Maybe TMI... how much do you think boobs weigh?

Options

Replies

• hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have wondered this many times myself! The largest I ever was..38H when I was pregnant. Now about a 36F. Before children and after my first I was a 34D and I thought that was big at the time..HA! I can only hope that losing a few lbs. (20 lbs) and some more exercise and they will decrease to something a bit more reasonable. I have stiff shoulders all the time, severe lower back pain and the permanent indentations on my shoulders thanks to the expensive space age material bras that are needed to hold these darn things!! UGH! I would be all for a reduction if that don't go down on their own after losing some weight. Luckily my husband is well aware of how painful this is for me, not to mention the dreaded SWIMSUIT SHOPPING..OMG that's a nightmare! I swear they make swimsuits to fit a 34B no matter if the suit is a size 6 or a size 18!
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    This is funny, I've wondered that myself, The weight of a turkey sounds crazy but funny.
    How can you lose inches in your ribs size(band) but gain in cup. I want to lose both, can't afford to get a larger cup size, the girls are big enough.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    This is funny, I've wondered that myself, The weight of a turkey sounds crazy but funny.
    How can you lose inches in your ribs size(band) but gain in cup. I want to lose both, can't afford to get a larger cup size, the girls are big enough.

The cup size is in relation to the band size so a 34B and a 36A can have the same bust measurement. I wear 36A/34B depending on the brand :tongue: so I don't really have a boob weight problem ^u^v

Though in Taiwan sizes, I am a 75D/80C haha :laugh: but the cup increments are much smaller than in America!
  • POOKIE19
    Options
    Holy smacks! I thought my 36 DDD were huge but that sounds so small compared to G, H, and J!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Did some quick research and found an article on the physics of bras. It said a d-cup ranged from 15-23 pounds and compared it to two small turkeys!

This doesn't sound right to me at all.. i'm a 34D and i don't think they could possibly weigh more than 5 pounds!

I agree with you! 5lbs sounds more accurate. There's no way 15-23 of my lbs are from my boobs. I'd say more like 5-6/boob.

Here is the info on the article I had found. Couldn't copy/paste it in here last night because I was on my phone. It is called "The Physics of Bras: Overcoming Newton's second law with better bra technology" from Discover Magazine in 2005.
    http://discovermagazine.com/2005/nov/physics-of-bras

"One side effect of the obesity epidemic in America is rarely noted: Women's chests are expanding nearly as fast as their bellies. Poor eating habits, as well as breast implants and the estrogens in birth-control pills, have led to an increase in the past 15 years of more than one bra size for the average American woman—from a 34B to a 36C. For many women, this has been a burdensome trend. A pair of D-cup breasts weighs between 15 and 23 pounds—the equivalent of carrying around two small turkeys. The larger the breasts, the more they move and the greater the discomfort. In one study, 56 percent of women suffered from breast pain when jogging."
  • Melisha82
    Options
    hahaha... seriously though.. boobs are heavy!!!
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    Holy smacks! I thought my 36 DDD were huge but that sounds so small compared to G, H, and J!

I'd be happy to be a 36DDD again, and I thought I was big then. HAHAHA
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    According to Women Health, women lose one cup size every ten to fifteen pounds they lose. - not exactly the answer but closer to what you can guess.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    According to Women Health, women lose one cup size every ten to fifteen pounds they lose. - not exactly the answer but closer to what you can guess.
    Not entirely accurate... I've lost 55 pounds and gone from a 44F to a 38G.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't know, maybe if you let me hold them I could tell you... lol..
    I had too! Come on. I have no idea? Try putting them on a scale? Is that even possible?
    Too Funny! lmao
  • ANewDawne
    Options
    Did some quick research and found an article on the physics of bras. It said a d-cup ranged from 15-23 pounds and compared it to two small turkeys!

This doesn't sound right to me at all.. i'm a 34D and i don't think they could possibly weigh more than 5 pounds!

I agree with you! 5lbs sounds more accurate. There's no way 15-23 of my lbs are from my boobs. I'd say more like 5-6/boob.

I agree. I'm a 36D and I think they're 5lb each at the most. Can you imagine the back pain from lugging around 15-23 pounds!?
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I have always wondered this myself. I am currently a 40G. At my smallest about 140 pounds size 8, I was a 36 DDD. I do wonder how much of my weight is contributed to my chest. I have even had friends say to me that I appear heavier than I am because my chest is so large and it is frustrating that I have to buy clothes several sizes larger than the rest of my body so that my chest can fit in them.

I completely understand why you made this post.

When I was really skinny, about 118, I was a DD. So I have always been big!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction a couple years ago, I went from a 38H to a 38DD and they took off 6lbs on each side. So 12lbs and I'm still a DD
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am sooo going to have my husband read this. I have lost 18 pounds. The band of my bra is getting bigger, but the cups are feeling tighter. When I mentioned this to hubs the other day he told me it was impossible for the band to get smaller and the cups bigger. He said it was in my head.:laugh:
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    also, having big boobs sucks when you are trying to jog or do jumping jacks. I seriously almost knocked myself out trying to jog the other day. I ordered an enell sports bra, hoping that will contain the girls enough so I can jog. I have a 52 f. HUGE!!!
  • driver_10
    Options
    This thread is so much "win". The only country I know where we describe boobs by the pound.

Oh yeah...America FTMFW! :)
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I can't tell you how many times I have tried to figure out a way to get an honest weight on the twins. I am currently a 38DD and hubby guesses that they weigh about 4-5 lbs. apiece. Before I had my children I was a DDD and was in a size 3 jeans...I felt like a total freak. So far with the weight I have lost the twins don't seem to be getting smaller yet but my bra is getting loser in the band.
    I can't imagine what it would be like to have to lug around a J cup all day :noway:
  • ilyenakitty
    Options
    i know that my doctor told me to add 35-40 lbs to my ideal weight (135) in order to find my Actual Ideal Weight... so i am supposed to be 175-180 based on a 36N-38P (fluctuates depending on cycle and time of year).

unfortunately i can't find insurance that i can afford, so a reduction is out of the question without help.... unless there are government programs out there to help...

all of my lumbar vertebrae, my pelvis, my hip joints, my knees, my ankles, my shoulders (from making do with smaller cup bras), and some of my upper vertebrae between my shoulders are really bad... the back knees and hips have been limiting my ability to work, but i still am trying!
  • rachelrrl
    rachelrrl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've wondered this myself, I wear a 38HH. I wore the wrong bra size for years so I'm not really sure what the size difference will be for me at a smaller size (since in the past, when I was smaller, I was wearing the wrong sizes).
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Not a good conversation going on here. Who really cares, obvioulsy you are not here to share about healthy eating and weight. I think you have another agenda. There are other chat rooms for this sort of stuff.

Judge much?