30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 28 for me, day 8 level 3. I LOVE this workout. I feel lost that the 30 days is almost over with. Iol I will post my final results on Wed! I think I will do a round two with just level 2/3 every day. Maybe even add in another JM video. IDK. What do other people do after the 30 days?
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think the 30 days in a row is perfectly fine!! I havent missed a day! I dont think the impact of the strength part is too much that you need a rest day. If I had a rest day, I dont think I would have been as motivated to keep going. JMO.
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS L1D5 last night and it was still challenging. I had to mentally prepare myself at different difficult points during the workout to push thru because sometimes I want to just stop. The weights are still intense at 5 pounds for me but I'm going to stick with them (I really think 3 pounds would be ideal at level 1) Tried to see if I could do cardio on the elliptical afterwards and just couldn't do it (only got 3 minutes in:ohwell: But I'm feelng energized and thrilled that I got thru Day 5. I had to weigh in this morning and was happy with the results ...down 7 pounds:heart: ! Although most of it may be water weight I'm thinking 30DS has really contributed to the drop as well. I'm noticing a difference in my thighs and arms when standing in the mirror. Well here's to Day 6 of 30DS!:flowerforyou:
  • Allegra289
    Options
    Today I completed day 2 of the Shred! It feels good to get a good strength workout in! I am doing level 1 for 10 days and moving on...the strength portion in level 1 is a good level of intensity for me, but the cardio is fairly easy so I am supplementing it with some runs at the gym a few days a week. Will update in 8 days once I move on to level 2. Has anyone come close to finishing it yet? I'm curious about your results!
  • mislove68
    Options
    I will be finishing today. I wish i would of taken measurements before. Seriously lost many inches.

I did lvl 1 for 3 weeks because i was afraid of the other lvls. Well I lost 3 pounds in that time without any dieting. Now I have done lvl 2 and 3 for the past 20 days straight. and i lost another 5 pounds with being at 1200 calories and i did start going to the gym a few days and it sure did help my endurance.

I think i am going to do a 30 day slim down next but with no rest days.
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am starting D1L1 today. I wanted to do it before I went to a birthday party with my son so I would stay focus at the party, remembering what I had just done. But hubby not home yet and I need to leave in an hour. (Could still do 20min, shower and dress but someone has to sit with kids.) You all have me motivated and a little scared, I must admit. I am trying to figure out where to put this in my day so as not to mess up my C25k training. I have a prep race at 1500 distance in 1 month and I don't want to mess up my prep. Well, here is to getting shred. Let you all know how it all goes.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D4 this morning and still have trouble with the girlie push ups but they are getting better. Maybe before I'm done with level 1 I will beable to do a real one! lol . So far I haven't skipped any days, but not sure when I will move up to the next level. When I do I will let everyone know!!:flowerforyou:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    ok so im going to go for level 2 day one tonight! should have been day 9 of level 1. but i need a challenge! lol
  • abbylane35
    Options
    I did day 1 of the shred workout. I thought, 20 minutes, no problem...I do 35 minutes of cardio five days a week (during my lunch break) in the gym. Well, Jillian just about kicked my butt. I have a long way to go on my weight loss journey (about 80lbs left, I have already lost about 40 over the last two years), and I think that this will really change it up from my normal routine. I plan on continuing my 35 minutes of cardio during the day and when I get home from work, I will do the shred workout. I took my measurements and put them below, since so many people who are finishing up the 30 days said that they wished they had done that. Hoping to see a great change! I'll check in again soon!

Neck 15.5 on 02/13/11
    Waist 37.0 on 02/13/11
    Hips 49.0 on 02/13/11
    arms 17.0 on 02/13/11
    thigh 28.0 on 02/13/11
    calf 19.5 on 02/13/11
    ankle 11.25 on 02/13/11
    bust 42.75 on 02/13/11
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I was so very worn out yesterday. I went on a 2 mile walk and my body was exhausted from all the exercise I've been doing. I was just going to rest last night but by the time I put my son down to bed I was feeling up to it. So I popped it in and off I went. L1 D4 completed. My body is still very sore but not like it was after day one. I'm feeling pretty worn out today as well but I feel so guilty if i don't do it! I at least have to do 6 days before a rest day. I weigh in tomorrow so I'm sure I will do the video.. I find that if I'm stressed out I work out a lot harder. well I'll see what tonight brings
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    day 6 down..woooo
    still hard..no jillian, im not finding this to be easier 6 days in. im afraid to start L2 since 1 is still tough for me in the strength dept.
    i felt like *kitten* today but i made myself do the dvd anyway.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I did my first day today. Ahhh so hard my legs hurt! Does anyone know how to put it into your workout for the day?
  • amylary
    amylary Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    starting day 1 tomorrow !! CANT WAIT !! IF you are starting tomorrow friend me so we can compare together !!!
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    On level 2--- Jillian: "That is no joke!" Me: "No s**t Jillian. Do I look like I am laughing!!!!":laugh: :sick:
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,239 Member
    Options
    Started L1D1 today. I used 3 pound weights because I did not know what to expect. That is a good weight for now. I was sweating by minute 3 and I can feel the soreness in my legs, back and arms. Not sure I will do 30 days in a row but may aim for 3 times per week and move up a level when I feel ready. I like my walking DVD's with therabands too so I like to mix it up so I don't get bored. I need to take my measurements too so I can see what the results are when I finish 30 days. I logged my workout as circuit training, general. Any other ideas?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 1 done! Wow, just the kick up the bum I needed! Glad I moved up ( day 9 of 30 completed)
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    I did L1D1 today (was going to start last night but was sick)... much harder than I was expecting! I used 5 lb. weights and made it through, but it was a challenge. I'll probably feel it in the morning!
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    L1D9 complete! Anyone else's ankles hurt? Mine are freaking killing me and I can't figure out why. Can't decide if I want too move up after 10 days. Is L2 a killer?
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    L1D5 completed today. Still kickin my butt. I guess I will go up a level every 10 days????
    But definitely hoping to stick with it through the 30 days straight. But have notice a difference even if only 5 days.
  • 21by21
    21by21 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just joined MFP this past week. I saw all of the posts about the 30 day shred and decided to give it a go. A workout less than 30 minutes is perfect for me because I am working 24 hours a week and taking 15 hours. I bought the dvd Friday night, but didn't get a chance to start it because I drove down to the beach to visit my older sister. We both decided to start it today and let me tell you, I am totally feeling it. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!