Smaller bra size?

Options

Replies

• Ladydragon20
    Options
    Since I have started my weight loss journey I have had about 6 or 7 people (all females)say something to me about getting a breast reduction if I don't loss weight in that area. I know I will Lose some weight but I was big when I was smaller and younger so I don't anticipate getting to small. I've decided that I will not wear baggy clothes or have a reduction to make other people feel comfortable around me. I wore baggy shirts when I was younger I will not do it again. If I have health problems then I will consider a reduction but not to make people feel comfortable with my size.

Also on the subject of people thinking that you are fat when you have big boobs. I've experienced that when I was younger. My mother in law worked at a shirt factory and had bought some shirts for her daughter. She turned to me and said that she would have gotten me some but they did not have my size. I asked her what sizes she had gotten for her daughter she said a 10. I told her that was what I wore. Her daughter is very broad in the chest area. She was surprised that my shirt size was so small. That is one reason I will not wear baggy clothes again.
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have greatly decreased the band size, but the cup size is always slow to go down, I don't know why. I think another 10lbs and I can go to a C cup. I was a full D squashed in when I started.
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40D to a 36C.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Just went bra shopping last weekend. I went down in band size, and up in cup size! By two cup sizes! WTH? I'm anticipating that will change, but I'm not complaining!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Remember if your band size goes down your cup goes up, doesn't mean they are bigger
    I can be a 32F or 36D

It also depends on losing body fat not just weight, I went from a 36B to only a nipple popping out when I lost over 50#
    In 2011, my reward was a boob job, i was not cool with having nothing!
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    My measurements say that I went from a 42C to a 36C. The 36C however doesn't fit right. I'm guessing I'm a 36B now. I don't understand how my measurements don't fit well in to the size designed for my measurements. Maybe it's the brand.

It could very well be. I'm having the same issue. What I've learned is that sister sizes can help and a whole lot of trial and error is involved. :ohwell: Maybe this pic might help...

283700_599355220082195_98475149_n.png

Hhwoarq.jpg

these examples aren't the best considering the have a certain body shape in mine...
    I'm a '32D' measured by victoria secrets... I look a lot bigger than those photos because I'm top heavy and a lot skinnier...
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Since I have started my weight loss journey I have had about 6 or 7 people (all females)say something to me about getting a breast reduction if I don't loss weight in that area. I know I will Lose some weight but I was big when I was smaller and younger so I don't anticipate getting to small. I've decided that I will not wear baggy clothes or have a reduction to make other people feel comfortable around me. I wore baggy shirts when I was younger I will not do it again. If I have health problems then I will consider a reduction but not to make people feel comfortable with my size.

Also on the subject of people thinking that you are fat when you have big boobs. I've experienced that when I was younger. My mother in law worked at a shirt factory and had bought some shirts for her daughter. She turned to me and said that she would have gotten me some but they did not have my size. I asked her what sizes she had gotten for her daughter she said a 10. I told her that was what I wore. Her daughter is very broad in the chest area. She was surprised that my shirt size was so small. That is one reason I will not wear baggy clothes again.

I find that a problem in that I can't find a shirt that completely shows how flat my stomach is and cover my chest so I have to wear a size that makes me stomach look poofy which is annoying.
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I want to get to my former weight, and I wore a 36C at the time....right now I wear a 40D, so hopefully I won't go smaller than I was before.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Haha, why do some women not like having big boobs? I wear a G or GG cup, and let me tell you, it's an absolute pain. Shirts never fit well, my shoulders and back hurt, there's dents in my skin from my bras, they're not attractive at all. More mass = more sagging. Unless you have implants, larger breasts are not perky. I can't wait to go down in sizes everywhere, boobs included. :)

are you saying a real G or GG cup or the kind that is like 7 or 8 inches from the rib cage?

Because I have 8 inch cups they don't hurt my back nor are they saggy. I'm technically a 28 GG if you measure below the bust and then my bust size. It might be the bra you're using or childbirth or age. Which honestly my mom is a 28C cup and saggy since 20 due to childbirth... That's small... Also let me tell you one more thing. I can tell you myself big breasts are far better saggy than saggy small boobs because they just look like skinny at that point. Anybody can have saggy or perky boobs. I honestly think apples to apples big boobs always win over small ones when compared correcting. Be grateful for what you have you're beautiful no matter what :).
  • AnnieMae07
    AnnieMae07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was a 38 DD... now I'm a 32 D. I love my small D's! :)
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have actually gone from a 38DDD to a 34F! I'm still hoping with the more weight I lose that it'll start falling off my chest.
  • Aminah3052
    Aminah3052 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My chest has gone down alot I'm still a C so I'm trying to convince myself i only lost "back fat" but if that was
    REALLY the case my cup size would be bigger lol but either way for now I'm not too worried. I just had to go buy new bras cuz none that i had were holding me (i kept slipping out if some of them smh(not good to happen in public and DEFINITELY not good for working out)
  • shelbymkoenig
    shelbymkoenig Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45lbs but I'm still a 40DD occasionally a 38DD with different bra makers. I'm destined for giant boobs I think :(
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Finally after 30 pound weight loss, I am down one bra size. Can you believe it took that long to go from 36DD to a 34 D? I hope it doesn't take another 30 pounds to get to a C cup. I am only planning on going for another 15-20 pounds or whatever it takes for a healthy body fat%.
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Regrettably, the boobs were the first thing I noticed were shrinking :(
    Way back when I was normal weight, I was an A cup. I suspect that I'll be back to that quickly. I haven't done measurements since I started last month, but they are definitely filling the bra a little less. I'll miss being a C cup, but I 'll happily trade them for a healthy STRONG body that can run from the zombie apocalypse if need be :)
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just started but I'm hoping big or small, they are not tooo saggy.
  • Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Regrettably, the boobs were the first thing I noticed were shrinking :(
    Way back when I was normal weight, I was an A cup. I suspect that I'll be back to that quickly. I haven't done measurements since I started last month, but they are definitely filling the bra a little less. I'll miss being a C cup, but I 'll happily trade them for a healthy STRONG body that can run from the zombie apocalypse if need be :)

Same here- in the beginning of my weight loss my initial inches came from my boobs instantly. I was in a C- sometimes a D. I have a feeling I'll be fitting back into my Bs from pre-weight gain I decided to keep which really saddens me.

I concur with trading them any day for a better overall body that won't get eaten in the first 10 minutes of a zombie apocalypse.
  • GinaNilce
    Options
    I've lost just over 40lbs, 3 band sizes and I think 4 cup sizes. I started out as a 36I and I'm now a 32G. You have to remember that cup sizes get bigger and smaller relative to the band size. Say you were a 34D and are now a 32D you've actually gone down about a cup size, if you hadn't you would now be a 32DD. That's why some of you have gone down band sizes and up cup sizes, they're sister sizes. I'm hoping that once I'm done breastfeeding I'll be in DD territory....
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    what are all you women doing with the old bras?? :tongue:
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've gone down a LOT. My biggest bra size was a 54 or 56 DDD, I'm now in a 42 DD, sometimes 42D depending on the bra fit. I had a lot of back fat, so when I started losing, luckily that started coming off first. I still have over 100lbs to lose, hoping they don't go down TOO muchy more (luckily my cup size hasn't really changed as much as my 'around' size), because I like having big boobs! lol Not sure what I'd do if I went to being a skeeter-bite girl.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!