30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just completed L1D1 of 30 Day Shred. Wow...I'm sore already! Not looking forward to the pain tomorrow, but will work through it.
  • meadows654
    Options
    So is anyone else excited that she's coming out with a new DVD? It's called Ripped in 30. Same premise, except there are 4 levels and you up a level every week instead of every 10 days. Each workout is supposed to be just as short and killer as 30 Day Shred. Only 2 weeks to go! It comes out March 1st.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So is anyone else excited that she's coming out with a new DVD? It's called Ripped in 30. Same premise, except there are 4 levels and you up a level every week instead of every 10 days. Each workout is supposed to be just as short and killer as 30 Day Shred. Only 2 weeks to go! It comes out March 1st.

Excellent! Of course, 30 Day shred is still kicking my fanny, so I'm excited and terrified! The new DVD should be out just as I wrap up Shred! I smell a challenge!
  • chelebe
    chelebe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hate JILLIAN MICHEAL!!!!!!!!!!! I love JILIAN MICHEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a fat girl trying to do the 30 day shred. Some day it kills me, others I feel great.

I have been doing LVL1 for 3 weeks. I have lost 10 pounds, 4 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips. I do feel better and I have more energy.

If you are just starting the shred, let my recommend you alternate the shred with some other form of exercise. I orginaly did not and had some bad sore muscles.

I have moved up in weights and am trying to move up a level next week. wish me luck and good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ok you guys have convinced me. Plus, I can't take the pressure I've been putting on myself. I'm going to do 30DS every other day. I'll do it on my off days from C25K. There's NO deadline to finish, despite the tizzy I have myself in to complete it in 30 days. If I want to do it on back to back days, I will. But I don't HAVE to. When I get stronger, and can run AND do Shred, I will. But until that point, I have to alternate the two. Otherwise I'll either half-*kitten* both, injure myself, or quit altogher. None of these three things are an option. Why on earth do I put so much pressure on myself?

Well tonight I'm going to take a rest day. Tomorrow, I'll resume my running. Wednesday, I'll pick up shred, and then do every other until further notice. And I'm not moving on past Level 1 until I can follow that Natalie. I'm just praying I'll have it all memorized soon so I can mute the tv and not have to listed to that Jillian talk incessantly throughout the whole thing.
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just bought it at WallMart...wasn't looking for it, but there it was...I will have to do it at my own pace due to my fibromyalgia...but I am making the effort!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ok you guys have convinced me. Plus, I can't take the pressure I've been putting on myself. I'm going to do 30DS every other day. I'll do it on my off days from C25K. There's NO deadline to finish, despite the tizzy I have myself in to complete it in 30 days. If I want to do it on back to back days, I will. But I don't HAVE to. When I get stronger, and can run AND do Shred, I will. But until that point, I have to alternate the two. Otherwise I'll either half-*kitten* both, injure myself, or quit altogher. None of these three things are an option. Why on earth do I put so much pressure on myself?

Well tonight I'm going to take a rest day. Tomorrow, I'll resume my running. Wednesday, I'll pick up shred, and then do every other until further notice. And I'm not moving on past Level 1 until I can follow that Natalie. I'm just praying I'll have it all memorized soon so I can mute the tv and not have to listed to that Jillian talk incessantly throughout the whole thing.

Yeah! You do so much already it seems. I think you put the pressure on yourself because you saw the number 30 and wanted it done in 30 days. Where are you at in the 30ds? After the 2nd day I just couldn't listen to her anymore and put it on mute regardless of the fact that I didn't have it memorized. They move a tad slow in between exercises so I can pretty much figure out what's next. Good luck with the whole thing!

I did L1D7 just now...I tried to follow Natalie. I just can't do the butt kicks anymore!! It's killing my shins! So I do an alternate move that I'm fairly certain will help my saddlebags which is what I"m more worried about than my butt at this point. I'm proud to say I actually sweat this time. I have no idea why! Maybe because of the weather? ( I dreeeead summer!) But the workout went by much quicker this time and I felt like I did good considering I skipped yesterday. Sundays are my cheat days. I did horrible as far as food but I made up for it today. I've exercised. Watching what I eat and not eating back my extra calories today. Anyhoo...see ya'll later!
  • abbylane35
    Options
    Oh My Goodness...I sure was sore today after my Day 1 Level 1...I went ahead and did my lunchtime workout anyway...only did a mile and a quarter on the elliptical...I couldn't bear the thigh pain anymore...and then did three miles on the recumbent bike. I could hardly walk up, or down, the stairs. I'm a teacher, so the kids were asking me if I was okay as I moaned and groaned after lunch ;) I came home and attempted the D2L1...and did most of it, even though Jillian got rather annoying at the end. May take a break from Jillian tomorrow (I know, only on day 3), but you never know...I may feel up to it tomorrow. Will still do my cardio tomorrow during lunch. Right now I am dreading the fact that I work on the second story because I will have to go up and down the stairs about 18 times tomorrow and I was in so much pain today. Oh, well, no pain no gain, right?
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Oh My Goodness...I sure was sore today after my Day 1 Level 1...I went ahead and did my lunchtime workout anyway...only did a mile and a quarter on the elliptical...I couldn't bear the thigh pain anymore...and then did three miles on the recumbent bike. I could hardly walk up, or down, the stairs. I'm a teacher, so the kids were asking me if I was okay as I moaned and groaned after lunch ;) I came home and attempted the D2L1...and did most of it, even though Jillian got rather annoying at the end. May take a break from Jillian tomorrow (I know, only on day 3), but you never know...I may feel up to it tomorrow. Will still do my cardio tomorrow during lunch. Right now I am dreading the fact that I work on the second story because I will have to go up and down the stairs about 18 times tomorrow and I was in so much pain today. Oh, well, no pain no gain, right?

L1D2 KIIIIILLLED me! My friends were laughing at me because I was walking like an old lady up and down stairs and getting in and out of my car and I'm not that bad!! I totally think you can keep doing it! At least the first 4 days in a row. that way your muscles are still working and getting used to the workout. it DOES get better! The pain does, not Jillian's voice. haha. I muted it after the 2nd day.

And you're right. NO PAIN NO GAIN!!
  • mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    About to leave work to start Day 5 of level one! Still feeling sore from the first 4 days, but I still have lots of energy (even after working all day) and know I can battle through the 25 minutes! I have not taken a day off and still not sure if I want to. This is really the only intense exercise I am doing right now so I think I should just do it everyday. On the weekends we usually take the dogs on a long hike/walk (3 miles or more), but other than that I don't do much exercise. If I decide to do something else I might alternate, but for now i think everyday will be my goal.
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else NOT sweat much doing this dvd? Even if you give it all you got? I only sweat a little bit. I was never much of a sweater when I worked out or did anything.

same here. i never sweat either and even if i feel lik eim dying to this dvd or any other..im slightly sticky. thats about it
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Does anyone else NOT sweat much doing this dvd? Even if you give it all you got? I only sweat a little bit. I was never much of a sweater when I worked out or did anything.

same here. i never sweat either and even if i feel lik eim dying to this dvd or any other..im slightly sticky. thats about it

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not trying hard enough.
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    L1D10 complete! Today, thanks to the advice of Steph, I took it a little slower and tried to watch my form since my ankles are killing me. I did try to follow Natalie and did well except for the push-ups. I think I am going to wait a day or two to move up in hopes that my ankles will feel a little better. Keep up the good work ladies! This video is no joke :noway:
  • lizfran
    Options
    I have the Shred It with Weights DVD. Is this completely different from the 30 day Shred? I know it is a different DVD but I did not want to go by another if it is basically the same just with weights. LOL
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

I don't sweat enough and I work my butt off! that's why I jump on the elliptical after. My heart rate is already up and I sweat buckets. I love it!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm L2 Day 5 and my hips are killing me all the time, not like my arms that just hurt for a little bit afterwards. I'm hoping this means I'm losing inches!! If not pounds....
  • sweetNsassy2584
    Options
    L1 D5.. I took yesterday off because I was tired after my 2 mile bike ride towing my son behind me.. That was killer! It was tough but come day 11 I'm on to L2
  • sweetNsassy2584
    Options
    I have lost 2 inches on my hips and 1/2 inch on my waist!!
  • abbylane35
    Options

L1D2 KIIIIILLLED me! My friends were laughing at me because I was walking like an old lady up and down stairs and getting in and out of my car and I'm not that bad!! I totally think you can keep doing it! At least the first 4 days in a row. that way your muscles are still working and getting used to the workout. it DOES get better! The pain does, not Jillian's voice. haha. I muted it after the 2nd day.

And you're right. NO PAIN NO GAIN!!

Ok...so I'm glad it's not just me! I feel 80 years old tonight...my husband is laughing at me because I couldn't get out of my chair at dinner!
  • bp1140
    bp1140 Posts: 24
    Options
    I did not get out of bed early this morning, so I decided I did not have time to do 30ds before work when I planned to begin. I spent a good portion of today thinking of reasons I would NOT be able to do it tonight... then I remembered my commitment to all of you and decided- oh what the heck I will do it!

Right now I am feeling very proud and motivated after L1d1... ask me again when I wake up and have to get out of bed in the morning!

I may regret the fact that I pushed through and did almost all the reps of all the exercises... I am taking her message to heart that I may as well work hard for that 20 minutes!

I am thinking I will do this in the afternoons when I get home from teaching and have just picked my kids up from school. That is when I usually sneak away for a little nap. This will be time much better spent!

Thanks for doing this together!!! Now on to Day 2!