Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    PINK: those look cute. i am trying to stay away from buying make up but its hard.

what's everyone's favorite face wash/make up remover?

I just ran out of the Estee Lauder foaming face wash and since i've been using this for 2 years wanted to give something else a try.

something that will wash away my make up but isnt harsh on my skin. :)

I would love to know also...I'm specifically looking for eye make up remover!! I've been using the Hard Candy mascara...MAN that stuff is HARD to get off!!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I've been using the same foaming makeup remover/facial cleanser for years and years. Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser. It's about $6-8 and is a makeup remover and foaming washer. I absolutely love it. I've got semi-sensitive skin (which I learned when my favorite moisturizer got discontinued and all the new stuff I tried made me break out) and this has never ever caused any problems.

I also recently got my hands on Garnier Gel Brusher cleanser, recommended to me by a friend. It is a cool little gadget! Also very budget friendly; what it does is exfoliates really well. A rubber tip brush is attached to the top of the bottle, and you squeeze some gel up and then get it wet. You do little circles on your face with the brush, making the soap foam and scrubbing off skin flakes and whatnot. I don't use it every day, but it is nice when I'm feeling like I need a little something more.

Oh, and for daily moisturizer (RIP Dove Daily Moisture!), I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Sensitive Skin Moisturizer. It is very nice and light but still substantial, and dries/absorbs very quickly. No icky sticky awkwardness.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I use clinique's eye makeup remover...then use St. Ive's Apricot Face Scrub...since like the 8th grade! That stuff is awesome!! I used to break out and it fixed that...and it also stops my dry skin!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I remember using St. Ive's Apricot Face Scrub! Like you said, that takes me back to middle school. :laugh:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i still use st. ive's apricot scrub! only its too harsh for everyday use so i more use biore face scrub every other day. very good. and very gentle.

i think i will get the lancome gel radiance or something in that family. i have a $20 sephora gift card I cud use.
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    I got some free clinique stuff from my mom! yayy!! A bunch of eyeshadows and lipglosses she got but never used. !! And a bunch of the clinque moisturizer...the yellow one thats been around forever?? Yea I love that stuff.
  • nolachick
    Options
    almost went crazy at sephora today! didnt buy any make up tho. just trying some new hair products :
    1. oscar blandi dry shampoo
    2. living proof FULL thickening leave in cream.

havent tried them yet but i'll let u guys know as soon as I do. :smile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I've never bought hair products from Sephora before. Looking forward to your review.

My waitress at lunch today had the prettiest purple eyeshadow ever! I asked her what it was and she said it was a creme eyeshadow from Shiseido. I haven't looked at their collections in forever and a half! I'm thinking it was this stuff, in H6 Violet Visions:

http://www.sca.shiseido.com/index.cfm?select=catalog/index.cfm?product=335

This product is officially on my wish list!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    i love shiseido eyeshadows!
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    I'm a big makeup junkie...it got a lot worse (or better? heh) after I discovered makeupalley.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    OK I'm totally going to buy UD Shadow Pencil in Morphine. I swatched some on my hand yesterday around 1PM. Through being out and about all day, pulling some weeds, and washing my hands, it stayed on. I woke up this morning to realize, IT IS STILL THERE! Lighter, yes, but definitely still there. I'm amazed.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P280408&categoryId=B70

At first I was thinking the $20 price tag was a little high, but for this kind of staying power it seems completely justified!
  • LDL15
    LDL15 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm also a makeup junkie, I love Bobbi Brown, Dior and Lancome. I can't live without eyeliner and mascara. Also, I use the st. ive's microdermabrasion scrub daily. It's much more gentle than the apricot scrub.

i still use st. ive's apricot scrub! only its too harsh for everyday use so i more use biore face scrub every other day. very good. and very gentle.

i think i will get the lancome gel radiance or something in that family. i have a $20 sephora gift card I cud use.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    How in the world did I miss this thread for all this time?? Love makeup - I lean towards mostly MAC though I do have a couple of other brands (but it's very, very few). My problem right now is that my face/foundation is so oily and I HATE how it looks by the middle of the morning. I'm always blotting but that doesn't help much. Any suggestions for foundations that will help prevent this?

And Pinky has me all about polishes now!!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Hi Cee!! :D

I'm a big ginormous huge fan of Bare Escentuals foundations. They've recently come out with a matte formula, which I've heard is good for people who have oily skin (I have normal skin, sensitive to oily moisturizers, and use original formula foundation). Swing by your local Sephora and ask for a sample, they should give you some for you to test out no problem.
  • nolachick
    Options
    _6318440.jpg

this is the link http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/smashbox-glambox-sultry-sweet-set-190-value-nordstrom-exclusive/3158425?origin=related-3158425-0-0-1

ummm this looks awesome! but for $68buck i think i will hold off :S
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hi Cee!! :D

I'm a big ginormous huge fan of Bare Escentuals foundations. They've recently come out with a matte formula, which I've heard is good for people who have oily skin (I have normal skin, sensitive to oily moisturizers, and use original formula foundation). Swing by your local Sephora and ask for a sample, they should give you some for you to test out no problem.
    Ooh, thanks!! I'm going to go this weekend.
  • nolachick
    Options
    OMG sephora is da bomb! they give samples for everything including make up, skin care and perfumes. LOVE SEPHORA!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Makeup addict here. I have oily skin so I am always searching for the perfect foundation.
    I have women stop me and comment that they love my eye makeup. The people at Sephora know me just by my eye makeup! I will have to post a close-up pic soon. I just use white and black cheap eyeshadow.
    My faves:
    Urban Decay eye primer in Fawn: makes eye makeup stay all day, even with my oily skin.
    Avon Magix primer: keeps most of the shine away
    Kat VonD Tattoo eyeliner in Trooper: The best I have ever used. It is a pen-type, but has a tight fine brush instead of a felt-tip like most other pen eyeliners. After converting both my sister and a girl here at work to it, they say they can't live without it.
    I am luck that a Sephora inside JC Penneys opened up near me!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    *raises hand* Makeup addict here. I have oily skin so I am always searching for the perfect foundation.
    I have women stop me and comment that they love my eye makeup. The people at Sephora know me just by my eye makeup! I will have to post a close-up pic soon. I just use white and black cheap eyeshadow.
    My faves:
    Urban Decay eye primer in Fawn: makes eye makeup stay all day, even with my oily skin.
    Kat VonD Tattoo eyeliner in Trooper: The best I have ever used. It is a pen-type, but has a tight fine brush instead of a felt-tip like most other pen eyeliners. After converting both my sister and a girl here at work to it, they say they can't live without it.

Can't wait to see your eye makeup picture! Thanks for the recommendation on the Kat VonD eyeliner. I'm always on the hunt for a great liquid liner.
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    My faves:

Can't wait to see your eye makeup picture! Thanks for the recommendation on the Kat VonD eyeliner. I'm always on the hunt for a great liquid liner.

i SWEAR i am the only girl in this world who DOESNT use liquid liner. i can never get it right!!!