Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    humblemonkey - Liquid liner is quite tricky. The main tip...don't rush it. Go slower than you think you need to, and with the lightest pressure possible. It is so much easier to build up the line than to make it thinner.
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am a bare Minerals and Ulta addict among others (ie mac, stilla, I could go on for days) I am a cosmetologist but decided nursing was a more practical career blah!
  • shrinkingkristy
    shrinkingkristy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love my makeup. Not sure if it's ok to mention here (I don't want to get kicked off MFP!!!) but I sell some on the side for a company that starts with A and ends in N. I'm my own best customer! Love that I get to try everything new at a discount. Hahaha. Cream to powder eyeshadows are really awesome. Eyeshadow is by far my favorite. You can combine so many different colors!

I sell for the same company, and I am quickly becoming my own best customer.

I rarely, if ever, wore makeup before I started with them.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Ladies if you have a Rite Aid near you you NEED to get there tonight! I got some Physicians Formula Powder Pearl palettes (in beige and light bronze pearl) and they're absolutely STUNNING. Seriously. They're on sale (today's the last day) buy one get one free. They're $13.95 so you'll get two for that price. If you have coupons (do a quick google search) you'll get them even cheaper. I had $5 off coupons (used two of them, one on each palette), so I got the palettes for $1.97 each! :noway:

The sale really does end today, and it is only on bronzers (the pearl palettes are considered bronzers) so GO GO GO!!
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i sell avon just so i can make money to spend on more makeup with my discount.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies!

head over to macy's to get your free make up consultation + 2 free samples (7day scrub and all over face color , I got the almond blossom)

i haven't tried the products yet, but i can't wait :)

info link below:
    http://www1.macys.com/shop/beauty/featured-brands/clinique/clinique-makeup/clinique-color-open-house?id=55724
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Thanks for the link nolachick!

Sephora stores in New York have a special on may 12th - bring in any empty full-size shampoo or conditioner and get a free full-size Ojon Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner!

http://www.sephora.com/help/stores/controller.jhtml?store=C9110&dir=events
  • nolachick
    Options
    thnx pink, but my sephora doesnt have any events going on at the moment.
    I did go today to return the Living Proof thickening cream, it did thicken but it also gave me dandruff immediately. I wanted to buy the Oscar Blandi Smoothing shampoo but they were out. oh well..

so, I have a favor to ask u girls, can you please go to the link below and "like" my picture so I can be entered to win a "pin up girl" contest. winner wins red pin up lipstick and Dita von Teese's latest book. :bigsmile:

Thnx a million xoxox :flowerforyou:
  • Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to lip gloss... Other than that, I never wear any make up. I guess it's the tom boy in me lol
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    i SWEAR i am the only girl in this world who DOESNT use liquid liner. i can never get it right!!!

No, you aren't!! I don't wear it either. I tried once but it didn't work out very well lol... although that was almost 5 years ago and at that time I was just learning how to put on makeup (I was a tomboy & pretty much refused to wear makeup until then) so that could have something to do with it!

Anyways.. I am pretty much addicted to my makeup! I can go out without it but that's only on quick trips to the grocery store or to the gym.. I HAVE TO have it if I'm going out for fun! I wear clinique makeup mostly but that's because their foundation is the only one I've tried so far that doesn't make me break out!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    i sell avon just so i can make money to spend on more makeup with my discount.

lol
  • wildsun
    wildsun Posts: 24
    Options
    Addict might not be the right word, but I love it lots! I just like switching up my look, I could go a month easy without the same makeup style used twice.
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love lipstick... everything else, I don't care about!
  • nolachick
    Options
    longest lasting lipstick? i have a fuschia lip liner that i use all over my lips cuz i can't find a lipstick to match it and i find it lasts longer than lipstick. however, it does come off after i eat or drink something. i want something that will hold up on a night out. I heard good things about MB 24hour lipstick but cudnt find the shade i want. :S

suggestions?

and did anyone go on fb to vote for my pic? please follow the link in my last post so i can enter to win a make up contest :blushing:
  • throwingpaint
    throwingpaint Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 20 years old and only just wanting twith make up. If anyone wants to give a beginner some tips ;)
  • throwingpaint
    throwingpaint Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    * to experiment with
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    * to experiment with

check out emilynoel on youtube...she has some great tutorials on how to apply makeup and sme good products to use. shes always doing reviews of products and such...or look back on this thread and u can see reviews of a bunch of products!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Love it too! It all started after I had my first child. I figured I was a little overweight, might as well be pretty and a little over weight. :flowerforyou: Went though an AVON-aholic phase. Now I just buy at wal-mart- it's a lot cheaper!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    i SWEAR i am the only girl in this world who DOESNT use liquid liner. i can never get it right!!!

No, you aren't!! I don't wear it either. I tried once but it didn't work out very well lol... although that was almost 5 years ago and at that time I was just learning how to put on makeup (I was a tomboy & pretty much refused to wear makeup until then) so that could have something to do with it!

Anyways.. I am pretty much addicted to my makeup! I can go out without it but that's only on quick trips to the grocery store or to the gym.. I HAVE TO have it if I'm going out for fun! I wear clinique makeup mostly but that's because their foundation is the only one I've tried so far that doesn't make me break out!
    I can't do the liquid either! I end up looking like my kids drew it on me! I'm better off with a pencil and my fingertip to smudge it a little for a softer look.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options

I can't do the liquid either! I end up looking like my kids drew it on me! I'm better off with a pencil and my fingertip to smudge it a little for a softer look.

The Kat VonD liner I use is a liquid type, but the applicator is like a fine, tight paintbrush. The first time you use it, you may not like it, but one you get the hang of it, you may never go back to a regular eyeliner again! I will try and post pics this coming weekend of my eye makeup and you will be able to see the liner.