30 Day Slim-down-starting feb14/11

Options

Replies

• lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ladies , did you look at what we need to do on DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    Jillian is going to kill us that day -LOL
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @up2me2lose20 : Congrats!! :smile:

Well, I took yesterday off as a rest day (and a "blah" day), so I had to do 30 DS L2 this morning and BFBM this evening. I did it!!! I can't say how much I love BFBM. I just love the endorphin rush you get from that. I'm beginning to not like 30DS so much in comparison after falling in love with it during the 30 Day Shred challenge. :laugh:

Confession: I got kind of lazy with the squat jumps and scissor jumps today. :embarassed:

Hope you all had a great day!!! :flowerforyou: Go us! :laugh:
  • lucielu2
    Options
    Hope u ladies are having a good weekend
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Hey hey there girls!! Hope all of you are having a great weekend. I definately did see Day 28... :sad: We are gonna be hurtingggg lol Brace yourselves girls! LOL.

BFBM is by far my fave!!:heart: I love the amazing feeling of kickboxing plus the adrenaline as well.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    Hey, ladies!!! Day 13 is done (unless I've lost track of the numbers or can't count :laugh: ). Felt good during NMTZ today. I managed to get it done in the morning.

What are you all planning on doing on the rest day tomorrow? I'm thinking of going for a hike (even though there may be snow here). I have cabin fever and NEED to get outside, even if it means layering myself in clothing and braving frost bite to do it. :laugh:

:heart:
  • lucielu2
    Options
    Hey, ladies!!! Day 13 is done (unless I've lost track of the numbers or can't count :laugh: ). Felt good during NMTZ today. I managed to get it done in the morning.

What are you all planning on doing on the rest day tomorrow? I'm thinking of going for a hike (even though there may be snow here). I have cabin fever and NEED to get outside, even if it means layering myself in clothing and braving frost bite to do it. :laugh:

Tommorow, im actually going to relax and watch movies all day -LOL

I truly think thats a rest day is good for the body(even though i feel guilty and weird about it)
  • lucielu2
    Options
    Hey hey there girls!! Hope all of you are having a great weekend. I definately did see Day 28... :sad: We are gonna be hurtingggg lol Brace yourselves girls! LOL.

BFBM is by far my fave!!:heart: I love the amazing feeling of kickboxing plus the adrenaline as well.

BFBM is my fav too for sure -loving all the cardio we will have to add it to our next challenge too.
  • tnkbest
    tnkbest Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    BUMP
    I am on day 4 level 1 of Thirty day shred. Was wondering what I would do after I completed the the 30 days. Now I know!! Thanks for the suggestion. Good luck to all of you. Can't wait the hear the results!
  • ileana84
    Options
    ^ thanks :) We'll definately rant about how awesome/crazy the challenge was :)....

Well today I have to do my exercise since I didnt do mine yesterday but after that Im hitting up the beach. Im in need of some good ol sunbathing and just peace. I hope everyone enjoys their rest day today :)
  • ileana84
    Options
    For some reason I really really dont like NMTZ lol After 25 mins Im waiting to switch it over. Today was one of those days, I did 25 mins, then mixed up my exercise with zumba,yoga and indian dancing.

:)

Hope everyone starts off the week well. I know I will ( I just found out my sister is having another baby) Yeyyyy!!!
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options

Tommorow, im actually going to relax and watch movies all day -LOL

I truly think thats a rest day is good for the body(even though i feel guilty and weird about it)

I just plain old rested too. Well, I did some shopping and housecleaning, but still...no real exercise. THe hubby asked if I was feeling okay. :)

How are you all doing QTZ? I did only 1/2 of each circuit today. Was going to do the entire last circuit as that's set up a bit differently, but I ran out of time.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options

How are you all doing QTZ? I did only 1/2 of each circuit today. Was going to do the entire last circuit as that's set up a bit differently, but I ran out of time.

According to JM, Quick Trouble Zones is supposed to be NMTZ without the floorwork... but that is a bit vague. Some of us are just doing NMTZ up to the last two floor circuits (ending with the cooldown, still, of course). If we didn't do ANY of the floor exercises then it would be really, really quick. I feel guilty not doing at least some ab work. :laugh: I think that doing half of each circuit like you did still gives you an awesome workout, though!!

I've done part 1 of today's workout (30DS Level 1). I'm trying to get my hubby and kids off the Wii so I can have my t.v. back to do QTZ!!!! :grumble: I get grumpy when someone is in the way of my workouts. :laugh:

Hope everyone's had a great day!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @ileana, congrats to your sister and your family! What wonderful news :D And I hear you on NMTZ :)

As for myself, today I had really sore, achey legs :frown: Owies, kinda felt like growing pains we would get as kids. So I only did Quick Trouble zones today. Hopefully after a good sleep they will feel better and then I plan on doing the first level of the shred with tomorrows workout (Shred lvl 2) See how that goes :)

Hope everyone had a lovely day! Here we had some crazy weather...random snowfalls then blue sky and sun..more snow, frozen rain then sun!

:flowerforyou:
  • lucielu2
    Options
    I did nmtz today-i know should be level 2 today but i had to switch today for tommorows workout and tommorows workout today as I will not alot of time tommrow so will be easier to do level 2 tommrow, thursday back to schedule-just had to do a switch up-lol

Hope all u ladies are doing greattttttttt
  • lucielu2
    Options
    For some reason I really really dont like NMTZ lol After 25 mins Im waiting to switch it over. Today was one of those days, I did 25 mins, then mixed up my exercise with zumba,yoga and indian dancing.

:)

Hope everyone starts off the week well. I know I will ( I just found out my sister is having another baby) Yeyyyy!!!

awesome i new baby , my sister and law just had her baby on the 27th ..its a boy
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    We are over 1/2 way done, ladies!!

Ripped in 30 is out today...don't have mine yet. Looks like 4 weeks of torture, I mean workouts, lol

I also just got 6 wk 6 pack at the grocery store of all places. On sale for $6! It's almost 2x that in the box stores, lol.

So many workout DVD's so little time.....
  • lucielu2
    Options
    We are over 1/2 way done, ladies!!

Ripped in 30 is out today...don't have mine yet. Looks like 4 weeks of torture, I mean workouts, lol

I also just got 6 wk 6 pack at the grocery store of all places. On sale for $6! It's almost 2x that in the box stores, lol.

i still did not receive my ripped in 30 days, orderred in from us and im on canada so maybe i will get it by mext week.Wow6$ is awsome i payed like 15.99 for that lol-never did it yet ,waiting for my next challenge.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow, time flies even if we are getting our butts kicked by Jillian! :wink:

Since we are half way through I think this question is good to ask...What exercise in any of the Jillian workouts do you feel you most improved on?

For myself I think it's the Plank Twists, the ones where we are in plank and bring your knees in one at a time and twist to the side. At first during the shred when those were introduced they were tough for me. The holding in plank part and gettin in the full twisting motion, but now I feel like I can totally rock them!

How about you? What's your most improved exercise?:flowerforyou:
  • curlygirlyful
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I've been doing the 30 day slimdown and wow I am sore today. I only did Level 1 yesterday because i wasnt feeling too well. Today I did Level two and NMTZ quick Workout. I'm definitally going to be sore tomorrow. Does anyone have the yoga meltdown? I know a lot of you are talking about doing 6 week 6 pack and shred it on the next challenge. Yoga meltdown would be a great dvd to do that with too.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    Wow, time flies even if we are getting our butts kicked by Jillian!

Since we are half way through I think this question is good to ask...What exercise in any of the Jillian workouts do you feel you most improved on?

For myself I think it's the Plank Twists, the ones where we are in plank and bring your knees in one at a time and twist to the side. At first during the shred when those were introduced they were tough for me. The holding in plank part and gettin in the full twisting motion, but now I feel like I can totally rock them!

How about you? What's your most improved exercise?

That’s a good question! :smile: I agree that those plank twists have improved for me. During 30 DS, I also had to take a 5 second break. Not now! I’ve also improved with the jump ropes. I used to have to stop for a few seconds b/c my legs used to hurt so badly. My push-ups get better and better! One of my most hated moves was the bicycle crunch. I’ve improved with those, too. I would say that that is my most improved exercise! :bigsmile:

Hi Ladies! I've been doing the 30 day slimdown and wow I am sore today. I only did Level 1 yesterday because i wasnt feeling too well. Today I did Level two and NMTZ quick Workout. I'm definitally going to be sore tomorrow. Does anyone have the yoga meltdown? I know a lot of you are talking about doing 6 week 6 pack and shred it on the next challenge. Yoga meltdown would be a great dvd to do that with too.

Hi!! I do have the yoga meltdown, but I haven't tried it yet. I could definitely use a good stretch, though! A 3 dvd rotation the next time might not be a bad idea. We can make up our own.... Actually, I'm also dying to get Ripped in 30 and try that!! ..... So...

I totally agree!! I'm stressing about what to do next!!! I'd like to stick with the group, but I'm torn!! Ahh!