Fit for Future Families - February 2011

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Kim I'm sorry...I agree with Erica, I'd definitely make an appointment to go back and see the doctor. Glad to hear that there is some progress with Lilly! Hopefully she will be back home with mommy this weekend where she belongs!

Ash you aren't out yet! You are still in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for you BFP to come soon!

I woke up last night at 1:30am with cramping. I was scared out of my mind. I jumped up out of bed and went to the bathroom. I wasn't bleeding so I went back to bed. It got a little better. This morning I feel fine though. Evidently cramping is very normal throughout the first trimester. Just so happens to be the first sign of miscarriage....but also a very normal happening during a normal pregnancy as well....oh boy. I've very anxious to see the doctor tomorrow. I read that at about 6 weeks they can see a heart beat on ultrasound and that if they can see that then the chances of having the baby to term are 97%. I'll take those odds any day. Now I'm just trying to figure out a way to beg, plead, and possibly cry my way to get the doc to order the u/s. She too struggled with infertility so she might just feel my pain and order it. My insurance with pay for an early u/s if there is just cause. I'd say that I've had 2 miscarriages in 4 months and that I took Clomid is just cause...don't you?!

Hope you ladies are having a good Tuesday!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Heather, I don't think they can always see a heartbeat at six weeks. Usually that early, they can only see the sac and fetal poles. They really recommend waiting because often it causes more stress when you don't see anything on the early sonogram. I think it would freak me out more to pressure the doctor for an early sonogram and end up being one of the cases where they can't detect a heartbeat than wait. However, I also have a tipped uterus, so I'm likely one of those cases. I'm sure your doctor will have a better idea of when to check.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I read that at about 6 weeks they can see a heart beat on ultrasound and that if they can see that then the chances of having the baby to term are 97%. I'll take those odds any day. Now I'm just trying to figure out a way to beg, plead, and possibly cry my way to get the doc to order the u/s. She too struggled with infertility so she might just feel my pain and order it. My insurance with pay for an early u/s if there is just cause. I'd say that I've had 2 miscarriages in 4 months and that I took Clomid is just cause...don't you?!

I wish you were in QC right now, the clinic i go to already offered an u/s at both 6 & 8 weeks to chech the heart beat once i get a BFP. After the 8week u/s i will then be transfered over to the care of my regular gyno (or in my case find a new one).
    Fingers crossed that she can do it for you!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Ashley, did you end up Oing later this cycle due to the trigger and everything? If so, your cycle is going to be longer. The time from ovulation to AF shouldn't change by more than a day or so each cycle. And that is what causes variation to your cycles. So the more important thing to know is how long your LP is. Average is 14 days. So I would say you have a couple more days to wait. All this waiting... bah!

Because of my temps being always off I could never tell exactly when I was ovulating, but I believe I ovulated around the same time as I usually do but simply have a short LP (10-12 instead of the regular 14 days), this has been the reason i've been stressing about CD28-30. If i can make it through today and tomorrow i'll feel a lot more confident that this worked! Instead my body decided to scare me today by starting to spot yet again. I just want to know!
  • rosssm2
    rosssm2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

My name is Stephanie and I would love to join your group... I am currently trying to lose weight so that I can TTC starting in July. In the mean time I am learning all about BBT charting, tracking CM and all that good jazz. This is the first month I have done charting and I am already confused by my temps...So I look forward to learning from all of you.

AFM, I have one son, Luke who is 15 months old. I had a fairly good pg (no major complications) but had severe hip pain so I am hoping by losing I will have an even better pg the second time. I managed to lose all my baby weight but haven't gotten much further towards my goal...
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Welcomes newbies :flowerforyou:

Such a quiet board today!!!!!!!!!!! Hellooooooo! :bigsmile:
  • epa422
    Options
    Welcome Stephanie!

I think we were all waiting for Pam to put up a new thread. Maybe she already has and that's where everyone has gone?
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Nope - hadn't yet - forgot it was March :P Doing it now

Here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/183970-fit-for-future-families-march-2011

I was so busy today, this is the first time I'm logging in today
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're still missing some of you guys :D Don't forget to check out the new thread!!
  • MrsHinds7
    MrsHinds7 Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi! My name is Shannon and I am interested in joining this group! My husband has had cancer three times in three years so we can't have babies naturally anymore so we have to do IVF. Its expensive- like $15,000- so we've been applying for grants (very few available) and have been saving money. We know that once we have enough funding to afford it, that we have one shot, because it will be years before we can come up with that amount of money again. Anyways, so my goal is to lose 55-60lbs so that I am in the healthiest possible shape for the baby and of course me too!
  • epa422
    Options
    Shannon, come over to the March thread. The link is in Pam's post a few above this one.
  • MrsHinds7
    MrsHinds7 Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks! I'll re-post there!