Date ideas...

Options

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Thanks! In no way does he take me for granted. It's just a busy schedule and being tired thing and us having to get off our lazy butts to make time for one another I guess.

If that makes sense, haha.

Did you read where I said my husband was diagnosed with cancer the day my daughter was born??? And he was going TDY with the military for over half the year, and going to school full time.

Tired and busy don't cut it. :huh: Make time now...before you loose the chance too.

QFT
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Thanks! In no way does he take me for granted. It's just a busy schedule and being tired thing and us having to get off our lazy butts to make time for one another I guess.

Did you read where I said my husband was diagnosed with cancer the day my daughter was born??? And he was going TDY with the military for over half the year, and going to school full time.

Tired and busy don't cut it. :huh: Make time now...before you loose the chance too.

THANKS! I will. :tongue:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    This has been a fun discussion to follow!!

Ty - you know the girl better than anyone, so you've got to figure what makes her tick... if you want light keep it dinner and a night cap (drinks what have you). If you want more you'll have to figure that one out just don't do a movie where you can't talk and you sit there wondering.... is this a date, are we having a good time?? Ice cream place... whatever keep it simple

Determined2Drop - everyone deserves to be treated well - EVERYONE. Plain simple. Have you communicated your wants with your BF? I would start there for the relationship... Have you considered that you don't value yourself enough?? Demand what should be yours - if you don't you're not going to get it.. if he's used to taking you for granted... why should he change?

My 2 cents!

Good advice TNTPete :bigsmile: Ty: :smile: you seem like a wonderful person. Big hearted, funny, trustworthy, hardworking, etc... I'm sure whatever you do will be great. There are some good ideas on here...I say take notes from Shannon and Fatsis...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Determined2Drop: :cry: I know at one point I had to demand a change with my fiance. I was ready to call it quits. And when he saw how serious I was he made some changes. You can't change someone completely and if you want to you shouldn't be with them. But compromise is very important as long as you're not compromising your own self worth. Everyone deserves respect and love. And if you feel you're not getting it you need to communicate that. If you love each other enough, you find a way to work through any issues you have....And look at us now 6 months after I put my foot down, he proposed and we're getting married. Been together almost 4 years now and things keep getting better and better. He notices I'm happier, taking care of myself better, and we're getting along so so much better. It's wonderful. Mind you we all have problems at times but we communicate so much better now....You have to communicate and demand what you feel you need. You say you understand and you love him but if it weren't an issue, you wouldn't have brought it up. Communicate and either love each other enough to work through it, or decide if it may be best to move on.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options

Ty - you know the girl better than anyone, so you've got to figure what makes her tick... if you want light keep it dinner and a night cap (drinks what have you). If you want more you'll have to figure that one out just don't do a movie where you can't talk and you sit there wondering.... is this a date, are we having a good time?? Ice cream place... whatever keep it simple

Determined2Drop - everyone deserves to be treated well - EVERYONE. Plain simple. Have you communicated your wants with your BF? I would start there for the relationship... Have you considered that you don't value yourself enough?? Demand what should be yours - if you don't you're not going to get it.. if he's used to taking you for granted... why should he change?

My 2 cents!

Good advice TNTPete :bigsmile: Ty: :smile: you seem like a wonderful person. Big hearted, funny, trustworthy, hardworking, etc... I'm sure whatever you do will be great. There are some good ideas on here...I say take notes from Shannon and Fatsis...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Determined2Drop: :cry: I know at one point I had to demand a change with my fiance. I was ready to call it quits. And when he saw how serious I was he made some changes. You can't change someone completely and if you want to you shouldn't be with them. But compromise is very important as long as you're not compromising your own self worth. Everyone deserves respect and love. And if you feel you're not getting it you need to communicate that. If you love each other enough, you find a way to work through any issues you have....And look at us now 6 months after I put my foot down, he proposed and we're getting married. Been together almost 4 years now and things keep getting better and better. He notices I'm happier, taking care of myself better, and we're getting along so so much better. It's wonderful. Mind you we all have problems at times but we communicate so much better now....You have to communicate and demand what you feel you need. You say you understand and you love him but if it weren't an issue, you wouldn't have brought it up. Communicate and either love each other enough to work through it, or decide if it may be best to move on.

Thank you for the sweet and kind advice. I have taken it to heart. Thanks to everyone. :happy:

This topic wasn't even about me, but you saw I needed advice and help. Thank you soo much.

I will talk to my man today.

:heart:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

QFT

Quantum field theory? or Quoted from truth?
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

QFT

Quantum field theory? or Quoted from truth?

Haha, you are correct with one, but I'm not telling you which. :wink: :tongue:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Ha. I was thinking the same thing.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

That is a pretty good wake up call for all of us. I pray everything is ok now Princess.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

My 2 cents!

Thank you for the sweet and kind advice. I have taken it to heart. Thanks to everyone. :happy:

This topic wasn't even about me, but you saw I needed advice and help. Thank you soo much.

If you need me to stand behind you with a baseball bat so he gets the point, just let me know. :wink:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

That is a pretty good wake up call for all of us. I pray everything is ok now Princess.

Good point...I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers...And you're right, you never know when someone you love won't be there. Live every day as if it's your last......well of course if it were my last, and I knew it, I might not be at work...:laugh: J/K but seriously live life, love, laugh...and all that good stuff. And dont take one single breath for granted. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options

My 2 cents!

If you need me to stand behind you with a baseball bat so he gets the point, just let me know. :wink:

I think I'll be alright with out the bat, but thanks! :tongue: Much appreciated, haha.
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    Sorry I’m a little late on this post!

Ty, the last time Charlie was in town I took him to Clifty Falls – it’s a state park with waterfalls and great hiking…we ate at this wonderful restaurant that overlooks the Ohio river and then went hiking for most of the day. Then that evening we went into town and walked down on the river front…I surprised him with a ridiculously awesome carriage ride right at sunset and it was PERFECT!!!...I doubt either of us will ever forget that date!

I know you two aren’t all that serious or whatever yet, but if she likes to be outdoors and all that my vote is taking her somewhere where she can take in all of the wonderful beauty God created!...trust me…nothing better than that!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Date???? Date??? What's that? :cry:

I hear that!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Okay, do you have a minor league baseball team nearby. Those are always fun.
    Or, if you're crazy... a roller rink! hahaha, it's always really funny to see people on roller skates!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Haha! For a later, more "important milestone date" the best date I've ever been on was a hot air balloon ride! We had a picnic afterwards, and it was amazing.

State parks are always really cool too, and a lot of them have waterfalls or other really neat stuff that can make for great pictures or picnic spots!

Goods Luck with your date, although you are breaking my heart a wee bit :wink:
  • fatsis
    Options
    Your on the list for the limo pickup.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
  • fatsis
    Options
    Was it that bad Princess. (edited)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Was it that bad Princess. (edited)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL Notice I quickly deleted it??? LOL SHHHHHH!!! Good thing nobody saw and quoted me! :wink: :bigsmile:

• damselfly25
    Options
    Date huh...Do people actually date anymore? Around here everyone goes out in groups or with friends...or to clubs. It's been forever since I've been on a date...so maybe I writing this as a good mind-bender for me...what would be a good date.

Maybe an art gallery opening with drinks (or coffee) after. We have First Fridays around here where all the shops and galleries stay open. Its a relaxing way to enjoy each others company without alot of pressure trying to play to her likes and dislikes (theater, sports,movies). But I don't know. Iused tolike playing pool because it's win-win...If your good and she's bad you can "teach" her, or visa-versa or if you're both good it can be a bit competative...and of you both suck its fun to laugh as you knock balls around the table (no pun intended)...same with bowling.