30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• kjeane76
    kjeane76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started 30 day shred today, well I did about 15 mins yesterday just to try it but did the entire thing today. I am SORE, my thighs..OUCH! I'm not sure how I'll feel tomorrow, are you supposed to do this every day for 30 days?
  • 21by21
    21by21 Posts: 12
    Options
    I did L1D2 today during my lunch break and I am definitely feeling it tonight. Thankfully I'm not limping or anything like that, but I have to hide a grimace when I move certain muscles. I hated having to do it during my lunch break, but between work, school, and studying for my midterm tomorrow, that's the only time I could fit it in. Tomorrow I plan on doing it at night.
  • mislove68
    Options
    I'm loving the 30 Day Shred! I did D7 L1 today! I want to move up soon, but I have some neck pain (non-Shred related), so I might stay in L1 for a while more... I dunno. Maybe one more day of L1.
    L1D9 complete! Anyone else's ankles hurt? Mine are freaking killing me and I can't figure out why. Can't decide if I want too move up after 10 days. Is L2 a killer?
    1ofthegang... I got a bit of that too. Be careful on the jumping jacks, and the "skiing" move where you lung from side to side (side lunges?). Focus on proper form.

I had ankle pain too when I did lvl 1. It was because I was not wearing shoes. Are you wearing shoes?

It went away about 3 days later after I started to wear shoes and never had issues since.
  • mislove68
    Options
    Does anyone else NOT sweat much doing this dvd? Even if you give it all you got? I only sweat a little bit. I was never much of a sweater when I worked out or did anything.

same here. i never sweat either and even if i feel lik eim dying to this dvd or any other..im slightly sticky. thats about it

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not trying hard enough.

Just wait until lvl 2 and 3 you will sweat. i sweat even when i dont feel like I am dying. Its weird I have never sweat that much ever.
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else NOT sweat much doing this dvd? Even if you give it all you got? I only sweat a little bit. I was never much of a sweater when I worked out or did anything.

same here. i never sweat either and even if i feel lik eim dying to this dvd or any other..im slightly sticky. thats about it

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not trying hard enough.

Just wait until lvl 2 and 3 you will sweat. i sweat even when i dont feel like I am dying. Its weird I have never sweat that much ever.

Haha. I look forward to it! I may swipe the sweat and save it in my scrapbook and mark it as first real sweat from workouts ever!. That is. If I had one. Yeah right!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did not get out of bed early this morning, so I decided I did not have time to do 30ds before work when I planned to begin. I spent a good portion of today thinking of reasons I would NOT be able to do it tonight... then I remembered my commitment to all of you and decided- oh what the heck I will do it!

Right now I am feeling very proud and motivated after L1d1... ask me again when I wake up and have to get out of bed in the morning!

I may regret the fact that I pushed through and did almost all the reps of all the exercises... I am taking her message to heart that I may as well work hard for that 20 minutes!

I am thinking I will do this in the afternoons when I get home from teaching and have just picked my kids up from school. That is when I usually sneak away for a little nap. This will be time much better spent!

Thanks for doing this together!!! Now on to Day 2!

That's awesome! We are so proud of you! There's always a reason to not do it but if you think about it, it's JUST 20 minutes basically! So there's no justification for missing. I'm on L1D7 and there has been a day or 2 where I seriously thought abt skipping but decided not to bec of this mfp place! If you want support I'm good at that so friend me ok? And do jt tomorrow!! It'll be hars but you'll be SO glad you finished!
  • krystlenicole
    krystlenicole Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I completed day one today of the 30 day shred (yay!!) I love doing this video and love the way I feel following the workout. It's a hard 20 minutes but well worth it I feel. Can't wait to see how these 30 days change my life!
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    D2L1 complete - before midnight! I really do have to modify the cardio. My knee is "sensitive" and all the jumping hurts. Otherwise, it was good. But I still had dvd issues tonight. ARRRRGH!!!! finally started working but I lost a good 12min messing with the player. I will say that on Friday I have to get 3 or five pound weights. I have 2 and 8 - too heavy and too light. I have to get the middle ground players for this weekend.

Time to put self to bed. Night all.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I just completed L1D1 of 30 Day Shred. Wow...I'm sore already! Not looking forward to the pain tomorrow, but will work through it.
    The pain is the best part! That's how you know you're working hard!!
    So is anyone else excited that she's coming out with a new DVD? It's called Ripped in 30. Same premise, except there are 4 levels and you up a level every week instead of every 10 days. Each workout is supposed to be just as short and killer as 30 Day Shred. Only 2 weeks to go! It comes out March 1st.
    Oh that's cool. Something else to look forward to. Thanks for the info!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I have been doing LVL1 for 3 weeks. I have lost 10 pounds, 4 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips. I do feel better and I have more energy.
    Awesome results chelebe!!
    There's NO deadline to finish, despite the tizzy I have myself in to complete it in 30 days. If I want to do it on back to back days, I will. But I don't HAVE to. When I get stronger, and can run AND do Shred, I will. But until that point, I have to alternate the two. Otherwise I'll either half-*kitten* both, injure myself, or quit altogher. None of these three things are an option. Why on earth do I put so much pressure on myself?
    That's great insight! You know yourself well. I put a lot of pressure on myself as well. Push it until you know you are working at YOUR personal best!
    Well tonight I'm going to take a rest day. Tomorrow, I'll resume my running. Wednesday, I'll pick up shred, and then do every other until further notice. And I'm not moving on past Level 1 until I can follow that Natalie. I'm just praying I'll have it all memorized soon so I can mute the tv and not have to listed to that Jillian talk incessantly throughout the whole thing.
    I mute it anyway (well, just put it on really low), and put on some music!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I'm proud to say I actually sweat this time. I have no idea why! Maybe because of the weather? ( I dreeeead summer!) But the workout went by much quicker this time and I felt like I did good considering I skipped yesterday. Sundays are my cheat days. I did horrible as far as food but I made up for it today. I've exercised. Watching what I eat and not eating back my extra calories today. Anyhoo...see ya'll later!
    Fantastic work!! When it gets warmer, make sure you have a fan to blow on you! I always plug in the fan when I workout in the summer. Great job making up for your not-so-great eating! :drinker:
    Oh My Goodness...I sure was sore today after my Day 1 Level 1...I went ahead and did my lunchtime workout anyway...only did a mile and a quarter on the elliptical...I couldn't bear the thigh pain anymore...and then did three miles on the recumbent bike. I could hardly walk up, or down, the stairs. I'm a teacher, so the kids were asking me if I was okay as I moaned and groaned after lunch ;) I came home and attempted the D2L1...and did most of it, even though Jillian got rather annoying at the end. May take a break from Jillian tomorrow (I know, only on day 3), but you never know...I may feel up to it tomorrow. Will still do my cardio tomorrow during lunch. Right now I am dreading the fact that I work on the second story because I will have to go up and down the stairs about 18 times tomorrow and I was in so much pain today. Oh, well, no pain no gain, right?
    Great job getting to D2 AND working out! :drinker: I could barely make the stairs after D1 and D2, and I didn't do anything but Shred. :sick:
    it DOES get better! The pain does, not Jillian's voice. haha. I muted it after the 2nd day.
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    1ofthegang... Great job working it out! Hope your ankles improve. You can also lay down and put your feet up, maybe with an ice pack or two on your ankles, for 10-20 mins.
    About to leave work to start Day 5 of level one! Still feeling sore from the first 4 days, but I still have lots of energy (even after working all day) and know I can battle through the 25 minutes! I have not taken a day off and still not sure if I want to.
    Knowing that it's only 25 mins long is what got me through yesterday! I came home from Zumba, and was feeling so great, that I was like, I can totally still get my shred on and be done before 10pm! So that's exactly what I did!!
    I have the Shred It with Weights DVD. Is this completely different from the 30 day Shred? I know it is a different DVD but I did not want to go by another if it is basically the same just with weights. LOL
    That one looks more challenging (to me and my injured back), and uses different weights (a kettle, instead of dumbbells) than the 30 Day Shred. I'm sure you will get fantastic results with it!!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    good morning! I started level 3 day 1 yesterday. I was really nervous but it actually wasn't THAT horrible. No, I didn't do an expert job, a pretty clumsy one--just passable for the first try--but I can see it might be more tolerable for me than level 2. The difference is that they get your heart rate up there almost from the first few minutes where you kind of go up gradually in the other levels so you sweat more and get tired faster. And, you add weights to more exercises.

So glad I'm not so scared for today's workout like I was yesterday--I kept thinking it was going to be impossible!

Good luck on all your workouts today!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I have lost 2 inches on my hips and 1/2 inch on my waist!!
    Wonderful!! Congrats!! :bigsmile:
    I did not get out of bed early this morning, so I decided I did not have time to do 30ds before work when I planned to begin. I spent a good portion of today thinking of reasons I would NOT be able to do it tonight... then I remembered my commitment to all of you and decided- oh what the heck I will do it!
    That sounds like my yesterday! Our bodies totally showed our minds what we are made of! :laugh: Be proud for not letting those excuses get to you!!
    Started 30 day shred today, well I did about 15 mins yesterday just to try it but did the entire thing today. I am SORE, my thighs..OUCH! I'm not sure how I'll feel tomorrow, are you supposed to do this every day for 30 days?
    Do as often as you can handle. Work your hardest. As another one of my workout DVDs says: "Work your hardest, and you'll always get results."
    :laugh: I sweat all the time, whether I feel like it's hard or not (though, in this care, it's really hard!). My mom has said that she's never seen a baby sweat, before she had me. Everyone's different.
    I will say that on Friday I have to get 3 or five pound weights. I have 2 and 8 - too heavy and too light. I have to get the middle ground players for this weekend.
    That's what I use. :happy: I use 5 lbs on the lunges and tricep moves, and now on the lying down move with weights for the chest.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday (I've started it a couple times, but I'm hoping this time it will stick). I like that it is short - I can definitely fit it in every day. The first strength and cardio sets really get to me, especially the jump rope for whatever reason, but after that first round it seems to go more easily. I'm only using 2 lb weights, and I struggle with a few of the strength moves with those, so I applaud those of you using heavier weights!

I don't have any way of taking my measurements right now, so I don't have those yet, but I plan on taking them today or tomorrow. I hope those will be an extra motivation in addition to losing weight.

Keep it up, everyone!
  • mamafoofer
    Options
    Ok, so D2,L1...not as bad as I remember from the first time I tried to do it. I actually woke up early this morning and did it-tomorrow the goal is to get up a bit earlier to do the workout and then walk my dogs (usually walk them in the morning but couldn't fit both in today). I do feel good this morning, not in nearly as bad a mood as I usually am going to work,lol!
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just want to say "welcome" to those who are new to the thread. Noticed some new names and thought I would say - you were noticed.

So, this cold is kicking my butt!!! However, I still plan to keep going with this. Today is a C25k training day so I am not sure if I am going to do shred tonight. My run in in 20min so if I give myself til 9 tonight I might have enough recovery time.

I remember someone saying they hated her comment about the 400lb people who can do jumping jacks....I have to say, it annoyed me too. But did not notice that later, during the punches, she says that punching is a good way to get in cardio if you have a lower body injury? I guess that is suppose to be a clue for those who really cannot do the jacks with out feeling like to is offering a general way to not do the jacks.

Good idea about muting or turning her down low and playing music. I might use that tonight. Starting to learn the video so needing her to talk to me less and less.

Well, time to prep for run. Have a great day everyone! Let's get shredded!! (sorry, Jillian's line, could not resist the corny comment.....lol:laugh: )
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Haha. I look forward to it! I may swipe the sweat and save it in my scrapbook and mark it as first real sweat from workouts ever!. That is. If I had one. Yeah right!
    [/quote]

hahaha- that sounds exactly like me..i just might do the same.lol
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i just finished L1 day 8.

i dont feel like anything it getting easier..the 2nd and 3rd circuit cardio is..but thats about it. The push ups and the side lunges with the weights..not at all..i still have to take a 2 second break- miss 1 or two and then add it on at the end before i move on to the cardio..so im def. not looking forward to how much harder L2 will be. but i will be starting it on day 11 no matter what cause L1 hasnt given me any results so far.

i wonder if people who are close to there goal weight (im 14 pds away) still see as much of a result (in inches) that other people do. cause i can say from experience- counting calories, other dvds..everything i tried is not taking those last 14 pounds off...thats why i did this dvd..in hopes to loose something inch wise.

the past 3 days ive really had to push myself to do thid dvd, idk if im just getting bored or maybe thought i would notice a change by the end of level 1, but whatever it is..im just not looking forward to doing it. BUT i do it anyway..day 9 L1 tomorrow. wish me luck on L2 which is right around the corner..
  • sneakers71
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 - here we go. Got up at 5am to get it done. so far I feel pretty good. Later today I will decide if I'm going to do zumba tonight also - wish me luck!

SW: 125.5
    bust: 34
    waist: 25.5
    belly: 29
    hip: 37.5
    L thigh: 21 R thigh: 21.5