What is your daily calorie goal? (FEMALES ONLY)

Options
1235»

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1308 (I used the WebMD Food & Fitness Planner with the goal to lose up to 2 lbs a week)
    Height: 5' 3"
    Current Weight: 142.4
    Calories burned from Exercise: ranges from 600 (my low impact days) - 2000 (my crazy days)

I usually eat/drink about 1/3 or more of my exercise calories.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    5'3, 119lbs goal is 1000. 1200 was just too much for me because my BMR was 1275.

Your BMR (according to MFP) is what your body would burn lying in bed in a comatose state. The moment you get up you are burning more. Stay above 1200 and read the links in my signature.

When you are already little (at a healthy weight) and you want to shed more fat then cardio won't quite do it. You need to lift weights! Muscles burn fat through the day.
    My BMR is 1188 and I eat 1500 per day plus exercise calories and I'm losing.

ok, you sound like you know what you're talking about so i'm going to ask you. right now i'm 5'4" and 117. i fluctuate between 115 and 120. i'd like to get down to around 110 (no lower) and tone up. i've been consuming 1,200 calories a day and zero exercise (i'm going to be honest - i'm really just too lazy. i know i'm living in oz if i think this is going to happen without a spit of exercise, but what would you recommend?
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1250 (my vitamins are about 50 cals)
    Height: 5'5"
    Current Weight: 181
    Calories burned from Exercise: I shoot for 350-500 (when I'm not sick)
    I do not typically eat back my exercise calories.
  • reikichris
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1230 (plus approx. 1/2 of exercise calories)
    Height: 6'2"
    Current Weight: 163
    Calories burned from Exercise: 200 - 400 daily
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1250
    Height: 5'1
    Current Weight: 220
    Calories burned from Exercise: 300-ish

And I eat my exercise cals because the 1250 is set to what I should eat to lose without exercising. If I'm exercising, I get to eat more.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

ok, you sound like you know what you're talking about so i'm going to ask you. right now i'm 5'4" and 117. i fluctuate between 115 and 120. i'd like to get down to around 110 (no lower) and tone up. i've been consuming 1,200 calories a day and zero exercise (i'm going to be honest - i'm really just too lazy. i know i'm living in oz if i think this is going to happen without a spit of exercise, but what would you recommend?

mind if I poke my nose in here?

The first question you need to ask is how you came to a goal of 110? And what does it get you when you get there? The reason I ask that is because at a certain point, weight is arbitrary and body fat percentage becomes the only true means of determining how much weight you should loose. If you're body fat % is low already, you shouldn't be trying to lose more weight. Assuming you are lightly active your daily maintenance is somewhere around 1750 calories, which means at the most, your deficit shouldn't be more than 250, in other words you should probably not be below about 1500 calories per day, NOT INCLUDING EXERCISE. If you're sedentary, then it's probably a little lower than that. Anyway, regardless, "toning up" is going to require resistance training two to three times a week, I.E. HIIT training, weight training, circuits, essentially anything anaerobic.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    daily calories 605, yes 605, lowered each week until I reach 'overweight', now only 10 more obese pounds to go, custom change the goal until reach the 2.1 pounds per week rate, BUT eating highest value foods, veg, berries, fiber one cereal, lots of fiber, taking sups for calcium and vitamin/minerals

height 5'2"

current weight 174.4

calories from exercise ZERO, hate exercise

I have aimed for the most nutritious freshest diet, I have not experienced the mythical starvation mode, I do not believe in it at all, but then I am not hormonally cycling,

I believe calories/calories out,

I do not believe in cheat days,

I plan special occasions, restaurant trips,

started August 1 and except for a few days at Christmas have been strict with myself,

I average 2 pounds per week, but then I was 250 when I started, those with less than 50 pounds to lose have my sympathy, I realize that soon it will be harder, much harder,

in 10 pounds when I reach 'overweight' I think I will maintain a bit raising my calories to lose 1 pound per week because I need to allow time for my fat to shift a bit, I think I will consider EXERCISE since it is really not such a bad thing,

and I can see the value in turning up the metabolism rate, but omg do I hate exercise!!!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1,900
    Height: 5'6"
    Current Weight: 141
    Calories burned from Exercise: 400 to 500/day, five or six days a week