Fit for Future Families - February 2011

Options

Replies

• kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Update: Today was a good day---just not food-wise. Ugh. Today was what I call a Clom-ID "snarfing" day. (You guys remember Snarf from Thundercats? Let me age myself a little there....) They are tricky because one minute I'm totally in control, and the next, I'm stuffing whatever is in front of me in my mouth. Today it was McDonalds (Not my choice to get it, but it didn't stop me from scarfing it all down) and the cupcakes after dinner. It was just totally one of those "throw in the towel" moments, and then the cupcakes were gone. The only positive thing I can say is that I did not eat the other 20 cupcakes that are left. Those will be exiting the house tomorrow with my husband.

Found out about two other friends who are expecting. One has been trying for a while. So I'm SO happy for them, but it's a little bittersweet as most of us have experienced here. Hubs and I need to talk more about our next steps...if there are any. I"m waffling on it, wanting to do it, but also wondering if I just need to step back from it for a month or two before we start anything else--if we decide to do that. I keep telling myself that the decision doesn't have to be made now, so that helps calm the anxiety that I feel sneaking up on me when I think about it.

We are taking a long weekend this weekend and going to the Outer Banks in NC. Friends have a beachhouse, and we all go down and do an unofficial "Polar Plunge" the first weekend in March. Those of us who opt not to jump in the ocean have to do a chicken dance on the sand. (I'm usually a chicken dancer...I work it.) Then we just lay around and do whatever we want to do. It should be relaxing, and I'm looking forward to it.

Hope everyone weighing in tomorrow has good results. Hope anyone peeing on sticks get BFPs. I hope I don't eat another cupcake....:tongue:
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

We are taking a long weekend this weekend and going to the Outer Banks in NC. Friends have a beachhouse, and we all go down and do an unofficial "Polar Plunge" the first weekend in March. Those of us who opt not to jump in the ocean have to do a chicken dance on the sand. (I'm usually a chicken dancer...I work it.) Then we just lay around and do whatever we want to do. It should be relaxing, and I'm looking forward to it.

kah78: Have fun at the OBX! I live about 5 hours West of there in Greensboro, NC.

I will also be taking a mini vaca this week. We leave Wednesday morning for Burlington VT to visit some of my husband's family and then on Friday we are driving to Jay Peak for a ski weekend with a bunch of friends. I can't wait. Probably a good thing I'm not preggers right now:0) I'm going to treat it like the last party, haha. Only problem is that I'm scheduled to O right around Saturday. I wonder if drunken BDing will help:love:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Karen - that sounds like fun. I'd totally be a chicken dancer.....
    Nichole - Is there a lot of snow left for a ski weekend? We're getting rain up here right now and it's just melting away.....

Today is weigh in day and I did weigh in this morning, but it was also a "whoops I slept in too long" morning and so I didn't have time to jump on and record here (I'll do it when I get home), but I am NOT happy! I'm probably going to be reporting a huge up. It HAS to be water....I wasn't great with drinking up this weekend and there's no way that since Friday when I was down about a lb I have put on 3-4 lbs.......I DID not consume THAT much.....LOL I wasn't an angel, but my brain knows that for 3lbs of gain, I'd have to have consumed >10K calories more than I burned, which is 2300 a day.....uh.......I would have known if I'd over consumed THAT much.....

I wanted to do a quick walk around the building before my meetings got underway, but it's raining and only just above freezing, so I think I'll stay inside right now.....yuck.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Karen, I’d be a chicken dancer too :laugh:

Nichole, I’m only about 2hrs away from Burlington and it looks like a snow globe here, so hopefully Jay Peak is getting the same snow! Enjoy your trip!

Pam, I’m sure its water weight! Don’t stress about it too much, you’ll be back down by next Monday.

AFM, I was not good food wise this weekend! Between the Cajun and Mexican restaurant and then DH coming home with triple chocolate fudge, oh and lets not forget pancakes for breakfast! Umm…. no wonder I gained! Actually I gained a couple weeks ago but was convinced I could get back down and so I never logged it, well it’s not coming off so easily and so I logged it, I’m back at 154lbs from 149lbs!
    On the TTC front I’m still driving myself nuts, but I’m not getting as strong pre-AF cramps any more which helps me from thinking of it every second of every day! I’m now on CD29 10dpiui and got yet another BFN this morning.

Ash
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Heather, that's a crazy amount of calories, but I'd be willing to bet you end up cutting down on your exercise at least during the first trimester. I have yet to "meet" anyone who has managed to keep their energy level up enough to work out, especially as much as you do!

Karen, I completely understand. I have had three cousins get pregnant since we started trying (I lost count on the number of friends). The second one had her daughter Saturday. Of course I'm happy for them, but I'm utterly devastated. They weren't even trying and I'm still not pregnant. I'm at a point where I just want to give up and curl up into a ball and not move for a month or two.

Ashley, 10 dpiui is still really early.

Pam, I'm sure you'll get right back on that horse and do just fine. You always do. :smile:

nkster, have fun on your ski trip! Drunk BDing seems to have worked for my entire family...
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Karen/Erica - it's tough that's for sure. As much as I love seeing the kids in the family at the gatherings (like Saturday),its tough too. DH got really upset two Christmas' ago because we got to see his nephews little boy. They got married the year after we did and got pregnant within a month (and got married young and hadn't done anything before the wedding so literally one cycle - LOL shouldn't have bothered me.......but did) - we'd been trying a year. The eldest is now almost 8...that's what kills DH, it's not the infants, but the kids that are walking around as reminders. This time he was better though......

We did have a big discussion this week about the lack of results from his surgery. He's way more upset about that too than he was letting on. Saying it was worse now because I'm starting to get regular and he still doesn't "work right". That's been one of the saving graces through this whole thing is there was no one to blame.....we were both messed up.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Heather!!! Really!!!? YAY! Sticky, Sticky, Sticky! Did the doc give you any advise? The ladies on the pregnancy board could help you with the calories question. If I not mistaken I think they had said to just up your cals gradually and that you don't need "that many" in the 1st trimester. But you may be throwing them up too.... Stick around all you want! By the way I stink at decorating! Any suggestions for a living room that is a very light mint green with pure white trim, a dark cherry floor, over-stuffed dark brown bomber jacket leather sofa and love seat? We pretty much have to start at scratch, because it was tan and burgundy walls (2 burgundy, and 2 tan) with light tan carpet.

Karen, I hope you enjoy your long weekend! I would also be a chicken dancer!

Pam, we have 5 birthdays in January in my family including mine, so with the holidays and the birthdays it can get a little crazy around that time! And the birthdays get missed quite a bit. But I understand that ANYTIME would be great at this point... Try not to stress over the lbs, you are a hard worker and will come back strong! I just know it! I hope DH and you the best! Mine seems to have the same feeling, especially after having all 5 nieces and nephews crawling all over us last weekend. Not to mention the friends and family really starting to put the pressure on us.

Ash, still crossing my fingers for you! Keep hope! Hang in there. I love DIYs too, but after the rental last fall I was a little burnt out, but the laminate really was "dummy proof!" It was SUPER easy.

Nichole, I hope you have a great time skiing and drunken BDing!:drinker:

DH and I finished the hallway and the living room floors. Like I said before, they were SO easy! The longest part was making all the cuts in the hallway. I got a bit of a workout though, swinging the hammer to push the planks together and running up and down the basement stairs making all the cuts. They really look great! So glad we did it and I can't wait to do the other rooms now! DH is painting today, so hopefully when I get home from work it will look like a whole new house! And your gals were right; the sense of accomplishment is great! Not only did we do the floors, but we got our taxes done too...not as much as we were thinking/hoping, but something is better than nothing!
    Eating.... um well..... BAD WEEKEND! :ohwell: I'm really trying to get back into a good rhythm, but it is a bit hard right now. I will get there though!
    Exercise...not bad.... Did double Zumba on Saturday then came right home and painted the ceiling (ouch! my arms are sore!). I'm hoping to Zumba tonight, but my back might need a rest after those floors.
    BDing.... going strong! LOL this is so much easier than eating healthy and exercising! We are on CD12 and going every other night. Still at "low" with my monitor... Fingers crossed that my ovaries are actually working!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Kim I'm one of those people that tends to keep things really neutral and then add in pops of color in a pillow, candle, or picture frame. Some would say it is boring, sometimes I even think it is a little safe. And at least your did your Zumba and the physical activity you did while working on the house totally counts! Manual labor is a definite zapper of calories!

Pam I've always felt like it was all my fault cause I was "broken"....but nothing is every "broken" if you can still get the same results, it just means there is more work that goes into it than for most people. But I still think that your baby will be more loved than any baby ever was!

Erica good thing is that I have my good friend who works out with me every single day. We keep each other accountable and that really helps. I am starting to get more tired but knowing she is expecting me makes me get up and go. I have decided to cut out kickboxing so that means 4 days a week I will be doing an hour of toning and an hour of cardio and then 2 days a week I will do at least an hour of toning. She is 28 weeks pregnant and ran a half marathon when she was in her first trimester. So to have someone who values fitness as much as I do is a great person to keep me motivated. I actually feel better after I workout. And that website accounts for the fact that I workout at least 3-5 days per week at least for an hour. So I just won't eat back my exercise calories. And like today, I burned 925calories in my workout. So 2160 is not totally out of range for that. My actual BMR is about 1500 calories as it is. If I do miss a workout here and there I'm not going to let myself feel too bad, but fitness and being active is still a very important part of my life.

Ash 10dpiui is still early. I was negative on 9dpo and then only got a faint positive 10dpo. Don't give up hope yet. I've got my fingers crossed and you in my prayers! And Mmmm....I LOVE cajun food! I lived in Louisiana for 10 years and still could eat red beans and rice every day of my life! And btw...I think you are gorgeous. I bet 154 looks just as good on you as 149. I know we all have our goals, but don't forget the fact that you a beautiful woman no matter what the scale says!

Pam you too! Recognizing the scale is moving in the wrong direction is half the battle! Did you ever get a chance to look at The Diet Solution? It really did change my life. It isn't a diet. It really is a way of life and following the protein plan (which is what PCOSer's need) has made me feel 110% different/better.

Nichole have lots of fun! I hear that is a great plan for making a baby! LOL!

Karen we used to have a Polar Bears club when I was growing up in Alaska. Sometimes I was a polar bear....most of the time I was chicken dancing! lol! I hope you have a wonderful time and get some much needed R&R. You deserve it.

AFM my first Doc appt is on Wednesday. Because I've had several miscarriages they squeezed me in but I have to drive an hour to another office where my doc also goes to. The next available was next week though...so I guess an hour is worth it. I tested again this morning and the line was darker (definitely a good sign). I'm still scared out of my mind...and probably won't believe it until I see/hear a heartbeat. Not telling my family is going to be the hardest thing. The next 11 weeks is going to be brutal!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Kim - my family room is mint green with the same colour couch.....LOL I've accented most of the room in cherry red too lol. It's the least colourful room in my house. My front room is orange with sage and camel. My home office is mustard with chocolar. Downstairs bathroom is robin egg blue with white accents. Kitchen is mink grey/brown with putty, khaki and black....LOL I lived too long in apartments where I couldn't paint anything. My bedroom was royal blue, but we just painted it over in beige......with pops of colour.....

Aww Heather, thanks :) We don't have a bookstore here in town and I haven't managed to stop while at work. I'll make the time to grab it this week.....I know what blew me out of the water though...I thought about it afterwards....probably the pizza. Only because it's a small local pizzeria and so I had to guess at sizes, but it was crazy on the sodium at the levels I put it in at....if it was more, I'd have gone over for sure. Going to drink water like it's going out of style today and tomorrow and hopefully see better results. Only 253 days to go?????? Yikes - and you already feel 100 days into it....LOL

Ashley - 10 days isn't too far over...most tests recommend not doing anything until at least 12....It's gotta be tough though especially since you knew so much about the status of your ovulation and everything.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Aww Heather, thanks :) We don't have a bookstore here in town and I haven't managed to stop while at work. I'll make the time to grab it this week.....I know what blew me out of the water though...I thought about it afterwards....probably the pizza. Only because it's a small local pizzeria and so I had to guess at sizes, but it was crazy on the sodium at the levels I put it in at....if it was more, I'd have gone over for sure. Going to drink water like it's going out of style today and tomorrow and hopefully see better results. Only 253 days to go?????? Yikes - and you already feel 100 days into it....LOL

Here is the website. They don't have a book you can rent/buy.

http://www.thedietsolutionprogram.com/

It comes in a ebook or you can pay to get a hardcopy.

And yes I have a feeling this is gonna be a loooooong 9 months! lol!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much has been happening for you ladies! I hope all of those testing get BFPs!

Heather, stick stick stick! Relax, exercise but take it easy, too! This baby will be sticky! I love your countdown ticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how the appt goes!

Nichole, You crack me up! That sounds like Karen't margarita advice!

Karen, I'd be chicken dancing all the way! No cold water please :) I used to live in Corpus Christi, TX, and definitely got spoiled with the Gulf warm water!

Kim - Amber or the right kind of light blue might look nice in small small amounts :) I'd have to see a pic though! When we got married this past fall we registered for a few things and redid the DH's condo (me moved there and rented my place out) we had a blast redecorating. Sometimes a few little things can make a big difference! Your house must be looking great!

Ashley, I'm going second Heather's thoughts! You are a gorgeous girl, and no one notices that gain but yourself! I told DH how much I've gained since the wedding and he didn't believe me - they don't notice little things like women do. I don't know anything about IUIs, but it sounds early to me.

My dad is in the process of getting released from the hospital. It looks like it is going to be a rough recovery, but I am so grateful that this was caught before a heart attack. Quintuple bypass is so scary sounding - I have been a wreck all week. There are few blessings in disguise, which my mom and I are trying to hold onto: I really think this has shaken my dad's outlook on nutrition, which did need to happen. He has been diabetic (Type II) for about 20 years, and hasn't ever eaten like it. He just compensated with insulin. My Type I diabetic brother (diagnosed at 25, now age 27) flew up from TN, and you could tell how scared he was - this could be his future if he doesn't take care of himself. Unfortunately, diabetics have to be extra diligent. If any of you or your DH's are diabetic, this is my plea to take care of yourself!!! Lastly, my husband with no health problems, but has a few extra pounds on him, has been eating the best he ever has. If he could, he would eat chicken cutlet sandwiches and boneless wings with blue cheese all day long, haha.

On the TTC front, I am worried that since my stress levels were through the roof (and all the junk I ate cause I was at the hospital all week) that this month may be a bust. We are going to try anyway! Today is CD 14, got an almost positive OPK and I'm egg whitey as can be. You better believe there's going to be BD'ing tonight! haha! We did CD 12 too, and plan on every day til... well I don't know when, haha.

Sorry for the long post girls, but I had a lot on my mind from all this chaos this week. BTW, did you know that once you have had open heart surgery, you can never shovel snow again? Crazy!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I finally decided I have the courage to join you all...I think this community will be good for me. I'm joining you all at a very interesting time in my TTC journey. To give you a general overview: My husband and I have been TTC since our wedding day June 2008, so over two and half years. We have started testing but we are still in the unknown infertility category. While we continue to TTC, my husband and I are officially starting on the path of adoption- which we are VERY EXCITED about!!! So excited, that my husband's motivation to continue testing is lacking- he just doesn't see the point in testing when we want to adopt (which I understand, but I just NEED to know why). So, that kinda fills you in...
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Just posting a general quickie to say hello.

Heather, congrats and lots of sticky vibes heading your way!

AFM - Been looking back at my chart over the weekend and it looks like I might of had a Chemical Pregnancy which would explain the implantation dip and having all the signs. I am glad that I didn't get a BFP since I would have been utterly heart broken once AF showed up Friday morning. Anyways AF finally finished yesterday so right back into charting again. Finger's crossed for this month for another December baby instead. Oh and I lost 1.3 kg over last week and a further 600g overnight so things are looking good in that respect.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I finally decided I have the courage to join you all...I think this community will be good for me. I'm joining you all at a very interesting time in my TTC journey. To give you a general overview: My husband and I have been TTC since our wedding day June 2008, so over two and half years. We have started testing but we are still in the unknown infertility category. While we continue to TTC, my husband and I are officially starting on the path of adoption- which we are VERY EXCITED about!!! So excited, that my husband's motivation to continue testing is lacking- he just doesn't see the point in testing when we want to adopt (which I understand, but I just NEED to know why). So, that kinda fills you in...

Welcome Luki :) I was in your boat in 2005. We decided not to persue fertility and go the route of adoption. DH decided not to test at the time. While we have found more answers I still don't think we have all the answers. After two failed adoptions, we're back at fertility treatments. Whereabouts are you? Hopefully your journey is swift :)
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Thanks for all the encouraging words, I really appreciate it!

Karen/Erica/Pam I know how you all feel, my cousin got married at the end of August 2010 and they’re now expecting in June! It had already been a year DH and I were TTC when we found out, we wanted to be really happy for them, but I was astonished how it took her only one cycle (cause I know they were waiting till after the wedding date)! It made me wonder what was wrong with me.
    On that same note, I’m glad you (Pam) and your husband can be honest and open about the guilt that is associated with one-sided fertility issues. I had sent DH away on Sunday because I was feeling too neurotic and didn’t want to let him see me upset and have him feel it was his fault.

Kim, I’m glad you got to have that sense of accomplishment this past weekend, and I’m sure you’re place is looking great! I’m with Heather on the decorating front, I love having a room with a bunch of neutral color basic (they all need to be in the same hue though) and have one or two accent colors thrown in. Look around in a bunch of decorating magazines or watch a couple décor shows and pick and choose from what you like. I’m sure it’ll be fantastic when you’re done, especially since it’ll be representative of you and your husband!
    What’s happening with Lilly btw?

Heather, an hour drive is nothing compared to a week’s wait. I don’t blame you for taking that appointment. Thank you for the sweet words, I’ve been so emotional the past couple days, it was nice to hear. Oh and I love Cajun too, but being that I don’t eat red meat or seafood I’m very limited sometimes to what is offered at the restaurant. My favorite is Lebanese food! I used to have a coworker (old Lebanese woman that was nearing retirement that loved food!) that would bring me homemade dishes all the time Yummm, sooooooo good!

Andrea, I’m so happy to hear your dad is well enough to be released from the hospital! It must be such a relief, I hope he doesn’t go back to old food habits and is able to show your brother it can be done. My father has had several mini strokes in the past couple years and was told by his dr. that his life choices was the reason for his clogged carotid arteries (smoking, drinking, and bad eating habits) and to go home and wait for another stroke! (a hole!) Thankfully my father took another approach and quit smoking, drinks less, and eats way healthier! His cholesterol has gone way down. It can be done!

Welcome Luki! Best of luck in both the adoption and TTC front!

AFM, I know I’m only on 11dpiui and that’s still technically early, but my biggest freak outs have been because I’m on cd30, and AF normally shows between cd28-30! Every time I have a cramp I worry that AF showed, I cringe at going to the bathroom! I do have to admit that with every cramp over and still no AF the more and more hopeful I get.

But here has been my experience:

CD19 IUI – major cramping for 2 hours or so 3hours after IUI
    CD 20 1dpiui/ CD 24 5dpiui - mild cramping
    CD25 6dpiui/ CD27 9dpiui – heavier cramping, mild spotting, watery CM, very emotional and dip in temp on cd27, BFN
    CD28 10dpiui – nothing! BFN.
    CD29 11dpiui – mild cramping, nausea at night, temps back up, BFN.
    Today!

Sorry this was such a long post!

Ash
  • epa422
    Options
    Welcome, Luki! I hope the adoption process goes swiftly and that they are able to pinpoint the cause of your infertility.

History, I'm sorry if you did have a chemical pregnancy and I really don't mean this to sound harsh, so please don't take it that way. I don't really believe in the implantation dip. I get dips every cycle 7-9 dpo. Also all of the symptoms you were feeling could have just been from progesterone. That annoying little hormone causes both sets of symptoms. And higher levels can cause a longer luteal phase. I'm not sure which alternative would be better for you. I suppose you can choose whichever makes you feel better. Hang in there!

Ashley, did you end up Oing later this cycle due to the trigger and everything? If so, your cycle is going to be longer. The time from ovulation to AF shouldn't change by more than a day or so each cycle. And that is what causes variation to your cycles. So the more important thing to know is how long your LP is. Average is 14 days. So I would say you have a couple more days to wait. All this waiting... bah!
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    WHOA! It's MARCH! We need a new thread! Where's Pam? :wink:
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    Welcome, Luki! I wish you the best in your journey.

Pam, I completely understand the love of color! I grew up in a house that was all white walls and my mom never let me paint my room. (I have already told DH that our LO will be able to make it any color he/she wants! :laugh:) So now, kitchen desert tan with a medium green accent wall, living room (now) mint green with white trim, BRIGHT yellow bathroom with bright green and pink towels and a shower curtain that is striped with green pink blue gray black brown and white :happy: , and our bedroom used to be a medium/dark blue but we recently changed it to a very light cream (but I see a new paint color in the future LOL)

History, I'm sorry if you in fact did have a Chemical Pregnancy and I understand your feelings of not getting a BFP. I'm sure that would have been heart wrenching. But try not to over-analyze those charts! Great job on the weight loss though. Fingers crossed for a Dec. Baby!

Ash, thanks a bunch for the decorating advise! I truly stink at putting stuff together. We'll figure something out. Thanks for asking about Lilly too...My sister has to go to court Thursday to state her case. So we are really hoping we get her back by then! It's been over a month now! I miss her...:frown: You hang in there! :flowerforyou:

Erica, good job on your weight loss, even if it is a little! I am totally with you on losing and gaining the same 4lbs. I need to start over too! I have been hovering around 145 and 144 FOREVER! We can do this!

AFM~ BAD DAY!!!! :mad: AF showed again today!(CD13) I REALLY don't get it! Past cycles have been 34, 14, 24, 28, now 12!? I really thought it was starting to get regular. :sad: DH and I were SO excited to get things going but that b!tch decided to screw everything up right in the middle!
  • epa422
    Options
    Kim, have you thought about going back to the doctor. Based on those cycle lengths, I don't think you're ovulating. She might just have you chart temps for a few cycles, but there are other things they can do. I can't even imagine how frustrating this must be for you and your husband.
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    Kim, have you thought about going back to the doctor. Based on those cycle lengths, I don't think you're ovulating. She might just have you chart temps for a few cycles, but there are other things they can do. I can't even imagine how frustrating this must be for you and your husband.

Thanks Erica! I'm REALLY considering it! I'm going to see how long this one lasts, and go in and see what she can do. I'm so in the dumps right now I could scream! I think I could deal with BFNs much better than this! Its like we don't even have a chance to start the TTC process.