Join Me! 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Skolls081102
    Options
    Had to wait till night time to get my Shred on...finished Day 4 Circuit 1 at 9:30 tonight!!! Still can't do all the pushups without a pause, but I can do more in a row than I could on day one. Seriously, the pushups and the overhead presses (finally added weights to it) kill my arms. And I tweeked my rigth calf...started to feel like a little pull during the butt kicks, but I pushed through the whole video. It's 45 minutes later and it's still alittle tight. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings. I have to take off on Saturday (working 9 am- 12 am) so I really don't want to take a break tomorrow.

Everyone keep up the great work!!!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Nightime Shred again! Day 5 Circuit 1 down. Tomorrow is a day off...working 9am till Midnight. Maybe I can get a run in at work...we'll see. Catch you all on Sunday!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    just did day 1 of leval 1. wow. ive been going to the gym 5 days a week for the past 3 weeks and i thought i was sweating then. CRAP i can literally feel every muscle in my body!!!!

Anyone know how u can tracj this under exercise? If I'm doing this everyday I want credit ! lol
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people track it as circuit training. I just made up my own entry for "shred",

I did day 2 yesterday and managed to do 5 whole "real" push ups before switching to modified ones. I also decided to do 10 minutes of level 2 as well because I'm insane and wanted to see what it's about. Wow she really steps up the torture in that level.
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys! Finished Day 7 yesterday and I can't believe that it's getting easier now...slightly.lol. I was able to do modified push ups without stopping, and only had to stop a few times as opposed to many times. I can also do some of the more difficult versions of the exercises.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    did day 3 today, DANG the back of my calves are sore!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Hey guys. So I ended up taking two days off...Saturday was an impossibility- worked both jobs with just enough time to eat dinner between them. Got 4 hours sleep Saturday into Sunday, worked all day and came home. After we ate and got the boys to bed, my wife puts on Jillian, and I could just not move off the couch. So I ended up taking two days off.....I needed it!!! lol
    So Day 6 of Workout 1 completed today!!! I'm getting better. I still can't do a complete cycle of full pushups, so I burn out as many as I can, then move to modified pushups (so no more rest between). Still don't know when I plan on moving to Workout 2. We'll see how Day 7 goes.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    So technically Day 7 of Workout 1 completed. 2 shreds in one day!!! So we decided we're moving on to Workout 2 tomorrow. So we'll see how we do with that. I'll let you know tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Am I the only one still going?? Where did you all go? Ok, so Day 8, Day 1 of Workout #2....i say it again....Jillian is mean!!! lol. That was rough. I liked the walking pushups, but we realized we have a few issues. We usually workout in socks (no shoes in the living room) but we're sliding around. So sneakers in the living room tomorrow!!!
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Wow two Shreds in one day! You da man! :)

I'm on day 6 of Level 1. I can do 11 "real" push ups in a row and then switch to the modified version. I checked out the Level 2 and might move up tomorrow. Level 1 still makes me sweat and curse Jillian but I'm finding the cardio pretty easy right now so I want to up that.

I feel like my clothes are fitting a bit looser so that's nice.

And can I just say I hate those lunge squat thingies. My poor thighs. :)
  • uniqueauctions
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories you burn doing Level 1?
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I "tested" 30 day shred about a month ago, but I haven't been doing it since. I am going to start doing it tomorrow though!

I need to get a measuring tape, but I look forward to seeing a difference!
  • RockVixen
    RockVixen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    OOh Yay! I started 30 Day shred on Feb 28th. SO STIFF!!!! The 1st day I ate breakfast before I worked out, huge mistake. Halfway through I was heaving over the toilet hahaha. I look forward to reading how you all are doing!
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    Am I the only one still going?? Where did you all go? Ok, so Day 8, Day 1 of Workout #2....i say it again....Jillian is mean!!! lol. That was rough. I liked the walking pushups, but we realized we have a few issues. We usually workout in socks (no shoes in the living room) but we're sliding around. So sneakers in the living room tomorrow!!!

I'm still here! I finished Day 8 today, still on level one, but I can keep up with Natalie now except on the push ups (I'll try regular tommorrow to see how many I can do). I watched BL tonight and I can only imagine how those ppl feel, as I yell at her through the tv on the shred :noway:
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories you burn doing Level 1?

I used my HRM and burned 275 calories, which is less than what MFP gives me for circuit training (321 cal), but not extremely far off.
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    Wow two Shreds in one day! You da man! :)

I'm on day 6 of Level 1. I can do 11 "real" push ups in a row and then switch to the modified version. I checked out the Level 2 and might move up tomorrow. Level 1 still makes me sweat and curse Jillian but I'm finding the cardio pretty easy right now so I want to up that.

I feel like my clothes are fitting a bit looser so that's nice.

And can I just say I hate those lunge squat thingies. My poor thighs. :)

My clothes are fitting looser too, so exciting! So, because of this I decided to measure my waist and I lost 2 inches :happy:
  • hope_khm
    hope_khm Posts: 26
    Options
    Bumping this to keep the thread. I know I have the DVD, I'll dig it out and try along with you. Sounds like I need to measure which I've been going to do anyways. Good luck!!
  • Alisontheice
    Options

My clothes are fitting looser too, so exciting! So, because of this I decided to measure my waist and I lost 2 inches :happy:

OMG awesome news. How exciing. Keep up the good work.
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Glad to see you're all still here!!! I think I am taking a day off today. I really don;t want to, but my right calf (again) feels tweaked. Can't really tell if it's a muscle pull, or slight cramp that won't go away, but it sure makes walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night fun (being that it's more of a limpy hobble...lol). We'll see. I really don't want to take a break. Level 2 was definitley rough. We figured we'd move on from Level 1. I could do about 15 soild push ups (maybe 20) and then move on to modified so I didn't stop in the middle. That was all I was really having trouble with. Other than that, I was jamming out bigger exercises to burn more.

Like I said Level 2 is rough. I almost feel like I'm starting over. Can't make it through all the exercises. My main issue is balance. I've never really had good balance, so doing lunges always throw me off. Hopefully it gets better.

If I shred today, I'll be back on to let you all know later.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Hope your calf is feeling better. My thigh is feeling like you described. I'm hoping my skating tonight will loosen it up a bit.

I decided to move up to level 2 also. I found the cardio on level 1 way too easy as well as the exercises. The only thing I really dreaded were the lunges but I was finding them easy too. I also figured I would be due to start level 2 on the weekend and that's not going to work because I have a figure skating competition and I don't want to be in pain for that.

However....I will be staying on level 2 for awhile. Holy crap it's hard. Like Mike said I feel like I'm starting from nothing. Everything was hard but I feel pretty good.

I do feel like my upper body is getting stronger. I never thought I'd be able to do 2 push ups let alone 10 or more like I did yesterday.

So question...what will everyone do after they are done their 30 days? Get another Jillian DVD? Do something completely different?