Death to the Scale Challenge

Options

Replies

• Emmylou852
    Options
    man! that will be hard! i am a compulsive weigher! i do it several times a day! this is really going to be hard! BUT! i have heard that it helps! so i'm gonna get on it one last time tonight! LOL
  • yacker678
    Options
    This sounds great, but I don't know if I can do it. Just thinking about it makes me really sad, but maybe it would do me some good. I am going to put my scale out of sight tomorrow. I hope this works. Holy cow I am addicted to the scale like I was addicted to food.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time. If you can make it 24 hours and you are a hourly weigher you have accomplished something!! There are no failures here!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Good Morning!! Ok the whole entire time I was in the bathroom that scale was calling my name. It was tying to coax me to it but I held strong. I had to start singing to myself to remove the thought from my head.

As you can see I forgot to put it in my trunk. It will be done today. I don't know if I could just walk past it tomorrow. lol
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am a scale addict! I weigh myself morning and night - stupid i know! Didn't lose much weight last month, maybe 2lbs at the most. I will try and stay off them until 1st March - perhaps i will get a big surprise when i do stand on them! xx
  • aholtz1
    Options
    Count me in, I am also a compulsive weigher...I weigh my self everyday and it gets really depressing, also I wanted to not focus so much on weight, but on the amount of body fat I have and I want to lose that more than worry about a number. So this month is a great month to start!

Here we go!!!!!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Y'all are very impressive! I'm not exactly a scale *kitten*, but I'm probably in the slutty neighborhood. :laugh:

I put off buying a scale the first month of my weight loss journey. Once I did and I saw the accomplishment, I find it easier to stay on track. So, I'm going to decline this challenge but I wish all of you the best of luck!!
  • csc101769
    Options
    I made it this morning without weighing myself....YAY!!!! My daughter pulled it out to weigh herself and I'm thinking the whole time, just put it up, get it out of my sight! lol.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I would like to commit to this too!

I have hypothyroidism and my weight goes up and down in a week more times than an elevator.

I am on week two of a 9 week training session so I am in.

Karen
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaaaay Ladies!! We can do this!! Lets focus on learning our bodies this month. Our bodies gives us tell tale signs when things are going on with us. Whether we are losing weight, retaining water, getting sick and such. When you wake up in the morning do a all systems check. Ask yourself questions such as:

How am I feeling this morning?
    I'm I well rested?
    Do I feel sluggish?
    Do I feel congested?
    Am I feeling bloated?
    Do I feel stiff?
    Should I stretch?

Let's get in tune with ourselves.

To those that aren't doing it thank you for your support. Its appreciate.
  • csmoronu
    Options
    So it's been A DAY and the scale is sitting in the middle of the kitchen haunting me. I guess it will prevent me from snacking all day long... having to pass by the haunting scale every time. Only 26 days left lets do it ladies
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Got up this morning and I couldnt even think of the scale! Too busy worrying about all the shoveling i had to do (i did count it as a workout though). 5 feet of snow!!!! :sad:
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I gave my scale to my daughter about a week ago. I did want to weigh for Feb. cause I have a goal of 3-5 pounds a month. But I'm going to give this a try.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Alright we are off to a good start.

Laughing at the scale thats in the middle of the kitchen. Its trying to double dare ya :bigsmile:

Shoveling snow is an awesome burn!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    I'm in. I gave my scale to my daughter about a week ago. I did want to weigh for Feb. cause I have a goal of 3-5 pounds a month. But I'm going to give this a try.

You were already prepared. hmmmm I still have to get my lil bugger in the trunk. :grumble:
  • caligirl86
    Options
    This is harder than giving up chocolate for Lent....
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Count me out!!! I use my scale everyday- not to get upset, but to keep better track of where I am. I would rather see that I gained .5 pounds today, than letting it go for a week and gaining 2. If I see a little upward movement in the scale, I know I need to do a better job daily with what I eat. Just my 2 cents.
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    i weight myself EVERY day....guess im a "scale *kitten*" :wink: BUT IM IN! i just bought a new scale when i joined the site, because my husband lost my other one in the garage!
    i think what i'll do is duct tape my scale to the fridge for the month 1) i cant weight myself standing on the fridge door 2) it'll remind me to stay outta the fridge when i "think" i need more to eat!
    im excited to see what this will do!

thanks for the great idea..... wish me luck to have the strength to walk away from the scale!
    Good luck ALL!
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I was removing dirty clothes from the kids bathroom and there underneath the pile was the other scale gazing longingly at me. J looked away and walked out without getting on. It was hard because in the mirror I look thinner.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Taping it to the frig now thats a good 1!

Scale hiding under dirty clothes is a set up!!

:bigsmile: