30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options
Hey everyone, I know there are others like this out there, but my friends and I wanted a "Shred Thread" to keep us motivated doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Most of us will probably be at the beginning (heck, I haven't even bought it yet - tonight!), but if some of you who see this are further along, we'd welcome any insight to our 30 day journey.

This thread is for everyone, regardless of where you are in the program. There are no rules. When you do the video, check in and let us know what you liked, disliked, excelled at, or need to work on. Plus this is an open forum to rip on Jillian Michaels, since I have a feeling I'm going to hate her by the end of this!

Come one, come all!

Replies

• sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    So happy you started this thread Heather!! I can't wait to see everyones responses and feedback. =)
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just ordered this yesterday so I'll be starting Shred as soon as it arrives!!
  • amandakay23
    Options
    Today was day 5, I did it off and on but this time I am committing to the 30 days, good luck everyone, she's a butt kicker, but you're done before you know it and it feels sooo good! :flowerforyou:
  • JSprad
    JSprad Posts: 31
    Options
    I am currently doing the shred, but do not do it consecutive days in a row. I usually do the video on the days I can't make it to the gym.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'll order it tonight from Amazon -- so should start sometime next week.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    So is this DVD available at, like, CVS? Or do I need to actually trek to a store? Obviously, I can order online but I'm not that patient.
  • EllyK09
    Options
    I'm in...I'll dust it off tonight and get started tomorrow!! Very excited!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    So is this DVD available at, like, CVS? Or do I need to actually trek to a store? Obviously, I can order online but I'm not that patient.

It's 10 dollars at Wal-mart and 10.49 at Best Buy.
  • HMKan
    Options
    Ugh. Hm. I'll check CVS nonetheless since I drive right past it. Otherwise a trip to Best Buy it is. This is exciting. I'd have never done this alone - she scares me (she's a large part of why I don't watch the show). We TOTALLY GOT this!
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a guess-timate of how many calories this burns?
  • HMKan
    Options
    That's a good question. How do we know? What kind of exercise is it? Will my Fitbit pick up the movements properly? I know a HRM is best for this stuff, but I can't get jilted by another inaccurate one right now.
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a guess-timate of how many calories this burns?
    I do this workout 3 times a week. It's only 20 minutes and I usually burn 300-340 kcals on level 1, and 340-380 on level 2. I haven't done level 3 yet. I have a Polar F4 heart rate monitor. I HIGHLY recommend getting a heart rate monitor. It will change your workouts.
  • mommyof5kids
    Options
    Great....I am in....I will do it along with my C25K.....hopefully I wlll still be able to walk after all of this...I will start it tomorrow...I have the video, but I have never made it any further than a few days.....now I am a more motivated person than when I originally bought it!
  • HMKan
    Options
    Great....I am in....I will do it along with my C25K.....hopefully I wlll still be able to walk after all of this...I will start it tomorrow...I have the video, but I have never made it any further than a few days.....now I am a more motivated person than when I originally bought it!

Yay mommy! ok. If you're going to do both maybe I can? the question is what to do first. Probably C25K. Or maybe one in the morning and one at night...

(if you can't tell, I'm very impressionable)
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I don't know if your cable offers On Demand, but Level 1 of the 30 day Shred is available through On Demand of my cable. If it is, you don't even have to go to the store yet!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, I did the 30 day shred earlier last year and measured at the beginning and after the 30 days and here are my results, hope they give you some motivation!

Weight at start of shred ....154....weight at end of shred 147... 7 pounds lost first time round and 11 pounds second time round
    Bust 37 ..........................................................35......... 2".... Lost
    Waist 29 ........................................................26.5 2.5" Lost
    Belly Button 34 ............................................30......... 4" ....Lost
    Hips 37 .........................................................34......... 3".....Lost
    Saddle Bags 44 ..........................................40.5...... 3.5...Lost
    Left Thigh 24 ...............................................22 ..........2" ....Lost
    Right Thigh 24 ............................................21.5...... 2.5 ...Lost
    Left Calf 16 .................................................15 ..........1" .....Lost
    Right Calf 15.5 ...........................................14.5....... 1" .....Lost
    Left Arm 12 ..................................................11.......... 1" .....Lost
    Right Arm 12.5 ............................................11.5....... 1" ....Lost

Total inches lost on 30 day shred was...23.5 first time round and 9.5 second time round

I did the shred again for the second time and it didn't get any easier but I tried to do it all like Natalie this time round!!! and I lost another 11 pounds..... started at 147 pounds and finished at 136 pounds and lost another 9.5 inches so I think it was great!!!

since then i have reached my goal weight of 119 pounds in early August and have managed to stay at 119 pounds or very near to 119 pounds

Good luck to you all with your shredding !!!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just happened to see this thread. I just did Day 1 Level 1 last night after a short run. It is only 20 minutes, but it is intense and is definitely a good workout. I feel very energized today, and not sore!! Not sure I will do it every day, as I am also training for a half marathon, but it is a good workout for my cross training days, so I will try to work it into my training plan. Good luck everyone!! I will check in as I do it.
    Tammy
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Heather, your fitbit may be able to track some of the calories. There is jogging in place, jump rope (you don't need a jump rope), ab crunches and ab crunches with weights, push-ups and boxing, etc. That is only Level 1 though, haha.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did the 30 day shred earlier last year and measured at the beginning and after the 30 days and here are my results, hope they give you some motivation!

Weight at start of shred ....154....weight at end of shred 147... 7 pounds lost first time round and 11 pounds second time round
    Bust 37 ..........................................................35......... 2".... Lost
    Waist 29 ........................................................26.5 2.5" Lost
    Belly Button 34 ............................................30......... 4" ....Lost
    Hips 37 .........................................................34......... 3".....Lost
    Saddle Bags 44 ..........................................40.5...... 3.5...Lost
    Left Thigh 24 ...............................................22 ..........2" ....Lost
    Right Thigh 24 ............................................21.5...... 2.5 ...Lost
    Left Calf 16 .................................................15 ..........1" .....Lost
    Right Calf 15.5 ...........................................14.5....... 1" .....Lost
    Left Arm 12 ..................................................11.......... 1" .....Lost
    Right Arm 12.5 ............................................11.5....... 1" ....Lost

Total inches lost on 30 day shred was...23.5 first time round and 9.5 second time round

I did the shred again for the second time and it didn't get any easier but I tried to do it all like Natalie this time round!!! and I lost another 11 pounds..... started at 147 pounds and finished at 136 pounds and lost another 9.5 inches so I think it was great!!!

since then i have reached my goal weight of 119 pounds in early August and have managed to stay at 119 pounds or very near to 119 pounds

Good luck to you all with your shredding !!!

WOW!! Those are fabulous results!! Was 30 Day Shred the only exercise you did during that time? Did you do it every day for 30 days straight during each round?? Thanks for sharing your success!!
  • Shan605
    Options

It's 10 dollars at Wal-mart and 10.49 at Best Buy.

I got mine for 6.99 at target!