30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• Tina20111
    Options
    I will be starting the 30 day shred today. Does anyone know how many calories you burn for each level?
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I tried level 1 of the 30 DS last night...man, was it a butt kicker! I barely made it through...Jillian is no joke! I can tell you can definetly lose weight doing that. This morning, I did level 1 of Bob's Boot Camp. I think I may alternate that and the 30 day shred....definetly both good work outs!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Going to go do D1L1 right now. I will probably only do this on Tuesdays since every other day I go to different classes at the gym . But we will see. I'll be back to post what I thought and how I did. Hopefully I won't feel sick after finishing up some of my Valentines goodies, haha.

I felt great. My Fitbit read 171 calories burned which is not bad considering the Fitbit does not pick up weight training very well.
  • krystlenicole
    krystlenicole Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 2 of the 30 day shred...I don't think it will get easier! :)
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    Did L1D2 today, right after I got home from the gym this morning (in hindsight, this was probably not a good idea). Made it through, though, and actually did a little better than I did on day 1 I think, even though my thighs have been sore all day yesterday and all day today.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Today was L1D3 for me. Still couldn't do half the pushups. I did slightly better on the jumping jacks. All was good until right between the first set of butt kicks and the first set of punches. I seriously had to stop for a minute because I was going to puke. Not sure if my dinner hadn't digested properly yet (although it had been 2 hours since I had last ate) or what, but it almost got real ugly. The side lunges and arm raises were a lot easier! I always find the abs the easiest, even the bicycle crunches! Not a great workout overall, but I finished.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just did my very first day of 30-day Shred and so far I am loving it! I feel like the workouts are perfectly balanced! I can't wait to see what the next 29 days brings!!!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!
    I'm late today posting about my "lovely" workout. Today was L1D8. *sighs* I actually got a little bored when I finally figured out the cycles and what was coming up... But that's okay! I have just 2 more days on this level! I'm looking forward to Level 2. Don't get me wrong, bored does NOT equal easy! It's still hard! I can't get past barely 15 girlie pushups...though, yesterday I did 2 regular pushups!! For the first time...E.V.E.R....in my life! I struggled on the 2nd one but I don't care. I freakin' did it! I'm hoping by the end of this 30 day thang I can do maybe 10! My oh my the goals we never saw before. haha.

I also ate bad today *hangs head*.This morning I had eggos *gasps* with SYRUP!!!! *GASPS* (steens has way less calories than regular syrup so I did ok there?) and mcd's for lunch :sad: . I was craaaaaving carbs. Probably because I need to go grocery shopping and get some healthy food in my house that I can munch on :drinker: and don't give myself time to crave anything. Dang it! :grumble: Heigh-ho heigh-ho it's off to wal-mart I go!! *whistles* It was a miracle I stayed under my calories for today! Even if they were bad ones. haha.
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today was day 29 for me! Almost shredded! Keep it up everyone!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm skipping a day in between my shred workouts. I did L1D2 today. I did better because I knew what would happen next and endured the cardio with the jump rope and j.jacks better than 1st day. I hate sit ups but persevered through most of them. I know this workout will show results and make me physically stronger.
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ok so today will be my day 5 I took two days off which I did not want to do. My daughter (who is 3) wanted to sleep next to me three nights ago and as a result I slept on my side on the edge of the bed. I woke up with a ton of pain in my shoulder and was not in any shape to lift weights (I couldn't even lift my son who is 1) let alone have Jillian kick my butt. But boy I have been feeling the effects of that. I know that if I don't do the video tonight it will be my demise. I hope that this forum is what I need to stick with it. I am telling you all that despited the fact I have about 5 hours of work staring me in the face right now (at its 830) I am going to carve out 20 min when I get stressed and do it! There I comitted...someone check up on me and make sure I followed through! :D
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    L1D3 down. I WILL make it through that aerobic combo in the first circuit without taking a couple quick breathers! It's my calves. No matter how much I stretch before that section kills them. It'll get better. I have faith my body will adapt!
    The first time I did the 30DS I totally had a big issue with my calves. In fact I had to stop because I pulled one, but the next time I started (two weeks later) I had no problems. They really do get over it quickly. Keep it up, something new will hurt tomorrow =)
  • utahsis
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation to join with the group. I'll start tomorrow.
  • 21by21
    21by21 Posts: 12
    Options
    The soreness was almost gone today which was a lovely treat. I had a test this morning at 8 and then classes all the way until 6:30 so I decided to do my workout at night instead of morning or early afternoon. I was so busy today by the time 7 pm rolls around, i still have over 1000 calories I needed to eat. Sadly, I got coerced into going to eat pizza rolls with a big group of my friends. I managed to only go over my dieting calorie intake by about 100 calories, but I am still upset with myself. Dang that peer pressure. lol.

Anyway, I did L1D3 at around 10:30 tonight and it was so much easier than it has been the past two days. I managed to do quite a few regular push-ups and only had to stop for a 2 second break during the side lunges. I m super impressed with myself.
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    D3L1 done. It was a little easier today. I did turn the volume down on the video and play my own music - just have to pay attention to timing. what is causing me the most pain is my shoulders. They are the weakest. It is why I cannot make it thru the first circuit. The second set of push up's is almost impossible.

Otherwise - good day. I don't log this work out. With everything else I do the calorie burn is minimal and it is my extra. i just make sure I seat my cals. Missed it today. had to take #2 to pitching practice so I was not able to eat. Going to pop and protein bite on my way to bed.

Night all!
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    so i just did L1 day 9.
    first let me say i sooo didnt want to work out today. i was in a crap mood and my mom is coming in from NY this morning.
    her flight got delayed and i just said forget it, i have the extra time now, might as well do it. Its been 9 days straight for me. i dont know if im sick of level1 or sick of this dvd but i really have to push myself to just shut up and do it. thankfully tomorrow is day 10 and then i can move onto level 2..which i gotta say im afraid to do because L1 is still hard for me.

let me break it down for u.
    circuit 1- i still cant do a whole 30 seconds worth of girlie pushups. i can do three. miss 2 and repeat. and whatever i miss- lets say 5. i pause the dvd and do them before i move on to cardio so that im still doing the same amount, i just cant do that many in a row.

circuit 1 cardio- kills me. i can barely make it.

all of circuit 2- is fine. doesnt bother me at all.

circuit 3- all fine except the side lunges- i gotta do what i do with the push ups.
    i hope i can even do L2 since the strength is 1 is still really hard.

i also hope i see some results once L2 is cpmpleted. cause 1 didnt give me any. :(
  • 100poundsless
    Options
    I do the shred on and off, I've never really gotten past Level 1. I just use it to change things up. I usually run/dance. But it's a great workout, despite my nagging urge to punch Jillian by the end of it. Heh. I'll try and move to Level 2 next week and see if I survive it.
  • aalexander0607
    aalexander0607 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello all, i have completed two days of the shred and then i took a day off from it and did C25K to stick with that program and hopefully give my muscles a break! I just finished W7 of C25K which means its just straight running for 20-30 min from now on. Is anyone else using the shred and C25K together? If so, tell me how you are rotating them, or if you are doing them both on the same day.

As for the shred, I also CANNOT do the push-ups! Not even the girl ones! Not even one! i think that is why my shoulders and arms took the worst punch after the first 2 days.

Also, I know everyone hates the side lunges, but I kind of like them. However, I am not using any weights and don't plan on using them at all!

What are you guys doing for muscle soreness? Massage? Hot bath? Lots of water? or just rest? i need some ideas.

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to hear about everyones great results!!!
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    I just finished D6L1. Really pushing myself to my max the past couple of days is helping to boost the workout a notch.

For those worried about Level 2 - as far as I concerned and quite a few other people have told me the same thing, Level 2 is easier than Level 1. For me the WORST part is Level 1 circuit 1!!!!! :tongue:

I am also TRYING to do C25K along with the 30 day shred. My dh and I are doing it together and he hasn't been able to much for the past couple weeks and he is getting his wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. :tongue: So I have been repeating Week 3 or just walking and jogging on the treadmill all at the same time. On Monday I did the 30 day shred, then walked/jogged 5 miles and my feet and calves were killing me in the evening, so I am taking it a bit easier this week.
  • barbhuddleston
    Options
    She scares me too!! lol...but I have been thinking she is what I NEED!! I'm going to get it this weekend and start with you all!