Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    This thread is still going on?
    I'm still reeling from the ramifications that liquid foundations are bad for the skin according to the above poster that used to work at a derm's office..I have..a lot of money invested in my damned foundations and was thinking of getting the tempu...or whatever it's called. You know, that way I can get my inner rebel out by pretending I'm vandalizing my own face with something similar to spray paint.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm still reeling from the ramifications that liquid foundations are bad for the skin according to the above poster that used to work at a derm's office..I have..a lot of money invested in my damned foundations and was thinking of getting the tempu...or whatever it's called. You know, that way I can get my inner rebel out by pretending I'm vandalizing my own face with something similar to spray paint.

i looked at that too! so expensive tho!!:cry:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

i looked at that too! so expensive tho!!:cry:

I can afford it but the problem is..do I want to get it if liquids are really evil for your skin? NOOOOOO
    And the mineral make up doesn't do it for me. I haven't liked any results from everything I've tried.
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    had the house to myself tonight... played with makeup!!! yayyyy
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    im a total makeup addict...theres this site called birchbox.com....you get samples of all the high end beauty samples!! and its only ten bucks a month and they are good sized...I just recently bought the blush/highlighter from NARS in Orgasm...its AWESOME!!! :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    im a total makeup addict...theres this site called birchbox.com....you get samples of all the high end beauty samples!! and its only ten bucks a month and they are good sized...I just recently bought the blush/highlighter from NARS in Orgasm...its AWESOME!!! :)

I've never heard of birchbox.com. How many samples do you usually get per month, like, what's the average?
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Not a junkie but I absolutely love my black eyeliner! Can't leave house without it. I do enjoy all the vibrant eyeshadow colors from Mac
  • Sindiel
    Sindiel Posts: 7
    Options
    I can't seem to find a foundation that is light enough for my skin tone. :(
  • pinkbullets
    pinkbullets Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    MAC is my crack. I SWEAR by their studio concealer. I've been using it for years!

I love eyeshadows/liquid liners. I used to be a big red lipstick junkie, but, lately, I've been more focused on smokey eyes of different colors. My favorite combo lately is hot pink and purple :D
  • Nikkiullis
    Options
    fortunately (unfortunately for my bank account) I have 2 cousins that are beauticians that work for MAC and another 3 friends that work there too. So every once in awhile, I give them money to go buy me a bunch of stuff. It's terrible, I have so much make up and whats crazy is that I never wear make up to work cause I never feel like spending time on it in the morning hahaha.
    But whenever I go out after work, I put some on. I love watching youtube videos! They got me hooked on make up 2 years ago and now I help my little cousins find the joys of makeup and learn how to put it on tastefully.

Oh... and in case anyone needs ideas for Halloween, MAC will give you a free makeover if you buy $50 in makeup that day.... SO... you plan your costume (mine was a vampire) and you go in on halloween day and get some everyday makeup and have them do your make up in crazy crazy ways, it was great! Made my halloween party a huge hit, all the girls went to MAC!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

oooh this sounds interesting. I cant access that site from work but tell us more. how many samples, how often, etc?
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Went to birchbox.com and it looks like you get a package a month, and you usually get 4 or 5 samples per package. So that's something to think about.

I finally got the drugstore bronzer that EVERY Youtube guru talks about, NYC Sunny. I couldn't help it, it was only $3! Haven't used it yet and won't get to use it tomorrow, but Friday, it is on like Donkey Kong. :laugh:

Anyone else purchase a new makeup item recently that they're stoked about? Has anyone tried the Milani baked blushes?
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    i am going to buy a tinted moisturizer this weekened by hard candy to try it out... anyone use any of their products??
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    you get about 4-5 samples a month, this month i got NARS orgasm highlighter, *love it!!* been using it every day for a month, and still have tons left!! i got a green tea moisturizer, some chocolate thats only 1 calorie per piece! some bare minerals volumizing mascara, i got two other things but im pulling a blank! But i love it!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Went to birchbox.com and it looks like you get a package a month, and you usually get 4 or 5 samples per package. So that's something to think about.

I finally got the drugstore bronzer that EVERY Youtube guru talks about, NYC Sunny. I couldn't help it, it was only $3! Haven't used it yet and won't get to use it tomorrow, but Friday, it is on like Donkey Kong. :laugh:

Anyone else purchase a new makeup item recently that they're stoked about? Has anyone tried the Milani baked blushes?
    Ohh birchbox sounds like fun. The only hard candy product i've tried is the baked bronzer an i did not like it at all. it was hard and i could barely get any product on my brush . as for ny sunny the color is nice but the texture is chalky.

last night i bought WNW color icon 8 pan palette in comfort zone and i LOVE it!!!
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    I'd love to get makeup....but I work from home and i don't go anywhere/have anyone to look good for. So I just get whatever I have a coupon for at the supermarket and combine it with either a sale or a "clearance". If I have to pay more than $2 for it I'm not getting it.

Plus the stuff lasts so long...I have eyeshadows that are over 5 yrs old! :laugh:
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    i am going to buy a tinted moisturizer this weekened by hard candy to try it out... anyone use any of their products??

I tried it--- it sucks. :o( good thing it was $6 and not $16...still kinda bummed. It is more of a cakey foundation than a tinted mousturizer. i dont recommend it. Also, I bought "light" and it is very dark. Im "pale" but im not pastey...light should have been fine...I wear a medium foundation in most tones....
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    you get about 4-5 samples a month, this month i got NARS orgasm highlighter, *love it!!* been using it every day for a month, and still have tons left!! i got a green tea moisturizer, some chocolate thats only 1 calorie per piece! some bare minerals volumizing mascara, i got two other things but im pulling a blank! But i love it!

hmmm...now that ill be working more since im in a less time-consuming rotation (psych) I MIGHT just have to invest in this...sounds fun!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    ktbug1186 - see that's awesome, I love it when samples are big enough that you can actually use them more than once.

nolachick - I did end up buying NYC Sunny anyway and am so far liking it. I really must get one of the WNW color icon palettes. Blogs love them. Youtube gurus love them. The big question really is - which one do I buy?!

Wanted to let everyone know that Target has a freebie offer going on that's a little beauty bag full of samples and coupons, worth $25. All you have to do is answer 5 or 6 questions about your beauty product purchasing habits and that's it. Here's the link... http://samples.target.com/beauty-bag/ ... hopefully there's still samples left for y'all!
  • humblemonkey
    Options

Wanted to let everyone know that Target has a freebie offer going on that's a little beauty bag full of samples and coupons, worth $25. All you have to do is answer 5 or 6 questions about your beauty product purchasing habits and that's it. Here's the link... http://samples.target.com/beauty-bag/ ... hopefully there's still samples left for y'all!
    i did it! 4-6 weeks! geees...Ill probably forget about it and it will be a nice little surprise right before my birthday! haha