Join Me! 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Skolls081102
    Options
    I feel like I'm all alone again. Where'd everybody go? Ok, so Day 15, Day 1 Workout 3 in the books. It was surprisingly not that bad. Apparently Workouts 1 and 2 have improved my cardio and strength. I did rather well through the middle, but definitely had to go to modified moves to finish the workout. The" new" pushups were both awesome, and painful. I like pushups, but they get rather boring...these...were definitely NOT boring. Very cool! Overall I feel I did well. The hardest was the plank pose with arm rows (w/ weights...my knuckles were killing me!) For those of you not on Workout 3, you will see soon enough...lol

Tomorrow is an off day, and we'll see how I feel on Sunday. So if I don't check in here, everyone have an awesome weekend!
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! :) I took the kids swimming today, so i'm too tired to shred it out, but I did level 2 last night and burned more than I ever have b4. I think that was day 13.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Well day 12 is in the books! The only modifications I do are in the plank cardio exercises as I think those are hurting my back.
    But other than that I was lower in my squats and that darn V chair exercise. OMG it's a killer. I love the standing military press with leg extension, for some reaon my klutzy self becomes very coordinated while doing that exercise.

Awesome about level 3 Mike. I've looked at that one and it looks scary especially those push ups. Good job getting through them.
  • dolphinstar106
    Options
    Im on day 9 of level 1 - and im feeling alot better than when i started... :D Is level 2 as scary as it looks?
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    My backs been bothering me a little too. Ice, ice and more ice...lol. Level 2 is as scary as it looks...lol but you'll do fine. It will feel like you're starting over from Day 1. I struggled through Exercise 2 the first 2 days I did it. Just keep at it. Workout 3 was surprisingly not scary. I actually enjoyed it. It hurt like hell, but it was such an awesome workout. Glad to see you're all still here. Todays my double at work, so no Shred for me. Have a great day everyone!

Almost forgot...pool??? I can't wait for summer. Want to get in a pool so bad. Awesome job.
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    I'm waiting for my little guy to go to bed and then I'll shred tonight.
    Level 2 isn't fun the first day or 2 but you'll get used to it just like with level 1. I knew when it was getting easier because I wasn't cursing Jillian and co as much. :)

Oh and I always forget to mention I love how she says that people call her crazy...um I think we're the crazy ones for doing her DVD! :) But it is an amazing workout so it's worth it. I'm hoping that by doing it in the evenings and my husband seeing me do it he gets inspired to give it a try.
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Today I finished Day 4 Level 1. I bought 5lb weights because I felt like my measly 3 pounders weren't cutting it for me. It made the workout so much more effective! I took a good amount of 5 second breaks, but I made it through without any real problems. It was wonderful!
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    My backs been bothering me a little too. Ice, ice and more ice...lol. Level 2 is as scary as it looks...lol but you'll do fine. It will feel like you're starting over from Day 1. I struggled through Exercise 2 the first 2 days I did it. Just keep at it. Workout 3 was surprisingly not scary. I actually enjoyed it. It hurt like hell, but it was such an awesome workout. Glad to see you're all still here. Todays my double at work, so no Shred for me. Have a great day everyone!

Almost forgot...pool??? I can't wait for summer. Want to get in a pool so bad. Awesome job.

The pool was so much fun. I used to swim almost everyday and was a lifeguard when I was a teen. I didn't realize how many calories I could burn by just playing with the kids in the water.
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    I'm waiting for my little guy to go to bed and then I'll shred tonight.
    Level 2 isn't fun the first day or 2 but you'll get used to it just like with level 1. I knew when it was getting easier because I wasn't cursing Jillian and co as much. :)

Oh and I always forget to mention I love how she says that people call her crazy...um I think we're the crazy ones for doing her DVD! :) But it is an amazing workout so it's worth it. I'm hoping that by doing it in the evenings and my husband seeing me do it he gets inspired to give it a try.

I always answer her yes, when she says u probably think i'm crazy.lol
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    I heard about her other dvd, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. They say its pretty intense and works great too. Who's with me after we finish the Shred?
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi! You guys are doing amazing on this!
    I'm starting the dreaded shred tomorrow with a few other MFPals so if anyones reading this and looking to start soon come join us! I cant wait to see the end results...or evn start doing proper push ups!
    :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/190986-30-day-shred-buddy?page=1#posts-2540901
  • dolphinstar106
    Options
    Started level 2 day - and im back to thnking shes a sadistic cow again lol. Lots more calories on level to according to my hrm - so its all good :). Ive got a feeling its gonna hurt tomorrow...
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    I heard about her other dvd, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. They say its pretty intense and works great too. Who's with me after we finish the Shred?

I had been looking at the "Ripped in 30" DVD but the Banish Fat one is a lot cheaper so I just might join you. I read it's a 40 minute workout. I'm really liking the 20 minute workouts but they do seem short so maybe 40 minutes would be good.

And awesome about the swimming. I envy swimmer, I am a terrible swimmer but it's such a good workout I wish I could do it.

Lastly completed day 14 of the Shred. Still on Level 2. It is getting easier though which is nice. I'm probably going to wait until day 20 to switch to Level 3 though. Man it looks hard.
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    I'm in the home stretch. I just did day 15 today. I did the "easy" version of the squats and lunges as I was going skating tonight but I just wanted to get day 15 done and over with. So yay me!

I think in a few days I'll move up to Level 3...eek.
  • dolphinstar106
    Options
    Its day 3 of level 2 for me. Im not feeling too bad - although i have to stop for a breather for the 5 seconds allowed - and some of the easier exercises i have to do. But ill get there - i particularly love to hate the plank jacks. *Lol*
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    I'm with you on the plank jacks. All those plank exercises are just killer.
    Day 16 is done for me. Yay. It is getting a lot easier so I guess it's tie to move up to level 3 soon. Eek!
  • captainshlem
    captainshlem Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I just bought ripped in 30 and shred it with weights. I'm so crazy that I just did a workout schedule that takes me through dec 4th with me finishing shred, going to ripped, then shred it with weights, and after that I'll repeat and do everything more advanced. Let me know how the banish fat boost metabolism diet is.

anyone else cursing like mad during the walking pushups in level two? those things kill my hands so bad. I finished day 5 of workout 2 this morning and I'm still sweating bullets and cursing like a pirate like it was day 1...hope it gets better.
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    It does get better. I'm on day 17 total and I think day 10 or so of Level 2. I moved up early and then hurt my back and had a couple of days off but now I'm back full tilt and no longer cursing! :)

I'm still sweating like a stuffed pig but it is getting easier.

Your schedule sounds a little insane but good for you. :)

I have noticed a difference in my strength with all the shredding. I figure skate twice a week and on Monday I really noticed I felt stronger and just overall fitter. it feels good to feel the difference.
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    Took a few days off (4 to be exact...yikes!). I just finished day 14 and did level 2. Im excited that i'm getting better with push ups. Im aiming to shred the next 4 days in a row. I've been so tired and stressed lately; low energy. Anyone feeling the same? If so, what to do about it?!
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Good for you for pushing through the tiredness. I felt like that last week, like I was sick of working out and just wanted those days when I didn't have to worry about what I ate or working out. Just push through it and then you'll enjoy working out again. I think it's partly because those first few days of level 2 are killer! I'm finally feeling like it's a bit easier and goes by so fast now. I'm dreading level 3.