March Walking Challenge - join in :)

Options

Replies

• Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Haven't done my official walking yet, but I did work hard today cleaning my daughter's house so I burned a lot of calories. My grandddaughter and I "strolled" after school, but I'm not counting that. Tomorrow will start the official countdown. I'm hoping to find time to do my ticker too.
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's a week late......but, this flu is gone and I am out walking! Daily goal is 30 minutes to start. Today I did it with a 30 pounds kid on my shoulders!
    Lost three pounds total this week! MFP doesn't count it because I gained two pounds the first week of working out though. I'm happy I lost them again! lol
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's a week late......but, this flu is gone and I am out walking! Daily goal is 30 minutes to start. Today I did it with a 30 pounds kid on my shoulders!
    Lost three pounds total this week! MFP doesn't count it because I gained two pounds the first week of working out though. I'm happy I lost them again! lol
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Did C25K this afternoon--35 minute run/walk. Then walked with my dog 33 minutes this evening. About 3.8 miles combined.
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wish I had seen this earlier, but never too late. I want to join in. Can I put what I walked yesterday down?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I got in 20 minutes today.... yay!
  • Grandee47
    Options
    I'd love suggestions for a reliable pedometer. I've owned several over the years but none were any I felt were really dependable. Would appreciate your input. Thanks! :smile:
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    3/1: 2 miles
    3/2: 1.26 miles
    3/3: 1.53 miles
    3/4: 0
    3/5: 2.37
    3/6: 2.80 miles
    3/7: 1.26 miles (walked this far during my lunch break yesterday)

exercise.png
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    managed to get my 30 mins in before the rain started :)
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    Say a little prayer I feel better... I think I'm starting to get sick... didn't walk any last night or this morning... <---- under the weather :-(
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Haven't done my official walking yet, but I did work hard today cleaning my daughter's house so I burned a lot of calories. My grandddaughter and I "strolled" after school, but I'm not counting that. Tomorrow will start the official countdown. I'm hoping to find time to do my ticker too.

Awesome! Hey strolling is good too. LOL But I know what you mean by "offical" walking.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Well, I totally went crazy the last few days (almost all of last week and the weekend)....end result of eating fast food and not exercising...9lb gain. But I'm back, and I got in 1 whole hour this morning of walking. :)

Tonight I'm going to walk another hour to try and make up for not getting it in last week. I really need to find a walking partner for in the mornings. I can sometimes convince my husband to go with me in the evenings, but in the morning I am all alone...and an hour is very boring alone...even with my music. :yawn:
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Just my walk to work and back today - 1 mile. I did week 3, day 2 of my C25K training... The last 3 minute interval wasn't easy!

LouiseXXX
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    I got in 4mi today...still need to play catch up to my zero walking over the weekend.
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly adding the steps back that I didn't get in over the weekend. Just walked 3.5 miles here at work - see what I can get in tonight - only 16,000 to catch up.:wink:

Portia
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I got another 1.8 miles in last night and I have to admit that I am amazing myself having the endurance for that long a walk. Just a few months ago, I could not stand for 10 minutes, let alone walking nearly 2 miles in 20 minutes. Slowly but surely I will eventually become the runner I have always wanted to be. :smile:
  • Grandee47
    Options
    i did it! I got out and walked 1.5 miles. Now I have to get my ticker made. Am cooking Irish stew, Irish shortbread and Irish Jig dessert for a luncheon tomorrow and I not only walked today, I've stayed out of the stew!!!!! Am remembering to get my water in, too. :drinker:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,123 Member
    Options
    I missed a couple of days and have to make up some miles........ I will do it!!!
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Sandy!
  • patches0102
    Options
    Another day, more steps in!