Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I love makeup! My husband comes home and finds me doing mine all the time...and not going anywhere at all.

I do makeup for proms and pageants sometimes :)

sy8cp1.jpg
  • 12by311
    Options
    Holy moly...big picture.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    12by311, what a pretty smoky eye look! How did you get involved in doing makeup for proms and pageants?
  • 12by311
    Options
    Thank you!

Well, I sell Mary Kay and I teach high schoolers...so it's kinda gone from there! :)
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    Oh yes, I love Make up. I especially LOVE Sephora. What I love about Makeup is it doesn't make you feel fat! A lot of people say that about shoes but I don't have that love for shoes like I do Makeup. My favorite brands are Bare Minerals, Two Faced, and Tarte.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    12by311 - gotcha! How fun. :)

Nnouwens02 - ooh good a Too Faced fan, I have a question for you...do you have their La Vie En Rose blush? Do you like it? I tried it in the store, even put some on my face (I was a good Sephora patron and didn't double-dip) and liked the color, but thought it was a little smudgey/blotchy/not blendy. What that just 'cause I used my finger and not a proper brush?
  • Hadenuf
    Hadenuf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So, I like you all am a lover of makeup. Here's my question ... I love, love, love the look of liquid liner BUT even if I wait 5 minutes with my eyes closed for the stuff to dry, I ALWAYS get the black line in the crease of my eyelid within seconds! It's very frustrating. I know I have big eyes and all, but come on! There must be some secret to banishing the black crease line once and for all! Help a sistah out, would ya!? LOL
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    So, I like you all am a lover of makeup. Here's my question ... I love, love, love the look of liquid liner BUT even if I wait 5 minutes with my eyes closed for the stuff to dry, I ALWAYS get the black line in the crease of my eyelid within seconds! It's very frustrating. I know I have big eyes and all, but come on! There must be some secret to banishing the black crease line once and for all! Help a sistah out, would ya!? LOL

I wish I had some awesome advice for you but I dunno! Does your hair dryer have a "Cool" mode? Maybe do a blast of the cool air from your hair dryer to the peepers to see if that dries the liquid liner?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

this used to happen to me all the time then I found my #1 black liquid liner. dries fast, lasts all day, no smudging, very easy to use and best of all inexpensive. it's the wet n wild MEGA LINER LIQUID LINER comes in an inkwell kind of shape and is about $3 at drugstores. LOVE IT! I do give it a second to dry but it usually dries super fast~ lemme know if u try it out. it's definately worth the try!
  • nolachick
    Options
    ktbug1186 - see that's awesome, I love it when samples are big enough that you can actually use them more than once.

nolachick - I did end up buying NYC Sunny anyway and am so far liking it. I really must get one of the WNW color icon palettes. Blogs love them. Youtube gurus love them. The big question really is - which one do I buy?!

Wanted to let everyone know that Target has a freebie offer going on that's a little beauty bag full of samples and coupons, worth $25. All you have to do is answer 5 or 6 questions about your beauty product purchasing habits and that's it. Here's the link... http://samples.target.com/beauty-bag/ ... hopefully there's still samples left for y'all!

aww mein they had run out of samples when i tried to fill out the survey. but PLEASE everyone post this kind of info on here haha.

as for the WNW color icon palettes theyhave been hard to find in my area but I did manage to get the 8 color one in COMFORT ZONE and oh gosh I LOVE LOVE LOVE! for $5 its TOTALLY WORTH IT i can't even believe how good the quality is for that price and how many beautiful colors there are.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'm gonna stop by Walgreen's tonight and see if I can get my hands on Comfort Zone...I NEED that brown/green definer duochrome!
  • nolachick
    Options
    wore the browns from the comfort zone palette today. I didnt exactly use a primer, exxcept for putting MB dream mousse foundation on my lids ( i was rushing) and altho I liked the color for half the day i can tell that now (8 hrs later) it is not as bright as this morning. Guess i'll need to get a better primer but the colors sure are gorgeous! tonight i'll play around with the greens :)
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    That said, I am having a love affair with Bare minerals!

YES!
    I love that range of makeup - the only thing I don't like is their mascara; so I use Benefit BADGAL Lash for mascara and I also really love Benefit Eyebright pencil as well.
    It's an amazing product!!

I love the smokey eye look personally and I'm always trying to get that to look right on me, lol.
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    :love: HOME!!!

Ladies, I am a make up addict for sure! I have been wearing my make up for over 15yrs.... different variations, but same basics: foundation, powder, drawn on eyebrows, black liquid eyeliner, heavy mascara, blush and lipstick... It sounds crazy, but is not scary.....

I am always buying mascara and eyeshadow! I do a smokey eye and also use my black liquid eyeliner and extend it out (more than pp did in her pics.....) I will post a pic later......

I cannot afford MAC or ne of the more expensive stuff, but I do splurge on my smashbox primer! I use it when I am taking pics or going out.... not regular work day wear....

I have 4 kids, so I think people look at me funny when they see me with waist length black hair and hella makeup, but I love my makeup, so ha ha ha!
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    New poster, long-time makeup addict!

I am SO SURPRISED I haven't seen any links to Temptalia yet on this thread! My GO-TO makeup blog--
    http://www.temptalia.com

Some introduction randomness on my part:

--Fave brands: MAC, Dior, Make Up Forever, Chanel
    --Last purchases: MAC Rapidblack Penultimate liner (improved over original release), Chanel Inimitable waterproof mascara (awesome), MUFE HD primer in Green (jury's still out), MAC Sheen Supreme lipgloss in Quite the Thing (bright purple/magenta), and last but not least... Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Rockstar (tied for fave liner with MUFE pencils).
    --BEST recent purchase: Guerlain Meteorites Perles... amazing finishing powder to add a "soft glow" look. I can't use them enough!! UD's Naked palette gets a mention; although I got mine in August, I use it several times per week still.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Oh yes, I love Make up. I especially LOVE Sephora. What I love about Makeup is it doesn't make you feel fat! A lot of people say that about shoes but I don't have that love for shoes like I do Makeup. My favorite brands are Bare Minerals, Two Faced, and Tarte.

exactly!

welcome sammy :flowerforyou: sounds like u have expensive taste lol. work it girl! haha
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I cannot afford MAC or ne of the more expensive stuff, but I do splurge on my smashbox primer! I use it when I am taking pics or going out.... not regular work day wear....

I have 4 kids, so I think people look at me funny when they see me with waist length black hair and hella makeup, but I love my makeup, so ha ha ha!

AHH I LOVE SMASHBOX PRIMER!! I got a freebee sample from sephora like...a year or so ago and ever since i CANT GET ENOUGH! it goes on SO smooth and is not oily like the one i had before it (it was..____ fx...im blanking on the name!!) Come to think of it, next paycheck I have to buy a new bottle because I am running low and I'd be sad to run out!!
    And I am not seeing ANYTHING wrong with long black hair and makeup as a mommy! lol...just think-- getting in shape will bring you closer to the title most women want of MILF! LOL
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    And I am not seeing ANYTHING wrong with long black hair and makeup as a mommy! lol...just think-- getting in shape will bring you closer to the title most women want of MILF! LOL

Thank you, yes, I was already given that title by a male friend! I do NOT mind!!!!! If someone saw me, they would not think "she is a mom", and really, that is fine by me!!!! I am not defined by having children, I am defined by how I raise them!

I need to hit up the brand new beauty store they just opened, they have soooooooo much stuff!!!!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    you get about 4-5 samples a month, this month i got NARS orgasm highlighter, *love it!!* been using it every day for a month, and still have tons left!! i got a green tea moisturizer, some chocolate thats only 1 calorie per piece! some bare minerals volumizing mascara, i got two other things but im pulling a blank! But i love it!

hmmm...now that ill be working more since im in a less time-consuming rotation (psych) I MIGHT just have to invest in this...sounds fun!!

Really??

I LOVE Hard Candy concealor!!! It's awesome!!
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    welcome sammy :flowerforyou: sounds like u have expensive taste lol. work it girl! haha
    Thank you! Lol, I totally do favor the more "high-end" brands... but hey, I scrimp on clothes and shoes because makeup is my thing! :smile:

I also don't have access to a lot of good drugstore brands! I can't find any stores that sell NYX near me, which I have heard great things about....boo!