So what's everyone having for dinner tonight????

Options

Replies

• Shari62
    Options
    Ahcoble:

Try Walden Farms salad dressing. The honey mustard is very good, creamy and no fat, no calories and only 270 mg sodium. I don't know how they do it! It's about $3.79/bottle and is usually found in the produce area. I did not care much for the Bleu Cheese one though. The Ranch is ok, but I found the HM to be the best. They also make other products. I tried the chocolate syrup but I do NOT recommend it!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Im doing a saute of red & green peppers, onions and fresh spinach, let it wilt down . I bake skinless chicken tenders seasoned with pepper in the oven for 20 mins, then I put it out and dice it up and add it to my saute pan. I add a 1/2 tsp minced garlic. turn on low heat. Cook 2 cups of whole wheat pasta then add it to your saute pan. lastly add a can of roasted tomato ( they make a few different kinds you can add)

this makes a few meals if you weigh it out.
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Homemade buffalo chicken calzones with whole wheat dough. It's my "cheat' meal, even though it's pretty healthy!

share that recipe girl!

Here you go! http://www.healthyfoodforliving.com/?p=6362
  • umduh1
    umduh1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Cereal. I love eating breakfast for dinner.

I adore Brinner!!!

Me, too!!! That's what I had...Kashi Cinnamon Harvest and a banana! YUM!!!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Super Tangy Chicken Wrap and Cascadian Farm Straight cut french fries
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    well, my husband's bff is visiting from DC and they loooove popeye's chicken, so that's what they got. i'm going to put on my will power hat and just make myself a salad considering i've been over my calories several days in a row and the scale is reflecting it:frown: :grumble:
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    I made thin cut boneless porkchops marinated in orange juice and a little low sodium teriyaki and crushed garlic and topped it in the container with mango. When I was ready to grill it, I cook the mango too and eat it together. It is a entree and only has about 175 calories.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Carne Guisada, brown rice & steamed veggies :flowerforyou:
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    tilapia , augratin potatoes, and dessert maybe a salad. Yummy
  • higgldy_piggldy
    Options
    Healthy-fied pizza. sort of. 1/2 whole foods piza dough with 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella, sauce and chicken.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Baked potato with melted cheddar, soy bacon and pinto beans, green salad with avocado and carrots, and for dessert sliced apples with chocolate dip.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Bone-In chuck roast made in the crock pot with onions, garlic, sea salt and black pepper

Drained the juice off the roast in the crock pot and added container of beef stock from the freezer cooked brown rice and black beans in the beef flavored juice with the onion and garlic pieces.

Sauteed collard greens from this recipe:

Ingredients
    •2 bunches collard or kale greens, about 2 pounds
    •3 tablespoons olive oil
    •4 garlic cloves, whole
    •2 quarts chicken broth
    •1 tablespoon vinegar
    •Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Directions
    To prepare the greens: cut away the tough stalks and stems from the collards and discard any leaves that are bruised or yellow. Fill the sink with water and salt, the salt helps to remove any impurities. Wash the collards thoroughly to remove the grit, 2 or 3 times, until the water runs clear. Dry thoroughly. Stack up several leaves and roll up lengthwise in a bundle, cut them into 1-inch ribbons. Repeat until all the leaves are shredded.

Heat a large deep skillet over medium flame and coat with the oil. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes to soften. Add the greens and toss well with the oil and garlic. Pour in the chicken broth and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the greens are wilted and tender; take care not to overcook. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
  • demone00
    demone00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bag of steamers spring veggie with 1.5 skinless boneless chix breast
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat spaghetti with portobello mushroom sauce. Added some lean/drained ground beef to the sauce as well. Alongside that, fresh raw veggies: baby carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli and cherry tomatoes. It's a bit calorie-tastic but my lunch was light and now I'm stuffed beyond belief. This particular type of sauce is relatively low sodium for pre-made, as well (and I'm under for the day, so not too worried). Just contemplating half a glass of milk to up my calcium for the day but I think if I have it, it'll be before bed.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, salad, broccoli, brown rice yummy!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Love it! This gave me all kinfds of great ideas for future dinners..But after reading them all I think I'm hungry again :laugh:
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I bought my husband a new grill last week that has both gas and charcoal, and we added the smoker to the side. He smoked a lean brisket yesterday and then put it back out there again today. It was so tender we barely had to chew it. I had it as a sandwich for lunch and as a burrito for dinner, of course on thin whole grain bread and a whole wheat tortilla. Added fresh pico de gallo and avocado, and steamed corn on the cob on the side. How yummy! (And good protein for after playing Wii Just Dance 2 for an hour just before eating!)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Love it! This gave me all kinfds of great ideas for future dinners..But after reading them all I think I'm hungry again :laugh:

Haha, same! I'm salivating!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I just not long had one large egg scrambled with skimmed milk and a bit of Flora Extra Light with 2 chopped mushrooms on two wholemeal buttered toast, followed by 2 satsumas. :love:

I'm actually excited to eat food tomorrow! I plan on having some more of the curry I made today and a small thin based pizza with mushroom and green pepper, as well as other things! Mmm!