20 random things about you

Options

Replies

• girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Twenty random things...wow. well here goes.

8. I have never had to shave my legs! ( My legs are absent of hair) lol

OMG! Im so jelous!

Me too!
  • girl_brett
    Options
    17- I wear sunscreen everyday!

That's a really good habit!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    This is an awesome thread so I thought I'd give it a try!

1. I'm adopted
    2. My mother gave birth to me by herself in her bedroom (she was 16)
    3. I am a HUGE HUGE football fan....GO ROUGHRIDERS!!!!!
    4. I have 9 years of piano training in classical music.
    5. I have music on in my house 24/7...and am constantly singing along!
    6. I love to play video games
    7. I'm addicted to Facebook!!
    8. My 10 year high school reunion is this summer
    9. I tend to laugh my butt off when people get hurt....I really don't think it's funny that they get hurt it's just a weird reaction
    10. I will admit it...I'm a die hard GLEEK!
    11. I come from very big families (both biological and adopted)
    12. I am totally terrified of spiders
    13. At 28 I'm still scared of the dark...no as bad as when I was a kid....but I'm still scared
    14. I'm a messy person...not dirty but messy
    15. I've been with my husband since I was 17
    16. Found my birth father on Facebook doing a random search....haven't contacted him yet...not sure he knows about me
    17. I feel I'm a strong woman bc of all the tradgedy I've had to deal with in my life
    18. I can make friends with almost anyone but deep down I'm quite shy
    19. Call me crazy but I love my Canadian winters!
    20. Proud to be from Saskatchewan!!

@ Mrs_Deeds

I've known a lot of adopted people throughout my life and I have to say- for some reason I feel fated to be around so many. They have all touched my life deeply and in so many different ways. One of my best friends is someone I've known and loved like a sister since I was a 18. She was adopted, her mother was 14 when she was born and gave her up at birth- and she searched for her birth mother and father and found them around five years ago.
    Obviously- there are always very heavy duty reactions upon reunion- if there are any reunions- so many variables and so many people impacted by the bomb of a suddenly appearing child that might have been an ultimate secret or completely unknown. I wish I could tell you it's always happy and wonderful :\ For my best friend it's been a mixed bag. She doesn't regret finding her biological family but it certainly added to her..increased depth of understanding life and it's funny jokes lets say?

P.S.
    I also love to play video games, am afraid of the dark irrationally, been with my husband since 17, have music around me constantly and am phobic about all bugs/insects/spiders etc.

Good luck on either meeting your father or deciding to let him come to you.
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. Thought I'd post...

1. I have the same birthday and birthtime as my paternal grandmother. (I was also named after her.)
    2. My fav animal is a cow.
    3. I have a cat and a dog.
    4. I love olives. All kinds.
    5. It took me 8 years to get a 4 year degree. (Went to school part-time mostly.)
    6. I was my hands more than the average person does. (A little OCD about it.)
    7. I am a terrible speller.
    8. I like scary movies.
    9. Fav holiday is 4th of July. I like fireworks.
    10. I can fit 14 jumbo marshmellows in my mouth and say chubby bunny.
    11. I make jewelry for fun and also sew.
    12. I make the best cheesecake you will ever eat.
    13. I love to swim.
    14. I think trees are God's greatest creation.
    15. I live in the bible belt but dont go to church.
    16. Lady Gaga is what I listen to when I workout.
    17. I could eat potatoes every day if I had to.
    18. I am a pampered chef junkie.
    19. I have the hugest crush on Matthew Grey Gubler. (Yes my husband knows.)
    20. I've always wanted to go to Russia and do a food tour.
  • girl_brett
    Options
    1. I have the same birthday and birthtime as my paternal grandmother. (I was also named after her.)

That is crazy and cool! The part that is freakiest is the same time! I don't think there are very many people that can say that!
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know. I was told that a few years ago. I asked her about her birth certificate and when I saw it I was like "Thats when I was born" She said when my parents told her the day I was born she metioned her birthtime and they freaked out since it was the same. The only thing that wasn't the same was our birthweight.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    1. I have had brain surgery.
    2. As a senior in high school I was voted Prom King.
    3. I have been married to the elected prom Queen for 29 years.
    4. I am the father of 3, grandfather of 3.
    5. I have coached football for free for 18 years.
    6. Until I joined here I wanted to die.
    7. I hate living in Missouri, but am here for my wifes career.
    8. I hate flying.
    9. I want to parachute on my 50th birthday.
    10. I am an agnostic and do not have a problem saying so.
    11. My oldest son makes me proud every day.
    12. Both of my sons were wounded in Iraq and are now on disability for it.
    13. I was a terrible father to my daughter.
    14. I love to sing karaoke.
    15. I carry a concealed weapon, legally, every day.
    16. I am a HUGE Nebraska football fan.
    17. I cry a lot, for movies and tv shows, but won't let my wife see it.
    18. I wish I had never sold my Honda Goldwing.
    19. I miss my dog still, even after 1 1/2 years.
    20. I want to go back to Iowa.

I love that you and your wife were the Queen and King of prom..and still married...that's adorable..and that you cry at movies..you can borrow my tissue anytime!
    I saw your blog about getting your newest dog, and I really can tell how much your other dog meant to you. I know a lot of 'dog' people don't really get why we 'cat' people dig our cats, but I have photographs of my two cats (now dead) throughout my home and I still tell my children about them. Sometimes if I end up talking about them it will make me cry and they died ten years ago :\.
  • Wildflower3475
    Wildflower3475 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I too am very shy, but can and have made friends with all kinds of people and love my Canadian winters! I don't think any season can compare to just how pretty it is in the winter. :o)
  • vanessadcg
    Options
    1. I never liked my weight
    2. I wish I had blue eyes
    3. I cried the hardest when my first dog died
    4. I have 3 sisters
    5. I still like my ex
    6. I have a huge scar on my knee
    7. I used to cut myself
    8. Sometimes I still do it
    9. I love listening to sad music when I'm sad
    10. I can fast for an entire week
    11. I love grapes
    12. I'm allergic to mangoes, watermelon, melon, avocado an papaya
    13. I'm also allergic to cats
    14. My IQ is 186
    15. I suck at maths, but I speak 4 languages
    16. I am afraid of the sea
    17. I never rode a bike untill I was 12 years old
    18. Once, I fell and broke my skull
    19. I love painting
    20. I'm addicted to buying pencils haha
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    1. I never liked my weight
    2. I wish I had blue eyes
    3. I cried the hardest when my first dog died
    4. I have 3 sisters
    5. I still like my ex
    6. I have a huge scar on my knee
    7. I used to cut myself
    8. Sometimes I still do it
    9. I love listening to sad music when I'm sad
    10. I can fast for an entire week
    11. I love grapes
    12. I'm allergic to mangoes, watermelon, melon, avocado an papaya
    13. I'm also allergic to cats
    14. My IQ is 186
    15. I suck at maths, but I speak 4 languages
    16. I am afraid of the sea
    17. I never rode a bike untill I was 12 years old
    18. Once, I fell and broke my skull
    19. I love painting
    20. I'm addicted to buying pencils haha

This is a serious pet peeve of mind. When mentioning IQ..you should always include which scale otherwise your number is completely misconstrued by the public.
  • Wildflower3475
    Options
    I too am very shy, but can and have made friends with all kinds of people and love my Canadian winters! I don't think any season can compare to just how pretty it is in the winter. :o)
  • miatyler
    Options
    Hi, I am brand new here (haven't even finished my profile yet) I thought this would be a great way to break the ice and meet new friends.

1. I have hazel eyes
    2. I am married to the man of my dreams, but am bi-sexual and miss having a girlfriend
    3. I grew up in Toronto
    4. I miss my horses (but have tattoos of them)
    5. I think Oliva Wilde has the sexiest eyes around
    6. I would rather use pencils than pens
    7. I don't go anywhere without my i Touch and my cell phone
    8. I am an insatiable flirt
    9. People who confuse loose and lose p*ss me off (sorry)
    10. I can walk to the ocean from my office
    11. I can see mountains from my office
    12. My favourite colour is purple
    13. I love cheesy horror/zombie movies
    14. I am a closet Katy Perry fan
    15. I have 2 tattoos and 4 piercings, not including my ears
    16. I think faeries are awesome
    17. I love to cook and bake, I am always trying new recipes
    18. Birds creep me out (except crows & bats)
    19. The only time I wear flat shoes, is when I am running (working on the C25K)
    20....I just discovered that I am allergic to peanuts and/or pineapple
  • Wildflower3475
    Options
    Totally off topic, but does anyone know how to delete a reply that you've posted? Mine is shown in here twice and not where I wanted it to go lol.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Totally off topic, but does anyone know how to delete a reply that you've posted? Mine is shown in here twice and not where I wanted it to go lol.

I've never seen a delete function myself..so I'd just erase the reply you want to by choosing 'edit' and then just denoting that you deleted it.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    1. Ive dated my current bf 3.5 times (dont ask about the .5) since I was 17. I'm 23 now and he's 28
    2. My bff died in 2006, over 6 months after a terrible falling out and 3 days after I'd forgiven him, and I think about him every day
    3. I always tell people when they show up in my dreams, no matter how awkward the conversation turns out
    4. I LOVE horror movies, especially bad ones...my bf hates them.
    5. I was raised by trekkies and will proudly say that my bf and I have spent a week watching the entire TNG series on dvd (he owns them)
    6. I grew up watching WWF wrestling and now I go to a ton of local circuit wrestling shows to meet the guys I grew up watching
    7. (related to #6) My mom and I gave Rowdy Roddy Piper his first EVER bday cake last year.
    8. I was probably under 90 pounds at some point in HS and all I ate then was candy if I ate at all & drank energy drinks like they were my lifeblood. I was force-fed by friends probably once every two weeks.
    9. Throughout elementary and middle school I was "the fat kid" and was beat up regularly by the guys
    10. I have The Lion King memorized and could probably recite it.
    11. I started keeping a scrapbook when I realized I was starting to forget things about my bff after he died.
    12. I used to have half of my head shaved.
    13. I once lived with one of my closest friends in HS for 3 months.
    14. When I got my first full time job, I would randomly take a few days off to leave the state and a couple times I went to NY for concerts.
    15. I'm friends with one of my favorite bands, and was once on tv doing an interview about one of the members working on the Twilight soundtrack.
    16. I am a nerd, a dork, a geek, and a gamer...and a bit of a punk kid
    17. My mom has a habit of going to concerts with me and hanging out in back while I hop into moshpits
    18. I found out when I was 14 that the dad that raised me wasn't my bio-dad, and met my bio-dad last year.
    19. I also found out I had a half brother last year
    20. I had a back surgery for a pilodonal (sp?) cyst in HS. They scooped out a chunk of my back and had to stuff it with gauze to allow it to heal. It never healed completely so I have a weird slit of missing skin on my lower back. The cyst was almost attached to my tailbone, so you can imagine where this VERY embarrassing scar is
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    1. Ive dated my current bf 3.5 times (dont ask about the .5) since I was 17. I'm 23 now and he's 28
    2. My bff died in 2006, over 6 months after a terrible falling out and 3 days after I'd forgiven him, and I think about him every day
    3. I always tell people when they show up in my dreams, no matter how awkward the conversation turns out
    4. I LOVE horror movies, especially bad ones...my bf hates them.
    5. I was raised by trekkies and will proudly say that my bf and I have spent a week watching the entire TNG series on dvd (he owns them)
    6. I grew up watching WWF wrestling and now I go to a ton of local circuit wrestling shows to meet the guys I grew up watching
    7. (related to #6) My mom and I gave Rowdy Roddy Piper his first EVER bday cake last year.
    8. I was probably under 90 pounds at some point in HS and all I ate then was candy if I ate at all & drank energy drinks like they were my lifeblood. I was force-fed by friends probably once every two weeks.
    9. Throughout elementary and middle school I was "the fat kid" and was beat up regularly by the guys
    10. I have The Lion King memorized and could probably recite it.
    11. I started keeping a scrapbook when I realized I was starting to forget things about my bff after he died.
    12. I used to have half of my head shaved.
    13. I once lived with one of my closest friends in HS for 3 months.
    14. When I got my first full time job, I would randomly take a few days off to leave the state and a couple times I went to NY for concerts.
    15. I'm friends with one of my favorite bands, and was once on tv doing an interview about one of the members working on the Twilight soundtrack.
    16. I am a nerd, a dork, a geek, and a gamer...and a bit of a punk kid
    17. My mom has a habit of going to concerts with me and hanging out in back while I hop into moshpits
    18. I found out when I was 14 that the dad that raised me wasn't my bio-dad, and met my bio-dad last year.
    19. I also found out I had a half brother last year
    20. I had a back surgery for a pilodonal (sp?) cyst in HS. They scooped out a chunk of my back and had to stuff it with gauze to allow it to heal. It never healed completely so I have a weird slit of missing skin on my lower back. The cyst was almost attached to my tailbone, so you can imagine where this VERY embarrassing scar is

I miss your old avatar :]
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I've looked at this a couple times now, I don't know if I'll make it to 20, but I'll try:

1. I lost 70 lbs (280 - 210) about 6 years ago.
    2. Working on losing the rest of what I couldn't then (plateaued and stopped working out for a while)
    3. Leading two spin classes just for fun
    4. married for just over 13 months
    5. grew up on a dairy farm
    6. my family has always owned somewhere between 200-400 rabbits
    7. Working on finishing my Masters in Computer Science, should be done in the summer
    8. Love cars, currently own one that gets 40+ in town and looking to do better (love diesels!)
    9. I have a wife that is smarter than I am and I like it that way
    10. I am a horrible procrastinator, which is why I am currently compiling this list
    11. I have a bunch of inventions in mind that are waiting for when I have a garage or basement
    12. I'm a gamer, but pretty much limited to playing facebook scrabble with my wife
    13. I love sudoku puzzles
    14. I love leftovers. I make a huge meal on the weekends and then have the rest for lunch during the week
    15. Love to bicycle, even built one of my own creation for a class project
    16. I want to complete a triathlon someday, but I suck at swimming (no kick)
    17. Complete and total night owl, can stay awake till 1:00 a.m. with no problem, but getting up at 6:30 sucks.
    18. Never dated till I was 24 and then married her 14 months later
    19. My favorite job was being a math lab assistant. Will look into becoming a math lab teacher part time at a community college just for fun.
    20. about 1/2 of my friends on facebook are actually my wife's, about another 1/2 are people I've tutored, leaving about 5 that fall into neither category.

Yay! I made it!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    tada? haha
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    tada? haha

YAY! I know it's goofy, but I like to see the people that are talking...and I like your avatar!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Thanks!
    Besides, I kinda prefer this to my weight loss simulation thing lol