wooohoo for losing while on such a crazy pill - way to go! Oh and I'm with you on the avoic the crowds for V Day - we are getting take-out Outback! Tastes just as good!

Erica - Sex in the City is a GREAT motivator! Those girls are in pretty great shape! I've watched that while on the treadmill sometimes, and it gets me to go a little farther!

nkster - We've been together almost 4 years and will be married 6 months March 4! Congrats to you guys :)
  • abeare
    Options
    Erica – Best of luck at your appt!

Heather – love the new pics, you so photogenic!

Kah – You deserve to have your cake and eat it too! Enjoy!

So I didn’t do yoga last night because I had a major headache that started around 3 and just wouldn’t go away! So I took a long bath and went to bed early, but I do want to go back to my taebo class tonight (if my shoulder doesn’t hurt too much). On the up side DH brought home flowers and Haagen Daz icecream. Here’s the flowers:

flowers.jpg
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Awwww - cute! Hope everyone had a very special Valentine's day
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ooo--Ash, I love those flowers! So exotic!

Andrea--still getting negatives, or are you waiting a few more days? I can't take the suspense!

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. I did eat the cake...and it was very niiiice. I'm having to take some of it to other people today...one way or another it was not staying on the plate. Better in someone else's tummy than all in mine.

Today I am having some annoying cramps. I don't know if it's Clomid, ovulation, or a combination, but it made me cranky today. If this month is anything like last month, I'm entering the time frame where I expect more of the emotional swings. I think the 2WW is just hard anyways, and then the Clomid just makes it worse. In any case, I told my husband to be on the lookout for moody me. The cramps this morning got me off on the right/wrong foot--which ever metaphor you want to use.

By the way, I don't think I ever told you all, my name is Karen--kah is my initials before I got married. Just incase anyone was wondering....not that I think you were. Haha.

Have a good Tuesday everyone....
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ashely - Those flowers are soo beautiful! So unique looking!

Karen - Nice to know your name! :smile: I'm glad you enjoyed your cake- it sounded yummy!

I tested negative last night, and couldn't bring myself to test this morning, which, if anyone is counting (I am haha), makes CD 31 and 14 DPO. I went on to Fertility Friend and had 79 pregancy points, which got me excited. My temp is still over the coverline, but a little lower than before. BUT now I am getting major cramping, and am spotting so I am an upset girl this morning. I normally have a 27 day cycle, so I guess something just delayed me this month. UGH. I:brokenheart: worked myself up too much this month, so lesson learned.

Promise I'll be less negative when I post next!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Erica how did your appt go this morning?! I hope lots of good things come out of it! And I also hope you are not stuck in a waiting room full of pregnant women and crying newborns....

hmk congrats on 'actively' trying to conceive! :) Like the other ladies have said, for the majority of women it is not as scary as an ordeal as several of us have gone through. Wishing you all the best of luck and a BFP on your first dance! :)

Karen :) Sounds like ovulation cramps since you just got your positive OPK yesterday. Sounds about right timing. Glad you enjoyed your cake! Us crazy Clomid women NEED what we need! lol! You are right the 2WW is so hard anyways, and then throw in the escalated emotions from the extra hormones we have in our bodies and it is a recipe for disaster! I hope I'm right behind you in the 2WW...still waiting for my :) on the OPK. I usually don't get one until CD15 or 16 so I'm not worried yet. Are you getting a CD21 blood draw?

Andrea I'm so sorry....you aren't out until AF shows her ugly face though. Remember that. I'm still praying for the BFP for you! Thank you for the compliment. I loved Destin, FL and the beach. It is where my heart is for sure!

Ashley thank you so much for your sweet words. I personally don't think I'm that photogenic but I was so happy and having such a good time and I think anyone looks pretty in those circumstances. :) I'm anxious for your appt tomorrow! Hopefully that will be your day! What CD are you on again? Your flowers are beautiful. My hubby (spent way too much) on roses and calalilies which are beautiful but I'm the type that is happy with the $10 bundle of fresh flowers from Walmart. I'm pretty easy to please. The house does smell like heaven though with the smell of fresh flowers filling the entire house!

Pam so sorry that your appt got messed up! But I'm the same way when something like that happens, I turn it into a positive and just say "well this gives me more time to get even healthier for when it does happen!". You are getting so close now though! :)

kcurtis how is everything going with your sister and niece? Is she back home? That is sweet that your hubby is being so supportive! I hope the vitamins work quickly for you as well.

Well I'm still waiting (not so patiently) for my :) on the OPK. I don't know why I'm trying to rush it because I've only got one on CD 15 and CD16 and I'm on CD15 today. For whatever reason I'm already afraid it isn't going to happen. I'm trying to stay positive but the idea of another month going to the bathroom and finding AF makes me wanna cry....

*Thank you all ladies for 'sticking up for me' from the big bad mean instructor/trainer! All of you made me feel so much better about the situation. He is in fact a turd and pretty immature. He is a nice guy to a certain extent, but he definitely has his moments of a young, dumb boy. He is very motivating when it comes to his classes (that is why I go because I burn more in his classes than any other). But as far as training me, that stopped the end of last summer because he was training me like an athlete and not like the long/lean body type I strive for. But you are right, he knows a lot about giving a good cardio class, but he is crap when it comes to motivation for a healthy lifestyle! Well regardless of what he said I proved to myself that I am in fact not weak nor lazy...yesterday (a normal workout day) I burned over 1300 calories. Weak? I think not! I am at least 10 years older than 95% of the girls in his kickboxing class and I bring it EVERY class. I give it my all and make it look good! So if he thinks that is weak...then weak I shall be!
  • abeare
    Options
    Karen – It is nice to know the names of the people we pour our hearts out to, that was why I had started signing my name below my posts.
    I’m hopping you have a speedy 2WW and a BFP to end it all!

Andrea – It’s still not over for the month until AF shows! Try to relax and see whats what tomorrow morning (says the girl that can’t take her own advice!)

Heather – I’m normally happy with a bouquet of wildflowers too, but DH saw them and thought they looked cool so that’s why he got those (men are so funny that way!), but I’m not complaining they smell and look great in the living room!
    Oh and to answer your question, I’m on CD16 and this is usually my O time, but we’ll see if the follicles have grown any tomorrow morning. I really understand what you mean by waiting oh so not patiently for an O! Looks like our cycles are pretty well in sync this month, hope we get BFP’s together!
  • epa422
    Options
    My appointment went well. He thinks we stop BDing too soon in my cycle (usually stop once my temp shifts). I'm supposed to hit days 12, 14, 16, and 18. I usually O on day 16 and stop by day 15... so we have some homework to do. They gave me a lab order for my husband's SA, but he said to have him wait until AF shows because I could very well be pregnant. No HSG scheduled. He said that I'm not at risk for blocked tubes and there's no reason to think that I have them. He thinks there's very little return on that invasive of a test. He wanted to try clomid or femara for three months first and then try it. So if AF shows next week, he'll prescribe me my choice (FEMARA all the way!) and we'll go from there. He did order a progesterone test (while internally rolling his eyes at me) even though he thinks judging by my charts that all of my hormones are great. I think he hinted that I need to lay off the Internet searches.... :laugh:

Pretty flowers, Ashley!

Andrea, those pregnancy points are completely useless. If I enter my symptoms every cycle, I can get up to 90. Don't read anything in to them at all. They should just get rid of it or post in large letters: "JUST FOR FUN!"
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good hopes! I have decided to not start taking the supplements until AF shows (I really hope she doesn't). The bottle warns not to take them if you are preggo or might be. So I will wait to see, and start them with my new cycle. Fingers crossed that I don't have to take them, but too bad I already opened the bottle so I can't return them if I don't need them. I am getting SO impatient! I just can't help myself. I used to have this attitude, "it will happen when He wants it too" but now I keep thinking "now...now...now" Ugh and we haven't even been at it all that long. LOL:laugh:

Karen~ It is nice to know names. My name is Kim! I hope your 2ww goes quickly and with the least amount of moody side effects!

Heather~ Lilliana Rose (my niece) is still missing with her father (if you want to call him that) we are going on 3 weeks :mad: My sister has served him with custody papers and now it's just a waiting game till those get through the judge to grant her temporary custody. Once she gets the papers saying that she has custody, she then can go and get the police involved. If she finds out where she is right now she can legally take her back, but he can do the same. No laws have been broken yet. :mad: I am truly beginning to HATE "the system".

Ashley~ I really hope those little suckers are growing for you!!! As I said before, I'm really impatient too! I think we are all in the same boat!

Quick question: With my cycles all out of whack (36/14/24/CD27) when do you think I should test?