Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    im gonna kick some *kitten* this week and get into the 220's! :P last night was a minor set back and im gonna get back on track right here right now! :D 229 or less here i come! :P

I like that attitude!!! I'm gonna kick some *kitten* too!!!

kar.gif
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Ooops, posted on last week already...195 this week! :) Thanks again Rach!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Woo. My loss has already started for the week. Hope I can keep it up! I have a mini goal to be in One-derland by Easter. That's another 24.2lbs in 10 weeks. Impossible? I know it'll be hard but if I can push myself I think I might can do it. If not I'm not going to be disappointed because I'll get there but it'll be something to push myself for!
  • Helinah26
    Options
    im gonna kick some *kitten* this week and get into the 220's! :P last night was a minor set back and im gonna get back on track right here right now! :D 229 or less here i come! :P

I like that attitude!!! I'm gonna kick some *kitten* too!!!

kar.gif
    thanks i woke up feeling that way so im just going with it now lol :P
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Eeek forgot to log in yesterday. But no change for me. I just cannot get off of 140!

I do need to work harder, I will work harder!
  • meganhmb
    Options
    Hey Rach, sorry I was late on the weigh in. 203.4!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    awesome job! i feel behind... i need to catch up on you ladies haha
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey ladies!

so i've been in a funk the last few weeks from not losing. i wanted to give up at times, but i didn't. however last week i didn't make the best food decisions which is why i didn't lose. this week, my plan was to kick it up a notch or two and really make sure i was giving it my all in my workouts and my food choices. i went to trader joe's and bought a ton of great foods filled w/ fiber and protein. i was pretty excited to get back into the groove of things and see a good loss... until yesterday morning when i woke up with a sore throat/ chest congestion/ gross cough. i think it may be a case of bronchitis, but i'm really praying it goes away asap. i ended up working out last night pretty hard because i was in denial that i was sick, but it probably wasn't the best idea. i'm going to take it easy today and focus on getting better. what a bummer though, seriously. i'm praying i can see a good loss still next monday! fingers crossed.
  • Helinah26
    Options
    Do you think its possible to lose 79 lbs or more in a year? Thats my goal for this year so i was wondering if it was possible?
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss everyone!
    My goal for this week: Don't go crazy on Mexican food when I visit Cali. That's it. It's going to be hard enough without any extra goals.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss everyone!
    My goal for this week: Don't go crazy on Mexican food when I visit Cali. That's it. It's going to be hard enough without any extra goals.
    I was thinking the exact same thing!! i'm leavin for mexico sat morning. oh man, rice and beans!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to sneak out to the treadmill because the bf was really, really sick. He's doing better today so I may run out there and do a few miles. Really trying to step up my game. I haven't worked out in a month, and haven't been eating well either, so no wonder the weight isn't coming off. :indifferent:
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    kick *kitten* pic by the way, rach!!
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    My system is all screwed up!

I weighed myself yesterday morning, and I was up 1.5 pounds. Weighed myself today, because I freaked out yesterday and I was down 2 pounds. WTF!!

My food was absolute CRAP yesterday. I was traveling for work so I sat on my butt all day long in a car, ate junk food for lunch, got home late and was ravenous, so I overate at dinner, was over my calories, even taking my extra exercise calories, I was over calories, and my workout sucked yesterday morning. And it's TOM.

And I'm down .5 from Monday.

Clearly, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • amouser
    amouser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    im down to 145.0, sorry im so late! just moved back into the dorms this weekend so things have been a little hectic.
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    SCORE!! 219.4

This is worthy of caps for a very big reason. Getting a second opinion. I had been strictly counting my calories for months and excercising just to GAIN weight. I wasn't feeling right, went to the doc and she told me just "try harder" but I knew at my weight and ripe age of 23, I should've lost something but my doc compltely ignored me. So out of curiosity, my mom took my blood results and explained my symptoms to her doctor... well apparently I had a pretty obvious insulin and metabolic resistance condition that my former doc should have caught. I wasn't and havent been processing sugars correctly. He reccommended the Atkins Diet, just to see if that could help even me out that he uses on his diabetic patients. I was pretty skeptical but I am desperate to feel better!

Sure enough. Two days on the diet and for the first time in 6 months of trying. Ive lost weight!!! 2.6 pounds to be exact! THE SCALE MOVED in the downward direction. Holy Moly. (even if it may be water weight, I don't care, it moved!!!!) Plus, my energy has extra increased and I finally feel clear headed.

It's gonna be a good day, tater.
  • choisooyoung
    Options
    Man, I have been LAZY over the past week and a half - barely any exercise, and not logging my meals.

For the rest of this week:
    I will do at least 30 minutes of exercise each day (not including my 1 miles walk to and from work)
    I will log my meals and try and stick to my food plan.

I've decided not to weigh myself until the 21st of February - I haven't been doing well, and my recent loss was due to panicking - I didn't want to gain again, so I didn't eat much over the weekend. Stupid, I know.

I don't want to slip into old bad habits, so I'm taking the focus off from the number of the scale and more to the forming of good behaviours. Worrying about Monday's weigh in made me veer a little too close to relapsing into old disorders :(
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Woohoo I'm into my old size 12 trousers!! (US size 8 I think!) So happy, I haven't been a size 12 for at least 4-5 years. Am aiming to be a size 10 (US size 6), which isn't too far away now :smile:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Hey all! I feel (and probably smell) like death. I got the same sickness my boyfriend had but about 10 times worse. Started Tuesday night and puked every half hour or so til wednesday morning, then off and on all day. I'm just now starting to keep down water.

I lost 7lbs in about 24hrs, but I do not recommend this method of weightloss! Haha
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I feel (and probably smell) like death. I got the same sickness my boyfriend had but about 10 times worse. Started Tuesday night and puked every half hour or so til wednesday morning, then off and on all day. I'm just now starting to keep down water.

I lost 7lbs in about 24hrs, but I do not recommend this method of weightloss! Haha

Oh Rach, I hope you feel better. Your post reminded me of the Devil Wears Prada: "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."