Options

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I live by double entendre and innuendo.
  • Ananke65
    Options
    I think, for some, flirting is an escape from real life trials and tribulations. It's harmless and fun, and it's good for the ego.

If it becomes creepy then that's not good.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    i have banter with people i like, i flirt with men i am sexually attracted to.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    it is only flirting if the person is within drivable range, otherwise it just goofy chatting and trying to be funny :tongue:

I have to agree...doesn't do much for my ego..IU don't mean to sound crude, but what someone I don't know from another state may think of whatever doesn't impress me....I prefer friendly chatting..but I wouldn't call it flirting..and mostly with women on here about weight etc
    In person I am a horrible flirt so on line I am possibly even worse at it...
  • Ananke65
    Options
    Wouldn't know if someone was flirting or crushing me if they hit me over the head. :ohwell:
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Haha...I'm not really sure when people are flirting either. I don't mind a little harmless flirting.. It's always great when you get a little attention especially for us married folks like me...I think. I like it at least! :tongue:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Haha...I'm not really sure when people are flirting either. I don't mind a little harmless flirting.. It's always great when you get a little attention especially for us married folks like me...I think. I like it at least! :tongue:
    I turn around to see if they are typing to the person behind me.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I am the bomb for starting the MFP crush thread...
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    LOL what has gotten into everyone at MFP?! I am seeing a lot of topics on flirting and what you find attractive, etc, etc. Hahaha..too funny. :smooched: :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    LOL what has gotten into everyone at MFP?! I am seeing a lot of topics on flirting and what you find attractive, etc, etc. Hahaha..too funny. :smooched: :laugh:

One of my pet peeves is that sometimes "support" here is defined as a rah rah thing and that has a place but also nice to have folks actually talk about things too.
    Sure,maybe it is a little risqué here and there but have found several new friends in the last few days and everyone (I think) has a better feel for how we all are in life.

Probably sounds silly or "too deep" and not really saying it right I guess.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

One of my pet peeves is that sometimes "support" here is defined as a rah rah thing and that has a place but also nice to have folks actually talk about things too.
    Sure,maybe it is a little risqué here and there but have found several new friends in the last few days and everyone (I think) has a better feel for how we all are in life.

No Carl..I've only been here for a short while and I agree with you.
    This IS the fun and games section. We can sweat it in the upper forums with nutrition and exercise issues.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Ill tell you what has gotten into everyone. Spring is just around the corner and everyone is getting Twitterpated! LOL:love:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    "twitterpated" <---- bwahahahah never heard that word being used before. Im going to have to add it to my vocab. LOL!!!

Ill tell you what has gotten into everyone. Spring is just around the corner and everyone is getting Twitterpated! LOL:love:
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    **walking away from this subject** FAR AWAY! :wink: :laugh:
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options

No Carl..I've only been here for a short while and I agree with you.
    This IS the fun and games section. We can sweat it in the upper forums with nutrition and exercise issues.

Perfectly said!!
  • Ananke65
    Options
    it is only flirting if the person is within drivable range, otherwise it just goofy chatting and trying to be funny :tongue:

So, anywhere within the continental US and Canada is driveable......
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I guess I like the way you look at it. I'm FLIRTY (affectionate, playful, joking) with friends, even my friends' husbands. Knowing it won't go anywhere and I don't want it to.

I think when I'm flirting to someone I'm attracted to, it is definitely in hopes it will go somewhere.

I think this is a good way of putting it... I can be hugely flirty... whether I want something more or not. I think it's all about having fun and being playful. There are of course some firms of flirtation that take things further than they should, and I am probably an offender of that, but I say go with the flow.

On MFP, I think most people are involved and as long as it is harmless (meaning there will likely never be a personal meeting), then what's the harm? I know there is a such thing as emotional cheating, and I suppose that's something else that has to be evaluated, but if flirting gets you hot n bothered enough to ravage your S.O., then why not??
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options

Chicken

(ohh that made me hungry)
  • elfie9863
    Options
    I agree RJ. Especially in our group of friends things get awfully "playful" and downright raunchy sometimes lol. I've never considered it flirting in the slightest!

Off the subject...but those horses are too cool!....I have a fat old quarterhorse, hoping to get a new horse this summer. Love those Paints!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

:bigsmile: :laugh::laugh: