Smaller bra size?

Options

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm down a band size AND a cup size. Which sucks because bra's are expensive.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will go down and it will freak you out. No matter what you say, we love our boobs, and when they get smaller it is a shocker.

Yep - am very shocked - though it is nice to see my feet on a regular basis :)

I have gone from a 40DD to a 36E - but I have to say the worst bit is they have gone a bit saggy and no amount of exercise seems to make that better - so went for a proper bra fitting - what a difference!

So my advice - treat yourself to a bra fitting when you have lost weight - most shops will offer them - and buy yourself a couple of expensive well fitting bras - after all we are prepared to spend money on the outside clothes........
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yep, as all the ladies have said, your boobs will shrink. Mine were one of the first things to go, they're tiny now and still dropping. I don't mind it though.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Went down in band size- not cup... I had mine removed surgically because of health issues - best thing I ever did!
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh buddy they'll get smaller! In fact I've heard this from others and experienced it myself too: your chest is often the first place you lose and the first place you gain. My two best friends are professional modern dancers and whenever they take a summer off or aren't working as much, they always know they're getting out of shape when they have to wear real bras and not just built-in tank top things. It's true. My boyfriend always notices if I'm gaining/losing weight based on my chest size.....he's a real expert I guess. Shows you what he's paying attention to!

I bought an EXPENSIVE (for me anyway, $180) bathing suit last summer that I frigging love and I tried to wear it this summer but the chest is way too big. That's the only reason a lot of people I know noticed I lost weight! I haven't lost a ton but it shows in my chest.
  • cutlooseat60
    Options
    Yup...lost the boobs, but the butt still remains. :-(
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Appreciate your butt! I'm really hoping my butt stays.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I lost by doing dumbbell chest press and various free weights upper arm exercise -fly bench, fly decline, fly bench press- Lol, that's why I stopped them. Went from 40E to 36 DD.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Lost mine. I went from a 36 DD to a 32 B. The one area I didn't really want to lose and boy did I. Oh well. You can't choose where your body decides to pull the fat from. I think I'm headed toward A City too.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a bike ride, where I had room to put my cellphone and my keys in my old bra, and still worried they would fall out!
  • 2horsestoride
    2horsestoride Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have lost 57 pounds and not an ounce has come off of "The Ladies." I really, really wish they would shrink. (Note I call them Ladies, not Girls.) I am, um, of a more voluptuous build. :)

I've lost fat off my back, have no rolls around my bra straps any longer, but alas, the Ladies are as prominant as ever. :(

I should have known. When I was younger, and 30 lbs lighter than I am now, I was wearing the same bra size I am now.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I am starting my weight loss journey and one of my goals is to decrease my chest measurements. I know a lot of women want to have larger breasts but honestly i wish mine were smaller. So to all those ladies who have lost weight, can i expect to go down a couple bra sizes? What changed have you experienced?

While my band size went down, my boobies didn't :wink:
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    They will get smaller but hopefully in a good way, lol. I was DD and now I'm down to a D, but the same strap size (around the chest), but that's slowly getting smaller too as I was barely hanging in at 42 on the farthest out notch and now I am down about the middle. I finally broke down and bought a couple new bras and forgot how much I hate trying on bras, especially when I wasn't sure what size I was when I was trying to find a new one, lol. :ohwell:

Good luck on your weight loss goals!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Appreciate your butt! I'm really hoping my butt stays.

Hoping mine stays, too! If I have to lose "the twins" I'd like to at least keep a butt of sorts, maybe not as big but still round, lol. I had a flat butt in high school but big boobs, maybe they'll switch places since my boobs are shrinking hahaha.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    What if I told you your breasts may get smaller but you may actually go UP in size?

Bra size is dependent solely on band size and the difference between band and bust measurement. As you lose weight your band size will change.

For example-

You start off at a 38C. You lose 6 inches from your Underbust and 4 from your breasts.

Now you wear a 32 D.
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I went from 195 pounds to 166 and still a DD cup. I tried on my daughter's D and I was overflowing. I did got from a 36 to a 34. I have to double up to go running. Smaller breasted women probably don't get the feeling when running. If I do not double up, then it feels uncomfortable. My sister had to have a reduction due to severe back pain. Her job paid for it. It was that bad. Being top heavy can cause problems that others may not be aware of. I cannot remember the time I was a C cup.
    I get this from my father's side, definitely not my mother's. She says that is where she loses it first. She is obviously a pear shape.
    Maybe those first 30 lbs didn't come from my cup size, but maybe the next 15 lbs will.
    I do feel bad for my daughter. She is a 34 D and only 19 & 130 lbs. I warn her that is she got pregnant she will be much larger.
  • Nick19f
    Nick19f Posts: 10
    Options
    I used to be a very small cup equivalent to a 301/2 A. I gained weight and my bra size was equivalent to a 34B to C cup. Now that I've lost weight it's not equivalent to a 32A to B cup. I don't feel small chested though compared to my waist size tbh.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I went from a 38 DD to a 36 C, sometimes I need a D. I am not happy haha. After I reach my goal, I plan on getting them bigger.
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40DD to 36B with a 40 pound weight lose. Back to what I was in college. It has been an expensive journey.
  • MerdiJune
    Options
    That's usually the first thing that I notice a decrease in when I take measurements. Kinda disappointing, since they weren't very big to begin with. Never been bigger than a 34B, and they're slowly shrinking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!