Death to the Scale Challenge

Options

Replies

• marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did it! I didn't weigh myself last night or this morning! :) Got to keep going until the 1st of March
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I did it! I didn't weigh myself last night or this morning! :) Got to keep going until the 1st of March

Excellent! Hopefully it will get easier as the days go by.

I did wake up this morning and my mind went to weighing myself. I guess thats because I normally do that after using the bathroom. Breaking the habit will be like a mental cleanse :smile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    This is a great idea for people who are just starting or who are "stuck". I'm getting so close now, I think I will continue weighing. :)
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my challenge as I usually weigh myself on Fridays to keep myself on track on the weekend and Mondays used to be my official weigh in day.

My boyfriend has always been telling me to ignore the scale and go by how my body looks and feels, he says it always feels good to him....lol

This is really an exercise in willpower and self confidence. We need to put all of our confidence into ourselves and not let a number on the scale dictate who we are or our mood for the day.

Karen
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my challenge as I usually weigh myself on Fridays to keep myself on track on the weekend and Mondays used to be my official weigh in day.

My boyfriend has always been telling me to ignore the scale and go by how my body looks and feels, he says it always feels good to him....lol

This is really an exercise in willpower and self confidence. We need to put all of our confidence into ourselves and not let a number on the scale dictate who we are or our mood for the day.

Karen

You can do it Karen. That scale is the deliverer of emotional havoc. Too many highs and lows. BLAH to the scale!! LOL
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    Skipped again today. So far so good. Onlly 25 more days to go.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    Sometimes those last few pounds are the hardest and the slight fluctuations can drive you crazy. So this is a good idea when you are close.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I've stayed away from the scale so far...it will Sunday and Monday that are my hardest days to overcome as I usually weigh myself then. We can do it!!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I put mine in the linen closet and took out the batteries.
    I am definitely a scale *kitten*.
    I think it'll be more fun to see a huge drop in weight rather than .2 or .6.

6 -12 will look awesome!
  • kpovich
    Options
    I like the idea of putting it in the closet... AND with the batteries out. My scale sits right outside the shower and it's tempting to get on it right before I step into the shower. I'm going to put it in the linen closet tonight so it will beeeeee.... OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND!!!! :)

Stay strong everyone!!!!! :)
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Ladies we are doing such a great job! For those of you that normally weigh everyday twice a day you deserve a pat on the back. You made it 24 hours without giving in to your desire.

We are taking baby steps to a common goal!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    ***NOTE***

This is up to you so let me know. There was another thread create called Step Away From the Scale in February. I didn't know. If you want to combine the threads we can or we can just keep it the way its is. I'm on the fence. I don't want to loose anyone just in care they miss this post, but then I hate duplicate threads lol

You all let me know. I just want you all to stay strong.

If anyone is having any issues they want to discuss please post them. We are here to support each other!!

The other thread can be found here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165249-step-away-from-the-scale-in-february?page=2#posts-2224856
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ok. I had to get on the scale today ONLY because i had a doctors appt for my yearly female physical so i got on my scale to make sure i got an accurate number before I got on their scale. I did lose 3 lbs on both scales though!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! :happy:
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Ok. I had to get on the scale today ONLY because i had a doctors appt for my yearly female physical so i got on my scale to make sure i got an accurate number before I got on their scale. I did lose 3 lbs on both scales though!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! :happy:

Thats cool. You can start again today :bigsmile:

I have two appts next week but I'm going to get on the scale backwards lol My doctor and Nutritionist think I'm a silly girl already. Wait till they see that lol

I decided to do Zumba for the whole month and no other exercise to see how much I lose. I normally mix it up with the treadmill, weights and work out to dvds or the gaming system. We'll see how good I do March 1st.
    :smile:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I did it! Our scale is in the bathroom on the main floor and I just avoided it this morning.

I can do this!

Des I'm good with whatever you decide.

Karen
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ***NOTE***

This is up to you so let me know. There was another thread create called Step Away From the Scale in February. I didn't know. If you want to combine the threads we can or we can just keep it the way its is. I'm on the fence. I don't want to loose anyone just in care they miss this post, but then I hate duplicate threads lol

If anyone is having any issues they want to discuss please post them. We are here to support each other!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165249-step-away-from-the-scale-in-february?page=2#posts-2224856

Hi, Desirai! As the instigator of the other thread, I went ahead and posted telling people to come over here instead. This is a much more active group already, so I think that will work better all around.

As for anything else, howdy to you all! It's Friday, my normal weigh-in day, and I did NOT weigh. I did think about it while I was taking care of business in the bathroom this morning, though. I thought about it really hard. I even thought about jumping on there and just not admitting it to anyone. How crazy is that?! That scale still needs to be moved out of sight, and this weekend will be the time to do it.

Good luck, everyone!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I did it! Our scale is in the bathroom on the main floor and I just avoided it this morning.

I can do this!

Des I'm good with whatever you decide.

Karen

Yeaaa Karen!! Keep it up!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    ***NOTE***

Hi, Desirai! As the instigator of the other thread, I went ahead and posted telling people to come over here instead. This is a much more active group already, so I think that will work better all around.

As for anything else, howdy to you all! It's Friday, my normal weigh-in day, and I did NOT weigh. I did think about it while I was taking care of business in the bathroom this morning, though. I thought about it really hard. I even thought about jumping on there and just not admitting it to anyone. How crazy is that?! That scale still needs to be moved out of sight, and this weekend will be the time to do it.

Good luck, everyone!

oh ok. Thats cool. We all have the same agenda. Relieve ourselves of the scale!!

Its just something about that bathroom isn't it.? That thought even crossed my mind thats why I put that bad boy in the trunk of my car. I'm going to forget it even exist.....well at least try my best to.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Ok Ladies. Its the week-end. Are you strong enough to make it through today? Keep focus on March 1st!
  • jlsironen
    jlsironen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll sign up for two weeks ;) By then I might be out of the habit! Boy that change at the end of the month will be something! In just a few weeks I've lost 10, can't wait to see it keep comin' off during No Weigh February!