March Walking Challenge - join in :)

Options

Replies

• velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and just saw this so I'm starting a bit late and alternating walking with swimming so will only track the walking! I love a good challenge!

exercise.png
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I decided that I need the accountability of checking in daily with my walking progress. I am setting my goal at 31 miles for March. I know I've lost some days in March already, but I'll double up on nice days walking morning and evening.:happy:
  • patches0102
    Options
    No formal exercise/walk today - just chased around a small, active, boy who is excited to turn 3 tomorrow. Celebration was today. I still got some steps in though. Every little bit counts.
  • patches0102
    Options
    Yes the P90 and P90X you saw on the infomercial is the same as what you hear people talking about. There is another topic that is discussing the P90 that people are doing. Although I am familiar with both of these, I don't know enough to tell you about the 10 minute one. I have borrowed the DVDs on the P90 and the P90X and tried them. It is a workout but I had some workout routines from a personal trainer that worked me just as hard and I liked doing them better. I have not completed an entire P90 program myself. I have heard good things about it though.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    So glad I signed up to do this yesterday. I did not feel like walking tonight, so I was just going to take my dog out for a quick 5 or 10 minutes and nothing more. But then I remembered this challenge and pushed myself to take him for a 36 minute walk instead. So thanks you guys for motivating me to get out there tonight!

edit: I always do the ticker wrong on the first try!

exercise.png
  • jeritaylor
    jeritaylor Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, Here is my walking check in.

Thursday - 1 mile with my Kindergarten Students
    1 mile with teacher friends after school
    2 miles on treadmill (c25k)
    5 miles with Leslie Sansone

Friday - 4 miles with school friends after school

Saturday - 2 miles on treadmill (c25k)
    4 miles walk and jog

Happy walking!!!!
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    Didn't get any walking in on Friday due to having to wait in for a delivery that didn't come until almost dinner time :mad:

Got about an hour and a half's worth in yesterday, including C25K and walking to the supermarket and back, and think i'm still on track to reach my goal, and hopefully even top it.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Pushing on for another 30 min plus want to see if I did the ticker update correctly!

exercise.png

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It's raining today, so I think my exercise is going to be housework!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    FabulousGia, I like how you recorded the date and miles that you walked, and I hope you don't mind that I use the same format, because even with a ticker from tickerfactory.com, it can get confusing, and you can lose track.

3/1: 2 miles
    3/2: 1.26 miles
    3/3: 1.53 miles
    3/4: 0
    3/5: 2.37
    3/6: 2.80 miles

exercise.png
  • mnmorneau
    mnmorneau Posts: 49
    Options
    Did my 3 miles yesterday for the Animal Defense League. Got caught in a rain storm about half way thru but managed to finish in 53 minutes. Guess my next goal should be to finish in 50 minutes.

Hey, Patches thank you for the information. It was helpful. I have looked at the P90, P90 X and the 30 day shred and those are to much for me. The 10 minute one looks about my style and alot more workable. After my daily treadmill I have about 15 minutes left and just kind of waste that away so maybe if I do the 10 min thing I wil be putting my 15 minutes to good use. I need to add something to my workout as I have been stuck at my present weight for about 2 weeks now. I will update my ticker later today. I am on my son's computer and it is very old and I am not sure I can figure out how to get the ticker to work.
  • mnmorneau
    mnmorneau Posts: 49
    Options
    well, I figured it out so my ticker has been updated.
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Squeezed in 15 minutes of walking yesterday; busy day.
  • patches0102
    Options
    You are welcome. I know what you mean about having 10 or 15 minutes left over. I have an assortment of times on all of my exercise DVDs. It helps in planning your day when you can grab a 20 minute workout and still feel accomplished. I just finished my step video and plan on getting some walking in later today to add to my steps.
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    So I have a lot of catching up to do, it has been a really busy week (i know that it's not a good excuse) but I have managed to get my workouts in and that has been my focus last week. I am determined to catch up this week...beginning today! Thanks girls for keeping me accountable!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Did a walk with my family this afternoon, 3 miles!

LouiseXXX
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    Hey guys..... i'm sorry I'm just now checking in for the weekend... i've been busy; However, I walked the 5K yesterday morning as I said I would...and today I've walked 2 miles..

I will update my ticker 5.1 miles later tonight.
    Thanks (also, I have completed week 1 of c25k and started week 2 today)
  • patches0102
    Options
    I managed to get a 40 minute walk in this afternoon. The first week has gone well.
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong with my ticker...still a bit challenged:grumble: but I have continued to walk-though I did not walk/run Friday :grumble: (my own fault for procrastinating in the morning) but I did walk/run (week 5 day 2 C25K) 40m minutes and I going to do week 5 day 3 right now! :smile:
  • Rosebud62
    Rosebud62 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.7 miles today.