Make up addicts

Options
nolachick
nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
hey everyone,
so when I had gained weight it was really hard for me to go out shopping for new clothes cuz of how depressing my size was (I was around size 14) and I turned to make up to help me feel pretty. I would watch all the makeup guru's on youtube and learn about new products, different looks etc. Well, I got addicted and now have a fairly large amount of make up, I love to try new mascara, blush, etc and everywhere I got (drugstores,etc) I pick up something new :blushing:

so just wondering if there are any other make up addicts out there like me haha.
if ya'll like we can post make up tips/suggestions/online or in store sales/promotions, whatever you want :smile:

Would anyone be interested in doing this?

Replies

• Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    I have thousands of eyeshadows, I adore makeup, though some days I don't wear any! I just like putting it on, and learning new things, I can't afford MAC yet....but eyelipsface is doing just fine :)
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I love make up even though it doesn't look like it when you meet me. I like subtle make up but I have purchased a ton of it..I'm a Sephora addict :] My biggest issue is right now all of a sudden eye shadow has exploded in the make up world I think- I am irritated because I love all of my eyeshadows but even though I've seen tutorials for mono lids or much smaller double lids, which I have, I cannot get it perfect! Grr! This is really irking me lol. There are a ton of different eye shapes and almost all eye tutorials are very broad and general and for the 'ideal' Caucasian double lid. I'm half Asian so I don't have a complete mono lid but I find that my eye shape/lids in no way correlate to the vast majority of eye shadow techniques.
    So I'm an addict but I"m a frustrated addict with lots of pretty damned high payoff eyeshadows LOL :)
  • laceygirl2318
    laceygirl2318 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am also a lover of makeup! When I started gaining weight last fall, I sorta did the same thing...rather than buy new clothes in a depressing size, I splurged on the "good stuff" for my face at ULTA. lol I've amassed quite a collection of Urban Decay products, which I absolutely LOVE! :-D Its so fun.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I am a make up junkie big time .....love it
    I am like a gothic tammy faye baker soemtimes lol
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I am more into skin care than make. I love my skin care routine and products, how nutrition affects you skin ect. That said, I am having a love affair with Bare minerals!
  • makeupinmanhatten
    Options
    I am an aspiring makeup artist :) I'll give you tips!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    @ Sosmolia yeah..I'm all about skin care..I love my Clarisonic HAHA.
  • lisapisa1
    Options
    I just drop some $$$ at MAC on blush and bronzer. I love that place!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Total make up addict here! My main obsession for cosmetics is Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals, but I pretty much love everything from Sephora. I'm a SephWHOREa! Urban Decay is one of my favorites, especially the 24/7 eyeliner in Zero and the (discontinued) liquid liner in Gash. Also love lip gloss, can't get enough of that stuff! I just wish Benefit hadn't re-formulated their Her Glossiness line. That stuff was THE best. Now...meh.

Also, I'm a big collector of nail polish. China Glaze, Essie, OPI, Sally Hansen, MAC...you name it, I love it! I follow three polish blogs daily and my nail polish wish list is ginormous. :laugh:

ETA: anyone tried Benefit's newest blush Bella Bomba? I've always been tempted by their cute little present-like blushes, but haven't ever purchased one. From the reviews I've seen it seems like this one is pretty awesome. Any thoughts?
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    :tongue: LOVEEE makeup. I hate going out without any on. I will at least wear some foundation and mascara. I am in love with victoria's secret foundations...they go on so smooth and last! Only probalem is they are expensive!! I save it for going out and such and wear cheaper maybelline foundation for class, clinical, etc.... To me, being able to wear different makeup styles etc changes your whole look, attitude, everything!! Plus, rosy cheeks and big eyelashes to me, makes a girl! :heart:

Would love to trade tips, etc!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Total make up addict here! My main obsession for cosmetics is Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals, but I pretty much love everything from Sephora. I'm a SephWHOREa! Urban Decay is one of my favorites, especially the 24/7 eyeliner in Zero and the (discontinued) liquid liner in Gash. Also love lip gloss, can't get enough of that stuff! I just wish Benefit hadn't re-formulated their Her Glossiness line. That stuff was THE best. Now...meh.

Also, I'm a big collector of nail polish. China Glaze, Essie, OPI, Sally Hansen, MAC...you name it, I love it! I follow three polish blogs daily and my nail polish wish list is ginormous. :laugh:

I love lip glosses too! I used to love lipsticks but they are actually, often, too harsh for every day wear and my lips are naturally dark anyway. My favorite favorite lip product is the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss! It's my HG for lips now.

I'm a VIB with Sephora and I shop there all of the time!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

I love lip glosses too! I used to love lipsticks but they are actually, often, too harsh for every day wear and my lips are naturally dark anyway. My favorite favorite lip product is the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss! It's my HG for lips now.

I'm a VIB with Sephora and I shop there all of the time!

*secret VIB fist bump*

When I was looking for a replacement to my Benefit glosses a friend recommended Dior Addict Ultra Gloss, so I have two of those.My go to hot pink is from them, the Dior Addict Lip Polish in 002.

OH, and look into Korres' cherry gloss. I've got about 5 of their glosses (they've got great value sets!) and I love all of them. Especially Light Pink (#11) and Fuchsia (#54).
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Ew, double post...
  • honeyrabbit
    Options
    I think my make-up addiction far surpasses even my addiction for MFP!!!!
    I used to be a make-up artiste for Dior and was lucky enough to do the make-up for many of the Dior fashion shows in Monaco and Paris.

My make-up collection is so vast it has it's own room in my house!!

I wear make-up EVERY single day even if I don't leave the house!!....not like full on foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick etc but at the very least a bit of eyebrow pencil, some mascara and some tinted lip balm.

I have a very particular addiction to liquid eyeliner which I suppose stems from me being a goth from the age of about 15!! (grew out of the goth thing...kind of...but the eyeliner stuck with me)
    ....and for a night out I love full on bright red lips or really, really dark smokey eyes.

My favourite brands are MAC, Nars, Laura Mercier, Benefit, Chanel, Dior and Stila...oh and far too many others to mention!!! Yep, i'm an addict!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    @ Sosmolia yeah..I'm all about skin care..I love my Clarisonic HAHA.

Ohhhhh Don't ya though????? They have one for the body now!!!!! God that is sooo soothing.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I am a make up junkie big time .....love it
    I am like a gothic tammy faye baker soemtimes lol

I could actually visualize that for a moment. I was scared LOL

I am addicted to lip gloss and powder
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I used to be a make-up artiste for Dior and was lucky enough to do the make-up for many of the Dior fashion shows in Monaco and Paris.

I wear make-up EVERY single day even if I don't leave the house!!....not like full on foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick etc but at the very least a bit of eyebrow pencil, some mascara and some tinted lip balm.

I have a very particular addiction to liquid eyeliner which I suppose stems from me being a goth from the age of about 15!! (grew out of the goth thing...kind of...but the eyeliner stuck with me)
    ....and for a night out I love full on bright red lips or really, really dark smokey eyes.

My favourite brands are MAC, Nars, Laura Mercier, Benefit, Chanel, Dior and Stila...oh and far too many others to mention!!! Yep, i'm an addict!

So what's your #1 liquid liner? I've been on a hunt for years now. For the time being I've settled with Sephora brand, but I just have that gut feeling that there must be something else better out there.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I only shop at Sephora, my faves are Stila, Urban Decay, Tarte, and Too Faced .....
  • honeyrabbit
    Options

So what's your #1 liquid liner? I've been on a hunt for years now. For the time being I've settled with Sephora brand, but I just have that gut feeling that there must be something else better out there.

Well, as seems to be the usual thing to happen to me, I find the BEST liquid liner and then they go and discontinue it!!! grrrrrrr!!!
    I prefer the ones with a really fine brush rather than those felt tip type ones but they seem to be 'going out of fashion' so good ones are getting harder and harder to find!!

I used a Lancome one for years...discontinued!
    then a Chanel one....discontinued!
    Don't like the MAC one...too thick and lumpy!
    Nars....cracks and flakes off!

Best one I can find at the moment is a cheapish Bourjois one...'clubbing' liner...stays on even if I go swimming!!!
    ..and Laura Mercier which looks more like an eyeshadow in a palette but it's more waxy and you wet it. You have to buy your own liner brush with that one though..MAC do a great one.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Well, as seems to be the usual thing to happen to me, I find the BEST liquid liner and then they go and discontinue it!!! grrrrrrr!!!
    I prefer the ones with a really fine brush rather than those felt tip type ones but they seem to be 'going out of fashion' so good ones are getting harder and harder to find!!

I used a Lancome one for years...discontinued!
    then a Chanel one....discontinued!
    Don't like the MAC one...too thick and lumpy!
    Nars....cracks and flakes off!

Best one I can find at the moment is a cheapish Bourjois one...'clubbing' liner...stays on even if I go swimming!!!
    ..and Laura Mercier which looks more like an eyeshadow in a palette but it's more waxy and you wet it. You have to buy your own liner brush with that one though..MAC do a great one.

Yes to the fine brush and not the felt tip! OK so I'm totally going to look for the Bourjois Clubbing liner. Thanks for the recommendation!