March Walking Challenge - join in :)

Options

Replies

• lucky1472
    lucky1472 Posts: 14
    Options
    I would like to join, I need the push to get me motivated to get off of my lazy butt.
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This weekend was almost one of no exercise; eating entirely off plan. I've got to step my game up and this challenge will really help keep me accountable. Waiting for company to leave to Walk It Out.
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    Beautiful weather yesterday afternoon, got in a lovely walk on the Common with hubby.
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Georgous day today, so walked to shops and back, 50 mins logged :)
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Check in time
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Everyone seems to be doing good :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

March goal 31 miles - 16miles done = 15 miles to go
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge. I'll jump right in. I walked about a mile this am and I'll try for some more this afternoon.

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a heart monitor? I am interested in getting one but would like to hear what others think first.
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I use a body media and like it. You can keep it on almost 24/7 - it does a lot - counts your steps - calories expended - physical activity, monitors your sleep and allows you to log in everything you eat - like we do here. It can be expensive but I got mine on a good sale at Costco. Feel free to email me any specific question before purchasing. Here's the web site.

http://www.bodymedia.com
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    I would like to join, I need the push to get me motivated to get off of my lazy butt.

Ok, did you get off your lazy butt yesterday :wink: just checking! LOL
  • Kimber2336
    Options
    FabulousGia, I like how you recorded the date and miles that you walked, and I hope you don't mind that I use the same format, because even with a ticker from tickerfactory.com, it can get confusing, and you can lose track.

3/1: 2 miles
    3/2: 1.26 miles
    3/3: 1.53 miles
    3/4: 0
    3/5: 2.37
    3/6: 2.80 miles

exercise.png

Looks like we're both on track for our 40 Miles.... Good Job!!!!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a heart monitor? I am interested in getting one but would like to hear what others think first.

I use a Polar FT7. I got it a few weeks ago and I really like it. The watch face is a little big and since I haven't worn a watch in years, I find it a little annoying, but otherwise, I've got no complaints. The chest strap is perfectly comfortable; once I put it on, I barely remember it's there.

So, I got in a 30+ minute walk last night, barely. I know it's only been a few days, but this challenge has made me go out for walks the last 2 days even though I really didn't want to. During the week, I'm pretty good about working out and/or walking, but on weekends, I really have to push myself to walk/run, either because I go out or I just get caught up doing other things. So far this month I've been able to stick to my goal of at least 30 mins/day.
    3/1--31 minutes
    3/2--44 minutes
    3/3--49 minutes
    3/4--44 minutes
    3/5--36 minutes
    3/6--32 minutes
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong with my ticker...still a bit challenged:grumble: but I have continued to walk-though I did not walk/run Friday :grumble: (my own fault for procrastinating in the morning) but I did walk/run (week 5 day 2 C25K) 40m minutes and I going to do week 5 day 3 right now! :smile:

I did the same thing the first couple of times I tried to post. And kept having to go back and edit to put in the correct code. Try using the bbCode instead of the HTML code.
  • Kimber2336
    Options
    One more mile at work...walking to banks (Added to Ticker)
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Did 18 minutes at 4mph today.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Added another 5 miles to my ticker (3 miles with Leslie and 2 job-hunting with my daughter!!!!).

LouiseXXX
  • lucky1472
    lucky1472 Posts: 14
    Options
    I got off my lazy butt and walked a mile today, I plan on walking another mile after dinner.
  • Kimber2336
    Options
    I got off my lazy butt and walked a mile today, I plan on walking another mile after dinner.

Congrats Lady :-)
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    3 miles today :)
  • patches0102
    Options
    just got back from my 2nd walk of the day. Met my daily goal.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Got on the treadmill at 5 this morning to get my walk in before work. Started my day off right and I felt energetic the entire day.
    Walked for 60 minutes.