Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    anyone found good deals this week?
    there's a 20% off coupon on ulta.com but i can't seem to get it to work. IDK what's up with that.

anyhoo, what's your longest lasting lipstick/lip stain?
  • nolachick
    Options
    oh oh where did all the other make up addicts go?

Well i got my order from sephora last night. I got the following things:

Lancome Creme Radiance (creme to foam cleanser) - loving it so far. a little goes a long way

Benefit Big Beautiful eyes palette - not too crazy about the size and colors, will give it another try and if i'm still not happy after a few days i'll return it.

tarte vitamin lipstick in zen - cute color but not as dark as pictured which is ok. i like the texture but i haven't decided if i want to keep it yet.
  • sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This thread is me! A make up addict that is - I love, love, love :love: finding new (to me anyways) make up / tools, lol! At the moment I am waiting on the Sigma F50 and F82 - I have the MAC 227 alredy so I know I am going to love the F50 (which I'm going to be using more as a face/highlight brush than for eyes - hence the dupe) - plus I have seen great reviews on the new kabuki brush set from Sigma (so F82 is the first in this line for me) !!

I mainly love MAC for colour selections and wow factor (eyeshadow / blush) and try to use more skin friendly tinted moisturisers for a daily base, and some estee lauder foundation / highlighter when I'm going out!!

I'll definately be keeping an eye on this thread for future purchase reference (I also use make up alley.com for info / review! )

:smile:

Sarah
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey Sarah! finally we have some activity on this thread. I was wondering if i was the only crazy one about make up still.

ok recently purchased products are :
    Benefit Big Beautiful eyes palette - did not work for my skin tone. maybe for someone more fair. - RETURNED!
    Tarte Zen Lipstick - I'm still trying to decide if i like it ....more to come.
    Sephora brand Creme Stain - LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE! :love: :love: I have tried it is forever fuschia and strawberry red and they are AHMAZING! beautiful color not drying, last a LOOOOOONG time! and at only $12 as compared to other more expensive lip stains ( I tried the Tarte for $24) and was not impressed.

p.s. I am really loving and using a lot more of my Wet n Wild palettes in Comfort Zone and Petal Pusher. So inexpensive yet great quality and last all day over a primer. :wink:
  • sarahanne40
    Options
    lol - I have only just thought of finding a make up thread here! Being in the UK we don't have Sephora (which sucks) - but I am soon moving to Geneva and I know they have Sephora over there (or at least in France), so looking forward to having a browse through there stuff. Last time I went in one (I think in Aix en Provance, France) I was just looking for some basic clinique and had the BF in tow so didnt have time to ogle anything else! I dont know about you - but makeup shopping with men is worse than clothes shopping - at least they have an idea of what looks good with clothes, but having never tried makeup my BF can't contribute anything and gets very easily bored when I'm browsing, lol!

Currently living down in Cornwall I am only near Benefit and clinique counters (no MAC - bummer!) - but as I said this is all going to change when I move next month, yay :smile: ! I have one lip tint, the Max Factor lipfinity tint in berry burst - which I though would be similar the benefit 'rosie' - but has absolutely NO staying power - I lick my lips and the 'tint' comes off!! I think they were probably afraid of people complaining about staining, but seriously - its a sweet colour and has a nice smell / taste (when you lick you lips, lol) - but I wouldnt waste your cash! Other things I am loving at the moment is coral lipstick and nail polish - I have L'oreal 'Magnetic Coral' which I use lightly with a clear gloss - it looks great ! and Max Factor Hot Salsa naiil polish - which is great with a tan :smile:

I'll let you know how the new brushes work out !
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    In my quest to find the perfect foundation for my oily skin, I bought:

Maybelliene Dream Matte Mousse: covers very well, but the color is a little too dark but will be good for summer;
    L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Smothing Mousse: did not cover as well, wore off easily.

I use Avon Magix primer and that seems to help control my oil.
  • nolachick
    Options

Maybelliene Dream Matte Mousse: covers very well, but the color is a little too dark but will be good for summer;

this is my FAVORITE foundation. i have it in honey beige #4. just ordered 2 more on ulta.com to stock up ;)
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options

this is my FAVORITE foundation. i have it in honey beige #4. just ordered 2 more on ulta.com to stock up ;)

I have rosacea and want a full coverage foundation, but one that does not make me look like I am wearing any makeup. The Dream Matte Mousse I like the best so far, but I want to try the Sephora one that is supposed to be like Makeup Forever's HD. My mom, sho has just about the same skin I do, tried the Cover Girl Naturaluxe and she loves it. I have a $2.00 coupon and may have to try it.
    I still need to put a pic up of my eye makeup that I get compliments on, but I am almost out of eye primer and my Kat VonD liner :sad:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    nolachick - I'm going to have to check out the Sephora stain you were talking about! And talk about the love for Wet n Wild - I'm wearing Comfort Zone today! I absolutely love that palette. All of the Color Icon palettes I have I totally love. I need to get Petal Pusher still, and I'm bummed that I let myself forget about Rite Aid's sale last week. D'oh! If you ever spot an ULTA coupon that's allowed on prestige cosmetics can you send a signal flare my way? I'm always wanting to use that discount on Urban Decay or something, and it is restricted. But one good thing to remember is that those discount coupons are good on the nail polish brands (even OPI)!

Sarah - I always hear about the Sigma brushes and how great they are. I don't own any fancy brushes, so I'm looking forward to living vicariously through your new precious.

craftylatvian - Eye makeup picture, lady! Now! :P

Sooo my most recent makeup purchases:

MAC blush in Well Dressed - I love it. This is my first MAC blush. I've been on a hunt for a light pink blush and I found this color while watching Kate Middleton makeup tutorials on YouTube (speaking of, anyone watch Kandee Johnson? I can't remember if she was mentioned before but she's ridiculously effervescent). I found it for $15 on Amazon and I'm so glad I got it.

CoverGirl Cheekers in Plumberry Glow and Natural Twinkle. I got Plumberry because it is one that Emily Noel likes a lot. I thought they were on sale at RA today, but it turns out they weren't. I still used a $2.50/2 coupon on them and they were $4.39 each, so I'm OK with how it turned out. :) I only swatched them on the back of my hand and I think they're both very pretty color. I'm more entranced with Natural Twinkle, but that is probably because I can see the shimmer and I'm addicted to anything shimmery and shiny. :laugh: And talk about memory lane, as soon as I smelled the blush I got flashbacks to high school. I wanted to be like all the other girls and even though I had nice Merle Norman makeup, I had to have a CoverGirl compact to carry around with me. :laugh: Oh, peer pressure!
  • GThealth
    GThealth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. No new clothes till I can wear the ones that used to fit....My problem is, it used to just be makeup. I started a youtube makeup channel (GorgeouslyTalented), but recently my "addiction" has expanded into hair and such too. Alas. Ha ha. In the last MONTH I've bought a triple barrel curling iron, a deep waver curling iron, 2 sets of extensions, hot rollers and numerous hair care products. Oh....and some makeup! Ha ha ha. I'll be broke and living on the street...but damn I'll be looking FINE!!! Ha ha.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I totally understand. No new clothes till I can wear the ones that used to fit....My problem is, it used to just be makeup. I started a youtube makeup channel (GorgeouslyTalented), but recently my "addiction" has expanded into hair and such too. Alas. Ha ha. In the last MONTH I've bought a triple barrel curling iron, a deep waver curling iron, 2 sets of extensions, hot rollers and numerous hair care products. Oh....and some makeup! Ha ha ha. I'll be broke and living on the street...but damn I'll be looking FINE!!! Ha ha.

OK so tell me what the point is to a triple barrel curling iron? I've seen them and always wondered how they worked. What kind of magic can they do? They just look crazy to me!
  • sarahanne40
    Options

Sarah - I always hear about the Sigma brushes and how great they are. I don't own any fancy brushes, so I'm looking forward to living vicariously through your new precious.

Got my two new brushes today - they are great :) - not the type that you get in an average kit and sooooo soft ! I love them :heart: and have already allocated space in my brush roll (home-made - how sad, lol!) .

If you are considering in investing in a permenant brush kit I would suggest you try Sigma as a good quality starting point (MAC are also great, but a tad more pricey!) :happy:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I love getting made up. I use Mary Kay. I'm not super experimental. I go with muted neutrals and light shimmers, maybe a few purples. But I just feel so much prettier when I have makeup on.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how I can get eye liner to stay on my bottom eyelid?
  • nolachick
    Options
    I'll be broke and living on the street...but damn I'll be looking FINE!!! Ha ha.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yey! so glad everyone came back on this thread, i was starting to get lonely.

pink - i'm not too crazy about revlon products. i got a cheekers and an eyeshadow once and i wasnt impressed by the color or pigmentation and the smell wasnt too great either. maybe it was more the smell that turned me off but the naturaluxe line looks pretty nice. glad ur liking ur purhcases.
    i'm also curious about the triple barrel.

@jennd114 - try revlon color stay eyeliner in the inner rim

@ qarol - i've never tried mary kay products. what are ur faves?

@sarahanne40 - so glad u like ur brushes. i always hear about sigma brushes but i've never splurged on any brushes. i use my ecotools and sonia kashuk and really like them :)
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm mostly addicted to Maybelline Great Lash Mascaras.

I have both the regular/washable type and waterproof type. I buy these 2 every 5 months (I just love the newer, fresher look and it goes on better when still new)! Both in brownish-black shade.
  • sarahanne40
    Options
    Can someone tell me how I can get eye liner to stay on my bottom eyelid?

Try Urban Decay 24/7 Liners on your waterline - they are ultra soft (I hate hard scratchy liners) and last all day (or night) and come in loads of colours - in the UK they cost about £9, but last forever :bigsmile:
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Oh thread, where have you been all my life!!! I am a total makeup ADDICT and even considered becoming an artist. My favourite brand has to be Laura Mercier, followed by MAC and NARS. However, I loooove Chanel lipstick - the Laura Mercier ones aren't matte enough for me. MAC Honey Love lipstick is my favourite colour though :D

My makeup musthave has to be Laura Mercier's Secret Camoflague (great for the odd zit and for under the eyes), and their Eye Basics, which is a coloured primer for the eyelids. I use it by itself when I don't want to wear any shadow but still want my eyes to look bright! It looks great with a black liner too (my favourite is actually a cheapy cheap one, by Rimmel, it's really easy to use).

Does anybody know of a great OIL-FREE moisturiser (I'm prone to spots every now and again - yay pcos) that also combats redness?
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Sarah - I should probably start looking into a new brush set. My main brush set is over 10 years old from Merle Norman. Then I've got all of my Bare Escentual brushes I've accumulated over the last 5 years. I'll check out Sigma, thanks!

Qarol - Totally know what you mean about feeling prettier when you've got your face put together. What color eyes do you have? Since you say purples I'm thinking you have green or hazel eyes. Try taking one of your purples (a deep, royal purple if you have it) and apply it wet as an eyeliner. I bet that'll add just a little more zing to your look without making you feel too experimental.

jend - Eye primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin. Get it! And like Sarah said, Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner is the best, no joke, BEST, eyeliner out there.

LeannaJo - Maybelline really does make the best mascara. I'm currently in love with The Falsies. I'm just waiting for a great sale on them so I can stock up

Nola - I got CoverGirl, not Revlon. ;) I'm not a Revlon girl either, except for their nail polishes.
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm also into Covergirl makeup (but not their mascaras). I have used Covergirl brand since high school. Just love it.