Smaller bra size?

Options

Replies

• HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of boobage. :( Still got a good bit though! I've stalled in that department recently, with inches lost coming mostly from the waist.
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started at 38DD (probably was the wrong size tbh) and now I'm at 34DDD. I have 15 lbs to go and I'd love to lose a cup size. The last time I was smaller than a D cup was my junior year of high school (5'7" , 115 lbs, 34C) so I'm guessing it's probably not gonna happen.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will go down and it will freak you out. No matter what you say, we love our boobs, and when they get smaller it is a shocker.

Speak for yourself. I love the fact mine shrank, and I'd be happy if they shrank all the way down to an A cup.
  • kendragetshealthy
    Options
    I was a DD when I started and am now a C after losing 47 pounds. I am THRILLED! :)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I've always had a larger chest, but after having two kids and never losing all the pregnancy weight I was up to a 36DDD. I hated how big they were and I couldn't fit into clothes I wanted to wear. I also had back and shoulder pain and was so fed up that I was researching breast reduction surgery and documenting things with my doctor. That's what prompted me to really give weight loss my all.

I lost 9 inches from my boob measurement. NINE INCHES!!! I went from a 36DDD ---> 34D or 36D depending on the manufacturer.

I am so much happier with my size now. You want to get a really good sports bra. I have the Enell and you don't jiggle at all, it's really amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/Enell-High-Impact-Sports-Bra/dp/B000OQ3Q0G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377532847&sr=8-2&keywords=enell+sports+bra

You can do it!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Hate to be the voice of dissent here. But I am down 35 at the moment (I was even further along, but regained about 15 last year).

At my highest weight, my bra size was 38F/36G (my underbust measurement was 37 inches or so). At my current weight my bra size is 34H/32HH (underbust of 33 inches).

And when I was 15 pounds lighter? 32HH/32J (underbust was about 31.5-32).

Basically, I keep losing in the band and not losing any volume. Those sizes are all sister sizes.

I assumed I would lose consistently in the band and keep approximately the same cup (ie go from 36G to 28G-30G or something like that), but so far it isn't happening that way.

I wouldn't mind losing a cup or 2, because my current size is pretty difficult to find in store or out. Not many brands have H cups in bands under 34. :( At this rate, I'll be around 28K/L. That is no man's land of bra sizes! Hopefully as I get closer to goal I lose a little volume. But some of us are destined to be busty no matter what our weights are.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will go down and it will freak you out. No matter what you say, we love our boobs, and when they get smaller it is a shocker.

I disagree.. I lost a cup size and 4 band sizes and I want them to shrink down another couple sizes.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    I start out at a C cup when I'm underweight 80 something lbs I get to about a D cup when I get a little passed 100 lbs. I guess I gain/lose a cup every 20 lbs I gain/lose. I don't mind being a C cup. A small C cup mind you but I prefer a D cup a small one. If I were 120 something and a DD cup is be too big for it to be flattering really I'm going to have to use other methods if I want to gain in breasts size besides gaining weight IMO. But yeah they do shrink when I'm underweight but not by too much people still act like they're big for my size. I also get more rude comments about plastic surgery then. So yeah it's nice to fill out.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am starting my weight loss journey and one of my goals is to decrease my chest measurements. I know a lot of women want to have larger breasts but honestly i wish mine were smaller. So to all those ladies who have lost weight, can i expect to go down a couple bra sizes? What changed have you experienced?

It really depends on how your body reacts but most likely yes your chest will decrease as the rest of your body does. Fat comes off in layers and so you should see loss all over your body in time.

Some exercise may increase your bra size- example, if you haven't done push ups or the like and start- that will build the muscles in your chest and may cause your bust to push out more. But exercising also will burn and decrease size in general so they may go down.

Sorry for the long explaination but I wanted to be thorough (spelling?) I hope this helps!
  • gsdz4me
    gsdz4me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have gone smaller in band size but not cup, in fact the cup size has increased and that is after me being measured up in store by someone who did it properly. But the bras fit great and feel so much more comfortable than my previous bras.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The only thing I liked about gaining weight was getting sum boobies!!! I really hate 2 lose anymore from them but T & A seem 2 always be the 1st 2 go... My husband has gained sum weight lately & he's up 2 a handful (of boobs that is)... lol They're so squishy!!!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I ate and gained weight and my boobs. I lost 21 kilos, nothing off my boobs. Gained most of it back and i gained a little bit more. Big boobs run in my mums genes. I had nothing until I got fat.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You will mosy certainly go down because if I recall correctly, the breast area is mainly fat tissue :)
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've only read the first page, but no one had said this yet. There are woman who don't gain and lose in their chests. When I got down to a healthy weight before, I hadn't lost any there, and ended up having surgical reduction. When you are height-weight proportionate, it can be deemed medically necessary (usually DD+), and my insurance ended up covering it on appeaK.

If you got larger as you put on weight, you'll probably lose at least some, but I wanted to and didn't.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    I've only read the first page, but no one had said this yet. There are woman who don't gain and lose in their chests. When I got down to a healthy weight before, I hadn't lost any there, and ended up having surgical reduction. When you are height-weight proportionate, it can be deemed medically necessary (usually DD+), and my insurance ended up covering it on appeaK.

If you got larger as you put on weight, you'll probably lose at least some, but I wanted to and didn't.

Even if you were underweight you'd still be the same size?

Like say you were 70 lbs you still would be the same size?

I wish I were you.
    Never knew that was possible also hard to see a 70 lber with DD+ cups.
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    So far I have gone down proportionally- from a 42DDD to a 36DDD. I'm hoping, though, that eventually I'll lose a cup size or two. I'm likely to end up at a 32, I think, since I'm nearly down to a 34 already and I have several inches of fat left on my ribcage, but the idea of having to somehow buy 32DDD bras is horrifying so I'm REALLY hoping I lose some in the cup soon!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    107 pounds lost and down from a 42 DD to a 36 C. Smallest I ever wore was when I was 17-25 years old and wore a 34 B. I was about 10 pounds underweight then. Glad to be my "normal" size again. Might need a lift though. I'm thinking saggy baggy elephant here. LOL!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It is different for everyone. My band size goes down but my cup size doesn't usually go down much (and I'm a G cup so that sucks really).

Some women do lose cup size and some don't, and I know in theory it is fatty tissue and it should leave, but it doesn't always, depends on genetics largely for that component of it unless you get super super thin.

eta: I am hoping this time is different, I would love for them to get small enough for me to buy underarmour sports bras and to shop regular stores for bras (I have trouble finding my current size even at the big women stores).
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hate to be the voice of dissent here. But I am down 35 at the moment (I was even further along, but regained about 15 last year).

At my highest weight, my bra size was 38F/36G (my underbust measurement was 37 inches or so). At my current weight my bra size is 34H/32HH (underbust of 33 inches).

And when I was 15 pounds lighter? 32HH/32J (underbust was about 31.5-32).

Basically, I keep losing in the band and not losing any volume. Those sizes are all sister sizes.

I assumed I would lose consistently in the band and keep approximately the same cup (ie go from 36G to 28G-30G or something like that), but so far it isn't happening that way.

I wouldn't mind losing a cup or 2, because my current size is pretty difficult to find in store or out. Not many brands have H cups in bands under 34. :( At this rate, I'll be around 28K/L. That is no man's land of bra sizes! Hopefully as I get closer to goal I lose a little volume. But some of us are destined to be busty no matter what our weights are.

FINALLY! Someone like me....... :wink:
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited for this too. I was a B through college, then went on the pill and became a C, and now with the weight gain I'm a full C/small D. I went off the pill about 2 years ago and the boobs did not go down, much to my dismay.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!