Death to the Scale Challenge

Options
Can you do it? Do you have the will to stay away from the scale and let your other accomplishments be your motivation this month?

I thought this would help break some people from being what I call scale *kitten*. Everyday they are weighing themselves getting upset if they gain a few pounds not realizing that their bodies are showing them in other ways that what they are doing is working.

If you think you can go until March 1st without weighing in make it known. Even if you have a little self doubt why not just give it a try. Even a few days is a great accomplishment for some of us.

Lets check in daily with our progress so we can support each other.

Replies

• Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I am in. This will be hard. I hear the scale whispering my name every morning. It's easier to cut calories than ignore the voice.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    OMG until March 1st!? Gosh that's HARD! I only weigh in on the weekend so does that make me a weekend *kitten*? LOL I'm going to have to think about this. I haven't lost an ounce yet so I'm anxious to see progress on the scale, then again, it only depresses me anyway!
  • cheangela
    Options
    *Twitch, twitch* but... I need a scale-fix :-)
  • csmoronu
    Options
    I will try I am definitely that person that gets on the scale a thousand times a day for unknown reasons. Maybe hiding it will be my best option. But lets do it to it!!!!!
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my scale!!! I actually had my hubby bury my scale somewhere in one of the out buildings, and I can not find it! I have to go across town to my grandmother's house to weigh in, and I only get over there once a week. It keeps me honest, and keeps me from freaking out every day!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm putting my scale in the trunk of my car. Sad I know but I know when Saturday comes I might get a little weak :ohwell:
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I would have bought another one by now LOL
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I need to do this -- please count me in! I'm getting near the lowest weight I remember being, so I'm expecting MAJOR plateaus soon and the scale not moving will drive me to drink! I got all my measurements over the weekend, so i think I can handle a measuring once a week instead of the scale (which I will go on several times a day, fyi!)

Going to have to hide it DEEP in the closet!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    That wouldn't stop me if I knew where it was! :)
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    Lol. I was just thinking about having my brother take mine for a month but his big behind may break it
  • csc101769
    Options
    Hmmmm, I might have to try that........I think I can, I think I can!!!! I love the idea of getting the hubby to hide the scale, maybe I'll get my boyfriend to take mine to his house (an hour away from mine).
  • kpovich
    Options
    I need to do this! I am a scale *kitten*. I admit it.

I have reached my plateau and when I look at the scale each morning (I KNOW) it is demotivating to see little change... 2/10s point either way, give or take a nother 2/10s or so. My clothes fit better and I'm on the right track.

I will hold off weighing in until March 1st. Count me IN!!!!!!

O lord... what have I done???? LOL
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oooooo can I do this?? OMG I haven't even skipped a Sunday weigh in since Christmas. OK I'm gonna try, I may slip up though LOL. I don't have a husband to hide mine.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Give your scale to a friend and tell them not to return it until March 1st no matter how much you threaten them lol
  • caligirl86
    Options
    This is painful... But I think that its a smart idea... At least February is a short month.. I will try....
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    This is painful... But I think that its a smart idea... At least February is a short month.. I will try....

Thats what I was thinking. The shorter the month the better :smile:
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This is a hard one! But I will give it a try! Might not last a week though lol..
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this. I only weigh once a month anyway, but in January I was totally sabotaging myself and kept getting on the scale to see what the damage was. So now I have put away the scale for the month of February and staying on track!!!

Count me in!!!! :happy:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm in! I've worked out and watched cals all the month of January and have shown gains on the scale and only lost the first two weeks. I am slimming down, my clothes are loose....but from the muscle building at the gym I am showing gains. So yeah. No weighing for a month!

It will be a killer, but we can do it!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Ok ladies stay focus tomorrow. The scale is our enemy this month!!