*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week #6 (CLOSED GROUP)

Replies

• klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Action for the day: No matter where you are in your journey, today you will persevere. Start over every time you stray from your plan. Start over as often as necessary.

This is great! Every DAY is a new start, a new beginning. This past week was really busy for me, and I let my exercise slide. On top of that, even though I stayed around my calorie range, I didn't get in many fruits and veggies. So maybe that explains why I was only down .6??? So . . . I'm starting over today. Back to regular cardio. Back to healthy, natural foods. Thanks for the encouragement!

And thanks for your posts, Krystle. You have many friends here!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    For everyone:
    My emotion cannot control everything else anymore. I have to get back on track with exercise and good food for my body.
    This reminded me of something. I was once told that I should read THE INNER GAME OF TENNIS to help improve my singing. (There is now an Inner Game of Music book, but it's the same story.) It talks about how we have 2 selves - one that is powered by ego, and the other by spirit. The ego is our self talk - it tries to talk us out of things, tell us we aren't good enough, and basically make us fail, so that we will see that it was right all along. In this mess of thoughts, our spirit self (I can't remember if this is what he calls it in the book, but it's the general idea), wants what is truly best for us, but it doesn't speak in words, so it is overpowered by the ego. It speaks in emotions and feelings, so we have to listen to those when our ego gets out of control. The book talks about how to maximize our usage of the 2 selves. It's a great book for anything you want to accomplish really!

www.theinnergame.com
  • Steph_135
    glittersoul... Congrats on the inches!!! :drinker:

vlevasseur... Great job on staying positive! :flowerforyou:

Mollie... You can do it! Stay focused on the goal, and what you need to do to get there.

addisyn... How do you like Turbo Jam? Is it intense? I've had my eye on it for a while.
    Action for the day: No matter where you are in your journey, today you will persevere. Start over every time you stray from your plan. Start over as often as necessary.
    Start over every morning before you get out of bed. Set yourself on the right path before your feet even touch the floor. :heart:
    Every DAY is a new start, a new beginning.
    :laugh: klwa said it right!! :drinker:
  • I am down 1.4 lbs which isn't a lot but I met my first mini goal by losing 55 lbs total YAY me... now I can get my reward for that which is the EA Active sports 2 game for the Wii... I"m excited to get it as it will help me even further my success.

this week I need to step up the workouts to a little longer and try for twice a day and drink more water. Good job with your success everyone!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    I gained this week 2.8lbs. I'm OK with that. I will keep on keeping on! I think is water weight.

I'm not understanding this whole net calories thing. Never noticed it before which you would like I would have since I have been at this over 400 days. But pretty much what it looks like it is you exercise and it takes calories away then tell you that you need to eat all those calories back. Which doesn't make sense if you are trying to lose weight. Yes I generally eat some on them back and maybe it is because my calories intake is 1200 for the day so it says I'm not eating enough. What is everyone else daily calories set at? Should I up my calories to

My goals for the week
    1. Exercise every day burning at least 500 calories.
    2. Drink 12 glasses of water a day.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    :smile: Happy Saturday Snowflakes!!! I am so proud of each and every one of you for all of the determination and committment you have in reaching your goals!!! It is so amazing to be a part of such an amazing group of strong motivated women:happy: I am so proud to be a snowflake :) Pretty soon we will all be little Sunshines :happy: I love each and every one of you and I seriously can not thank you all enough for all of the support you all give me!!!

As far as my weigh in this week i was 161 which means I am down .5 from last friday (but I did cheat and weigh last Sunday and i was 160.5--so up .5 from that) Anywho I am proud of a .5 loss this week!! I am seriously surprised I had a loss at all!! (i was a bit of a slacker this week :blushing: ) I didnt work out on Sunday, Monday, or Thursday :noway: I know this is crazy coming from me who couldnt get enough working out like two weeks ago....I think I am just getting a little burned out, since I have basically stopped Zumba just so I can do my Biggest Loser DVD (which is not fun at all :laugh: it kicks my butt but I really want to do 30day shred next month so I am hoping this will help me to prepare for it) It does suck though because it is taking away my motivation because its not fun!!! :wink:

Anyway everyone have a wonderful amazing weekend!! I know i will!! Tomorrow is my 23rd Birthday :happy: Woo HOO which means i am sure to be over on cals but hey i am totally fine with that :laugh: Maybe I will do a big workout in the morning before i go out but if i dont ....what the hell!? its my birthday and Im gonna party like its my birthday!!! :laugh:
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    I lost 1 lb this week for a total of 8.2 lbs in the first month of the challenge. I also lost almost 8 " since the beginning of the challenge! I'm VERY happy with both of the numbers and I'm hoping for more of the same in February! :smile:
  • Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Well my weight seems to be coming off slow but steady, a pound here a pound there but I'm happy with that. 5 pounds off so far since the Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge started on January 1st. I have to remember I didn't put it on overnight and It's not going to come off overnight either! :D
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 666 Member
    I am down 1.4 lbs which isn't a lot but I met my first mini goal by losing 55 lbs total YAY me... now I can get my reward for that which is the EA Active sports 2 game for the Wii... I"m excited to get it as it will help me even further my success.

this week I need to step up the workouts to a little longer and try for twice a day and drink more water. Good job with your success everyone!

Congrats on meeting your minigoal! :) You'll have to let us know how the game turns out :)
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Hi Snowflakes, I love reading all the positive reinforcement from our group. I sat down feeling like I'll never get there, but now realize I lost 8 pounds since I started the Snowflakes, and that is better than I have done in a long, long time. So now I am smiling and thinking positively about what a great montyh of weight loss February is going to be!!! Thanks so much, Krys T for starting this and helping me get there!!
  • Steph_135
    OverW8nomore... Yay! You made a mini goal. That's great! I've seen a couple of those this week. :bigsmile:

I was taken on a surprise family trip to visit my relatives for a birthday celebration, so my eating today was all over the place, and my calories are through the roof! Cake, donuts (just one, thank goodness, but it was more than enough!!), and McDonalds!!! I feel double defeated, because I even BROUGHT healthy food with me so that I wouldn't be tempted to eat anything high-calorie and filled with sugar. Ugh. :explode: No workout was completed, either. I really need to bring it around tomorrow, and start the 30 Day Shred.

You guys are keeping me strong and helping me remember what's important. :glasses: I wish I could carry you all in my pocket.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Happy Saturday Snowflakes! I am really happy to see all the positive energy and optimism on the threads. It is really awesome to see that everyone is honing in on what weight loss is all about. It is so much a change of attitude and switching your outlook.

I always say that in life it is so much easier to give up on something...but it takes a very strong person to stick something out in order to succeed! I really feel like Snowflakes to Sunshine is an awesome analogy for this group..and this journey. If you think about it, snowflakes are beautiful but delicate, fragile, and vulnerable. But the sunshine is bright, bold, and long lasting...and that is exactly what we are all going to be by the end of this...regardless of losing the 40lbs. We are all going to end this challenge (although, not losing touch) stronger, brighter, and with the ability to truly shine!

Ok that is enough of my English degree talking! LOL Always, have to be so analytical lol. But I decided to take today off from exercise, I realized that I realized 5 days straight...so my muscles are definitely feeling it! Back on it tomorrow morning before the Super Bowl!

Love you guys!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Hi Snowflakes!

First of all I want to thank all of you. I have been a weight loss failure for so long that I felt when I signed up for this challenge that I will probably not follow through or complete it, because usually I don't.... but this time it is different. I feel like this time I have friends that are sharing my journey and want the same things I do and WE WILL DO THIS! Your support means a lot.

How do I feel about this week? I am down only .3. Not much, but know what?! I am proud of it. I have not been able to lose weight in the last 5 years, no matter how hard I have tried. I would like to see more, but don't really know what to do more. Maybe work out more. Be more careful with what I am eating? I am exercising everyday, for at least 30 mins a day and am always under my calorie goal. I don't always eat my exercise cals, but sometimes I eat part of them.

What will I do this week? I am going to continue working out every day (EA Sports 2 on the Wii--- I love it) and I am going to get out walking more, although it is very cold these days (I am in Ottawa, ON). My husband signed me up for a 10k the last weekend in May, so I am going to start training. I am walking, not running by the way.

I wish you all a wonderful week.

Christina
  • Krys_T
    Bump
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    This is a very positive group of Snowflakes!!!

Krys I love the analogy you posted about snowflakes and snow! Thanks.

Steph_135,
    Thanks so much! !

I just read the posts and they are so encouraging!! We can do this. It is just important that we don't give up. If we hang in there we can do anything including shed these pounds. Success is never giving up! Happy Sunday everyone!
  • Steph_135
    I'm trying out the 30 Day Shred, and it is killer! For the first time in weeks, I feel like I've actually gotten a great workout again! :bigsmile:
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    I'm trying out the 30 Day Shred, and it is killer! For the first time in weeks, I feel like I've actually gotten a great workout again! :bigsmile:

Steph, me too! I don't have weights yet so I've been using soup cans, lol. I've even made my boyfriend do it with me yesterday too! He thought it might be a "woman's thing" but the exercises are classic and challenging for anybody. I love how short it is too. :happy: Are you doing it every day? We're supposed to do Level 1 for 10 days and then Level 2 for 10, right?
  • Krys_T

Steph, me too! I don't have weights yet so I've been using soup cans, lol. I've even made my boyfriend do it with me yesterday too! He thought it might be a "woman's thing" but the exercises are classic and challenging for anybody. I love how short it is too. :happy: Are you doing it every day? We're supposed to do Level 1 for 10 days and then Level 2 for 10, right?

I will give you all a tip..definitely try your hardest to do it 10 straight days to build up your endurance. I use to do it for 2 or 3 days and then take a week off and try to come back to it, and it KILLS to do that because Level 2 is no joke!! But it is a great burn for 25 minutes for sure! Make sure you both tell us how its going!
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    I came up with a more scientific color break down for the spreadsheet progress updates.

This also caters to members who mentioned that they be happy with less than 40 pounds lost.
    Now you can see the amount you are on track to lose by our June weigh-in. :happy:
    The colors won't change again, so you can use this as a consistent tracker.

(...But be warned, I may give each group stupid nicknames in the future... :tongue: )

Post is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/169102--snowflakes-to-sunshine-progress-new-format
  • Steph_135
    Soup cans! Nice... I used 3 lb weights, which were just enough. I don't want to get too optimistic, but I do have the option of moving up to 5 lbs as well. I love my little dumbbells. You might want to invest in some. I might need to get heavier ones for general training purposes. (:laugh: A "woman's thing"!) And yes, I will be doing it everyday, although I have an interview at the end of the month that's quite a drive away, so I may not do it for that one day... (Sorry, there's so much to reply to!) AND, I'm not sure about the levels thing. I think the idea is that you move up to level 2 when you are ready. No need to rush it if you are still being challenged. :glasses:
This discussion has been closed.