30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    yah i use 3 pound weights...and it kills my arms!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    im on level one day 7! there are so many shred threads! lol! i dont know which one i belong to anymore! lol.

my endurance level is sooo much better than day 1, i use 3lbs weights and will not be increasing them! lol! 3 more days before level 2! i had a sneak peak yesterday and its looks more challenging! im keeping up with the advanced girl atm which im pleased abt!

hope everyone is doing ok on it! i love that its only 30mins which means no excuses to not have time to do it! i do have one rest day though sundays!!
  • M_lifts
    Options
    Those of you who have done it, is it easy to do every day (given soreness, etc.)?

yes, its not too bad really. i find the soreness tends to go away with more exercise
  • M_lifts
    Options

It would be fun for folks to point out what Jillian says during the workout that you find really amusing or irritating. It may change throughout the level if you do each level for 10 days.

If you got it lady, flaunt it, 'no shame'. amuses me all the time! lol.
  • spawngo
    spawngo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS!
    I don't know what day I'm on, probably because I did it for four days straight, then didn't do it over superbowl weekend (ha!), but have picked it up again this week.
    I love the workout. It's short, but effective. I wake up sore every single day, and that's just another motivation to keep me doing it.

My parents do P90x, but I got my dad to do 30DS this past Tuesday and it kicked his butt!

We have all sorts of weights at home (for P90x), but nothing lighter than 8lbs, and with Jillian's incessant reps, that's too much for me right now. So, as sad as it sounds, I use those bigs cans of Progresso soup :P
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    It was day 2-L1 on 30DS. I am so sore but managed to keep up and get through the whole thing. I'm hoping by day 3 I wont be as sore. My legs are on fire!! My arms get tired during but manage to keep up.. I just got done with 30 minutes on the elliptical as well. Good dang workout!
  • suelynn62
    suelynn62 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really like this thread. It's made me want to give it a try. I will be starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on Jan 7. I did not measure anything so my measurements began today. I started the Shred tonight with a lot of encouragement (read: peer pressure, lol) from some MFP friends, thanks HMKan and Sarahnicolexoxo!!! I used 5 lb weights because that is all I have. I struggled a little with even the modified pushups. I really struggled with the jumping jacks. I have very weak shoulders so my shoulders are screaming at me right now. My thighs are burning a little, but not painfully. Overall, it wasn't bad. It was definitely a challenge, but I think it will become easier and will lead to some great results!

Ok, this is it. The moment of truth.
    Beginning measurements:
    Belly: 44 inches
    FUPA: 50 inches
    Hips: 51 inches
    R Arm: 14.5 inches
    L Arm: 14.5 inches
    Chest (under boobs): 38 inches
    R Thigh (under saddlebag): 25.5 inches
    L Thigh (under saddlebag): 25.5 inches
  • EllyK09
    Options
    Just got done Day 1 Level1! I feel like I'll be sore tomorrow for sure but that's part of the process!

Does anyone plan on doing this in the morning? I was thinking since it's a timed workout I might wake up a little earlier to do it before work...hello early AM!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am soooo not a morning person, but I am going to try and do it in the morning too.
    Just got done Day 1 Level1! I feel like I'll be sore tomorrow for sure but that's part of the process!

Does anyone plan on doing this in the morning? I was thinking since it's a timed workout I might wake up a little earlier to do it before work...hello early AM!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    OMG. Ok, so I just finished L1D1. It's quite a workout. I kept going back and forth between thinking "oh, this isn't so bad, I'm pretty good at these exercises" to "holy freaking mother of God I'm going to die." So all in all, a good burn.

I definitely can see where I'm weak and where I'm strong. My abs weren't a problem (at least I think I have abs in there somewhere). I used to do pilates often so I guess I kept a bit of core strength without realizing it. Plus, my gut tends to get in the way of some of the ab exercises so I can't lift myself as far up. My arms are weaker than I realized. This will be really great for toning up my arms for spring. I had trouble with the lunges and exercises where I had to sit low. I have bad knees so I need to find a way to make that a bit more comfortable. It isn't muscle-uncomfortable, but, like, bone-uncomfortable.

All in all, I'm glad I was so psyched out about this because it wasn't as bad as I'd built it up in my head. I won't lie. I entertained the idea (this was during the rest I had to take while climbing the stairs to come type this) of throwing the DVD in the trash. But then, I'd be letting that skinny Beyotch beat me and I'm just not that kinda girl.

Oh, and I did this after a week 4 day of C25K. A pretty darn good run if I say so myself. I'm looking forward to doing shred as my first workout tomorrow before the eilliptical and seeing if it's any different/easier to maintain the correct form if I'm fresh.

Start Weight: somewhere around 237ish.
    Current Weight: see above
    Beginning measurements:
    Belly: 46 inches
    Hips: 49 inches
    Arm: 14.5 inches
    Waist (under boobs): 39.5 inches
    Thigh: 29 inches

Time to complete: 27:58
    Calories Burned: 290
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ok so I've just completed L2 D1 and it is definately more challenging. I actually think at one point on circuit 2 cardio Jillian says 'I want you to be gurgling your heart at the end of this cardio.' ? That made me laugh and I got out of breath quicker!! :bigsmile: At least I know it's coming next time!!

I had to follow the easier versions on some of the exercises (press up's!!!!) but I can actually do a plank when I never realised. I never used to be able to do them!!! That was a surprise.

Everyone is doing so good. Keep up the good work :heart:
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OK, so I saw this thread yesterday and got inspired. Going to start on Sunday. I previewed it last night. After reading post here I have decided I will do beginners moves this round and go back again and do advanced moves.

So i will keep checking in. Sunday, ***hard swollow***, i will post weight and measurements. But here is my concern....I am training to run my first 5K - starting small. I am already having issues with getting enough calories with my training. Adding this will be more calories I will have to eat. How are you all doing it? I cannot eat that much!!

This is too much food. I am already eatting every 2-3 hours. I have changed to eatting more calories during my snack times and having larger meals but It is still too much. I am stuffed to capacity and still low on calorie count. Concerned about putting my body in starvation mode and not losing anything. Suggestion appreciated.
  • denisec26
    Options
    just finished L1 day 4. its still hard. the cardio still gets me out of breath and my problem area is my upper body strength so the strength is the hardest for me to do. the abs dont bother me at all...i actually do crunches at the end instead of a cool down because my tummy is a problem area and i dont think 3 min. of abs are gonna cut it.

i also used to do her banish fat dvd so i think that helped with this one because my legs dont hurt AT ALL. an di see alot of people saying they do hurt...but after the workout, the only thing bothering me is my arms. an dthat goes away. im still dying while doing the dvd. tomorrow is day 5...we shall see what happens...

also- the body pics i have on my profile are my starting pics of the 30 day shred. and my measurments are:

weight-129/130...it seems to change daily.
    Neck 11.0 on 10/04/10
    Waist 27.0 on 12/16/10- smallest part of the belly-right above belly button
    hips 37.0 on 12/16/10- biggest part of the hips/theighs-right below the butt
    arm 11.0 on 01/31/11
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    OK, so I saw this thread yesterday and got inspired. Going to start on Sunday. I previewed it last night. After reading post here I have decided I will do beginners moves this round and go back again and do advanced moves.

So i will keep checking in. Sunday, ***hard swollow***, i will post weight and measurements. But here is my concern....I am training to run my first 5K - starting small. I am already having issues with getting enough calories with my training. Adding this will be more calories I will have to eat. How are you all doing it? I cannot eat that much!!

This is too much food. I am already eatting every 2-3 hours. I have changed to eatting more calories during my snack times and having larger meals but It is still too much. I am stuffed to capacity and still low on calorie count. Concerned about putting my body in starvation mode and not losing anything. Suggestion appreciated.

Honestly, at most, I think I burned 290 calories with the Shred. And that might've been high, I'm going to recheck tonight. This workout has so much strength in it that it isn't going to add many calories to your daily budget. You could probably get away not eating back these exercise calories and be fine. If you feel you need to, one more peanut butter sandwich should do the trick.
  • denisec26
    Options
    and PS.

anyone who has done it and taken measurements- when did u see a change? i just did my measurements again, just to see, granted its only been 4 days and no change..which i expected. but some people say they already loose X amount of inches by day 10..and more by day 30...so since tomorrow is the half way point for me for level 1..i just wonder when i will see some sort of result.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi! Tomorrow is my last day of the Shred!! Weigh in day is Sunday but as of last Sunday, I have lost 14 pounds and inches everywhere!! I started out at 180. I am 166 now and dropping! :) I haven't decided if I want to start the Shred again or do P90X next. But I love it! It's short enough to get in every day with little kids and Jillian works you hard!
  • mandypizzle
    Options
    Oh, and I did it 6 days a week... sometimes 5. There were days here and there where I couldn't get it in.
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am soooo not a morning person, but I am going to try and do it in the morning too.

I am not a real big morning person either but I am going to try to do this as my wake up routine (5:15am). I am a SAHM and I take my daughter to the gym with me, she has her own kids class, so I will do my workout/training in late am. At least till the weather gets nice and my running is better. Then I will switch to night time.
  • mandypizzle
    Options
    I did my measurements every Sunday along with my weight. I saw a drop somewhere every single week. Some weeks more than others and not every part I was measuring lost inches every week. If that makes sense. I measure: biceps, upper waist, lower waist, hips, thighs, and calves.
    and PS.

anyone who has done it and taken measurements- when did u see a change? i just did my measurements again, just to see, granted its only been 4 days and no change..which i expected. but some people say they already loose X amount of inches by day 10..and more by day 30...so since tomorrow is the half way point for me for level 1..i just wonder when i will see some sort of result.