*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week #6 (CLOSED GROUP)

Replies

• Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    The Biggest losers "Last Chance Workout" with Jillian...
    EDIT: forgot to mention that I found the workout on on demand..provided by my cable company. I don't have the dvd so I don't know what level it is, however, I do know it's 27 minutes w/o warm-up or cool-down. overall, it's a great workout!
  • The Biggest losers "Last Chance Workout" with Jillian...
    EDIT: forgot to mention that I found the workout on on demand..provided by my cable company. I don't have the dvd so I don't know what level it is, however, I do know it's 27 minutes w/o warm-up or cool-down. overall, it's a great workout!

awesome thanks I am going to check and see if its on demand ... if not i wonder if I could get it from netflix to try
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Good Afternoon Snowflakes! This day at work is going by sooooooo slow. I really just want to get home and work out. Stepped on the scale today ( I know I shouldn't have) and had a little gain ...but no biggy, going to work it out the rest of this week and look for any loss. I don't need to pull another 5lb week (although, it would be nice) I did notice that I was a little sore though, so it may be a little water rentention.

Goals For The Rest of The Week:

Tuesday- Zumba Cardio DVD and 20 minutes Abs
    Wednesday-Zumba Sculpt and Time
    Thursday-20 Minute Express and 20 minute Abs
    Friday-Zumba Cardio
    Saturday- Sculpt and Tone and 20 Minute Abs

I am feeling a little sleepy throughout the day, so I am going to make sure I get my 8 hours in tonight for sure! Not cooking, going to do some Chipotle.

I know this may be TMI....but, I was really thinking about getting a colonic aka hydrotherapy. I just feel like I need to "cleanse" I don't know, just a thought LOL And they aren't expensive. They say that you should do one at least twice a year. Hmmm we will see, I was going to ask my doctor about it next time I go.

Anywho, everyone have a wonderful day!
  • Good Afternoon Snowflakes! This day at work is going by sooooooo slow. I really just want to get home and work out. Stepped on the scale today ( I know I shouldn't have) and had a little gain ...but no biggy, going to work it out the rest of this week and look for any loss. I don't need to pull another 5lb week (although, it would be nice) I did notice that I was a little sore though, so it may be a little water rentention.

Friday-Zumba Cardio

I am feeling a little sleepy throughout the day, so I am going to make sure I get my 8 hours in tonight for sure! Not cooking, going to do some Chipotle.

I know this may be TMI....but, I was really thinking about getting a colonic aka hydrotherapy. I just feel like I need to "cleanse" I don't know, just a thought LOL And they aren't expensive. They say that you should do one at least twice a year. Hmmm we will see, I was going to ask my doctor about it next time I go.

Do you just do zumba or do you mix it up with other things?

And girl are you brave if you get a colonic! The thought scares me .... I tried these pills that were supposed to clean you out, they were organic and my god .... *shudder* I guess with the colonic its quick and over with. I always wondered about it but not brave to try.
  • It's really slow here at work too. The day is just tick, ticking away. I've got my first Run For God class tonight and I really don't feel like running today. It's cold and the only workout pants I have suitable for running are like windpants. No lining in them whatsoever. I'm going to freeze. Plus I forgot to bring my regular jacket and only have a sweater. I know once I get running I should warm up, but just the thought of getting started. And I'm already so tired because I have been up since around 3 am. I'm ready to crash. But I know I will feel good once I get it over with. I brought my HRM with me so I will know how many calories I am burning.
  • Positively_Me

I heard, from Dr. oz, that your body cleanses it self out every time you use the restroom. If you are eating the recommended fiber grams (25 - 30 g for women) then the "colonc" is a waste of money. what ever weight you lose (mostly water) it comes back with in days. jJUst my two cents...

I will find you the link, on his website, when he talked about it on his show. I am about to go pick up my son right now. bbl.
  • Positively_Me
    Krystle, I hope the video will help you make a decision on whether you should or shouldn't go through with it...

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/alternative-health-what-works-pt-2
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Wel its another snow day here in west tennessee but . . .. . .. . I did get a great workout in this morning!! My DH took me to the fitness center for the morning class. The instructor and I were the only ones there and I now know why people pay good moning for personel session!! I was a great class and a great workout!!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Good afternoon everyone..

Even though I love my job, some days I really just don't feel like teaching! Today was one of those days. But I just wanted to say good afternoon to everyone.

I was playing with the calculator and I realized it took me 29 months to gain 52 pounds. That's was nearly 2 pounds a month, almost .5 lbs a week. Thus far in this challenge, I've lost 4.4 pounds so I am losing it at twice the speed I gained. So I've decided that that means I'm ahead. I've also stayed off the scale. It reminds me of that cartoon where one little girl is standing next to another one as she is about to step on the scale and says, "Don't do it, it will make you cry". That's my new approach. I am not going to cry over my old 220 pictures when I was half-way to my ultimate goal and blew it. I am starting to acknowledge that I was going through some really tough experiences (a failed marriage, a transnational move and the final stages of a graduate program) but I am now making new ways of coping with stress and pain. I have not been punishing myself with workouts but rather enjoying zumba and yoga. And you know what, I feel amazing. I mean, really amazing. I look back on the last two years and accomplished so much and I am not going to look at this weight loss journey as a final frontier but as a new beginning. I am so incredibly thankful to all of you for being there right with me.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    posted this in the weigh-in thread on accident:

so i've been in a funk the last few weeks from not losing. i wanted to give up at times, but i didn't. however last week i didn't make the best food decisions which is why i didn't lose. this week, my plan was to kick it up a notch or two and really make sure i was giving it my all in my workouts and my food choices. i went to trader joe's and bought a ton of great foods filled w/ fiber and protein. i was pretty excited to get back into the groove of things and see a good loss... until yesterday morning when i woke up with a sore throat/ chest congestion/ gross cough. i think it may be a case of bronchitis, but i'm really praying it goes away asap. i ended up working out last night pretty hard because i was in denial that i was sick, but it probably wasn't the best idea. i'm going to take it easy today and focus on getting better. what a bummer though, seriously. i'm praying i can see a good loss still next monday! fingers crossed.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    I will give you all a tip..definitely try your hardest to do it 10 straight days to build up your endurance. I use to do it for 2 or 3 days and then take a week off and try to come back to it, and it KILLS to do that because Level 2 is no joke!! But it is a great burn for 25 minutes for sure! Make sure you both tell us how its going!
    Thanks for the tip Krys!! I do need to try my hardest to get to 5, let alone 10, (let alone 30!!). I feel good now, but it takes my body 24 hours (to the minute, almost) to feel fatigued from my workouts. So tomorrow will be really bad... :bigsmile: (me now) --> :sad: (me tomorrow)

LOL I know...you will be sore for sure...but you will see results for sure.

I so agree, Krystle! I would give the same advice to anyone starting 30DS. I'm on Day 28 and LOVE it! You just need to fight through the first four days. That is when I was most sore. Even when I moved to the other levels, the soreness I had at the beginning of those wasn't nearly as bad as the first Level. I am on Day 28, but had one day off during Level 2 because of my shin and my ankle hurting and one day off during Level 3 because I was sick.

You can so do this!!! We're all here to support you! :flowerforyou: I'm thinking of doing another cycle of 30 DS when I finish up Thursday. I'll give myself Friday off then start again on Saturday. One thing I can say is that the only week I had a gain during the challenge was the week when I started the shred. Don't let that discourage you!! I'm losing inches, and I feel so much stronger. :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member

I heard, from Dr. oz, that your body cleanses it self out every time you use the restroom. If you are eating the recommended fiber grams (25 - 30 g for women) then the "colonc" is a waste of money. what ever weight you lose (mostly water) it comes back with in days. jJUst my two cents...

I will find you the link, on his website, when he talked about it on his show. I am about to go pick up my son right now. bbl.

My doctor told me the same thing on the colonic.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    I put on my pants today, after they had gone through the laundry, and you know how clothes are tighter when the come out of the dryer? Well these pants I have really, really cut into my waist. I've taken to not buttoning the top, because they dig in so much. So today, I took them from the drawer, but them on, and they did up very nicely. :bigsmile: I was very excited. I've been eating pretty well for almost 2 weeks now, so it must be from that, cause I only just started working out again.
    LOL I know...you will be sore for sure...but you will see results for sure.
    Sooo sore! It hurts to stand up.
    Don't worry about that job Krys. Something better will come along. If you are meant to get it, you will. Try your best, and be your wonderful self. I love your self-confidence! PS - Those inches are nuts! I've lost one from my waist this past year, which brought me to what Dr. Oz says is a healthy measurement. :bigsmile:

Get in that gym Mollie!!

I just want to say thanks to Steph for this post!:flowerforyou:

Last night I was watching the news and they said how cold it was going to be this morning. I said I am not going to club and I am going to stay up late and watch TV and do a DVD in the morning. Well I was on line and checked this thread and saw this post and remembered that I had posted I was going to the club everyday for the rest of the week. How quickly we forget!:laugh: So I lol and got up and went to bed so I could get up this morning and go to the gym.

I am happy to report I made it to the gym early and had a awesome workout! I almost burned 1000 calories. I just had to leave so I could get to work on time. It was one of those days when you are feeling great and if you had the time you would put in another 30 min!!

The Snowflakes to Sunshine group a totally awesome group! I am loving the support and positive vibes from all. It has been slow at work this week so I have more time to support the thread this week!!

Keep rocking and melting away those pounds! Friday will be here in a few days!! I have 2 pounds to go to be in the 340's and I plan to be there if is in my power to do so.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    GROUP QUESTION:

I totally love and get a kick out of the little button that states how much I would weigh if I eat like this for 5 weeks! :heart:

Do any of you love this button like I do? :laugh:

Like this morning I hit it once I mapped out my food for today and I take out my exercise calories by using the add calories button (-972) and my little button said 328 something if I ate like this for 5 weeks and I have been on a high all day and I plan to make sure I stick with my plan today so my little button will have me in the 320's in 5 weeks! And this is the 1st time I have seen it say the 320's too, just another confirmation I am coming on down the road.

Is it just me?:ohwell: Please share, I know there is somebody else in this group who loves that nice little baby!:love:
  • Krys_T
    GROUP QUESTION:

I totally love and get a kick out of the little button that states how much I would weigh if I eat like this for 5 weeks! :heart:

Like this morning I hit it once I mapped out my food for today and I take out my exercise calories by using the add calories button (-972) and my little button said 328 something if I ate like this for 5 weeks and I have been on a high all day and I plan to make sure I stick with my plan today so my little button will have me in the 320's in 5 weeks! And this is the 1st time I have seen it say the 320's too, just another confirmation I am coming on down the road.

Is it just me?:ohwell: Please share, I know there is somebody else in this group who loves that nice little baby!:love:

I totally love the button! Because at this point it is all ONEderland numbers! LOL You are not the only one hun!
  • Krys_T
    Good Afternoon Snowflakes! This day at work is going by sooooooo slow. I really just want to get home and work out. Stepped on the scale today ( I know I shouldn't have) and had a little gain ...but no biggy, going to work it out the rest of this week and look for any loss. I don't need to pull another 5lb week (although, it would be nice) I did notice that I was a little sore though, so it may be a little water rentention.

Friday-Zumba Cardio

Do you just do zumba or do you mix it up with other things?

And girl are you brave if you get a colonic! The thought scares me .... I tried these pills that were supposed to clean you out, they were organic and my god .... *shudder* I guess with the colonic its quick and over with. I always wondered about it but not brave to try.

I just do Zumba right now and I just started doing free weights every 2 days. I just love Zumba so much that I never get bored with it! LOL...But I am probably going to buy, "The Biggest Loser"Cardio Max DVD for weekend workouts or something. Just to kind of give myself some variance in work outs because I need to lose these thighs! LOL
  • Krys_T
    Krystle, I hope the video will help you make a decision on whether you should or shouldn't go through with it...

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/alternative-health-what-works-pt-2

Thank you! Yeah, I wasn't doing it for weight loss purposes...I just wanted to see if it will help my upper abdomial region feel less "stuffed" LOL I don't know how to describe the feeling. But I am probably just going to up the fiber and protein!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    I'm sticking to my goals so far this week ~ burning at least 500 calories and drinking 12 cups of water every day. I was right about the month friend visiting soon they popped in today! I'm feeling great this week!!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    GROUP QUESTION:

I think everyone does! It's so motivating!! :smile:

I love seeing the 180s to keep me on track!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    I am feeling good this week too Laura!! Tom is something else, but the nice thing about TOM is he goes away and if we keep our eating in line, so will the water pounds.....:-) Keep up the good work!

I did not make it to the gym today but I am on track. I should have went this morning because it is going to be colder tomorrow!! But I have to go tomorrow to get that last chance workout in before Friday. I am going to do a Leslie Sansone DVD in a few minutes.

I must share I peeked at the scale today and I am at 349 and that was my goal this week to get into the 340's. I have not been in the 340's in 2 years!!:bigsmile: It felt good to see that number on my scale!! So needless to say I am pumped! One more pound and I will have lost 40 of 80 pounds I regained after having weight loss surgery in 2004. It has been a struggle getting this regained weight off but I am going to do it and I am doing it this year too!! My goal for the year is to get under 300 if I do nothing else this year.

This challenge and group has really helped to keep me focused on my goals. The accountability is so motivating. The chart is even more helpful since I am a numbers girl too!! So thanks and hugs to all of you!!! Especially KrysT and Eyesee......:-)

2 more days!! Get those last workouts in!

I usually weigh in on Saturday's but this week I am going to weigh in on Friday since I am dropping out of the other challenge I was in. Too many weigh in's to keep up with. I am in 2 and that is enough to keep me mindful and focused.

Happy hump day all!!!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.