30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• tkslp
    tkslp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in for trying this with the C25K, may do it on alternate days, but I need to go and buy it too! :)
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump:tongue:
  • simplysweet
    Options
    I would love the motivation being a working mom with 3 kids it's so hard to have time to work out, but who can argue with 30 minutes a day.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Bump....but I'm not happy about it. Frickin' peer pressure!!! :laugh:
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Hey. I just got this DVD and was wondering how to add it to my diary??? Read good reviews about it but haven't watched it yet. (Thought i'd watch it 1st)

Thanks
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Im in. I have the DVD but now need to get my DVD player to work. Jillian makes me scared...
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I was thinking it might be nice to be able to report progress on here too. This is optional, so if you don't want to bother or don't want to reveal some info, no pressure! We do this somewhat for the C25K thread and it sort of helps me to see how far I've come when I come on here to talk about it.

I'm in this to win it so here goes! I'm going to update this information every Monday as we go along.

Start Weight (SW):
    Current Weight (CW):
    Bust Measurement:
    Waist Measurement:
    Belly Button:
    Hips:
    Theigh:

Now, to buy the darn DVD and get starting measurements posted!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Bump....but I'm not happy about it. Frickin' peer pressure!!! :laugh:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I love her, never hated her 1 bit!!....shes so nice to look at....looking at her has made me push it...and it payed off and it still is
    I skipped L1 loved L2 for 30 days, gave me kick *kitten* biceps, L3 for another 30 days gave me a tiny waist.....and Im hoping doing L3 again for 30 days can take me to my end goal soon....best 27 minutes of my day!!...:wink: tonight is R3 Day 7 L3

LETS SHRED IT TO THE LIMIT GIRLS!!!
  • HMKan
    Options
    Interesting. I was just reading a review of this dvd on Target's website and this one lady said she did it over 3 months - 1 month per level. I don't think I'll extend it out that long, but I'm just saying. We can all go at our own paces and there's no pressure to finish in 30 days, but if you want to/can, then that's AWESOME. I think what's important is that we start this (or already have), develop a plan of attack that we (and our bodies) are comfortable with, and STICK WITH IT until we FINISH! That's what we're going to hold you accountable to. So let us know your plans of attack once you esablish them!
  • MrsMartin2
    MrsMartin2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am on level 2 day 14. I love this workout, even if it is hard:) I will say it does get easier but then you move to the next level and the pain starts all over agan.:ohwell: It is a good pain though and you will feel yourself getting stronger. I do it every day, I know some people on here do it 6 days a week though and still see results.

I don't have a HRM, so I log it under circuit training. I plan to get one soon though:happy:
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Hey. I just got this DVD and was wondering how to add it to my diary??? Read good reviews about it but haven't watched it yet. (Thought i'd watch it 1st)

Thanks

Circuit training.
  • anniepants1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I joined MFP at the end of January and just started 30 day shred this past Saturday. I've managed to do it every day and my quads are screaming every time I stand up/sit down. She will definitely kick your *kitten*, but it has made a huge difference in my motivation and attitude! I haven't measured yet but intend to do that and post it. At the end of 30 days we can all celebrate our hard work when we see the change in those measurements!
  • andrea2011ka
    andrea2011ka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great! I'll break out my DVD again and give this another whirl. I got to Level 2 Day 4, but stopped a week ago...will pick up on Level 2 again. I'm also doing the C25K, but I plan to do the 30DS everyday...it's only 20 minutes! We can do this!!:happy:
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    have fun with it!

the first couple of days i could hardly get through level one without having to stop for 5 seconds to gasp for air and by day 8 i was doing the advanced versions of the moves (still tired and sweating) but feeling great instead of feeling like i was going to pass out.

just stick it out those first few days and you'll be home free!!
  • HMKan
    Options
    Thanks Rockabye! By the way, is that you getting felt up in your ticker picture? lol
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, I did the 30 day shred earlier last year and measured at the beginning and after the 30 days and here are my results, hope they give you some motivation!

Weight at start of shred ....154....weight at end of shred 147... 7 pounds lost first time round and 11 pounds second time round
    Bust 37 ..........................................................35......... 2".... Lost
    Waist 29 ........................................................26.5 2.5" Lost
    Belly Button 34 ............................................30......... 4" ....Lost
    Hips 37 .........................................................34......... 3".....Lost
    Saddle Bags 44 ..........................................40.5...... 3.5...Lost
    Left Thigh 24 ...............................................22 ..........2" ....Lost
    Right Thigh 24 ............................................21.5...... 2.5 ...Lost
    Left Calf 16 .................................................15 ..........1" .....Lost
    Right Calf 15.5 ...........................................14.5....... 1" .....Lost
    Left Arm 12 ..................................................11.......... 1" .....Lost
    Right Arm 12.5 ............................................11.5....... 1" ....Lost

Total inches lost on 30 day shred was...23.5 first time round and 9.5 second time round

I did the shred again for the second time and it didn't get any easier but I tried to do it all like Natalie this time round!!! and I lost another 11 pounds..... started at 147 pounds and finished at 136 pounds and lost another 9.5 inches so I think it was great!!!

since then i have reached my goal weight of 119 pounds in early August and have managed to stay at 119 pounds or very near to 119 pounds

Good luck to you all with your shredding !!!

WOW!! Those are fabulous results!! Was 30 Day Shred the only exercise you did during that time? Did you do it every day for 30 days straight during each round?? Thanks for sharing your success!!

Thanks, the first time round I only did the shred and I did it every day...... the second time I also did Zumba 3 times a week as well (also great fun) so didn't shred on the days I did Zumba! Hope this helps.
  • anniepants1
    Options
    Walmart has 30 Day Shred for $9.00 as well as several other Jillian dvd's
  • syl312
    syl312 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I have her dvds. I've done it before for a few days.. its killer but works all those trouble spots and You sweat like a mad person haha ! i loved it..
  • tummymummy
    Options
    Hiya - Im on Level 2 Day 18 of The Shred for the first time and loving it and Jillian!! Im a mum of 3 and have managed to fit it in every day - I am doing 30 days straight and definitely seeing my stamina improve - I havent taken my measurements yet but my clothes are definitely looser and my hubby is commenting that my waist is shrinking daily - If you try it, you will see results :)

Good luck everyone!