123457»

Replies

• obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    my hometown is Degilbo
    which is Obliged backwards
    it used to really help me as a kid to remember how to spell them :laugh:

but i wanna change it to "Aussielibra" but i already have changed it once:frown:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    because i live a life less evident- i use this name for a lot of things, comes from a poem i wrote about 8 years ago, such is me:ohwell:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    :cry:

Reading back through these and seeing how many of these people don't post anymore!

WHERE ARE YOU, GUYS! COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE! y4tsearch.gif

WE MISS YOU! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    My niece couldn't pronounce my name when she was younger - she called me shashee (my name is Sheila and most people would find that easier to pronounce!!), that got shorten to shash in college and od is the initials of my surname.

My niece is 16 now and I keep reminding her what a cute 1-year-old she was!
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    My husband said I can be gentle when I'm in the right mood but since my moods change like night and day, he named me after the movie "Ladyhawk".
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    MJF are my initials
    er was added because MJF123 was short and taken back in the starting days of AOL.
    its basically a continuation of my last name (filmer)
    the 123 is meaningless

I get a lot of questions about what it means though, most people think its something dirty because of the MFer and wonder what the J is for.
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Because I look like all those guys on the infomercials in the before pics.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Nuttin special really... Jamerz is a pretty standard nickname for me, and 3294, well, that's the last 4 digits of my phone number! :laugh: I use that user id on a lot of sites, so it's easy for me to remember.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Pink is my favourite colour. And toque is the greatest word of all time. As an American living happily ever after in Canada, I can actually tell you what a 'toque' is! It was not a word I was familiar with in the states. It's a Canadian word (English spelling variant) of a winter hat! I dunno what all you call winter hats -- beanies, toboggans, (though that always seemed like the sled to me) or just woolen hat -- the word toque is a hat basically, in Canada. And usually more on the winter hat side, though there is reference to it being used as a chef's hat, too. The French variant is spelled 'tuque.' When I met my husband 7 years ago (he's Canadian) he used the word one time (along with mukluks) and I just instantly fell in love with the word. It just rolls off the tongue and it looks so pleasing and interesting with that 'qu' in there. "Toque" is my online persona and nickname, and most every site I have or use is "pinktoque" -- my gaming website is pinktoque.com and my craft blog is pinktoque.blogspot.com. I use the username of pinktoque on every site I use, like photobucket, flickr, deviantART, youtube, etc! It just fits me :D

And speaking of toques, I knitted little tiny toques and turned them into Christmas ornaments to give all of my family members back in the states at Christmas last year with a tag attached that had the definition of what a toque is, etc. (like a dictionary entry) to teach more Americans the greatest word in all the world ;) Toques will slowly but surely take over the world as the coolest word ever!

You asked. I rambled. LOL <3
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    Mine stands for a Javan cub which is a tiger that originated in China and now has become extinct. It was one of the largest breeds. I think theres now only 5 tiger breeds in the entire world now compared to 15 many years ago. I love tigers.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    It's my nickname (real name Michelle). It means Litte Bear. ::: rrrarrr :::
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I had a candle one time that was the scent of rosemary and mint. I loved the smell of that candle, and I have never been able to find another. :sad: I still look, though, everywhere I see scented candles. Someday I'll find it...than I'll buy as many as I can.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My grandfather always called me petunia when I was a little girl, and even when I got older and had a family of my own...

He passed away last year, and I realized that no one called me that anymore... :brokenheart: so, this is my way of making him live on, and to remember him...