30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Just completed L1D1 of 30 Day shred. I think I will like it, probably will be sore later today though. I had a tough time with the push ups, but keeping at it!

You'll be way more sore tomorrow! The first day I did L1D1 i was disappointed i wasn't sore enough. I got my wish the next morning. It should be illegal to be that sore! But girl! No matter how sore you are. Stretch reeeal good and keep going with your levels and days. It does get easier! Welcome to the jm30ds family!!
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    D3L1 done!!!!! :bigsmile: I used 5 lb. weights today for all of the exercises except for anterior raises with a side lunge. I definitely worked up more of a sweat! Tomorrow will be my off day.

Keep on shredding ladies!!!!! :happy:
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options
    I haven't gotten it yet, but once I do I'll be joining in.
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    D3L1 done!!!!! :bigsmile: I used 5 lb. weights today for all of the exercises except for anterior raises with a side lunge. I definitely worked up more of a sweat! Tomorrow will be my off day.

Keep on shredding ladies!!!!! :happy:

Did you use 3 pounders when you started? I'm debating moving up to the 5 since the 3's seem too light at some points.
  • linemansgirl
    Options

Did you use 3 pounders when you started? I'm debating moving up to the 5 since the 3's seem too light at some points.

Yes, I started out using 3 lb. weights for everything, but it was too easy. Using 5's really helped to kick the arm part of the workout up a notch.
  • MissyFit08
    Options

Yes, I started out using 3 lb. weights for everything, but it was too easy. Using 5's really helped to kick the arm part of the workout up a notch.

Thanks, I will suck it up and start on the 5 pounders tomorrow. I'm a new believer in starting new things the same day but I have a long event to photograph this evening and I SOOO do not need shakey arms. haha!
  • abillings9
    Options
    I have done Shred before and lost about 9 lbs in 2 months doing it (not everyday). Now I am back at it again.... I have decided to spread it out and do each level for 3 weeks each.... I am 2 weeks in to level 1 and I have lost 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks! I can definitely feel my calves, thighs and abs toning up and my shoulders burn!!! I wear a HRM when I workout and I range any where from 250-300 cals in 27 minutes! I started out with 3 lb weights but I have back issues and thought it was just a little too tough.... I am using 2 lb weights now and they are just right for me (I am 5'2")...
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    L1D6 Done!! I found today was harder to do than any other day so far. Maybe because my hubs was home? Maybe because I had a later lunch? Idk. But I did it! It is dunno for today-o! I was NOT going to skip a day. That would only make the 30 day shred into something longer than 30 days because I didn't do something.

grrr...anyhoo....how have ya'll been doing with your workouts?
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done. I think it is getting easier. I did Shred before my regularly scheduled run and I couldn't really run afterwards. I did walk at 3.0 for 64 minutes, but running wasn't going to happen.

The shred is getting easier, for me. I can't do all the pushups, and some of the cardio requires a break for me (those pesky jump ropes!). I'm really getting stronger in my arms. Even after only 3 days I can feel it. I think I've convinced myself I see a change, but then, I've been known to see what I want. But I'm definitely able to do more of the arm work. The only one still giving me trouble is the arms during the side lunge. That's tough to do for 30 seconds.

I'm getting sick of JM, but I'll live. It makes me chuckle a little in the beginning when she says "Now you might not be as [strong or flexible, I can't remember] as these girls..." then there's a really long awkward pause before she says "but...". Makes me laugh because it's not very encouraging and typical of how I've always seen her. But still, I'm doing it. She might not be my favorite person but she does seem to know her stuff, so I'll give her that.

You guys are doing really great. I love reading through your posts. It's really helpful to know others are struggling in the same areas and/or hearing about how everyone has gotten through despite it being hard. I LOVE hearing from those who have completed it and hearing their results so I can imagine what mine will be. That helps push me through, knowing how effective this can be.

Have a good night ya'll! See ya back here tomorrow!
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    D3L1 complete. I am being picked up at 8am tomorrow so I have set my alarm for 6.30am to do the shred before I get ready. Not going to phone it in!!
    Going to do L2 tomorrow!
    Your posts are inspiring me and it keeps me in check to post on here. Thanks for starting this post!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Started my second round of the 30 day shred today. So this is Round 2 Day 1 of Level 3 for me.

I am really finding that I can follow Natalie more and more. So that keeps me pumped. I will be able to do this whole dvd someday without modifying anything.

I feel a little bit sorry for Anita, Jillian doesn't go on and on about her fab body like she does Natalies. Anita looks like a whipped puppy sometimes to me of course that could be the hallucinations I have when I am doing the ab scissors and my lungs are screaming for air.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    had a rest today as had to time to do the shred! will start level 1 day 9 tomorrow! or maybe even move up to level 2!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    So I read this thread earlier today and felt <i>obligated<i> to do the shred today :ohwell: . I wasn't going to since I had walked earlier in the day, but after reading everyone's updates, I felt I should give it a go.

We'll I'm still a bit sore from yesterday's 20 minute C25K run, so when I started (and at several other times during the workout) I thought about quitting. I pushed through, and am here to boast about it! :bigsmile:

Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day, but who knows? Maybe if I check back in on this thread I may do it tomorrow too!

Thanks for being such a good example!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    So I read this thread earlier today and felt *obligated* to do the shred today :ohwell: . I wasn't going to since I had walked earlier in the day, but after reading everyone's updates, I felt I should give it a go.

We'll I'm still a bit sore from yesterday's 20 minute C25K run, so when I started (and at several other times during the workout) I thought about quitting. I pushed through, and am here to boast about it! :bigsmile:

Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day, but who knows? Maybe if I check back in on this thread I may do it tomorrow too! I think tomorrow will technically be my 10th day on level 1 (I've been alternating w/ C25K), but I've been hanging out with Anita this whole time, so I'm gonna stick with it a while longer - at least until I can do proper push-ups.

Thanks for being such a good example!
  • aimlow
    aimlow Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've just finished my 30 days. I have only lost 3 pounds but feel the best I have in my body for a long time.
    I found that it wasn't enough alone so I have been doing either 2 workouts or one of her other DVD's.
    I just feel so great. I have dropped a dress size.

Thanks for getting me doing these DVD's everyone on MFP. :)

I still can't do all the hard moves but maybe next time. I can now do push ups and at the beginning I couldn't even do girly push ups.
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    I just bought the DVD today and plan on starting tonight... wish me luck!
  • abbylane35
    Options
    Just got my DVD today! Looking forward to starting the plan tomorrow. I have lost about 16 lbs. since January 1st...and have a bunch to go! I've been doing mostly elliptical/bike/treadmill workouts and am looking to change it up a little. Good luck everyone!
  • mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    Ok, I just finished level one day 3...and I have to admit I REALLY did not want to do it. Every muscle in my body feels sore from the first 2 days. I just took the dogs on a 3 mile hike and was feeling exhausted and way too sore. But I decided to go ahead and try to do day 3. And I made it through! Glad I decided to go ahead and do it. I know its good for me and will help me feel better.

Tomorrow may have to be a resting day for me. I don't want to over do it. Last time I tried to get in shape, I got a real bad injury in my back and it kept me from doing a lot of exercises.

Feel like this may really help me to stay motivated. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
  • meadows654
    Options
    Checking in. Did L1D2! First circuit is the hardest for me. The jumping jacks/jump rope combo kills me! The second one is easier. I can actually do heavier weights for that one. The third is right in the middle. I'm really enjoying the burn.
  • tkslp
    tkslp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D2 today...was so sore from yesterday but pushing through the pain! :) Question- are most people doing it 30 days in a row, or spreading it out? Wondering what would be best.