New "married 30 something" group anyone??

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    California in 2002. My husband (then boyfriend) and I were still in college. We flew out to San Jose where his brother and his girlfriend picked us up. Right off the plane, we hit a modern art museum and after hopped in the van to travel down to Big Sur National Forest. We stopped in Montery on the way, and a couple other little stops, and stayed in a rustic little cabin complex in Big Sur (and did some hiking) and even though we were in the what seemed like the middle of nowhere, these amazing little restaurants were scattered up and down the highway. We ended the second half of the week in the San Fran doing all the sightseeing and walking around in brisk March weather. So we got the best of both worlds.....
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Favorite trip??

That is a really tough one. I added it up and I've been to 17 different countries....
    But right now I would have to say my trip back to Africa last year. I lived there for over 3 yrs but I hadn't been since 2002. Originally I was supposed to climb Mt Kilimanjaro until I tore my ACL, so our first week plans changed. We flew into Kenya, went on 3 safaris in Tanzania, relaxed on the beaches of Zanzibar Island, made our way to the little village in Zambia where I used to live, hung out at Victoria Falls, took an overland truck across Botswana into South Africa, went on more safaris and ended up in Cape Town with penguins, whales and wine. It was a long month, but incredibly fun.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    Have you ever been to "Devils Pool" at Victoria Falls?
  • sbracken
    sbracken Posts: 79
    Options
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Question for the Day! =)

Q) What was one of your favorite trips/vacations that you've been on?

The cruise we took last year! It was a 7 day cruise, plus we were in Miami (South Beach) for 2 days prior to the cruise and one night after the cruise. The weather was perfect and there was always something to do that was different than the day before. Plus we were there with 10 of our friends which made it even more enjoyable! Plus the beautiful ports we went to...where you could just hang on the ship for the day (like I did for Jamaica) or go out and explore on your own or with an excursion group.
  • lizard9800
    Options

Is that the one near Livingstone Island where you have to walk across the top during the dry season? Last October was the driest I have ever seen the Falls in my 5 visits.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Favorite trip/vacation?

It was the one of the furthest but quickest trips I have ever been on but so totally worth it! We drove for 24 hrs straight through from Arkansas to Utah to my friends house...which I had never actually met in person. We had met in a weight loss group online and became the best of friends. They had a boat for sale that was exactly what my husband wanted so it was the perfect excuse for us to finally meet in person. We only stayed 24 hrs and then made the return trip home. It was so exciting to finally meet her and her family and we have become closer than ever. Planning a longer trip this year to see her and this time I plan to fly!
  • spcopps
    Options

Is that the one near Livingstone Island where you have to walk across the top during the dry season? Last October was the driest I have ever seen the Falls in my 5 visits.

Yes that's the one..where you can walk/swim to the edge of the falls without going "over".
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Well, this is not quite Victoria falls :) ... but we were able to sit right next to where it fell, beautiful! :)

Burgess Falls in TN
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1455691876750&set=a.1455667676145.61091.1366943394&theater
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    Not sure if that was the public link or not, here's one that will work for sure:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1232142&l=c0596df065&id=1366943394
  • Cortez123
    Cortez123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Question for the Day! =)

Q) What was one of your favorite trips/vacations that you've been on?

A) Hawaii. My husband and I went to both Oahu and Maui. It was beautiful. We went hiking and were pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful waterfall. We went sightseeing - Pearl Harbor. We also went on a helicopter ride. On this ride, we were able to view a volcano at a very safe but close angle. My husband and I had a blast! :happy:
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Well, this is not quite Victoria falls :) ... but we were able to sit right next to where it fell, beautiful! :)

Burgess Falls in TN

That is beautiful. And much safer than Devils Pool.
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/devilspool.asp#photo2
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    LOL ... I think I'd give my wife a heart attack ... how awesome and crazy all at once!!! =)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Not sure if that was the public link or not, here's one that will work for sure:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1232142&l=c0596df065&id=1366943394

That is an awesome picture!:smile:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    33, married for 15 years (16 on May 4th) and we have a 17 year old daughter.

My favorite vacation was for our 15th anniversary. We went to a mountain town about an hour away from San Diego. We stayed in this really romantic inn. There wasn't a whole lot to do in the town so we spent a lot of time just being together. Taking walks, reading together in a hammock, playing board games, star-gazing, etc... We never had a honeymoon and that was a very first trip alone together.
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have had several great trips, but I think this year's summer vacation will beat them all: My hubby and I are going on a 15 day trip to Tanzania in Africa. 6 days on safari followed by a week at a gorgeous resort on Zanzibar. I can't wait, already counting the days until July 21!
  • scoops13
    scoops13 Posts: 31
    Options
    Burgess Falls?? Is that in Cookeville? I've heard of it but have never been there. Cookeville is about three hours from where we live. May have to check that out if so!
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    Burgess Falls?? Is that in Cookeville? I've heard of it but have never been there. Cookeville is about three hours from where we live. May have to check that out if so!

Sparta? - http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/BurgessFalls/
  • lizard9800
    Options
    I have had several great trips, but I think this year's summer vacation will beat them all: My hubby and I are going on a 15 day trip to Tanzania in Africa. 6 days on safari followed by a week at a gorgeous resort on Zanzibar. I can't wait, already counting the days until July 21!

Serengeti area of TZ? Ngorogoro was my favorite. Amazing.
    Which beach on Zanzibar? North or East I'm guessing? Stone Town is a cool town. Like the vibe.
  • spcopps
    Options
    I personally could never do the "Devil's pool" I'm a chicken. A friend of mine just moved to Africa and he sent pics of he and his wife at the falls. I laughed because he looked scared as hell while his wife looked like she was having the time of her life...Here is the link to one of their pics.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sumeetandruna/5430755016/in/set-72157626005143996/.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    You all sound so amazing, going global! Our trips are usually restricted to our local mountains for camping and fishing. I would love to take some of the trips that you're describing! :happy: